Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

Beautiful renders... Laverne and Oshun are both on my wishlist!

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

Queenie and Denton

I originally posted this in the Mousso thread and had some good feedback so I've decided to post it here too. The guy is  FW Denton with a bit of FW Raymond blended in as I thought it improved his features

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,501

Hylas said:

Hey, if somebody could do me a favour and do a quick render of Laverne, but with Darcy 8 as a base instead of Monique 8, I'd sure appreciate it!

Okay so the first picture is the default Laverne, which has Monique body at 70% and Monique head at 75%. The second picture has Monique removed and Darcy body at 70% and Darcy head at 75%. The third picture has Darcy head and body at 100%. That is assuming I didn't get them mixed up. Post work was done on the bra to fix poke-through issues.

Black Female Laverne in crop top, jacket, and shorts

NylonGirl said:

Hylas said:

Hey, if somebody could do me a favour and do a quick render of Laverne, but with Darcy 8 as a base instead of Monique 8, I'd sure appreciate it!

Okay so the first picture is the default Laverne, which has Monique body at 70% and Monique head at 75%. The second picture has Monique removed and Darcy body at 70% and Darcy head at 75%. The third picture has Darcy head and body at 100%. That is assuming I didn't get them mixed up. Post work was done on the bra to fix poke-through issues.

Somebody actually did this already somewhere upthread... but thank you anyway! Your renders are very clear and give a good impression of the character.

My conclusion was - and still is - that Laverne without Monique (but with Darcy) is nice enough, but she lacks that special something that makes her a must have for me. I'm a patient guy, so I'll just wait for a chance to get both Monique 8 and Laverne for a good price sometime in the future. There's always another sale!

In the meantime I don't lack for beautiful black ladies, having Darcy, Anyah, Twylite, and Eden in my library!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,067

Hylas, at the moment Laverne is coming up for me as under $7 and Monique under $17.  You might find that discounted enough.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited May 2020

Here is one I did of Latonya a while ago... I think she has a really interesting face.

F03BF168-E9A8-4FC6-A702-AB391C3DE1A9.jpeg
    1000 x 1300 - 424K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited May 2020

Another Latonya 

0961CA31-68E4-47E3-B1B8-21A5B912FB1B.jpeg
    1000 x 1300 - 477K
    Post edited by Wonderland on

Here is one I did of Latonya a while ago... I think she has a really interesting face.

Laverne reminds me of Traci Wolfe as Rianne Murtaugh.

Also I really like the steel frame specs. Somebody should make a Genesis 3/8 version with IRAY textures. I realize there are other glasses out there but none of them look like glasses people wear.

Black Girl In Front of TV

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

Really great work all around!

She looks outstanding! I like that she's got youthful as well as mature features. Eyes are perfect.

NylonGirl said:

Also I really like the steel frame specs. Somebody should make a Genesis 3/8 version with IRAY textures. I realize there are other glasses out there but none of them look like glasses people wear.

Fantastic posing and of course great looking surfaces. I could maybe prefer a slightly increased specular reflection response on the skin, but only a subtle increase. I think the hiar loks very natural, and could probably use a slight uptick in shine as well. I can see you're wanting to avoid overdoing the shine, and I agree with that instinct. but here I think maybe you could push it a little. OR maybe you could consider adding some sort of small light source that has enough brightness to help bring out a touch of that shininess that's already there.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

...well here's my latest char...

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,067

Exquisite.

The only slight marring to her perfection is a slight change in angle around where the top of her left breast meets her upper chest, and it dives a bit towards her cleavage. (It goes through image pixel X400 Y662 - it's such a slight feature it doesn't stand out strongly).  I only say it because I have never seen photographs of real people with a shadow there - and it could be I have just never noticed.

Regardless, the image is exquisite.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    NylonGirl said:

Out of curiosity, which glasses are those?

