[Released] RSSY Cross Gender Clothes for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

Comments

• JOdel said:

So just re-download from our product library?

Yup.  

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i regularly run into a bit of a hiccup with the script--at least the g8m to g8f version.

the script rejects items that are in a subfolder of a directory with a name like 'Clothing - G3F Converted' because 'Clothing' is not found in the path. 

the workaround is easy enough--just pop those subfolders into another subfolder named 'Clothing', and the script works like a charm.

it'd be nice not to have to do that every time i convert a clothing item from g3m to g8f, and then convert it to g8f, though.  it's be a blessing if you'd consider revisiting that parameter (or string) a little bit. 

just a thought.  thanks!

i really am enjoying y'all's converter series.  almost too much.  what with all of the older-gen sales daz has been having lately, i've been spending so much time converting clothing and characters that i haven't gotten around to actually rendering in a week.  :)

j

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,373
    edited December 2019
    jardine said:

i regularly run into a bit of a hiccup with the script--at least the g8m to g8f version.

the script rejects items that are in a subfolder of a directory with a name like 'Clothing - G3F Converted' because 'Clothing' is not found in the path. 

the workaround is easy enough--just pop those subfolders into another subfolder named 'Clothing', and the script works like a charm.

it'd be nice not to have to do that every time i convert a clothing item from g3m to g8f, and then convert it to g8f, though.  it's be a blessing if you'd consider revisiting that parameter (or string) a little bit. 

just a thought.  thanks!

i really am enjoying y'all's converter series.  almost too much.  what with all of the older-gen sales daz has been having lately, i've been spending so much time converting clothing and characters that i haven't gotten around to actually rendering in a week.  :)

j

I agree.  It is a good idea.  I wish I had done it from the beginning.  sad

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Will we get a Cross Gender for hair products as well?

Let me talk to my partner, but I would think so. smiley

Let me talk to my partner, but I would think so. smiley

Woohoo!! Thanks.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Any chance of a Cross Gender Morph Transfer for Genesis 8 as well? :)

edited March 2020
    dkgoose said:

Any chance of a Cross Gender Morph Transfer for Genesis 8 as well? :)

Probably not.  The current procedure for converting probably wouldn't work too well for this, which would require lots of trial and error work that might not give me anything.  And then, I don't think there is a big market for this justifying all the work.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

that makes sense

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

I am experiencing a small problem.  The actual clothing I wish to convert, appears to be converting from M to F without an issue.  However the associated buttons for the outfit are missing.  The outfit is JumpSuitz by DZ.  Any suggestions?

gitika1 said:

I am experiencing a small problem.  The actual clothing I wish to convert, appears to be converting from M to F without an issue.  However the associated buttons for the outfit are missing.  The outfit is JumpSuitz by DZ.  Any suggestions?

They are probably separate items and being stripped.  If you can save the buttons by themselves as a preset, you could then try to convert that.

• I'm having difficulty getting a recent purchase to convert. It's the Draconic Headdress from Elaborate Jewelry Vol. 2. I know that the Elaborate Jewelry Vol. 1 product had a lot of things tucked away in the Props folder, but Vol. 2 has everything under People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing(/Parallax/Parallax Jewelry Vol 2).

I'm following the user manual as best I can, but have had no luck and couldn't find a solution under the troubleshooting section. I have the script set to use the bodysuit conformer since it's the only thing that includes the head. The script lists the Draconic Headdress' type as "Follower/Accessory/Head." However, every time I try to convert the item, I get a response from the script that says "Execution Successful. Execution completed in [X] seconds on 0 clothing items."

I've tried using regular conversion and forced conversion.

Any help would be appreciated. Is it because it's a Follower/Accessory/Head type instead of Follower/Accessory (the only accessory type listed under the Conformers tab)? Do I need to add a conversion, and if so, how? Is this just an accessory that the converter can't handle for some reason? Do I need to wait for a theoretical version of the Props & Poses Converters that will handle cross-gender prop and accessory conversions within Genesis 8, instead of single gender between 3 and 8? (I don't know if something like that is even being planned, I just know that I'd buy it in a second if it meant that I could convert things like this product.)

I'm really at a loss, especially because I think this is the only product that can handle an accessory across figure sexes at all. I can't even autofit the headdress because it crashes DS when I try, and position/parent doesn't work because it looks bad on G8M when it still has G8F's bulbous forehead.

