Newbie Scripting - Camera + Pose set

Going to finally attempt my first scripting project in Daz! 

After finding out that there doesn't seem to be a better current solution than parent to bones, I'd like to create a way to save a camera + pose set for a particular character or group of characters. 

The idea is that I often have different cameras for different poses for the same character. Some poses only work with certain cameras. It's typically not aimed from a specific bone at a specific bone but just from aesthetic judgment. Currently, I would save a new scene for every single pose+camera. This seems a bit overkill so I would like to figure out how to optimize the workflow. It would be great to be able also to change the costume on the character and be able to easily take shots of each pose/camera (instead of having to manually open each file, apply each wardrobe item, etc). 

From a non-Daz specific programmatic perspective, I assume this is just associating global position/rotation of the daz character and camera, with another field for the pose name. (And additional pose transform effects on bones).

Is this possible? Which approach would you suggest? 

Comments

• You could hae multiple cameras in a single scene, one for each pose, and switch between them. It would help if you didn't spread what is effectively a development of the same topic over multiple threads.

• Is there a way to have the camera remember a specific character pose? 

If not, and hence the separate thread, was thinking of scripting this 

• No, I'm not even sure what remembering a pose would amount to - I'm not entirely sure how far a script would help, other than switching between separate cameras or applying settings to figure and camera (which would be just the same as using the Timeline).

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 252

The idea is that I often have different cameras for different poses for the same character. Some poses only work with certain cameras. It's typically not aimed from a specific bone at a specific bone but just from aesthetic judgment. Currently, I would save a new scene for every single pose+camera.

Could you create one pose for the camera and the character?  I don't know if you are changing the camera or not, but then you would just apply the pose to them and go.

For the clothing I just create a scene subset of the character dressed as I wish and load that.  For multiple, just repeat.  If the above works, just load character with clothes, apply pose, and go.  If it doesn't, just use two poses, one for the camera and one for the character.

If you want to do the scripting, this might be easier to script.

Gus