... I find her skin to be a little too purple. cool

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited May 2020
    ZamuelNow said:
    NylonGirl said:

https://www.daz3d.com/steel-frame-specs

I put them on my wish list ages ago -- well, obviously -- and then forgot about them. I tend to use Spex or Alt Style Glasses. SPEX is even older than Steel Frame Spex, but mostly it works, although the lenses need a bit of wrestling in Iray sometimes, because they have both a front and back surface.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited May 2020

Exquisite.

The only slight marring to her perfection is a slight change in angle around where the top of her left breast meets her upper chest, and it dives a bit towards her cleavage. (It goes through image pixel X400 Y662 - it's such a slight feature it doesn't stand out strongly).  I only say it because I have never seen photographs of real people with a shadow there - and it could be I have just never noticed.

Regardless, the image is exquisite.

Tks for the nice coment! I believe I need to check the diffuse map for baked in highlights/shadows...old V4 textures that I've tried to clean up, must have missed this detail, tks for pointing it out!

Hylas said:

... I find her skin to be a little too purple. cool

Tks for commenting, you may well be right, will take under consideration;)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    edited May 2020
    vwrangler said:
    ZamuelNow said:
    NylonGirl said:

https://www.daz3d.com/steel-frame-specs

I put them on my wish list ages ago -- well, obviously -- and then forgot about them. I tend to use Spex or Alt Style Glasses. SPEX is even older than Steel Frame Spex, but mostly it works, although the lenses need a bit of wrestling in Iray sometimes, because they have both a front and back surface.

This one includes a pair of sunglasses, you can modify the glass:

https://www.daz3d.com/gayll-clothing-and-accessories-for-genesis-8-females

Post edited by Taoz on
  • FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    e9a1d34232c18e98e891f1a2bd6d54.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 44K
    blackisbeautifulx1.png
    2672 x 1972 - 1M
    ZamuelNow said:

As @vwranglersaid, those are actually called Steel Frame Specs. But I applied various IRAY textures to them. I have no idea what they look like with the textures they came with. And they didn't automatically fit right. I had to fiddle with them.

Fantastic posing and of course great looking surfaces. I could maybe prefer a slightly increased specular reflection response on the skin, but only a subtle increase. I think the hiar loks very natural, and could probably use a slight uptick in shine as well. I can see you're wanting to avoid overdoing the shine, and I agree with that instinct. but here I think maybe you could push it a little. OR maybe you could consider adding some sort of small light source that has enough brightness to help bring out a touch of that shininess that's already there.

Thank you. I will try again sometime with more shininess. And I know the only thing you have to go by is my crappy computer generated avatar but, try to use your mind's eye to imagine me looking at you with a facial expression that says, "I rendered eight images before I finally settled on those two, starting over each time because I noticed something wrong, at about an hour per render, and now you want me to make them more shiny". Also imagine some finger pointing and me about to say something but catching myself at the last minute.

Please also note that I'm not upset but I entertain myself by going on long dramatic tirades.

Black Girl sitting in chair in Black dress in a yard

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

As I said elsewhere, having weird fun with the Q Suit and its color combinations.

Apollo in the Q Suit

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Cynderblue's Ekua

• Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited May 2020

Harriet from Daisy and Friends

webHarriet 2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 204K
    Post edited by Virtual_World on

Harriet from Daisy and Friends

Gorgeous!

edited May 2020

Thank you! Hylas! 

Here there is another but with a different skin color (also included in the product)

webHarriet 3.jpg
    650 x 500 - 152K
    Post edited by Virtual_World on
  • jesusaramenesjesusaramenes Posts: 177
    edited May 2020

hi ;) here's my little contribution to black beauty, an ancient rendering called "into the mist"

Into The Mist.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 550K
    Post edited by jesusaramenes on

hi ;) here's my little contribution to black beauty, an ancient rendering called "into the mist"

Her skin looks beautiful!

• jesusaramenesjesusaramenes Posts: 177

thanks :) it's not an exceptional rendering but I love it :)