Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• Hey everyone, just giving an update. Two months ago I wound up in the hospital and though I've been out for a bit, I let the archive on the front page slip a bit. Spent some time getting it updated but sorta asking for some help. I'd like a second person to help with keeping the list updated so it's not a one man job. Or at least some other eyes to see what needs working on. I know I need to get Darcy and her associated hairs/clothes/etc added. I also know I need to prune it of outdated material which is gonna be a massive undertaking.
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,779

Gallery link

Freebie credits:
    Morph by RenderGuyNY: https://sharecg.com/v/90309/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-8-Female-Faces
    Rose by bazsa: https://free3d.com/3d-model/rose-31675.html
    Petals by Sannzi: http://sanzisannzi.web.fc2.com/sub3.html
    Pose Converter by MCphylyss: https://www.sharecg.com/v/89846/browse/8/Script/Daz3d-Pose-Converter-Standalone

@ZamuelNow: I'm sorry to hear about your health problems, I hope all is well...

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    ZamuelNow said:
    Hey everyone, just giving an update. Two months ago I wound up in the hospital and though I've been out for a bit, I let the archive on the front page slip a bit. Spent some time getting it updated but sorta asking for some help. I'd like a second person to help with keeping the list updated so it's not a one man job. Or at least some other eyes to see what needs working on. I know I need to get Darcy and her associated hairs/clothes/etc added. I also know I need to prune it of outdated material which is gonna be a massive undertaking.

A few (very very few) things to edit/prune at the top of the Product Archive:

Vendors: you have "samsil (other)". You can delete the "other" link; Daz has removed Samsil as a named vendor, and his storefront is gone. Any of his products that they kept are now listed only with "Daz Originals" as the vendor. You can still search for his name and get results, but the results can be confusing if you don't know what happened, since none of them include his name any more.

Twins 1 for K4 (Lemar and Denisha) are no longer available at Hivewire; they've moved to Rendo. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/twins-lemar-and-denisha/79405/

Jamika for K4 is no longer available.

Elizabeth 2 seems to have moved to ShareCG -- the Whatever3D site does an autmatic (and very fast) refer to her page on ShareCG. https://sharecg.com/v/94763/view/11/Poser/Elizabeth-2-Core

I never realized how much work that archive must be. 27 pages is a huge amount of work!

I hope you're doing better now!

• thought may as well share some of the ladies I've done

this is Louisiana HD for Genesis 8 and Darcy 8, I don't have Darcy 8 but I think Lu looks pretty fine still

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/915736   Louisiana On The Beach

and these next three using various morphs, Facegen and faces from Generated Faces -which are faces made from various parts/faces of several people to create brand new faces

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/872796  

Serenity 29

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/867636  

She's Got Leggzz 2

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/865381  

Pinup 156am11019b

Louisiana on the beach.jpg
    2719 x 1529 - 1M
    Serenity 29.jpg
    2719 x 3386 - 4M
    She's got LeggZZ 2.jpg
    1289 x 2719 - 1M
    pinup 156am11019b.jpg
    2719 x 3189 - 3M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,157
    edited January 2020

Made with the Darcy 8 Pro Bundle and some misc. items

Darcy HD Afro Hair Fall Shaders African Headwrap Natural Eyes AgentUnawares.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited January 2020

Darcy 8

Post edited by Daventaki on
    barbult said:

Is that Darcy out of the box? She looks amazing! That smile!

Hylas said:
    barbult said:

Is that Darcy out of the box? She looks amazing! That smile!

I'm glad you like her! She has a couple other things dialed in for variety. Her formula:

• Darcy 8 100%
    • Darcy 8 HD  Details 100%
    • Teen jane 8 Head 25%
    • LY Boom Chica Plus Head 75%
    • LY Boom Chica Plus Body 75%
    • LY Oval Nails 27.3%
    • Her expression was generated with Expression Mixer, a really fun tool.

Her materials are Lakeshya from the Darcy 8 Pro Bundle. Eyes are from Natural Eyes.

• @barbult She looks incredibly real. That's amazing! So many wonderful renders in this thread!

@barbult She looks incredibly real. That's amazing! So many wonderful renders in this thread!

Thanks. I think adding some meat on those bones with the Boom Chica morphs is helpful. She is still far from overweight, I think.

• Maiya

FULL-FIGRUED.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 838K
  • @emotionaldreams2. The lighting is a little dark, but Maiya looks great!

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited February 2020

Hey, I have stuff to contribute here! 

Custom original character Lengariel aka "Lennie" who is a Dunedain Ranger in Lord of the Rings Online (because Middle Earth always needs more color). She's using my own tweaked version of Monique 7's skin (with Monique 8's brows). 

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2020

Original character fanart commission for a friend of her Imperial Agent in Star Wars: The Old Republic, Cipher Nine.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497

Original character fanart commission for a friend of her Imperial Agent in Star Wars: The Old Republic, Cipher Nine.

