[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male (Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

Comments

• Sorry about that, see attached  file. I ran  the conversion process again, this time only on Darius 7

• For some reason, I am unable to attached the log file. Just keep on saying uploading... I'll keep trying

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,392

For some reason, I am unable to attached the log file. Just keep on saying uploading... I'll keep trying

Make sure you only include the part with Darius.  A daz log file can get HUGE. smiley

• Okay, finally. I have included only the logs pertaining to Darius. 

Thanks for your patience

txt
    txt
    short_log.txt
  • Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited August 2019

Yeah, no, that is not the way you want to use this smiley  Lef's see what is happening. 

If you check which morphs are being "currently used" after the conversion, and after you load it again, what has changed?  How are you saving after the conversion?

I went ahead and did another conversion, and the "currently used" list contains the G3M face morph and an assortment of other tweaking morphs for the features that I decided I wanted after creating it. There are no body morphs.

After loading the scene again, those morphs are all still present, but for some reason three body morphs have also shown up: Fitness Details, Fitness Size, and Lithe. These were originally part of the shaping I wanted my character to have, but I set all of them to zero in my original G3M figure after the first deformation just in case having body morphs was causing a problem, figuring I'd just recreate the effect on G8M. So, none of them should be present.

I did eventually find a dial for the character under the Parameters tab that looks like it was created using one of the scripts (I was looking in the wrong place, apparently, I'm still relatively new to Studio and nothing ends up where I expect it to be), and the deformations are baked into it. When the dial is set to 100, the character's face and the body deformations are both present. When set to 0, the default G8M face and shape return, and the deformations go away.

I've tried saving as a scene, a subscene after adding textures and so on, and as a character preset (which didn't do anything). Unfortunately, because the dial has the issues baked into it, there's no method of saving that doesn't also carry those along for the ride.

Post edited by Cora Regina on

Okay, finally. I have included only the logs pertaining to Darius. 

Thanks for your patience

Thank you for posting it.  Nothing is jumping out at me.  I am wondering if there are other morphs interfering with your conversion.  If you load the default, generic, G8M, are there any morphs being currently used?  When you load the Darius G8M, what morphs are currently used?  If you slide the Darius Head slider to 0, does it look like G8M?

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099
    inquire said:

I'll try again. I'm guessing I should get rid of the hair, and clothes, and gens, too. Could these items have caused the distortion that occurred in the G8?

By leave each character at the origin, do you mean the hip values x, y, z, should all be at 0?

OK, it seems to have worked. Attaching screen shot. (Not a render of any kind.)

Second screen shot: doing a small render, just of the eyes, in the Screen Tab. Eyes seem OK, unless someone notices something. On to starting a new scene and applying Makani textures, etc. 

(Yesterday, when I shut down, I thought I would never learn this.)

All Right! It worked. Not a render, but here's Makani on G8, with some Mean Mugs morphs (transferred along with him from G3): 3rd Screen Shot.

Yeah!  I am glad it worked for you.  What assumptions did I make that tripped you up?  e.g., it sounds like I should put in the manual that one should load the character without clothes, T-Pose, and at origin. 

OK. Sounds fine. And without hair.

I bought this immediately, but things aren't going well. I saved a G3M character that I created as a character preset, and tried to convert it using the standard Character Converter script. It "converted," but does nothing except delete the default G8M material settings, leaving me with an unmorphed blank G8M. The original G3M preset applies just fine to G3M figures.

I assume it's my fault somewhere along the line and decide to try using the Convert Scene Character script instead with the intent of saving a subscene after. Both figures loaded nude, without hair/clothing/gens, in their respective zero poses, at origin. This works great, the G8M version of my characer is perfect, he poses beautifully, right up until I have to close and reopen the file. Then it turns into an absolute nightmare. The face turns out fine, but the body is a mess. Pretty much nothing ends up where/how it's supposed to be, even in the A-pose. It's not pretty, and posing the character just makes it worse.

So, in order for things to work, I have to convert the character (but only between characters in scene because the regular script doesn't work on the files I'm trying to use), tweak the character as needed, dress and pose the character, add everything else in the scene, and render the entire thing without ever closing Studio, or having it crash (ha ha ha), or deciding after the fact that I want to change something, every single time because things go haywire as soon as the program tries to load a scene with a converted G8M. It's one shot and done, I have to restart from zero.

Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated. The potential is amazing and I want to love it, but it's just not working for me and I can't figure out what's gone wrong.

