Saving Shaping Morphs Favorites?

dissentrixdissentrix Posts: 70

Hi, I've perused a little bit of the existing threads about this question. I'm not sure if they're the exact same as what I'm asking - the closest thing I found was this thread. Basically, I've got a number of shape morphs (including the basic G3F body morphs) that I always tinker with whenever I create a new character. What I do usually is I browse through the (large) list of morphs I have to find the ones I need, but I wondered whether there was an easier way to find them. I realized today that there was actually a 'favorites' button for morphs, though from what I read, these favorites are lost when you reload the scene, or for a new character. Apparently, people in the various threads recommend making a Character Preset, which I've tried, but it's not working for me. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Just to confirm, this is how I've been doing it, I don't know if I'm missing anything:

-Add a G3F character to the scene;
-Go through the body morphs and favorite the ones I want in the "shaping" tab;
-"Save as/Character Preset" (with the figure selected);
-Keep "shape settings" and "material settings" checked, and save in a backup folder;
-Move the new .duf file (and .duf.png) to my Daz Library, under Presets/Characters;
-And then open the character preset in a new scene. Favorites don't appear.

I've also tried saving under Presets/Shaping, merging with an existing character instead of loading as a new one, and I've tried saving as a "Shaping Preset" (without touching any of the default options). No dice. Only thing I haven't tried for now is the "Save as/Support Asset/Morph Asset" option, but the threads didn't mention that one.

Is it still possible to save morph favorites? All I'm really asking is for a way to group the morphs I usually use in a single location. If there was a way to group morphs within subfolders, that'd be fine, or to categorize morphs like you can do assets, that'd be also fine.

Anyone have any idea? Appreciate the help.

Post edited by dissentrix on

Comments

• Which version of DS is this - Help>About Daz Studio? There was an issue with saving, but it should be working in the current geneal reelase (4.12.0.86) and Public Build (4.12.1.40).

• dissentrixdissentrix Posts: 70
    edited December 2019

Ah, so I must not be up to date then. Mine is 4.11.0.383.

I'll have to update and see.

EDIT: All right, I've updated. It still doesn't work, from what I can tell. That said, as I mentioned, I'm not sure I'm doing it the right way, as I know very little about Character Presets. I haven't tried to make a Scene Subset, so perhaps I'll do so, but just to be clear, after having favorited the morphs I want, am I supposed to do anything else apart from saving as a Character Preset? And, as for loading a Character Preset, is it correct to merge it onto an existing character?

Post edited by dissentrix on
  • All right, sorry for the double post, but I needed to update the thread by saying I managed to solve this. Using the Scene Subset (instead of the Character Preset) option, it worked flawlessly. All the morphs I favorited are on the G3F figure subset when I add it to my scene. I basically need to use this subset instead of the standard G3F figure in the future, but it works. Thanks for the help!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

@dissentrix there are other ways to go about doing what you've asked besides saving as a Scene Subset, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Scene Subsets save pretty much everything you select in the original scene, so they take more disk space to save. A Shaping preset saves just the character's shape, but does not include textures or add ons like lashes, etc, so this method saves space, and to use it you load a base G3 (or whatever) character and apply the Shaping preset to that. A character preset saves the shape and textures but nothing else, and does not need you to start by loading a base character, just load the Character preset, then add hair, lashes, clothes, etc.

I hope that makes things a little clearer. Try experimenting with each, and never worry about asking questions, because there are lots of people here who are happy to help! wink