I'm having difficulty getting a recent purchase to convert. It's the Draconic Headdress from Elaborate Jewelry Vol. 2. I know that the Elaborate Jewelry Vol. 1 product had a lot of things tucked away in the Props folder, but Vol. 2 has everything under People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing(/Parallax/Parallax Jewelry Vol 2).

I'm following the user manual as best I can, but have had no luck and couldn't find a solution under the troubleshooting section. I have the script set to use the bodysuit conformer since it's the only thing that includes the head. The script lists the Draconic Headdress' type as "Follower/Accessory/Head." However, every time I try to convert the item, I get a response from the script that says "Execution Successful. Execution completed in [X] seconds on 0 clothing items."

Any help would be appreciated. Is it because it's a Follower/Accessory/Head type instead of Follower/Accessory (the only accessory type listed under the Conformers tab)? Do I need to add a conversion, and if so, how? Is this just an accessory that the converter can't handle for some reason? Do I need to wait for a theoretical version of the Props & Poses Converters that will handle cross-gender prop and accessory conversions within Genesis 8, instead of single gender between 3 and 8? (I don't know if something like that is even being planned, I just know that I'd buy it in a second if it meant that I could convert things like this product.)

I'm really at a loss, especially because I think this is the only product that can handle an accessory across figure sexes at all. I can't even autofit the headdress because it crashes DS when I try, and position/parent doesn't work because it looks bad on G8M when it still has G8F's bulbous forehead.

Can you post the Daz log of the conversion please?  That will tell me what is going on.

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited August 2020

I'm having difficulty getting a recent purchase to convert. It's the Dragonic Headdress from Elaborate Jewelry Vol. 2. I know that the Elaborate Jewelry Vol. 1 product had a lot of things tucked away in the Props folder, but Vol. 2 has everything under People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing(/Parallax/Parallax Jewelry Vol 2).

I'm following the user manual as best I can, but have had no luck and couldn't find a solution under the troubleshooting section. I have the script set to use the bodysuit conformer since it's the only thing that includes the head. The script lists the Dragonic Headdress' type as "Follower/Accessory/Head." However, every time I try to convert the item, I get a response from the script that says "Execution Successful. Execution completed in [X] seconds on 0 clothing items."

Can you post the Daz log of the conversion please?  That will tell me what is going on.

Yes, of course! Sorry, in my head I had already done that. Evidently I got distracted, then hit "post" and wandered away from the computer. It was over 400 lines long, so here's a Paste of it: https://pastebin.com/u8JknPCY

I did notice that it flagged the item's generation and gender as being false, even though they're marketed for G8F and installed to her folder, and it occurred to me that I might want to check the Scene Identification on the Dragonic Crown. I really should have done that before, because under "Preferred Base" it says "None." In fact, all of the items in that set have a preferred base of "None." It seems like it would explain the flagging, and also why the set doesn't show up in Smart Content when G8F is selected: it's not identified as belonging to her. The script worked flawlessly on a necklace I tried from Fisty and Darc's Bali set, which had a preferred base of G8F. 

Edit: Aaaaand we have a winner. I changed the preferred base and permanently modified the asset, and then tried converting again. It took a VERY long time and nearly crashed DS in the process (it was like watching autofit crash and burn for a second, at the same step and place which suggests it's an asset issue), plus it stripped out all of the individual elements of the headdress. I've got surfaces, but no ability to pose any of the individual components. However, I may be able to work around that by using the converted facepiece and strap, and then loading a second, unconverted headdress for everything else. It did actually complete a successful conversion this time.

It'll need a bit of adjustment with Mesh Grabber to try and deal with some buckling where the nose and brows meet, but I'll certainly take "two headdresses and a bit of adjustment" over what I started with! Sorry to waste your time on this, the converter wasn't the issue at all. It was something that slipped past QA in the product I was trying to convert, and I didn't think to look for it from the start. I'll put in a support ticket for it.

no an even bigger bird.png
    879 x 843 - 581K
    Post edited by Cora Regina on

I'm having difficulty getting a recent purchase to convert. It's the Dragonic Headdress from Elaborate Jewelry Vol. 2. I know that the Elaborate Jewelry Vol. 1 product had a lot of things tucked away in the Props folder, but Vol. 2 has everything under People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing(/Parallax/Parallax Jewelry Vol 2).

