Sudden Dental Issues

Hi there,

I am trying to track down what might be causing a sudden and seemingly painful dental issue some of my characters are experiencing when I add them to a scene.  I am fairly confident the problem is something I have installed since a fresh install on my laptop using the same character doesn't have the problem.  The teeth on some, but not all, characters are sticking out through the face.  Has anyone else encountered this and might have an idea where I could start looking for the troublemaker?

I will likely start uninstalling content I've recently installed to see if I can isolate a recent addition that might be the cause.  My dread is that I've been mixing installs between here and the other site, so it's not going to be a fun bit of troubleshooting.

Thanks!

DentalProblems.jpg
691 x 718 - 166K

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

I have seen that on a single character. Haven't done any further research.

• I've seen it so far on BD Aven and BJ Sina.  

I'm not sure if a morph overwrote another morph somewhere or some morph is being loaded that I'm just not seeing.  It's times like this when I really do wish I understood the mechanics of Daz Studio better.  So often, it feels like throwing pasta against a wall too see what renders nicely.

• I think I found it.  I uninstalled all of my recent installs, and the problem with the teeth vanished.  I started putting them back one by one.  After installing Tarian HD for Genesis 3 and 8 Female, the problem is back.

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

Sounds like you should put in a ticket.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

So much for the lack of Hallowe'en content! 

Sina's trademark smile is kind of scary now.  Same with Sahel.  I tried it with Hagred, and I was disappointed that her custom choppers weren't affected the same way.

Clipboard02.jpg
    1286 x 915 - 94K
  • A ticket has been submitted. Hopefully soon there will be no more runaway dentures.

• A ticket has been submitted. Hopefully soon there will be no more runaway dentures.

I have experienced this with one of my characters (forgot which). But this is fairly easy to fix, just grab the Universal Selector tool, select the teeth and modify the Translate Y parameter in the Parameters tab. Fiddle with it for a couple of seconds, you should find the perfect spot :)

I have experienced this with one of my characters (forgot which). But this is fairly easy to fix, just grab the Universal Selector tool, select the teeth and modify the Translate Y parameter in the Parameters tab. Fiddle with it for a couple of seconds, you should find the perfect spot :)

Thank you for the temporary fix, but I really don't want to have to do this every time I load a new character.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,152
    edited October 2019

Thanks for this. Also got the teeth problem on some characters. And also have purchased and installed Tarian HD. Will uninstall and see if this fixes the problem.

// Can confirm, uninstalling Tarian HD fixed the issue. Hope the character is updated soon.

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on

Then your only choice is to uninstall Tarian HD until the character gets repaired. 

A ticket has been submitted. Hopefully soon there will be no more runaway dentures.

Thank you for the temporary fix, but I really don't want to have to do this every time I load a new character.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610
    edited October 2019
    fastbike1 said:

Then your only choice is to uninstall Tarian HD until the character gets repaired. 

A ticket has been submitted. Hopefully soon there will be no more runaway dentures.

I saw this and have already submited a fix to daz.  Hopefully it will fix all the issues related to Tarian and will be out soon.

Thank you for your purchases and support

Post edited by Lyoness on
  • RakkerRakker Posts: 37

Downloaded Tarian again and the teeth problem is solved. :)

Thanks.

• Rakker said:

Downloaded Tarian again and the teeth problem is solved. :)

Thanks.

That's nice to know.  Looking under product description was never even listed as a product issue, nor now as a resolved one.

So someone like me who had to uninstall it, wouldn't even know it's OK now to DL.

Not really great transparency by DAZ, the publisher of this product, on this particular issue.  But they are probably still crazy busy.  Thank goodness DAZ has these forums, and guess we better read them to stay on top of developments.

• Lyoness said:
    fastbike1 said:

I saw this and have already submited a fix to daz.  Hopefully it will fix all the issues related to Tarian and will be out soon.

Any updates regarding the release of the Tarian fix? Readme-Page does not state any fixes yet.

• Lyoness said:
    fastbike1 said:

Any updates regarding the release of the Tarian fix? Readme-Page does not state any fixes yet.

Have you checked DIM/Connect? I had an update, but have had so little tiem for playing that I don't know if it was that update.

@Saxa -- SD

If you use DIM, it will show up as updated.

• Does it? As it broke other figures, I uninstalled. And therefore I guess it only showes up with the other products not downloaded/installed. I guess updates are only shown for files already installed? So I checked the product page but that did not mention anything.