Skin Builder - Now Available [Commercial]

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

I'm having trouble with Skin builder pro, it seems like the eye builder isn't working, and after just a couple sets of makeup it started rendering white- which is what happens whenever my DS runs out of temporary image memory :(

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited October 2014

Eye Builder is working..Results won't really show in preview but only once rendered. Can you try again and let me know the results?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Rendering isn't showing results either. Even if i make the eye color black or blue or red, it's not changing, and i'm not seeing the blend or overlay effects working either

• dandersonrudandersonru Posts: 19
    edited December 2014

Hi Zev0,

I purchased Skin Builder Pro recently and am learning how to use it now. I have a few issues. Possibly need to update?

I want to give you as much information as possible so I shall be quite detailed below. I could not find a support email so I am posting here.

DAZ Skin Builder Path: C:\DAZ 3D\My Library\People\Genesis\Materials\Skin Builder

DAZ Studio Pro 4.7

Skin Builder Pro:
    - Skin Builder :: Applying this first. See pics. It seems the textures are not being applied. If I change the Tint color to something that does get placed (see pic).

- Brow Builder :: Error
    Loading script: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/3 Eye Brows/!Brow Builder.dse
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 960
    WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'oMap' [null] is not an object.
    WARNING: Stack Trace:
    ()@:960
    Error in script execution: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/3 Eye Brows/!Brow Builder.dse

- Eye Builder :: Working as Expected....tints are a little off but can be dealt with.

- Eyelash Builder :: Working as Expected

- Gen Hair Builder :: See pic D

- Makeup Builder :: Not applying make up blending......none at all. Log shows it was a success.
    Loading script: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/2 Makeup/!Makeup Builder.dse
    Script executed successfully: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/2 Makeup/!Makeup Builder.dse

- Nail Builder :: Error
    Loading script: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/6 Nails/!Nail Builder.dse
    File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: NailsBase.duf
    Loaded image limbs light.jpg
    Saved image: C:\DAZ 3D\My Library\Runtime\Textures\DSZV\SkinBuilder\Skin\3_Fingernail0001.dsi
    Loaded image 3_Fingernail0001.dsi
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 899
    ()@:899
    Error in script execution: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/6 Nails/!Nail Builder.dse
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/Runtime/Textures/DSZV/SkinBuilder/Skin/limbs light.jpg

- Tan Line Builder :: Error
    Loading script: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Materials/Skin Builder/1 Tan Lines/!Tan Lines Builder.dse
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 1076
    ()@:1076
    Error in script execution: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Materials/Skin Builder/1 Tan Lines/!Tan Lines Builder.dse

Cheers
    Don

Pics:

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Skin_Builder_Pro_C.png
    727 x 792 - 328K
    Skin_Builder_Pro_B.png
    1920 x 1040 - 762K
    Skin_Builder_Pro_A.png
    744 x 581 - 53K
    Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Hi Zev0,

I purchased Skin Builder Pro recently and am learning how to use it now. I have a few issues. Possibly need to update?

I want to give you as much information as possible so I shall be quite detailed below. I could not find a support email so I am posting here.

DAZ Skin Builder Path: C:\DAZ 3D\My Library\People\Genesis\Materials\Skin Builder

DAZ Studio Pro 4.7

Skin Builder Pro:
    - Skin Builder :: Applying this first. See pics. It seems the textures are not being applied. If I change the Tint color to something that does get placed (see pic).

Loading script: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/3 Eye Brows/!Brow Builder.dse
    Error in script execution: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/3 Eye Brows/!Brow Builder.dse

- Eye Builder :: Working as Expected....tints are a little off but can be dealt with.

- Makeup Builder :: Not applying make up blending......none at all. Log shows it was a success.
    Loading script: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/2 Makeup/!Makeup Builder.dse
    Script executed successfully: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/2 Makeup/!Makeup Builder.dse

Loading script: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/6 Nails/!Nail Builder.dse
    Saved image: C:\DAZ 3D\My Library\Runtime\Textures\DSZV\SkinBuilder\Skin\3_Fingernail0001.dsi
    Error in script execution: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis/Materials/Skin Builder/6 Nails/!Nail Builder.dse
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/Runtime/Textures/DSZV/SkinBuilder/Skin/limbs light.jpg

Loading script: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Materials/Skin Builder/1 Tan Lines/!Tan Lines Builder.dse
    Error in script execution: C:/DAZ 3D/My Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Materials/Skin Builder/1 Tan Lines/!Tan Lines Builder.dse

Cheers
    Don

Pics:

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

On the scripts that you are getting the error "WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'oMap' [null] is not an object." This error happens if there is no textures assigned when the script is ran. Are you trying to run these with no base textures assigned to G2F?

