FLUIDOS II plugin for Carrara

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078
    edited April 2020

Some more progress.

I did manage to align the objects with the simulation and get a render.  Had to set the completion at 0 for frame 1 and at 100% at last frame.

Despite my edits, the statue must have a hole.  Will double check the ears.

https://youtu.be/Ld-xWfCmZ5U

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited April 2020

Argh.  angry

Argh Youtube Appeal.jpg
    938 x 682 - 85K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Double Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Terms of Service.

they have it in for you

maybe just start with the water bowl and make it more complicated gradually by adding statue etx

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812

ahhh I think I know why the bot flagged it

both Carrara interface same colour model, probably just compared

maybe needs pretty colours (garish shading) on model to show parts and where fluid goes enlightened

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    Diomede said:

Some Progress - But Not There Yet

In this test, I can see the simulation by advancing the completion slider.  But its not linked to the sequencer or renderer.  Also, it doesn't fit the set.  I made sure that the original Fluidos domain and the Fluidos viewer domain were in the same location and the same dimensions.  Both were set at dimension scale 20x, 20y, 20z, and at coordinates 0x, 0y, 0z.  In the completion slider, the calculated fluid is a larger scale and different location from the original.

But - you can hopefully see that the water in the base of the fountain did well and the water from the jug did well.  I will have to see if I missed a hole in the pedastal.

How do I...

- make sure the original fluid domain and the fluid viewer domain are aligned other than matching scale dimensions and x,y,z coordinates?

- get the compeltion percentage in the viewer to advance with the sequencer for animation?

attached are the completion  percentage at 15 percent increments

Hi!

How do I...

- make sure the original fluid domain and the fluid viewer domain are aligned other than matching scale dimensions and x,y,z coordinates?

Don't try to match the scale dimensions of the viewer. Change its scale or size only if you want a special effect. 

- get the compeltion percentage in the viewer to advance with the sequencer for animation?

Be sure the tweener of the Completion modifier is a Linear one. 

Let me know if there is any other problem, please.

edited April 2020

Thanks, Alberto.  I've put that project on pause until I can get tests on youtube again, or have another solution.  I'm still waiting on...

video removed.jpg
    1409 x 858 - 57K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Vesta moon smiley

funny coincidence, i have the Goddess Vesta in my prose rambles. Ares is sweet on her

Mystiarra said:

Vesta moon smiley

funny coincidence, i have the Goddess Vesta in my prose rambles. Ares is sweet on her

Well, she was sister of Ceres. And, as minor planets, Vesta and Ceres are both in the Asteroids belt... and neighbours of Mars.

Diomede said:

Argh.  angry

BTW - I must have lost my appeal.  Absurd!!!!!!!!!

Alberto said:
    Mystiarra said:

Vesta moon smiley

Well, she was sister of Ceres. And, as minor planets, Vesta and Ceres are both in the Asteroids belt... and neighbours of Mars.

sic itur ad astra

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    Diomede said:
    Diomede said:

Argh.  angry

that is just nuts

especially considering the amount of actual rubbish on YouTube crying

including all the crap I keep uploading blush

Diomede said:
    Diomede said:

Argh.  angry

that is just nuts

especially considering the amount of actual rubbish on YouTube crying

including all the crap I keep uploading blush

one of my toobs was removed too.  i had an age retricted flag on it just in case.  was a vid capture of my witcher 3 game play.

you toob.JPG
    1279 x 489 - 92K

fluidos hot fudge or caramel sundae, 0 calories smiley

Mystiarra said:

fluidos hot fudge or caramel sundae, 0 calories smiley

Wow! smiley

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Fluidos II has a new Lite and upgrade version for DS in the store, if you want to support the dev for the free Carrara version.
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223
    3drendero said:
    Fluidos II has a new Lite and upgrade version for DS in the store, if you want to support the dev for the free Carrara version.

So cool! I was just coming here to say that same thing! Thanks 3drendero!

3drendero said:

3drendero said:

So cool! I was just coming here to say that same thing! Thanks 3drendero!

Thank you 3drendero and Dartanbeck!

I was confused by those releases.  I purchased Fluidos II for Daz Studio and was wondering if this was some sort of super-Fluidos II.  

Anyway, good luck to Alberto with these releases.  I've thrown together some odd props that could be paired with Fluidos.  I could transfer them to Daz Studio versions and offer them as freebies to encourage Studio people to buy Fluidos.  The biggest problem thus far for me to offer Daz Studio freebies is the shaders.  If you check my ShareCG stuff, most of the Studio-compatible items don't have good shaders.