Oh I saw this one highlighted on someone's youtube channel and loved it! What hair did you use for this? I've been looking but haven't found or it at least don't think I have. Are men okay here too because I have a couple...

sunnyjei said:

Oh I saw this one highlighted on someone's youtube channel and loved it! What hair did you use for this? I've been looking but haven't found or it at least don't think I have. Are men okay here too because I have a couple...

Glad you like it! The hair is Rasta Tails by OOT. It's made for G3 but works fine on G8. The only issue I've come across is that the scalp likes to clip through the forehead in spots and cause black marks. 

I'll have to post up the male pieces I have too. 

Glad you like it! The hair is Rasta Tails by OOT. It's made for G3 but works fine on G8. The only issue I've come across is that the scalp likes to clip through the forehead in spots and cause black marks. 

That's what I thought and bought it but your hair tail looks more like dreads/twists than braids. I'm assuming that was one of the hair texture options or did you so something extra?
    sunnyjei said:

That's what I thought and bought it but your hair tail looks more like dreads/twists than braids. I'm assuming that was one of the hair texture options or did you so something extra?

Nope, that's pretty much right out of the box. SamSil does have some wonderful dForce-enabled hair on Rendo that you might want to look at. There is one that is Senegalese twists, but it's not pulled back. 

Thanks I'll check them out :)
  • jimmyzpop said:

@emotionaldreams2. The lighting is a little dark, but Maiya looks great!

yes

not really a fan of bright scenes. really bright scens make ethnic models look shiny or washed out. been l been lokin for some decent lighting products for black models

• Hey, I have stuff to contribute here! 

Custom original character Lengariel aka "Lennie" who is a Dunedain Ranger in Lord of the Rings Online (because Middle Earth always needs more color). She's using my own tweaked version of Monique 7's skin (with Monique 8's brows). 

well done with skin. what lights is that?

Hey, I have stuff to contribute here! 

well done with skin. what lights is that?

It's a set by Fabiana on Rendo. 

Love it!

• RJGirlRJGirl Posts: 93
    edited February 2020

Post edited by RJGirl on

Cute @Rjgirl the pose especially :)

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026
    edited February 2020

@RJGirl - Well done, I love the atmosphere breathing from that image.smiley

My newest render, featuring FWSA Khepri for Latonya 8:

Bring 'em over there, Sergeant!

Gallery link: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/938866

Khepri 1 JPG.jpg
    4320 x 3120 - 2M
    Post edited by watchdog79 on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,067
    edited February 2020

There is a figure no-one has mentioned by HinkyPunk. Anyway, here she is having a big stretch.

Aniyah 05b R01.png
    800 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • vwrangler said:

I never realized how much work that archive must be. 27 pages is a huge amount of work!

I hope you're doing better now!

I'm doing much better. The sheer size of the archive on it's own isn't the problem. The problems mainly come down to pruning and the initial finding. Pruning dead links has to be done manually since there isn't any form of automatic update for when something gets pulled from the store or changes stores. It's admitted gotten harder as time goes on. But finding stuff to add is technically the same problem it's always been--if you don't physically see it the week of release, you'll never find it. A lot of them aren't noted as African/African American so they won't show up in a search if you're trying to find black characters. It's actually the most notable difference between searching for black character and an asian character. I will say that things are better than they used to be. For someone new or returning after an absence, there's at least the growing number of Daz Original characters.

not really a fan of bright scenes. really bright scens make ethnic models look shiny or washed out. been l been lokin for some decent lighting products for black models

I'm pulling this out to highlight it.One of the biggest problems for darker skin characters has always been lighting. Could people here suggest what lighting they're currently using? Well, lighting and the actual skin since it's a two part problem. I don't render like I used to but one thing I used to actively do was find the few characters whose skin reacted well to most lighting and copy over their material settings to other characters as needed.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited February 2020

One Iray HDR light set that I use frequently for test renders is a freebie set by AgentUnawares: https://www.deviantart.com/agentunawares/art/Portrait-Light-Set-01-716649600

The light set has a specific render setting for dark skin. He states that the set is for use in portraits, but it works pretty well for full-length as well.

And as a side note, Daz seems to have changed something about how the forums work, with the recent unpleasantness and other issues, I guess. What I used to do -- copy the URL of the file attachment's thumbnail and delete the "thumbnail" text to get the full URL to the main image -- doesn't work any more. I had to put the example into the Daz gallery.

Anyway, an example of how the AgentUnawares set can look. Note that there is a wall, painted a scratchy semi-gloss black, behind the character, which acts partly as a reflector. If there were no wall, the background would be either nonexistent, if the HDR dome were turned off, or black if it's on. In this case, it's on but you can't see it anyway thanks to the wall.

EDIT: The texture is Tyrone for Darius 8. I think the settings are from Altern8 for Lee 8 -- it's been a while -- but they're definitely not his default setting.

A weightlifter, candid

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Thanks for the heads up.  I went ahead and added the link to the archive, especially since it's free.  I don't think any Iray light sets were in the archive at all.