Left side of the attachment is the character right out of the Scene Conversion script plus textures, the right side is what happens after I close the scene and then open it again. Modesty pants added after the fact.

The one on the right has a little more sculptured body.

Not exactly a chracter, but it's listed under G3 male characters. It's Mean Mugs. Would this convert witht he Character Converter Script? If I didn't like what happened, are the morphs saved in the same place that the 2nd script (Convert Scene Character) morphs are saved? And, if I delete those morphs myself, will that get rid of any Icons and Materials and items in the Characters location in DAZ Studio? I did read through the entire thread, and I did read the PDF Manual that's included, but I feel I still need to double-check, so that if I do make a big mess, I'll be able to clean it up. I'll Attach a screen shot for the Mean Mugs, and, as you can see in the screen shot, it does come with some Materials, though I think it's basically a number of character presets, but just for the head, nothing for the rest of the body.

Mean Mugs.png
    628 x 763 - 116K
  • inquire said:

I bought this immediately, but things aren't going well. I saved a G3M character that I created as a character preset, and tried to convert it using the standard Character Converter script. It "converted," but does nothing except delete the default G8M material settings, leaving me with an unmorphed blank G8M. The original G3M preset applies just fine to G3M figures.

I assume it's my fault somewhere along the line and decide to try using the Convert Scene Character script instead with the intent of saving a subscene after. Both figures loaded nude, without hair/clothing/gens, in their respective zero poses, at origin. This works great, the G8M version of my characer is perfect, he poses beautifully, right up until I have to close and reopen the file. Then it turns into an absolute nightmare. The face turns out fine, but the body is a mess. Pretty much nothing ends up where/how it's supposed to be, even in the A-pose. It's not pretty, and posing the character just makes it worse.

So, in order for things to work, I have to convert the character (but only between characters in scene because the regular script doesn't work on the files I'm trying to use), tweak the character as needed, dress and pose the character, add everything else in the scene, and render the entire thing without ever closing Studio, or having it crash (ha ha ha), or deciding after the fact that I want to change something, every single time because things go haywire as soon as the program tries to load a scene with a converted G8M. It's one shot and done, I have to restart from zero.

Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated. The potential is amazing and I want to love it, but it's just not working for me and I can't figure out what's gone wrong.

Left side of the attachment is the character right out of the Scene Conversion script plus textures, the right side is what happens after I close the scene and then open it again. Modesty pants added after the fact.

I wish that were the problem. The shoulders and arms are an absolute wreck, and even the legs aren't quite right. If it were just a little more defined that would be fine, but the whole area has shifted out of place (note how the collarbones, the shoulders, everything is distorted, too low down and not remotely anatomically accurate anymore). It's almost like the flesh doesn't adhere to the bone. It twists and warps when the body is positioned. There's also the matter of the problem only manifesting after the scene has been closed and then re-opened.

Here are some screenshots of what happens when I pose things, with the converted character on the right and a blank G8M on the left showing what the pose is supposed to look like. The bodies should be identical because while I had head morphs dialed in, I had no body morphs dialed in. The body should look exactly like the blank G8M body on the left, just with a head morph applied.

nope.jpg
    698 x 575 - 159K
    nopenope.jpg
    770 x 827 - 224K
    nopenopenope.jpg
    738 x 722 - 189K

Yeah, no, that is not the way you want to use this smiley  Lef's see what is happening. 

If you check which morphs are being "currently used" after the conversion, and after you load it again, what has changed?  How are you saving after the conversion?

I went ahead and did another conversion, and the "currently used" list contains the G3M face morph and an assortment of other tweaking morphs for the features that I decided I wanted after creating it. There are no body morphs.

After loading the scene again, those morphs are all still present, but for some reason three body morphs have also shown up: Fitness Details, Fitness Size, and Lithe. These were originally part of the shaping I wanted my character to have, but I set all of them to zero in my original G3M figure after the first deformation just in case having body morphs was causing a problem, figuring I'd just recreate the effect on G8M. So, none of them should be present.

I did eventually find a dial for the character under the Parameters tab that looks like it was created using one of the scripts (I was looking in the wrong place, apparently, I'm still relatively new to Studio and nothing ends up where I expect it to be), and the deformations are baked into it. When the dial is set to 100, the character's face and the body deformations are both present. When set to 0, the default G8M face and shape return, and the deformations go away.

I've tried saving as a scene, a subscene after adding textures and so on, and as a character preset (which didn't do anything). Unfortunately, because the dial has the issues baked into it, there's no method of saving that doesn't also carry those along for the ride.