I'm following the user manual as best I can, but have had no luck and couldn't find a solution under the troubleshooting section. I have the script set to use the bodysuit conformer since it's the only thing that includes the head. The script lists the Dragonic Headdress' type as "Follower/Accessory/Head." However, every time I try to convert the item, I get a response from the script that says "Execution Successful. Execution completed in [X] seconds on 0 clothing items."

Yes, of course! Sorry, in my head I had already done that. Evidently I got distracted, then hit "post" and wandered away from the computer. It was over 400 lines long, so here's a Paste of it: https://pastebin.com/u8JknPCY

I did notice that it flagged the item's generation and gender as being false, even though they're marketed for G8F and installed to her folder, and it occurred to me that I might want to check the Scene Identification on the Dragonic Crown. I really should have done that before, because under "Preferred Base" it says "None." In fact, all of the items in that set have a preferred base of "None." It seems like it would explain the flagging, and also why the set doesn't show up in Smart Content when G8F is selected: it's not identified as belonging to her. The script worked flawlessly on a necklace I tried from Fisty and Darc's Bali set, which had a preferred base of G8F. 

Edit: Aaaaand we have a winner. I changed the preferred base and permanently modified the asset, and then tried converting again. It took a VERY long time and nearly crashed DS in the process (it was like watching autofit crash and burn for a second, at the same step and place which suggests it's an asset issue), plus it stripped out all of the individual elements of the headdress. I've got surfaces, but no ability to pose any of the individual components. However, I may be able to work around that by using the converted facepiece and strap, and then loading a second, unconverted headdress for everything else. It did actually complete a successful conversion this time.

It'll need a bit of adjustment with Mesh Grabber to try and deal with some buckling where the nose and brows meet, but I'll certainly take "two headdresses and a bit of adjustment" over what I started with! Sorry to waste your time on this, the converter wasn't the issue at all. It was something that slipped past QA in the product I was trying to convert, and I didn't think to look for it from the start. I'll put in a support ticket for it.

I am very happy you figured it out!  smiley  That turned out really well.  Thank you for posting a picture.

• Sadly, I can't get this product to work at all. It either errors, telling me that no clothing file is found, or "completes" a conversion of 0 clothing items in one second. I'm immensely frustrated since pouring over the support doc has provided no solution.

• RenderPretender said:

Sadly, I can't get this product to work at all. It either errors, telling me that no clothing file is found, or "completes" a conversion of 0 clothing items in one second. I'm immensely frustrated since pouring over the support doc has provided no solution.

You have selected (highlighted) checked items and clicked Force Convert?  If so, please post a log.

• RenderPretender said:

Sadly, I can't get this product to work at all. It either errors, telling me that no clothing file is found, or "completes" a conversion of 0 clothing items in one second. I'm immensely frustrated since pouring over the support doc has provided no solution.

You have selected (highlighted) checked items and clicked Force Convert?  If so, please post a log.

• RiverSoftArt said:

RenderPretender said:

In most cases, I cant even get it to add anything to the list. But why would I hit Force Convert if I could?

• RenderPretender said:

RiverSoftArt said:

RenderPretender said:

In most cases, I cant even get it to add anything to the list. But why would I hit Force Convert if I could?

If the metadata is bad in your DS Content Management, the regular convert skips the item.  Force Convert says "I know this is the right type of item and please try anyway"

• RenderPretender said:

RiverSoftArt said:

RenderPretender said:

If you are having problems adding items, try turning off Check Content Type and use the Add Item (not Add Dir) to add an item that you know is the right kind of clothing.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited January 2021

RiverSoftArt said:

RenderPretender said:

RiverSoftArt said:

RenderPretender said:

If you are having problems adding items, try turning off Check Content Type and use the Add Item (not Add Dir) to add an item that you know is the right kind of clothing.

I'll try that. So far, I have gotten it to work with a few things by adding directories. For some reason, I sometimes  can't see the actual clothing item in the folder I know it's in in File Explorer. And I'm not sure  how the script identifies a "clothing file". In one instance, the vendor has apparently saved his clothing items as scene subsets, which may be the issue in terms of those items. Also, I'm trying to convert Helen Heels by Aaryn, I'm getting the 0 clothing items in 0 seconds error.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited January 2021

Also, the converted clothing morphs no longer work. What would be the point of the conversion, then?

Edit: Strike that. I may have accidentally tried to convert a G3F item. The conversion worked, but the morphs appear to have been lost. Not sure if that's expected behavior.

Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • RenderPretender said:

Also, the converted clothing morphs no longer work. What would be the point of the conversion, then?

Edit: Strike that. I may have accidentally tried to convert a G3F item. The conversion worked, but the morphs appear to have been lost. Not sure if that's expected behavior.

No, the morphs should still be there. As far as converting a previously converted item (from G3 to G8), this is from the manual:
    "The Allow Legacy Clothing Conversion option controls whether the script should convert clothing previously converted from earlier generations (Genesis 2 and below) to Genesis 8 using one of the RSSY Clothing Converter products. By default, this option is off as converting an already-converted item creates a risk of distortion and poor fit due to overlapping conversion morphs. It is not recommended to turn this option on. "

• RiverSoftArt said:

RenderPretender said:

No, the morphs should still be there. As far as converting a previously converted item (from G3 to G8), this is from the manual:
    "The Allow Legacy Clothing Conversion option controls whether the script should convert clothing previously converted from earlier generations (Genesis 2 and below) to Genesis 8 using one of the RSSY Clothing Converter products. By default, this option is off as converting an already-converted item creates a risk of distortion and poor fit due to overlapping conversion morphs. It is not recommended to turn this option on. "

That may explain it then. Thank you.

• Trying to convert the Fashion Chic outfit. For whatever reason, though the skirt is in the queue, it keeps throwing the "conversion completed in 1 second for 0 clothing items at me. I've tried everything and can't get it to convert.

• RenderPretender said:

Trying to convert the Fashion Chic outfit. For whatever reason, though the skirt is in the queue, it keeps throwing the "conversion completed in 1 second for 0 clothing items at me. I've tried everything and can't get it to convert.

Could you post the log?

• I am having an issue converting certain items from Female to male like headware and some accessorys 

16:44:06 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): 12C LibraF Helmet (Prop) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

16:44:06 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Execution Complete.

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Adding DirectoryF:--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING "Preset/Materials/Hierarchical/MDL" file: F:--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/Materials/12C LibraF Amethyst.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING "Preset/Materials/Hierarchical/MDL" file: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/Materials/12C LibraF Gold.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING "Preset/Materials/Hierarchical/MDL" file: F:--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/Materials/12C LibraF Silver.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING "Preset/Pose/Hierarchical" file: F:/--My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/Poses/12C LibraF Feet Pose.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING "Preset/Wearables" file: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF !Suit.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Arm Guards.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Adding "Follower/Accessory/Waist" file: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Belt.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Body Armor.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Bodysuit.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:/3d/DazLib/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Bracers.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Greaves.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Headwear" file: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Helmet.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Adding "Follower/Accessory/Arm/Left/Upper" file: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF LShoulder Armor.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Adding "Follower/Accessory/Arm/Right/Upper" file: F:/---/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF RShoulder Armor.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:/3--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Thigh Plates.duf

• dustinmeyer1234 said:

I am having an issue converting certain items from Female to male like headware and some accessorys 

16:44:06 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): 12C LibraF Helmet (Prop) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

16:44:06 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Execution Complete.

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Adding DirectoryF:--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING "Preset/Materials/Hierarchical/MDL" file: F:--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/Materials/12C LibraF Amethyst.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING "Preset/Materials/Hierarchical/MDL" file: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/Materials/12C LibraF Gold.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING "Preset/Materials/Hierarchical/MDL" file: F:--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/Materials/12C LibraF Silver.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING "Preset/Pose/Hierarchical" file: F:/--My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/Poses/12C LibraF Feet Pose.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING "Preset/Wearables" file: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF !Suit.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Arm Guards.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Adding "Follower/Accessory/Waist" file: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Belt.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Body Armor.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Bodysuit.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:/3d/DazLib/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Bracers.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Greaves.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Headwear" file: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Helmet.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Adding "Follower/Accessory/Arm/Left/Upper" file: F:/--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF LShoulder Armor.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): Adding "Follower/Accessory/Arm/Right/Upper" file: F:/---/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF RShoulder Armor.duf

16:45:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time): SKIPPING, Daz Version already exists: F:/3--/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/12 Constellations/LibraF/12C LibraF Thigh Plates.duf

Have you tried selecting the Helmet in the list and clicking "Force Convert Item(s)"?

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374

I own just about every conversion script you two make for G8, but the one I REALLY want is one to convert G8 Female hair to the men. Long hair for guys is often dubious. The women's hair generally looks much better.