Kitbash 3d

2»

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538

Can someone recommend a shader for the windows that prevents you from seeing into the building but still looks realistic? Most of these models are exteriors with big hollow interiors/

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited July 2021

pwiecek said:

Can someone recommend a shader for the windows that prevents you from seeing into the building but still looks realistic? Most of these models are exteriors with big hollow interiors/

Hello!

I use a standard Iray glass shader (my favorites are from the KA Glassworks, they have nicer realistic surface options) and make sure that it is set to "Thinwalled = On". In order to prevent the "see-through" effect that comes with the empty shells, I plop appropriately scaled cube primitives with a dark gray/black matte shader inside. For modern style/scifi buildijngs I also oftern use mirror shaders for the glass.

Here is an example with one of the Victorian blocks.

Ciao

TD

Victoria Block C.png
    2000 x 1400 - 3M
    Post edited by thd777 on
  • Martyrdog said:

I'm going to have to bookmark this page, especifically for that Valhalla one.. I've yet to manage to get the funds together to purchase that (or any from Kitbash) but they have a lot of products that I'm interested in, especially Valhalla. I'm really glad to see someone post something to do with Kitbash 3d on here as I couldn't get my head around how to do even do so. For than thd777, thank you.. thank you, thank you, thank you lol

+1 on rethinking kitbashes products.   I like the road and freeway sets, so will need to look through the entire workflow.  Nice to know that I can use Blender as a foundation app