Upper teeth Y axis change--not in proper position on load.

wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

On new characters, on old characters, on everything I've got, the upper teeth have all been morphed so that only the gum line shows in smiles.  I do not know what I did to cause this, and it has me baffeled.  Yes, I can adust Y on the upper teeth--which always shows at zero--but I shouldn't have to do this.   Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Bad smile.JPG
1240 x 1063 - 79K
Post edited by wsgentry on

Comments

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151
    edited October 2019

Someone mentioned that the character "Tarian HD" might be the cause. I have the teeth problem too and will uninstall Tarian HD. Hope that fixes it.

// Can confirm. Uninstalling Tarian HD fixed the issue on my side.

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on
  • // Can confirm. Uninstalling Tarian HD fixed the issue on my side.

Gawd.  Too funny.  Lost so many hours.  Uninstall Tarain HD fixed my issue too.

Had no idea that a character i installed but had not got around to using at present could bake its way into another completely unrelated character.  How is that even possible?  Means with every character you buy and download there could be something that changes the appearance of all your other characters.  Scary stuff when you invest so much time in getting face and expressions to match.  Mean really scary.  Am gonna send a Daz Help bug report.  They need to prevent this from ever happening again.

• PSA.
    There is a hiccup with Tarian HD.  Affects your other characters in a bad way.
    First please don't get me wrong.  Am not knocking the PA.  Own many of her products and enjoy her stuff alot.  Stuff happens.  Am just amazed & disturbed that it can happen like this.  Will be sending a bug report to DS.

Part 1:
    Basic summary:  even with this product just installed, and not in use at all, it still affects your character.
    Moves your upper teeth down and the tongue. Moves it lot so that expresions you had are way off.  
    Lost many hours dealing with this.  Thought i had done something wrong when i first saw issue.
    Today, just happened to have time, found that thread and a kind soul posted what they had heard and confirmed it worked.

I uninstalled and saw big change.  
    Reinstalled the product and there was issue again.

Original Link for issue discovery:
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/361661/upper-teeth-y-axis-change-not-in-proper-position-on-load#latest

Product links:
    https://www.daz3d.com/tarian-hd-for-genesis-3-and-8-female
    https://www.daz3d.com/tarian-bundle

Am posting this here cos not everyone goes into technical subforum. And it doesn't have Tarian in title either.

Part 2:

How common is this that an installed product can affect ALL your other characters?
    That means every time you install a character that it could create a change in all your characters?
    For something as detailed and time consuming as IRAY, that's a very substanial source of error.
    Am stunned this is possible that it can affect characters even though they have zero to do with new product other than sitting in same runtime.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I've only had this happen once with a character from Rendo, where all my characters ended up with elf ears.  This the first time it's happened to me with a Daz product.   Don't be stunned.  Faeces occur.  Just uninstall Tarian until the mouth has been fixed.

You can put in a ticket to be kept up to date; a few of us have already done that.  The issue should be addressed soon, and an update made available.  Lyoness is a good PA, and she'll probably get this sorted ASAP.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited October 2019

So where did this get discussed already?  I usually preview the thread titles and never saw this.

PS.  Thanks for letting me know support ticket already submitted on this issue.  Saves me time. 

Has anyone else had this happen before or is this freak incident?  Right now feels like i need to setup a control render and scene just to to be able to check once in a while if there are any subtle changes that creep in.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited October 2019

LOL, the 1st one I linked in OP, which is why I know this.

The second one I missed, which is where it was orginally discussed, and @CosmicFlux the OP figured it out.  Thanks for linking that.

Still feels appropriate making this a PSA in the more visited area of the commons.  Other thread titles don't provide name of issue product.  Personally I lost hours on this.  Just was bad timing & bad luck with how it happened so I did'nt twig that a new product install would cause this.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • Out of curiosity went through the install files.  Compared 2 of Lyoness' characters to Tarian for the FHM files using notepad ++.

>>  Tarian is missing teeth data.  File size is almost 25% smaller than the working ones.

Why this propagates to all unrelated characters is odd.  Should be contained and specific to that character. 

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited October 2019

Merged as there was another thread on the same topic and it makes more sense to keep the information together for those searching (especially since the original thread was linked to). The best way to get the issue resolved is through a support ticket so that Daz is aware of the problem since these forums are peer-to-peer.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

although I don't have this issue and cannot replicate it.  I worked with Daz Staff to create a fix.  I've submitted one and hopefully it will get to everyone soon.

Thanks for your purchases and support!!

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

Lyoness,

I'm sure you'll get it fixed.  You do good work.  I have a lot of your products, so I'm sure this is just a bump in the road.  Hang in there!

Scott

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610
    wsgentry said:

Lyoness,

I'm sure you'll get it fixed.  You do good work.  I have a lot of your products, so I'm sure this is just a bump in the road.  Hang in there!

Scott

thank you for your kind words

• Hi Lyoness, Thanks for taking the time to update us.
    Am still pretty new around here compared to many, but based on your fun and high-quality promos (and your extra attention to duf layouts & options) was pretty confident you would look after us and get it sorted out!
    Look forward to seeing Tarian in my renders. smiley