FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio - update 2.2 [commercial]

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,383

mikethe3dguy said:

Okay thanks! Is there anything else that will affect the rise speed as well - is there any relationship with Velocity (y) for example? I haven't fully explored it yet but so far reducing Beta Buoyancy reaches a point where much of the smoke falls below the source, similar to reducing temperature. Having a hard time reaching any kind of sweet spot.

For liquids simulation, the velocity (y) straightforward affects the rise speed, but for smoke and fire, it's not the case, because the  smoke or fire have to work against the air resistance.

The gravity, for Boussinesq and Simplified solution methods, is another parameter that affects the rise speed. The rise velocity is in opposite direction of the gravity, and the higher the magnitude, the higher the effect on raise speed.

mikethe3dguy said:

Hmm, never occurred to me before, but I just took the timeline of the simulation and increased it from 60 frames to 120. Then I dragged the "100% completion" key at frame 60 to new frame 120. Instant half-speed animation. So it seems that all I really need to do to adjust the simulation speed is fiddle with the completion key at the end of the timeline; either what frame it is placed at, or the percentage value, or both. Simple.

Certainly, that is the simpler solution if the smoke doesn't interact with animated objects in scene.

• jesusaramenesjesusaramenes Posts: 177
    edited January 2022

hello ;) sorry if I express myself badly but I use a translator

i bought fluidos 2 lite version and i followed the video tutorials and i must say that i am impressed by the quality ! bravo to the creator !

I would like to know if someone could explain to me how to create a water jet coming out of a water gun?

thank you in advance ;)

edit : I succeeded in following the tutorial "the fountain" but I would like to know how to make the water stop by the skin ? thank you

Post edited by jesusaramenes on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,916

jesusaramenes said:

I would like to know how to make the water stop by the skin ? thank you

Put the char inside the Domain, it will automatically get the Fluidos' base parameters and become an "obstacle". For big domains I suggest you to use a bigger Grid value (like 2) to make the first tries and see if the result is good for you since it's way faster, then bring it down to the desired value, like 0.5, and simulate the final one.

• Imago said:

jesusaramenes said:

I would like to know how to make the water stop by the skin ? thank you

Put the char inside the Domain, it will automatically get the Fluidos' base parameters and become an "obstacle". For big domains I suggest you to use a bigger Grid value (like 2) to make the first tries and see if the result is good for you since it's way faster, then bring it down to the desired value, like 0.5, and simulate the final one.

thank you ;) 

• Hello, I have one more question

I would like to make a scene where two characters throw snowballs at each other, I tried to do it by manipulating the parameters but I can't, how can I send a single snowball please? 

thanks again for your help ;)

jesusaramenes said:

Hello, I have one more question

I would like to make a scene where two characters throw snowballs at each other, I tried to do it by manipulating the parameters but I can't, how can I send a single snowball please? 

thanks again for your help ;)

That's feasible but REALLY heavy on the engine since you have to use high viscosity values and also (I guess) a pretty big domain. surprise And keep in mind that Fluidos can manage the phisics of the fluids created by its emitters, all other fluids will obey the gravity.
    There are two possible methods, both will require a bit of tweaking.

Right now I can't explain, I'll return and give you all the instructions. wink

• Ok, thank you so much ;)
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

I was interested in using the vdb output, but the saved location of the resulting vdb is set to world origin, no matter where I placed the domain when generating the fluid.

Is there an easy way to change the location of the result?

Oso3D said:

I was interested in using the vdb output, but the saved location of the resulting vdb is set to world origin, no matter where I placed the domain when generating the fluid.

Is there an easy way to change the location of the result?

I think parenting the part you want to a Null will help you reposition it wherever you want.
    Fluidos utilizes the Mesher position to show the results, so you can do about same with the Null node.