Ok, that is encouraging.  We are getting close.  You are right that it sounds like they are part of the CTRL property.  I am wondering if the Fitness Details, etc are from the first time you converted?  Were they at 0 or not exactly?  The script considers anything not equal to 0 to being used.  Let's try again.  I would delete the morphs and control property.  They will be in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/VENDOR/PRODUCT under the first directory listed in your Content Directory Manager (F2, Content Tab, Content Directory Manager button, and then in the window that appears, Content Sets->Daz Studio Formats).  You will know they are gone if you restart DS and load a G8M and the morphs and CTRL property are not listed.

inquire said:
    inquire said:

I'll try again. I'm guessing I should get rid of the hair, and clothes, and gens, too. Could these items have caused the distortion that occurred in the G8?

By leave each character at the origin, do you mean the hip values x, y, z, should all be at 0?

OK, it seems to have worked. Attaching screen shot. (Not a render of any kind.)

Second screen shot: doing a small render, just of the eyes, in the Screen Tab. Eyes seem OK, unless someone notices something. On to starting a new scene and applying Makani textures, etc. 

(Yesterday, when I shut down, I thought I would never learn this.)

All Right! It worked. Not a render, but here's Makani on G8, with some Mean Mugs morphs (transferred along with him from G3): 3rd Screen Shot.

Yeah!  I am glad it worked for you.  What assumptions did I make that tripped you up?  e.g., it sounds like I should put in the manual that one should load the character without clothes, T-Pose, and at origin. 

OK. Sounds fine. And without hair.

Good point.  smiley

edited August 2019
    inquire said:

Not exactly a chracter, but it's listed under G3 male characters. It's Mean Mugs. Would this convert witht he Character Converter Script? If I didn't like what happened, are the morphs saved in the same place that the 2nd script (Convert Scene Character) morphs are saved? And, if I delete those morphs myself, will that get rid of any Icons and Materials and items in the Characters location in DAZ Studio? I did read through the entire thread, and I did read the PDF Manual that's included, but I feel I still need to double-check, so that if I do make a big mess, I'll be able to clean it up. I'll Attach a screen shot for the Mean Mugs, and, as you can see in the screen shot, it does come with some Materials, though I think it's basically a number of character presets, but just for the head, nothing for the rest of the body.

If you add them to a character in a scene and run the Convert Scene Character script, the morphs will be saved in the same location: data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/VENDOR/PRODUCT.  If you want to use the main Character Converter Script, you need to save as a Character Preset.  The main script expects a figure to be loaded with the morphs to convert when a preset is opened.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    inquire said:

I wish that were the problem. The shoulders and arms are an absolute wreck, and even the legs aren't quite right. If it were just a little more defined that would be fine, but the whole area has shifted out of place (note how the collarbones, the shoulders, everything is distorted, too low down and not remotely anatomically accurate anymore). It's almost like the flesh doesn't adhere to the bone. It twists and warps when the body is positioned. There's also the matter of the problem only manifesting after the scene has been closed and then re-opened.

Here are some screenshots of what happens when I pose things, with the converted character on the right and a blank G8M on the left showing what the pose is supposed to look like. The bodies should be identical because while I had head morphs dialed in, I had no body morphs dialed in. The body should look exactly like the blank G8M body on the left, just with a head morph applied.

No, something has loaded wrong.  There should be 3 sliders for your character: body, head, and complete character (e.g., if your character name is Mark, you would have 3 sliders: "Mark Head", "Mark Body", and "Mark).  If you dial to 0 the complete character slider and then dial up the body (e.g., "Mark Body"), does it have the distortion?  If not, it is some other slider being dialed up by the complete character slider.  I recommend looking at "Currently Used", seeing what the complete character dials up and down and then trying each one of those individually.

•  

Ok, that is encouraging.  We are getting close.  You are right that it sounds like they are part of the CTRL property.  I am wondering if the Fitness Details, etc are from the first time you converted?  Were they at 0 or not exactly?  The script considers anything not equal to 0 to being used.  Let's try again.  I would delete the morphs and control property.  They will be in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/VENDOR/PRODUCT under the first directory listed in your Content Directory Manager (F2, Content Tab, Content Directory Manager button, and then in the window that appears, Content Sets->Daz Studio Formats).  You will know they are gone if you restart DS and load a G8M and the morphs and CTRL property are not listed.