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Just a simple Question. can i use Skin Builder also for the naughty parts?

edited December 1969

Hi Zev0,

DAZ Studio Pro 4.7

Skin Builder Pro:

Cheers
    Don

Pics:

On the scripts that you are getting the error "WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'oMap' [null] is not an object." This error happens if there is no textures assigned when the script is ran. Are you trying to run these with no base textures assigned to G2F?

The character model is Genesis with V5 UVs. I have the Genensis model selected.
    - I tried using Skin Builder with Bree but every time I try to apply with the Skin Builder script DAZ go Not Responding. After quite some time DAZ recovers but nothing applied.
    - So I place the Default Gray on the Genesis. The result is the Textures are not applied but the color bars are as shown in pics above. (I guess the Gen Hair pic was not 'clean' enough for the forum...oh well. This pic showed that the Gen Hair is being applied with the Medium Texture just for the Hip/Pelvis Area.)
    - I manually added all 3 textures with the Surface Selector and used Layer Image Editor manually. The Textures are showing properly in reference to the UV layout of V5.

Update as I am replying to this:
    Just out of curiosity I tried the model I manually added the textures to. Now they all seem to work. I exported in FBX and collected the textures....there are at least 20 d###.png (ex d210.png) files that look identical....perhaps 7 of each face, torso, limbs?? The layered texture is there also in PNG format with all the other textures in JPG

Tried again with a Gray Genesis and same result as earlier.

Cheers
    Don

edited December 2014

Just a simple Question. can i use Skin Builder also for the naughty parts?

What naughty parts? If you are talking about the official Female Genitals for G1 or G2 Female then yes. Skinbuilder should apply to those as well. Just save as as a material preset from the figure and apply that preset to the Genitals.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2014

Hi Zev0,

DAZ Studio Pro 4.7

Skin Builder Pro:

Cheers
    Don

Pics:

The character model is Genesis with V5 UVs. I have the Genensis model selected.
    - I tried using Skin Builder with Bree but every time I try to apply with the Skin Builder script DAZ go Not Responding. After quite some time DAZ recovers but nothing applied.
    - So I place the Default Gray on the Genesis. The result is the Textures are not applied but the color bars are as shown in pics above. (I guess the Gen Hair pic was not 'clean' enough for the forum...oh well. This pic showed that the Gen Hair is being applied with the Medium Texture just for the Hip/Pelvis Area.)
    - I manually added all 3 textures with the Surface Selector and used Layer Image Editor manually. The Textures are showing properly in reference to the UV layout of V5.

Update as I am replying to this:
    Just out of curiosity I tried the model I manually added the textures to. Now they all seem to work. I exported in FBX and collected the textures....there are at least 20 d###.png (ex d210.png) files that look identical....perhaps 7 of each face, torso, limbs?? The layered texture is there also in PNG format with all the other textures in JPG

Tried again with a Gray Genesis and same result as earlier.

Cheers
    Don

I just tried this on an untextured Genesis and did not get any of the following issues you mentioned. I applid the skin first, then applied eye builder to add texture to the eyes. All seems to be working fine. Unfortunately, I cannot update a product if this is an isolated issue, only if it happens to all users who are experiencing it. I will speak to Draagonstorm to see what possible issues could be happening on your side, and try and find a solution.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2014

Hi Zev0 and Draagonstorm,

Actually I have had very good luck with DAZ products. This is my first time posting in the forums since I have had nothing to really to say. I really want this Skin Builder Pro to function since I have a lot of skins to make. I am able to blend these great textures in Photoshop but I would really prefer to do this within DAZ Studio.

I stumbled onto something this morning prior to work. Confirmed this just now. So a new update on this.

I was thinking perhaps my shaped models were the issue so I made a fresh Genesis and set the UV layout to V5 and kept Plastic as the lighting model.