• I am very new with fluidos even if I have since first version. Now I have the lite II. However I can't use the scenes (the waterfall doesn't work for me). I know I miss something, but some basic step-by-step video tutorial would be really great. For example I just followed your cloud tutorial, but maybe because I miss some basic knowledge ... or you just didn't write step-by-step everything (every small details would be important, for example the size of the spheres or how should the scene look befor run the simulation ...), nothing happen for me. I set everything what you wrote .. except Vorticity, because my fluidos domain missing that properties. (Is this not in the lite version??? But on the Lite version's page the clouds are in the promo images, so I should have create a cloud with it, this is why I bought)

So run the simulation and nothing. 

3D-GHDesign said:

I am very new with fluidos even if I have since first version. Now I have the lite II. However I can't use the scenes (the waterfall doesn't work for me). I know I miss something, but some basic step-by-step video tutorial would be really great. For example I just followed your cloud tutorial, but maybe because I miss some basic knowledge ... or you just didn't write step-by-step everything (every small details would be important, for example the size of the spheres or how should the scene look befor run the simulation ...), nothing happen for me. I set everything what you wrote .. except Vorticity, because my fluidos domain missing that properties. (Is this not in the lite version??? But on the Lite version's page the clouds are in the promo images, so I should have create a cloud with it, this is why I bought)

So run the simulation and nothing. 

Exactly, what you want to do? Perhaps I can help.

In the meantime, check if you set all the folders to the right path and check if the Mesher is in the right spot. And, just to be sure, check if you actually created a Mesher and set it by copy-pasting the Domain's values (select the Domain, CTRL+C, select the Mesher, CTRL+V)

• I wanted to create a cloud at first and another ... I would like to convert a mesh into volume. (like cloud, but not with small thin triangles, but more like the fluid) Where have to be the mesher? (inside the domain cube is enough?)
    The folder .. I set same folder for both ... just selected a folder and as I see fluidos create subfolders.

I didn't copy-pasted, just set what you shown in the cloud post. Will try with copy paste, but didn't notice that have same settings ... 

Also why I have no Vorticity? Is it not available in the Lite version?

3D-GHDesign said:

I wanted to create a cloud at first and another ... I would like to convert a mesh into volume. (like cloud, but not with small thin triangles, but more like the fluid) Where have to be the mesher? (inside the domain cube is enough?)
    The folder .. I set same folder for both ... just selected a folder and as I see fluidos create subfolders.

I didn't copy-pasted, just set what you shown in the cloud post. Will try with copy paste, but didn't notice that have same settings ... 

Also why I have no Vorticity? Is it not available in the Lite version?

Don't put the mesher inside the domain, otherwise, it will interact with the fluid, as if the mesher was an obstacle.

Choose the "Fluid mesh" as the mesh type is you don't want the small thin triangles.

Vorticity isn't in the Lite version by now. However, I'm currently working on the update for Fluidos II (Complete and Lite editions), and the Vorticity parameter will be included in the Lite edition.

• Thank you! will try ... 

The mesher inside the domain ... you mean phisicaly do not interact or not inside the scene tab? I will check what happen if I put mesher phisically outside ... maybe that was the problem.

3D-GHDesign said:

Thank you! will try ... 

The mesher inside the domain ... you mean phisicaly do not interact or not inside the scene tab? I will check what happen if I put mesher phisically outside ... maybe that was the problem.

Mesher and Domain must be in the same identical place for the result to be correct.
    By Parenting, Alberto means to not put the Mesher "inside" the domain in the Scene tab. The two elements must appear as separate items (no small arrow in Domain's name).
    If you copy-paste domain's settings to the Mesher using CTRL+C and CTRL+V you will be sure everything is in the right place, along with folder paths.

• Imago said:

3D-GHDesign said:

Thank you! will try ... 

Mesher and Domain must be in the same identical place for the result to be correct.
    By Parenting, Alberto means to not put the Mesher "inside" the domain in the Scene tab. The two elements must appear as separate items (no small arrow in Domain's name).
    If you copy-paste domain's settings to the Mesher using CTRL+C and CTRL+V you will be sure everything is in the right place, along with folder paths.