Diomede said:

I was confused by those releases.  I purchased Fluidos II for Daz Studio and was wondering if this was some sort of super-Fluidos II.  

Anyway, good luck to Alberto with these releases.  I've thrown together some odd props that could be paired with Fluidos.  I could transfer them to Daz Studio versions and offer them as freebies to encourage Studio people to buy Fluidos.  The biggest problem thus far for me to offer Daz Studio freebies is the shaders.  If you check my ShareCG stuff, most of the Studio-compatible items don't have good shaders.

Fluidos II for Daz Studio is the complete edition, the new Fluidos II Lite edition for Daz Studio is a limited edition. It's similar to Carrara Pro and Carrara standard.

The shaders, especially the liquids, smoke and fire, are difficult for me too!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Hi Alberto.

I'm having trouble getting diffuse particles to show up,.

I've enabled the diffuse option in the main fluid, and i'm getting diffuse files in the bakefiles folder, ...but they're all 1k.

There is a fluid domain/viewer but this shows as a small yellow cube in the corner of the domain  (pics)

What step am i missing,. or doing wrong ?

fluidos__d.jpg
    1422 x 800 - 526K
    3DAGE said:

Hi Alberto.

I'm having trouble getting diffuse particles to show up,.

I've enabled the diffuse option in the main fluid, and i'm getting diffuse files in the bakefiles folder, ...but they're all 1k.

There is a fluid domain/viewer but this shows as a small yellow cube in the corner of the domain  (pics)

What step am i missing,. or doing wrong ?

Hi, 3DAge !

If the files are 1K, probably no diffuse particle was generated. See in the corresponding log (at logs subfolder). 

You should see something like this at each calculated step:

Extrapolate Fluid Velocities:	0.3589	Num Diffuse Particles: 2437		NUM SPRAY:  4		NUM BUBBLE: 2424		NUM FOAM:   9Update Diffuse Material:     	0.156

If the number of diffuse particles is 0 at each frame, the simulator is not generating any one.

You can fix this by increasing the emission rates. By default are 175, but try increasing to 5000, 10000 or more.

You can also reduce the scaling exponent, but take into account that it increases the energy of particles, thus they'll could have a more lively behavior... sometimes in strange ways.

Thanks Al

I'l have a look and the files,..  and try adjusting those settings

3DAGE said:

Thanks Al

I'l have a look and the files,..  and try adjusting those settings

You're welcome!

Let me know if there are more problems, please.

Increasing the emission rates and lifespan resolved the diffuse partices,. Yay :)

two more things, probably not fluidos,. the Diffuse particles causes octane to hang and then crash taking carrara with it. no error message, just gone.

Carrara's renderer handles the diffuse particles, no issues.

The VDB files, loaded into a carrara Fog primitive, can be visualised in Octane as a volume, but it appears to move around in the animation, see end of clip.

Really nice work  on this pugin Alvin.

Thankyou

beautiful fountain

edited October 2020
    3DAGE said:

Increasing the emission rates and lifespan resolved the diffuse partices,. Yay :)

two more things, probably not fluidos,. the Diffuse particles causes octane to hang and then crash taking carrara with it. no error message, just gone.

Carrara's renderer handles the diffuse particles, no issues.

The VDB files, loaded into a carrara Fog primitive, can be visualised in Octane as a volume, but it appears to move around in the animation, see end of clip.

Really nice work  on this pugin Alvin.

Thankyou

You're welcome.

I didn't have Octane, thus I cannot help with this. But it's strange the behavior at the end of the clip, because the vdb files are equivalent to the meshes that show the viewer.

How you managed to load vdb files into a carrara fog primitive?, I'm very interested because it's one of my goals in FLUIDOS II.

Post edited by Alberto on

Very cool, 3DAGE!!!

For those who don't know, I have some videos and info on Fluidos on my ALVIN BÉMAR page, along with links to his other plugins.

I need to do some looking for more info and videos about Fluidos II and put that up there, and I will also put up a link to his store at Daz 3D

Just thought this might make for a handy page! :)

For those who don't know, I have some videos and info on Fluidos on my ALVIN BÉMAR page, along with links to his other plugins.

I need to do some looking for more info and videos about Fluidos II and put that up there, and I will also put up a link to his store at Daz 3D

Oh!, thank you! smiley

Alberto said:

Oh!, thank you! smiley

Actually... Thank You!!! smiley