1) You can see in the Gray Genesis that it is dull and just the Gray color. This is the Fresh model.

2) This is post adding the Skin Builder to Genesis. You can see that the Color Bars were applied but not the Skin Texture itself. The log shows a success.

3) This is Manually adding the Light Skin Texture. Looks fine with the V5 UV. I went ahead and did the rest of the body manually PRIOR to adding any of the other items.

Note: The good news here is that post adding all the textures I am receiving none of the prior errors.....except the Eye Brows....which ais a different error that prior.

4) Added the other items 1 by 1. The only one I had trouble with is the Eye Brow Builder....see note.
    - Eye, Eyelash, Makeup, Nails, Tan Lines....all work. Takes about 1-3min to apply effect. I can work with this. Some other things DAZ does slowly I work with as well.
    - Eye Brow Builder: The eyebrows appear but the error is it is trying to find => DSgreyblack.jpg the only one present is DSblackback.jpg
    If I select DSblackblack the Eye Brows appear and stay. If I select any other option the eyebrows disappear....kind of line CTRL+Z (Undo)

Any recommendations to resolving this are surely welcome.

Cheers
    Don

Pics:

Skin_Builder_Pro_E.png
    416 x 106 - 29K
    DAZ_Genesis_Manual_Face.png
    731 x 654 - 348K
    DAZ_Genesis_After.png
    731 x 674 - 224K
    DAZ_Genesis_Before.png
    729 x 703 - 221K
    Post edited by dandersonru on
    edited December 1969

I have one big thing that is GLARING at me... From your screen shot below... Why are there two copies of each thumbnail? That is not right. And could be your issue in not finding the texture files.

There should only be one thumbnail for each script or preset.

Skin_Builder_Pro_B.png
    600 x 325 - 163K
    edited December 1969

Hi Draagonstorm,

Thank you for the reply and idea.

So I opened DAZ and checked the Thumbnail above each icon. The is no rhyme or reason which is left and right but one is pointing at Genesis and the other Genesis 2. The Skin Builder I have been clicking on is always the Left one which is pointing to Genesis 2. Going to give a new try now....moment.

Okay....tested with either Left or Right. Same result as previous posting.

Do you think I have a bogus DAZ install? It is getting confused about something? I can re-install DAZ if need be. I have had this same install since beginning of DSv4.5...so quite a long time....3 versions basically.

I have no idea....so...if you think this could be the issue....then....time to do it.

Thank you for the reply.

Cheers
    Don

edited December 1969

Update your Daz :cheese:

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio, to be precise.

edited December 2014

DAZ Studio Pro was 'Updated' to 4.7 already. I stated that in my original posting. The library, however, is the same library since 4.5.
    Please do not insult my intelligence with moot sarcasm about 'Updating'.

I 'Updated' DAZ Studio Pro v4.7 this morning by Uninstalling it and Installing once again. Nothing changed. Has to be the library files.

I also then Manually Deleted all the Skin Builder Pro folders and Downloaded and Installed again. Same result. Out of sheer morbid curiosity I did a MANUAL download and install of the product and it is now fully functioning......but still ridiculously slow.

I STILL have the double Icons (after 3 installs...same icons One for Gen and One for Gen2). I am able to apply the skin builder textures on V4 , V5, and M5 UVs (did not test M4....no reason to). It takes 4 minutes 36 seconds to apply on either. It is functioning with any of the UVs which is surprising.

I Manually Layered the images in LIE and DAZ Studio Pro v4.7 (64bit) is very speedy. The process was 6 seconds after pressing Accept. 7 seconds for the render as well.

I also have Tattoo Parlor for M5 which I added several tattoos to both Manual and your Scripted skins and they are all less than 10 seconds to apply and 7 seconds to render the skin model.

At this point the only thing I can state is your product is indeed functioning but it is fickled at best and not optimized at all. And since your scripts are Encrypted you both need to update these at some point. DAZ Studio Pro v4.7 (64bit) is fairly new so perhaps there in lay some of the issues. Not sure....your scripts.

In any case I do like the product since the textures really look great. in rendered lighting. The eyebrows and gen hair also look great in rendered lighting as does the rest of the textures. I surely will not seek a refund but will keep an eye out for any updates to this in my Install Manager.