I've gone ahead and deleted the morphs as indicated, and there is no longer a dial for them associated with G8M. All of the mystery dials that spawned into earlier reloaded G8M converted figures were set at full 0 in the G3M source, I manually typed the value just to be sure after the first misadventure. The only morphs listed under the Currently Used section of my G3M source were the facial morphs that also displayed in a freshly converted G8M figure.

Happy news, deleting the old version seems to have fixed whatever the problem was! I've closed and reopened the latest conversion several times and things seem to be behaving themselves. I still don't know why those morphs went all screwy in the first place, since everything was set to a full 0 value in the source and the problems only cropped up when the file was cycled through the program. But hey, I'll take it, and just make sure to manually delete any further failed attempts before trying again.

Thanks so much for all the help! When it works, it really works well! Definitely worth the purchase, I'll go ahead and start running through my character library. Very excited to get everyone brought up to the latest and greatest now that things are running smoothly. smiley

(Re: your suggestion based on the pictures I showed another user, I went to check the body dial issue but a search for the character's name is just turning up a complete character dial, not separate body and head dials. Maybe it's because the only morphs that should have loaded were head morphs, so if things went right there should have been no body data to transfer over? Either way, it looks like things are loading properly and all the previous attempts that saved out with the deformed figures are now reading the newest, intact morph and displaying properly.)

I've gone ahead and deleted the morphs as indicated, and there is no longer a dial for them associated with G8M. All of the mystery dials that spawned into earlier reloaded G8M converted figures were set at full 0 in the G3M source, I manually typed the value just to be sure after the first misadventure. The only morphs listed under the Currently Used section of my G3M source were the facial morphs that also displayed in a freshly converted G8M figure.

Happy news, deleting the old version seems to have fixed whatever the problem was! I've closed and reopened the latest conversion several times and things seem to be behaving themselves. I still don't know why those morphs went all screwy in the first place, since everything was set to a full 0 value in the source and the problems only cropped up when the file was cycled through the program. But hey, I'll take it, and just make sure to manually delete any further failed attempts before trying again.

Thanks so much for all the help! When it works, it really works well! Definitely worth the purchase, I'll go ahead and start running through my character library. Very excited to get everyone brought up to the latest and greatest now that things are running smoothly. smiley

(Re: your suggestion based on the pictures I showed another user, I went to check the body dial issue but a search for the character's name is just turning up a complete character dial, not separate body and head dials. Maybe it's because the only morphs that should have loaded were head morphs, so if things went right there should have been no body data to transfer over? Either way, it looks like things are loading properly and all the previous attempts that saved out with the deformed figures are now reading the newest, intact morph and displaying properly.)

That's fantastic!  I am glad that cleared up the problem.  Don't hesitate to post any questions (or post pics of your conversions! smiley)

(Re: Yeah, I was thinking of the main script which usually has a head, body, and character.  For the Convert Scene Character script, you would need to show "Currently used".  Dial the Character slider to 0, and then try all the other sliders one at a time to find the problem morph.)

• Okay, finally. I have included only the logs pertaining to Darius. 

Thanks for your patience

Thank you for posting it.  Nothing is jumping out at me.  I am wondering if there are other morphs interfering with your conversion.  If you load the default, generic, G8M, are there any morphs being currently used?  When you load the Darius G8M, what morphs are currently used?  If you slide the Darius Head slider to 0, does it look like G8M?

Hi, please see attached files. There are no morph currently used other than what is showed in the images. When I slide th Dariush Head slider to zero, it looks somewhat little the G8M, please see attached file for example.

darius_7-to-8_with_currently_used_morph.jpg
    1459 x 860 - 175K
    darius_7-to-8_with_darius7_head_to_zero.jpg
    1459 x 825 - 151K
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,146
    edited August 2019

transferred morph applied to base loaded Genesis 8 male, see the eyes.

Mine converted ok :( Will probably use a different set of eye textures tho.

Laurie

Elijah G8M.JPG
    878 x 877 - 134K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
    inquire said:

If you add them to a character in a scene and run the Convert Scene Character script, the morphs will be saved in the same location: data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/VENDOR/PRODUCT.  If you want to use the main Character Converter Script, you need to save as a Character Preset.  The main script expects a figure to be loaded with the morphs to convert when a preset is opened.

If I add them "to a character in  a scene", you wrote: Well, actually, there are a number of these "Mean Mugs" morphs, (4). Would I add them all at once to the same figure? Or, would I have to Do this 4 separate times? Or, could I just add one of the morphs, and the others would follow?

