XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited November 2019

It's done basically. We just adding some features.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Will there be a detailed step by step manual and hopefully a video tutorial how to use very concisely?  GenX is a great product but takes alot of guess work and it didn't explain very clearly in simple terms how to do different processes to transfer specific morphs or presets and I spent alot of time trying to decipher the manual that came with it.  Thank goodness Morgan posted a really good video on how to tranfer morphs from V4 to Genesis, but I still struggle to tranfer from one genesis model to another

Oh this will be much simpler to use. But yes there will be a user guide. We made sure the script did most of the hard work for you.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Zev0 said:

Oh this will be much simpler to use. But yes there will be a user guide. We made sure the script did most of the hard work for you.

Fantastic,  thanks I have already purchased so many things that came with little or no instructions that I don't use cause I can't or don't have enough time too .  I am looking forward to this one!

I will upload a video shortly showing a transfer and you will see how easy it is.

Here is a transfer of V7 to G8

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    Zev0 said:

Lovely! I look forward to this product and enthusiatically support it and will do so in $GREEN$ when it makes the scene. :)

I am looking forward to tis porgram but i also have a suggestion/request. i have TONS of morphs I have made for the G8M figure and i would HATE to have to redo all of them for the G8F figure. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to move morphs from G8M over to G8F? Are there any future plans, ZEV0 that you have which might help me? G3 series had the androgynous figure that helped but we don't have that for G8... or is that out there somewhere?

Agaijn, I very much look forward to this product.

What androgynous are you talking about on G3? Only one I can think of is from Shape Shift, and that is also on the g8 version. Unless there is another androgynous thing you talking about? Also Cross Gender Morph transfer is only a consideration after we get the G8 to G3 module out.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

I am looking forward to this being available. Admittedly, most of my to-do list is moving dial-spun characters made largely from GenXed trnsfers up from G1 to G8 but being albe to have various unique G7 morphs available as well sounds like a win/win situation.

What about morphs that come as their own contained systems. Which is to say Morpheus (which I think has been renamed in the store). That isn't a single morph. Will we need to settle in for an afternoon and do a whole collection of Morpheus morph transfers one at a time?

edited October 2019

This set? https://www.daz3d.com/multi-man-for-genesis-3-male

Took around 5 min to transfer last time we tested.

If you look at the video example you can see how many morphs it processes. In under 2 minutes it managed all 89 morphs of V7. I think multi man set will go quicker since it does not contain as many jcms etc.

We might slow it down a bit to safeguard against crashes. Right now its working at turbo mode with some features off because we disabled some ID renaming logic.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,165
    edited October 2019
    RKane_1 said:
    Zev0 said:

Lovely! I look forward to this product and enthusiatically support it and will do so in $GREEN$ when it makes the scene. :)

I am looking forward to tis porgram but i also have a suggestion/request. i have TONS of morphs I have made for the G8M figure and i would HATE to have to redo all of them for the G8F figure. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to move morphs from G8M over to G8F? Are there any future plans, ZEV0 that you have which might help me? G3 series had the androgynous figure that helped but we don't have that for G8... or is that out there somewhere?

Agaijn, I very much look forward to this product.

Are you perhaps referring to Agentunaware's Transgender morphs?

Post edited by Gordig on

Please do not link offsite links in this thread. Thank you.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Yup, that's it. I was pretty sure I'd seen something about the name being changed. 

It's a really useful set for dialing in small increments when building 'Toons. 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,928
    Zev0 said:
    Nearly there...I will post when the time comes.

Saving $25-$30 from my food budget for this, unless it's released in November when I get paid! wink

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Good news.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,928
    nicstt said:

Good news.

Dammit, you had me checking to see if it's being released... false alarm even if that wasn't your intention!wink

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Oh yes, this looks great, and well thought out. I also really appreciate the time being put in to get it right. I hope it does well, and that you will consider possibly adding legacy generations at some point if it isn't too difficult. I have issues with GenX not transferring a number of morphs, it seems very picky. Sometimes the morphs are just not found, other times it isn't very accurate. Some shapes just do not translate. That and there is great concern that an update to Studio could break it. Either way this a day 1 but from me, which is rare for me.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249

@Zev0

This is going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

I have a question:
    Will this transfer anatomical morphs also?

Hi. No it wont do anatomical morphs if they are not on the figure (eg only available on anatomy), but any morphs of that nature which are present on the figure itself will work.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    Zev0 said:

Hi. No it wont do anatomical morphs if they are not on the figure (eg only available on anatomy), but any morphs of that nature which are present on the figure itself will work.

I was hoping it would.

Still going right into my cart!

Thank you.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

Somebody really should make a product that will transfer anatomical morphs that are available on the anatomy.

Oh they can..But it wont be allowed to be sold at Daz.
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

If they did, they'd have to sell it at Renderotica. Daz don't do "adult-related material" -- even if for perfectly reasonable non-pr0N related reasons. Now if this one will transfer my favorite bulge morphs, poor G8M won't have to look like he's been taken to the vet (ouch!) when wearing his sister's tight fitting jeans.

edited October 2019
    It will do bulge morphs if it's a figure related morph:)
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Will it do projection morphs then? That would solve a lot of issues.

edited October 2019

What do you mean projection morphs? It depends how those projection morphs are designed. Eg if I dial up a morph on figure, add clothes, that morph is projected onto clothing. Now, if a projection morph is designed where it is not selectable and cannot be dialed on the figure or is dependant on a script to be enabled, then the answer is no.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • By projection morphs, I mean products (like this one: https://www.daz3d.com/sy-decrackifier-for-genesis-8) in which a morph slider in the figure projects into fitted clothes without visibly affecting the figure's mesh. If I understand your answer correctly, these would work with the script as long as they don't rely on an external script to be used like Fit Control does, wouldn't they?

Correct. If they are driven by another script in order to work then there is no guarentee those morphs will work on their own.
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

You don’t need a converter to move the DAZ Gens morphs because Genesis 3 and 8 Gens are identical meshes.

All you have to do is copy the relevant dsf files from the data folder from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8. Then use a Multi file text editor like Notepad++ to replace all “Genesis 3” with “Genesis 8”

Not a task for complete beginners, but it is not that difficult. 

• Zev0 said:
    Correct. If they are driven by another script in order to work then there is no guarentee those morphs will work on their own.

That's good to hear. One of the drawbacks of the free script was that it didn't work on projection morphs, so I am glad this will (I was a bit lost with the technical reasoning behind it, so I thought it better to ask.)