I shall not post again on this topic. Fair well.

Post edited by dandersonru on
    edited December 2014

Sorry you felt offended. You did state you had the same install since 4.5. I did not know you were specifying about your library since libraries don't generally need to be updated. Only certain products that require one. No harm or sarcasm was intended.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2014

The time it takes to load the Layered Images is DAZ Studio processing, and not the script. The script takes a couple of seconds, at best, to complete it's job... Then DAZ Studio processes these layered images, compiling them, creating large files in a temporary folder, etc. It is this part of the processes that is taking the 4 + minutes to complete.

Using products like the tattoo overlays is not a good comparison... One overlay, on one material zone, in one parameter. When Skin Builder is doing multiple overlays, in multiple material zones, for multiple parameters. Now if you took one or more of those tattoo overlay products, and applied at least 4 tattoos to limbs, and 4 tattoos to torso, and 4 tattoos to face, you would be getting closer to the amount of layers Skin Builder is creating.. But that is only the Skin portion. Keep adding more tattoos to emulate the amount of layers for eye brows, makeup, ect... But then you are not emulating the bump, displacement, specular, etc layers that all also being added.. The point is, do this and you will see DAZ Studio starting to slow down processing these layers, as you keep adding more and more...

The time DAZ Studio takes to process these multiple layers, is the reason I created the product LIE Baker So that once you are happy with a skin setup, you can 'bake' it, so that it will not take 4+ minutes the next time you want to use it. If you try to just save it as an Material Preset... It will take that 4+ minutes to reload it...Same if you save it as a scene... It will take the 4+ minutes to reload... The only way it will not take that 4+ minutes to reload, is to bake the parameter textures that have layers to a permanent place, clear out the LIE properties, and assign the the baked texture to that parameter... And save all of that. Which is basically what LIE Baker is doing for you.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
    edited December 1969

The time it takes to load the Layered Images is DAZ Studio processing, and not the script. The script takes a couple of seconds, at best, to complete it's job... Then DAZ Studio processes these layered images, compiling them, creating large files in a temporary folder, etc. It is this part of the processes that is taking the 4 + minutes to complete.

Using products like the tattoo overlays is not a good comparison... One overlay, on one material zone, in one parameter. When Skin Builder is doing multiple overlays, in multiple material zones, for multiple parameters. Now if you took one or more of those tattoo overlay products, and applied at least 4 tattoos to limbs, and 4 tattoos to torso, and 4 tattoos to face, you would be getting closer to the amount of layers Skin Builder is creating.. But that is only the Skin portion. Keep adding more tattoos to emulate the amount of layers for eye brows, makeup, ect... But then you are not emulating the bump, displacement, specular, etc layers that all also being added.. The point is, do this and you will see DAZ Studio starting to slow down processing these layers, as you keep adding more and more...

The time DAZ Studio takes to process these multiple layers, is the reason I created the product LIE Baker So that once you are happy with a skin setup, you can 'bake' it, so that it will not take 4+ minutes the next time you want to use it. If you try to just save it as an Material Preset... It will take that 4+ minutes to reload it...Same if you save it as a scene... It will take the 4+ minutes to reload... The only way it will not take that 4+ minutes to reload, is to bake the parameter textures that have layers to a permanent place, clear out the LIE properties, and assign the the baked texture to that parameter... And save all of that. Which is basically what LIE Baker is doing for you.

Purchased LIE Baker as well. Thanks.

• niall.pagdinniall.pagdin Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Hi folks,

Just purchased Skin Builder Pro and while the skin layering part works fine I am having real problems with the makeup options. The first image below show the problem, which is that all the makeup is being applied too far up the model's face. I am using a default Genesis 2 female with the 'Base Female' UV set - I tried switching the UV set to Victoria 5 (which appeared as a suggestion in this thread earlier for someone having a similar problem) but then the face gets all weird anyway as shown in the second image below.

I'm assuming this is something to do with configuration given that I can't find anyone else posting about this. So hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Niall

SB_Vic_5.png
    400 x 600 - 206K
    SB_Issue.png
    400 x 600 - 218K
    edited December 1969

You can't just change the UV Set to Victoria 5. The original textures have to be for Victoria 5, if you are just using the makeup over a skin that is not created using Skin Builder.

