[Released] RSSY Cross Gender Clothes for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371
edited October 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Expand your Genesis 8 Male clothing library using the massive Genesis 8 Female product library.  Let your Genesis 8 Female wear practical, no nonsense clothes from your Genesis 8 Male library.  The new Cross Gender Clothes for Genesis 8 Fallows you to share your entire Genesis 8 clothing collection with any Genesis 8 character, regardless of the gender!  Convert almost your entire wardrobe of clothes and many accessories from male to female, and female to male, using the new Cross Gender Clothes for Genesis 8!  The Cross Gender Clothes scripts provide batch execution for automatically converting your Genesis 8 clothing to be used by the opposite gender.  Easily select the wardrobe items in your library, select an output directory, and execute the script.  Even better, icons and categories are copied from your original Genesis 8 clothing to the cross-gendered Genesis 8 clothing items. 

Your new Genesis 8 cross gender wardrobe is completely Smart Content aware!  They will show up when you select a Genesis 8 Female or Genesis 8 Male.  Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your original Genesis 8 item will show for your converted Genesis 8 item.  Converted clothing, instead of using Auto-Fit, produces vastly less distorted results. 

The Cross Gender Clothes script does not work with props (e.g., swords, wands, etc) and wearables (e.g., outfits). Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content.  They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button.  It may also not work as well with high-heeled shoes because of problems with positioning the feet without turning on the Use Foot Dialog option during conversion.

The script may not be able to convert all clothing items without issues.  Converted items may exhibit poke through.  Usually, this can be fixed by adding a smoothing modifier.

Features

• Share your entire Genesis 8 clothing collection with any Genesis 8 character, regardless of the gender
  • Convert almost your entire wardrobe of clothes and many accessories from male to female, and female to male. 
  • Convert Dresses, Pants, Shirts, Skirts, Shoes, etc.  Converted clothing, instead of using Auto-Fit, produces vastly less distorted results. 
  • Convert Accessories: Hats, Belts, Glasses, Jewelry, etc.
  • Copies icons for your converted clothing for a professional look
  • Converted Clothing is Smart Content enabled!  All materials shown in Smart Content for your original Genesis 8 item will show for your converted cross-gendered Genesis 8 item.
  • Automatically convert almost your entire wardrobe with one operation!

NOTE THAT THE CROSS GENDER CLOTHES PRODUCT WILL **NOT** WORK ON CLOTHING THAT HAS BEEN CONVERTED TO GENESIS 8 USING ONE OF THE CLOTHING CONVERTER PRODUCTS.

rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 262K
rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-pop01.jpg
1500 x 1479 - 577K
rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-pop02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-pop03.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-pop04.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 520K
rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-pop05.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-pop06.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 567K
rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-pop07.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 2M
rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-pop08.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-pop09.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 455K
rssycrossgendergenesis8-daz3d-pop10.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

This I may well succumb to. As if I hadn't already succumbed to the others.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Oh, yes. Should be very useful if there's something that you use a lot. Makes sense to convert it once and not have to tweak the autortfit every time you use it.

And the girls in armor can now have boots without stilletto heels. Woo-hoo.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

In principle, I welcome cross gender products, but what an advantage this script brings me over this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-cross-figure-resource-kit

Apart from batch progressing?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    gerster said:

In principle, I welcome cross gender products, but what an advantage this script brings me over this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-cross-figure-resource-kit

Apart from batch progressing?

Hi, Riversoft's partner chiming in here, as the expert on our conformers.  ;)  Cross-Figure uses a specific morph that's basically identical to the G8 clones.  Our morphs are slightly different for improved fit and less distortion on chest-covering items.  And, while Cross-Figure has the advantage of keeping all original rigging (ours replaces it with our own dress, cape, loincloth etc. rigs), it has the disadvantage of never fitting quite right in the chest and shoulders and parts of the hip/groin region because it cannot change weight mapping to fit the opposite sex when clothing is conformed, only bone structure.  Ours also causes less triangulation in the crotch area on skirts.