Also, in the Manual, you wrote something like, "It is strongly recommended that you create a directory." If I use the Convert Scene Character script, will it create the directory for me? (I see what you've written above.) Or, should I create a Directory, something like this: data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Vendor/MyTransferredCharacters/Product? The MyTransferredCharacters would be the new part I'd be adding in, of course.

If I do create my own Directory, is that the correct order, or should the order be data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Vendor/Product/MyTransferredCharacters, where the last item is the new folder I'd create?

Now, if it all turned out to be a mess, (and, knowing myself, it just might), I would want to be able to clear this up quickly and then try again later. So, if I deleted the folder in the, let's say, MyTransferredCharacters directory, would that take care of everything? Would the icon in Characters for G8 disappear? Would there be any other folders or items that I would have to delete? Since the product does come with a few Materials, would there be a folder in the Runtime that I would have to delete?

Sorry for all of these questions. I am trying to do my best to understand this. I just don't want to get stuck with a mess that I have difficulty deleting.

Okay, finally. I have included only the logs pertaining to Darius. 

Thanks for your patience

Hi, please see attached files. There are no morph currently used other than what is showed in the images. When I slide th Dariush Head slider to zero, it looks somewhat little the G8M, please see attached file for example.

Ok, when I slide my Darius 7 Head to 0, I see the same thing so it is definitely the head morph.  I am a little concerned as your character slider is named "Darius 7.duf".  It should be "Darius 7" so something went a little wrong during conversion.  Can you delete the Darius 7 morphs OUTSIDE of DS?  They should be in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/-Yannek-,DAZ Originals,Heysun Oh/Darius 7.  There should be 3 .dsf files.  Please delete them, restart DS, and try again.  If that doesn't work, please PM me.  I apologize for the difficulty you are having.

inquire said:
    inquire said:

If I add them "to a character in  a scene", you wrote: Well, actually, there are a number of these "Mean Mugs" morphs, (4). Would I add them all at once to the same figure? Or, would I have to Do this 4 separate times? Or, could I just add one of the morphs, and the others would follow?

As long as the 4 morphs' sliders are not 0, the script will convert all 4 morphs.  Just do it once with all 4 dialed in.

inquire said:

Also, in the Manual, you wrote something like, "It is strongly recommended that you create a directory." If I use the Convert Scene Character script, will it create the directory for me? (I see what you've written above.) Or, should I create a Directory, something like this: data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Vendor/MyTransferredCharacters/Product? The MyTransferredCharacters would be the new part I'd be adding in, of course.

The data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME is for the morphs and will automatically be created for you.  If you just use the Convert Scene Character script, you don't need to create a directory.  The directory I am referring to is for your converted character presets that are created by the main script, and it should be something like My Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters.

inquire said:

If I do create my own Directory, is that the correct order, or should the order be data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Vendor/Product/MyTransferredCharacters, where the last item is the new folder I'd create?

Now, if it all turned out to be a mess, (and, knowing myself, it just might), I would want to be able to clear this up quickly and then try again later. So, if I deleted the folder in the, let's say, MyTransferredCharacters directory, would that take care of everything? Would the icon in Characters for G8 disappear? Would there be any other folders or items that I would have to delete? Since the product does come with a few Materials, would there be a folder in the Runtime that I would have to delete?

For the morphs, you would just delete data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs and you can do it in Windows explorer.  If you converted characters using the main script, you should delete the characters in Daz Studio.  That way, DS will delete any metadata associated with the converted characters.  After that, you can delete the My Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters directory if you want (though it should be empty).

inquire said:

Sorry for all of these questions. I am trying to do my best to understand this. I just don't want to get stuck with a mess that I have difficulty deleting.

No problem!  I certainly understand. 

AllenArt said:

transferred morph applied to base loaded Genesis 8 male, see the eyes.

Mine converted ok :( Will probably use a different set of eye textures tho.

Laurie

Thanks for sharing Laurie!

I still don't understand. Sorry. I am talking about using the main script for the Mean Mugs. I already have My Library/data/People/Genesis 8/Male/Characters. So, why would I create a new directory titled the same? Then I'd have two directories wiht the same title.  I do not get this at all.

I don't have Windows Explorer. I'm on a Macintosh. But I could do this with the Finder. You write that I should delete the Characters in DAZ Studio. OK. How do I do this? IF there's a folder for Mean Mugs, do I just Trash that, using the Finder?

But then you say to "delete the My Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters directory if you want (though it should be empty)." But that Directory is not empty. It's got all my G8 Male Characters in it. That's why I was asking if I should create a folder in there called something like MyTransferredCharacters. Then I could just delete that.