Thank you for clarification!  

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

Alberto I saw in another of your threads you would be doing an update for Fluidos. Are you able to give a summary of what changes are coming? 

Sorel said:

Alberto I saw in another of your threads you would be doing an update for Fluidos. Are you able to give a summary of what changes are coming? 

Yes. The main new features are:

• A new additional solver: Affine Particle-In-Cell Method (APIC) for fluid simulation. The current one is PIC/FLIP (a mixing of Particle-In-Cell and Fluid Implicit Particle solvers):  Here are the description of the APIC solver and the comparison with PIC and FLIP:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPG5H5ZoL5Y  
    • Narrow-band method (for FLIP or APIC solvers). Here is the description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEj2Hw7Vxd8
    • A new Mesher to render OpenVDB volume sets (generated by Fluidos II itself) in Iray.
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

Alberto said:

Sorel said:

Yes. The main new features are:

• A new additional solver: Affine Particle-In-Cell Method (APIC) for fluid simulation. The current one is PIC/FLIP (a mixing of Particle-In-Cell and Fluid Implicit Particle solvers):  Here are the description of the APIC solver and the comparison with PIC and FLIP:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPG5H5ZoL5Y  
    • Narrow-band method (for FLIP or APIC solvers). Here is the description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEj2Hw7Vxd8
    • A new Mesher to render OpenVDB volume sets (generated by Fluidos II itself) in Iray.

Thank you very much for the information.  APIC looks amazing, I'm very excited.  

• JovanniJovanni Posts: 87
    edited April 2022

Hi all. I have a few questions about fluid behavior. 

I created a simple scene for an example. A blue object as an obstacle. It has a non-uniform shape that the fluid should cling to (in theory). But, as you can see in the animation, the liquid just slides on the surface. 
    Is it possible to adjust the friction? How can we get the fluid to cling to the surface? 

Also. When the obstacle pulls back, it kills the fluid mesh. Why doesn't it just move it? What settings can fix this?

https://youtube.com/shorts/mpT5FR9nzGE?feature=share

Domain.jpg
    542 x 1321 - 355K
    Obstacle.jpg
    542 x 407 - 97K
    Source.jpg
    540 x 652 - 202K
    Post edited by Jovanni on

It's really odd what I see on your clip, ususally the fluids on my scenes follows the objects way better... Perhaps you have to reduce to 0.50 the size of the domain in order to have more precision on the mesh, if not even lower. Notice that it wull take way more time for the simulation.
    if it doesn't do the trick yry enabling Viscosity. It's a pretty heavy feature so the simulation will take a bit longer also you have to fidget a bit with values in order to find your desired effect. Also add a small force on the mesh, it should help a bit keep the fluids "on place".

edited April 2022

Imago said:

It's really odd what I see on your clip, ususally the fluids on my scenes follows the objects way better... Perhaps you have to reduce to 0.50 the size of the domain in order to have more precision on the mesh, if not even lower. Notice that it wull take way more time for the simulation.
    if it doesn't do the trick yry enabling Viscosity. It's a pretty heavy feature so the simulation will take a bit longer also you have to fidget a bit with values in order to find your desired effect. Also add a small force on the mesh, it should help a bit keep the fluids "on place".

Hi Imago. Thank you for your reply
    I changed Cell size = 0.3. (The previous time it was =1). This did not help to solve the problem at all.
    The simulation took much longer (several hours), but the accuracy did not improve.
    I also tried increasing the FPS in the domain settings (from 24 frames to 96). That didn't help either. Changing the viscosity unfortunately didn't help either. With a static obstacle all is ok. Problems arise with a moving obstacle

https://youtube.com/shorts/_s8lvkf_C4M ;

Post edited by Jovanni on

Then try the Thicken option in the Obstacle options and disable the Viscosity, for now. You can re-enable il later if the result isn't good. Also, try increasing a bit the attractive force, but not too much.