I would use Cross-Figure when wishing to convert one tight-fitting non-breast-covering item for a single scene, like maybe underwear or swimwear, or when keeping the rig is super important, like on mer tails and other such culling non-geografts or on items with very drapey sleeves.

• Hi, Riversoft's partner chiming in here, as the expert on our conformers.  ;)  Cross-Figure uses a specific morph that's basically identical to the G8 clones.  Our morphs are slightly different for improved fit and less distortion on chest-covering items.  And, while Cross-Figure has the advantage of keeping all original rigging (ours replaces it with our own dress, cape, loincloth etc. rigs), it has the disadvantage of never fitting quite right in the chest and shoulders and parts of the hip/groin region because it cannot change weight mapping to fit the opposite sex when clothing is conformed, only bone structure.  Ours also causes less triangulation in the crotch area on skirts.

I would use Cross-Figure when wishing to convert one tight-fitting non-breast-covering item for a single scene, like maybe underwear or swimwear, or when keeping the rig is super important, like on mer tails and other such culling non-geografts or on items with very drapey sleeves.

This will be a day one buy from me just for the potential to have ladies wear actual armor and not be stuck prancing around the wilds in six-inch heels.

I would like to ask, are we going to see hard items like armor saran-wrapping themselves to female breasts? That has been one of my big concerns with Cross-Figure and you specifically mention not using that product for breast-covering items. I'd like my ladies to be able to wear male armor sets so that they can have proper breastplates, not be condemned to a life of boob cups and prominently formed breast mounds that are pretty much death magnets in actual combat (but at least you'll look sexy when you go).

However, I can understand why fitting rigid materials might be a lot more complex. If I use body morphs on my G8 ladies to create the right underlying shape (e.g. a flat chest, petite, or squish morph), will this product allow them to have smoothly, shallowly curving breastplates that have roughly the same shape as they would on G8 men? Basically simulating how breasts will shift to fit inside armor in the real world.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

Hi, Riversoft's partner chiming in here, as the expert on our conformers.  ;)  Cross-Figure uses a specific morph that's basically identical to the G8 clones.  Our morphs are slightly different for improved fit and less distortion on chest-covering items.  And, while Cross-Figure has the advantage of keeping all original rigging (ours replaces it with our own dress, cape, loincloth etc. rigs), it has the disadvantage of never fitting quite right in the chest and shoulders and parts of the hip/groin region because it cannot change weight mapping to fit the opposite sex when clothing is conformed, only bone structure.  Ours also causes less triangulation in the crotch area on skirts.

This will be a day one buy from me just for the potential to have ladies wear actual armor and not be stuck prancing around the wilds in six-inch heels.

I would like to ask, are we going to see hard items like armor saran-wrapping themselves to female breasts? That has been one of my big concerns with Cross-Figure and you specifically mention not using that product for breast-covering items. I'd like my ladies to be able to wear male armor sets so that they can have proper breastplates, not be condemned to a life of boob cups and prominently formed breast mounds that are pretty much death magnets in actual combat (but at least you'll look sexy when you go).

However, I can understand why fitting rigid materials might be a lot more complex. If I use body morphs on my G8 ladies to create the right underlying shape (e.g. a flat chest, petite, or squish morph), will this product allow them to have smoothly, shallowly curving breastplates that have roughly the same shape as they would on G8 men? Basically simulating how breasts will shift to fit inside armor in the real world.

This is my wish as well. I do have Cross-Figure and it works with some stuff...but then some other stuff not so much. So far my way around it has been to use the "breast-b-gone" type morphs when putting them behind hard plate and that helps to smooth things out. In reality, the girls would be smooshed inside the breastplate anyways...if we're talking about actual plate and not boob plate, haha. 

• jash147 said:

This I may well succumb to. As if I hadn't already succumbed to the others.

LOL.  Thank you for all your support.

• JOdel said:

Oh, yes. Should be very useful if there's something that you use a lot. Makes sense to convert it once and not have to tweak the autortfit every time you use it.