One more main point about Mean Mugs: The Screen Shot will show that I found the Mean Mugs Morphs in the Shaping Pane. I have one of them turned on. If I turn all 4 of them on, the Figure Will look horrible. Shall I just leave one of them on, and, if I use the main script, will all 4 morphs be transferred over? I wasn't going to use the second script on this.

Also, the Materials that go with the Mean Mugs: will they be in the Runtime folder, and will I have to delete them?

Mean Mugs Morphs in Shaping.png
    479 x 412 - 76K
    inquire said:

I still don't understand. Sorry. I am talking about using the main script for the Mean Mugs. I already have My Library/data/People/Genesis 8/Male/Characters. So, why would I create a new directory titled the same? Then I'd have two directories wiht the same title.  I do not get this at all.

The names are NOT the same.  You write "My Library/*****DATA******/People/Genesis 8/Male/Characters"  I am writing "My Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters"  No Data folder, and the "Genesis 8" and "Male" folders are combined.  This folder structure mimics the Daz folder structure that is created under "My Daz 3D Library."  The DATA folder is for the morphs and is created automatically for you.  It is created under the first directory listed in your Content Directory Manager (F2, Content Tab, Content Directory Manager button, and then in the window that appears, Content Sets->Daz Studio Formats)

inquire said:

I don't have Windows Explorer. I'm on a Macintosh. But I could do this with the Finder. You write that I should delete the Characters in DAZ Studio. OK. How do I do this? IF there's a folder for Mean Mugs, do I just Trash that, using the Finder?

Ok, sorry about that.  I will try and give instructions with the finder.  To delete characters.  Start DS, go to the "Content Library" pane and navigate to "My Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters" (or it sounds like right now, you have them in "My Library/Data/People/Genesis 8/Male/Characters"

inquire said:

But then you say to "delete the My Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters directory if you want (though it should be empty)." But that Directory is not empty. It's got all my G8 Male Characters in it. That's why I was asking if I should create a folder in there called something like MyTransferredCharacters. Then I could just delete that.

No, the "My Daz 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters folder should have all the characters you bought from Daz.  The "My Library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters" should contain the converted characters from the script.

edited August 2019
    inquire said:

One more main point about Mean Mugs: The Screen Shot will show that I found the Mean Mugs Morphs in the Shaping Pane. I have one of them turned on. If I turn all 4 of them on, the Figure Will look horrible. Shall I just leave one of them on, and, if I use the main script, will all 4 morphs be transferred over? I wasn't going to use the second script on this.

Also, the Materials that go with the Mean Mugs: will they be in the Runtime folder, and will I have to delete them?

The Mean Mugs morphs look like they are shape presets and not character presets.  Shape presets change the shape of the currently selected figure in your scene.  Character Presets load a new figure with the shapes dialed in (and textures).  The main script cannot convert shape presets as it expects each preset to load a figure.  For shape presets, you have to use the Convert Scene Character.  

Dialling them all in will look ugly, but it means that all the shape morphs will be converted over.  Then, when you load a regular figure, you can dial in only one of the four that you want.  Do not delete any original materials.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited August 2019

Just coooooouldn't keep your hands off my money, huh? Haaaaaad to take more, huh? You are SOOOOOO mean!

*chuckle* Kiddin'! Wonderful work and more than hapopy to more than double my existing G8 Character set. Amazing work as always! Thanks so much! :)

Can you say "INSTABUY"? I think ya can. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on

OK, thanks, RiverSoftArt. I didn't see the distinction in the folders. I guess it does make more sense to me now.

Hi, it's me again. This time with another question. It's about the anatomical elements or gens. For the Genesis 3 Male, there were some fine products that came out with added morphs for the DAZ gens. I'd like to be able to get these morphs into the Genesis 8 DAZ gens. Will either of these scripts pick up morphs on the anatomical elements and transfer them to the G8 anatomical elements? If so, which script should I use? I realize that in the DAZ Content Pane, these are under Anatomy and not under Characters, so that's why I'm wondering.

RKane_1 said:

Just coooooouldn't keep your hands off my money, huh? Haaaaaad to take more, huh? You are SOOOOOO mean!

*chuckle* Kiddin'! Wonderful work and more than hapopy to more than double my existing G8 Character set. Amazing work as always! Thanks so much! :)

Can you say "INSTABUY"? I think ya can. :)

You're welcome.  And I will keep your money very safe!  smiley