The amount of FPS doesn't change much on that situation. Also no need for such a small domain, 0.50 is enough.

Has anyone been able to import openvdb from blender to daz3d? :D

Jovanni said:

Imago said:

Hi Imago. Thank you for your reply
    I changed Cell size = 0.3. (The previous time it was =1). This did not help to solve the problem at all.
    The simulation took much longer (several hours), but the accuracy did not improve.
    I also tried increasing the FPS in the domain settings (from 24 frames to 96). That didn't help either. Changing the viscosity unfortunately didn't help either. With a static obstacle all is ok. Problems arise with a moving obstacle

https://youtube.com/shorts/_s8lvkf_C4M ;

I suggest using a negative body force in the obstacle (perhaps -10 or -20) to push the fluid. Another problem with thin layers of fluid is that some of the fluid could be invisible after the meshing: Set the subdivision level to 1.5 and maybe change the filter for gaussian to mean (2 or more iterations).

Fluidos II V 1.1 is not good with moving solids and thin layers of fluid. But the next update (V2.2) will have better behavior with moving obstacles. I think this update will be available to the owners of Fluidos II in less than a month.

Jovanni said:

Has anyone been able to import openvdb from blender to daz3d? :D

If you have vdb files of simulation of liquids, the vdbs are probably level sets, these can be transformed to meshes using remeshing in Fluidos II. But for smoke, fog, explosions, the current version (V2.1) cannot read these vdbs, but the plugin ABAS can do it (see https://youtu.be/FfGlaJyXXVo).

• I want to buy Fluidos II for DAZ, but I can't tell if the "normal" version or the "lite" version is superior/newer. It says that lite is a newer version, and faster, but I also don't want to lose any functionality. What do you recommend?

rirvinmoore_bce34b999f said:

I want to buy Fluidos II for DAZ, but I can't tell if the "normal" version or the "lite" version is superior/newer. It says that lite is a newer version, and faster, but I also don't want to lose any functionality. What do you recommend?

The Lite (https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-ii-for-daz-studio--lite-edition) is a reduced version of the normal (or complete) one (https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-ii-for-daz-studio). The speed of Fluidos II Lite is the same as the Fluidos II normal version, but both are faster than the original Fluidos for Daz Studio plugin (https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-for-daz-studio).

Thus the Fluidos II normal is the most complete version.

By the way, Fluidos II (all editions) is about to be updated to v2.2. This is a tutorial for a rocket https://youtu.be/wK3vZr5Ikmg.

• Alberto said:

I want to buy Fluidos II for DAZ, but I can't tell if the "normal" version or the "lite" version is superior/newer. It says that lite is a newer version, and faster, but I also don't want to lose any functionality. What do you recommend?

The Lite (https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-ii-for-daz-studio--lite-edition) is a reduced version of the normal (or complete) one (https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-ii-for-daz-studio). The speed of Fluidos II Lite is the same as the Fluidos II normal version, but both are faster than the original Fluidos for Daz Studio plugin (https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-for-daz-studio).

By the way, Fluidos II (all editions) is about to be updated to v2.2. This is a tutorial for a rocket https://youtu.be/wK3vZr5Ikmg.

Oh, good news! I've bought Fluidos II (full edition) but now, I'm trying to set it up and I just can't. I've tried both DazCentral and installing from within Daz Studio, on two different machines, but somehow it doesn't show up in Help -> About Installed Plugins. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Alberto said:

Oh, good news! I've bought Fluidos II (full edition) but now, I'm trying to set it up and I just can't. I've tried both DazCentral and installing from within Daz Studio, on two different machines, but somehow it doesn't show up in Help -> About Installed Plugins. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

It cannot be installed from within Daz Studio, only the contents (shaders and scenes), but Daz Central should install the plugin. If you can, try to install Fluidos II via the DIM.