And the girls in armor can now have boots without stilletto heels. Woo-hoo.

Thanks.  I don't know what the Genesis 8 females are going to do if they can actually walk laugh

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2019

A generalized rigid shaping is too hard.  The converted clothes are fitting themselves to the shape.  If you shape the breasts, you can get something that looks good I think.

Genesis 8 Female in Knight Champion Armor

Voluptuous Genesis 8 Female in Knight Champion Armor

Voluptuous Genesis 8 Female, with Breasts Gone 100%, in Knight Champion Armor

Knight Champion.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Knight Champion Voluptuous.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Knight Champion Voluptuous Breasts Gone.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited October 2019

A generalized rigid shaping is too hard.  The converted clothes are fitting themselves to the shape.  If you shape the breasts, you can get something that looks good I think.

Thanks for the reply! The pictures are encouraging, especially the last one. I'll give it a go using flat chest morphs and stacking them with other stuff if I need to. I think if I stick to spinning bodies that minimize the chest as much as possible, the results should be good. Maybe not perfect, but certainly very nice and light years ahead of the vast majority of the pretty but impractical outfits currently available.

I'm sold! Can't wait to see it hit the store.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited October 2019

Thanks for the reply! The pictures are encouraging, especially the last one. I'll give it a go using flat chest morphs and stacking them with other stuff if I need to. I think if I stick to spinning bodies that minimize the chest as much as possible, the results should be good. Maybe not perfect, but certainly very nice and light years ahead of the vast majority of the pretty but impractical outfits currently available.

I'm sold! Can't wait to see it hit the store.

I am glad you like the pics.  I am excited for when this is released.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

:starts pinching pennies: Yes! The perfect partner for Cross-Figure. Now my guys can wear properly fitting skimpwear and my girls -- when I actually get around to rendering anything with girls in it -- can walk. Oh Happy Day!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Dudes... can you guys just start a subscription plan so I don't have to worry about missing one of these? 

• Byrdie said:

:starts pinching pennies: Yes! The perfect partner for Cross-Figure. Now my guys can wear properly fitting skimpwear and my girls -- when I actually get around to rendering anything with girls in it -- can walk. Oh Happy Day!

I am glad you like it! smiley

• Cybersox said:

Dudes... can you guys just start a subscription plan so I don't have to worry about missing one of these? 

LOL.  

It finally occurs to me to ask; how does this handle items that have already been converted once?

I ask because I just had the annoying experience of autofitting a G8M coat onto G8F -- which appeared to work acceptably at the time I did it -- saving the scene, and having the coat explode when the saved scene was merged into another one.

A cross-gender conversion script should have been able to fix that. But what about trying, say, to get a G2M or G3M coat onto G8F. The existing conversion scripts are geneder specific. Once we get past G1 the conversions go strictly male to male, female to female. That will cover a good 85% of what anyone is going to ask of them. But there are a lot of people who will eventually want to put something for a G2 or 3 male, on a G8 (or 3) female, or vice versa.

Or is it already possible to run the original script on a cross-gender item (often something like a coat, or shoes) from a different generation, with the opposite gender as a target.

edited October 2019
    JOdel said:

It finally occurs to me to ask; how does this handle items that have already been converted once?

I ask because I just had the annoying experience of autofitting a G8M coat onto G8F -- which appeared to work acceptably at the time I did it -- saving the scene, and having the coat explode when the saved scene was merged into another one.

A cross-gender conversion script should have been able to fix that. But what about trying, say, to get a G2M or G3M coat onto G8F. The existing conversion scripts are geneder specific. Once we get past G1 the conversions go strictly male to male, female to female. That will cover a good 85% of what anyone is going to ask of them. But there are a lot of people who will eventually want to put something for a G2 or 3 male, on a G8 (or 3) female, or vice versa.

Or is it already possible to run the original script on a cross-gender item (often something like a coat, or shoes) from a different generation, with the opposite gender as a target.