• niall.pagdinniall.pagdin Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

You can't just change the UV Set to Victoria 5. The original textures have to be for Victoria 5, if you are just using the makeup over a skin that is not created using Skin Builder.

The Victoria 5 was a red herring based on an earlier post. It wasn't clear from the documentation that the makeup only works if you have first done a custom skin with SB so that was my mistake. Pretty obvious one really so sorry for being so thick and thanks for helping to point me in the right direction.

Now off to play!

edited December 1969

The Victoria 5 was a red herring based on an earlier post. It wasn't clear from the documentation that the makeup only works if you have first done a custom skin with SB so that was my mistake. Pretty obvious one really so sorry for being so thick and thanks for helping to point me in the right direction.

Now off to play!

Glad I could help.... Have fun!

• OverthefenceOverthefence Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

Hum hum ! Hello ! Me again ! Happy new Year !
    One year ago I posted remarks and requests (#150992 and #157379) about "Skin Overlay Bundle" NEVER stopping to create tdl and tif files (in the temp directory) AND dsi files (in the textures directories). It's an endless loop and I have to shut down DAZ Studio manualy and to delete hundreds of created files.

This year, I just bought "Skin builder Pro".
    Take a bet ... Same problem.
    Not exactly: Files created in the temp directory are png files and not tif files.

As nobody was able to duplicate the mysterious phenomenon and as my resquets (#150992 and #157379) were closed, I suppose I will not have any help. It must be coming from LIE and from somewhere in my configuration. Maybe from the place where bugs are living.

Regards
    Je suis CHARLIE.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

There is a popular 3rd. Party set of V6 Gens from R'otica and I am wondering how to use this with Skin Builder (which I bought very recently).

In another post, Zev0 mentioned saving the skin as a preset and applying to the gen figure. On the R'otica forum, someone had this to say:

... you wouldn't have to do anything for people to use Skin Builder. They would just apply the same Skin Bulder material to the New Genitalia as to the G2F, then just apply the genital detail LIE preset (V5 UV), and the genital details would just appear over the top as another LIE layer.

It might sound self-explanatory but I have never used LIE before and I'm a little confused. Also, how would one apply the Gen hair feature of Skin Builder to these "other" gens?

edited January 2015

You have to apply the Gen hair to the skin, save that as a material preset, then apply that preset to the Gens as well. I don't think you apply just the genhair LIE overlay directly to the Gens on it's own since the gens uses the characters material preset in order to seamlessly blend in. EG v5 skin set with Genhair applied to figure, same material preset applied to Gens.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    You have to apply the Gen hair to the skin, save that as a material preset, then apply that preset to the Gens as well. I don't think you apply just the genhair LIE overlay directly to the Gens on it's own since the gens uses the characters material preset to match..

Let's see if I understand. With DAZ gens (not using Skin Builder), I apply a skin to the character, then select the gens and apply the Gen material from the same folder, assuming the vendor has provided one. With the 3rd. Party gens, I apply the character skin first, then select the gens, then either apply a preset provided by the 3rd. Party vendor or use his "Texture Creator" to match the skin tone of the original character. In both cases, there are supplied presets. Unfortunately, the supplied 3rd. Party preset overwrites any detail that might have been present on the original hip texture.

With Skin Builder, do I create a skin preset before adding the gen add-on? Then add the gen add-on and then apply the preset to the gen add-on?

edited January 2015

When using skinbuilder, you just load up character without Gens attached, make a skin preset with gen hair overlay, save as material preset, then load gens, and apply that same material preset to the gens. That's how I normally do it. Basically what gets applied to the figure has to be applied to the gens. With third party Gens, if it supports the V5 UV that skinbuilder uses as well, then there should be no problems.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

I'm trying that now - will let you know how it goes. :)

edited December 1969

OK - tried it with both the DAZ and the 3rd. Party gens. The material preset works perfectly with the DAZ gens - including tan lines and gen hair.

The 3rd. Party gens present a different problem. Just applying the mat preset has no effect so I had to resort to the Texture Creator sister product. That works to an extent. It picks up the Skin Builder material and tries to match it but the gen hair detail is partially lost. So no, the two products don't really play nicely together.

edited December 1969

What uv set is the 3rd party Gens?