According to Sickleyield, this process would show issues if you tried to cross gender an already converted clothing item, "with already-converted items we're looking at an overlap of two conversion morphs, for an increase of probable distortion and a worsening of fit."  Because of this, the cross gender script specificially detects already converted clothing items and will not run on them.  

• But can you force convert them if you want to? I mean, I am all right with the results not being ideal when compounding transfers and having to fix some things, but not having the option at all is a bit annoying.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

You do realize, of course, that the release of this product is going to result in an entire thread mostly filled with male characters in frilly undergarments?  Monty Python would be so happy.

Though, that does beget the question - will this product be able to convert a cute little set of pumps or slingbacks to G8M proportions? 

edited October 2019

And a slew of people begging for more scripts to convert cross-gender and cross-generation.

I was very annoyed when DAZ went back to gender-specific bases with G2. An androgynos base is *useful*.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    edited October 2019
    JOdel said:

And a slew of people begging for more scripts to convert cross-gender and cross-generation.

I was very annoyed when DAZ went back to gender-specific bases with G2. An androgynos base is *useful*.

+1 for a androgyn G9 

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Not to get too off-topic, but the problem I saw with the androgynos Genesis model was that male and female centers of gravity are different. Also, you ended up with geometry for each in certain parts of the body that weren't needed for the other gender.

Being able to crossdress my characters could be really useful though. Probably more for getting the practical male clothes to look good on my females than skimpy clothes on my guys, but that's just me. To each their own. :)

Looking forward to this converter being able to expand both wardrobes!

• Uthgard said:

But can you force convert them if you want to? I mean, I am all right with the results not being ideal when compounding transfers and having to fix some things, but not having the option at all is a bit annoying.

Right now, no.  If the script detects the converter morph, it will skip that item.  This was to prevent having lots of people complaining about the results.  That said, I am open to making it an option if that is what people want.

edited October 2019
    Cybersox said:

You do realize, of course, that the release of this product is going to result in an entire thread mostly filled with male characters in frilly undergarments?  Monty Python would be so happy.

Though, that does beget the question - will this product be able to convert a cute little set of pumps or slingbacks to G8M proportions? 

Probably laugh  And yes, it should be able to!  (Doing the main promo made me chuckle the whole time I was working on it)

• JOdel said:

gerster said:
    JOdel said:

+1 for a androgyn G9 

JonnyRay said:

Not to get too off-topic, but the problem I saw with the androgynos Genesis model was that male and female centers of gravity are different. Also, you ended up with geometry for each in certain parts of the body that weren't needed for the other gender.

Being able to crossdress my characters could be really useful though. Probably more for getting the practical male clothes to look good on my females than skimpy clothes on my guys, but that's just me. To each their own. :)

Looking forward to this converter being able to expand both wardrobes!

LOL, the thread has been hijacked! laugh

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    Uthgard said:

But can you force convert them if you want to? I mean, I am all right with the results not being ideal when compounding transfers and having to fix some things, but not having the option at all is a bit annoying.

Right now, no.  If the script detects the converter morph, it will skip that item.  This was to prevent having lots of people complaining about the results.  That said, I am open to making it an option if that is what people want.

HAHHAAAAHHHAAA " This was to prevent having lots of people complaining about the results." You so silly!!

edited October 2019
    carrie58 said:
    Uthgard said:

HAHHAAAAHHHAAA " This was to prevent having lots of people complaining about the results." You so silly!!

LOL.  laugh  (I had this dream of a forum thread... filled with clouds and cotton candy, where every comment was how great the product was and how it works flawlessly, always, for everything, and forever! laugh)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    carrie58 said:
    Uthgard said:

LOL.  laugh  (I had this dream of a forum thread... filled with clouds and cotton candy, where every comment was how great the product was and how it works flawlessly, always, for everything, and forever! laugh)

OMG!!! ROTFLMAO !!  Now you just delusional

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

I think someone better call an ambulance.

• jash147 said:

I think someone better call an ambulance.

Oh, thank you!  You got me a white coat.  What?  You want me to try it on now?... laugh