XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Alright, here's the portion from the log.txt that has the failed attempt to transfer Guy 7 Head/Body morphs to G8M: https://pastebin.com/g1uQh1Df

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited November 2019
    On a side note the product is not crashing on the eyelash morph. It is still processing...Do not force quit it. It might seem frozen at that point but it will go again. For some reason the process window just hangs there but its still working. If it is closing Studio and Studio crashes then I need to know if that is happening.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited November 2019
    Zev0 said:
    On a side note the product is not crashing on the eyelash morph. It is still processing...Do not force quit it. It might seem frozen at that point but it will go again. For some reason the process window just hangs there but its still working. If it is closing Studio and Studio crashes then I need to know if that is happening.

That's the thing: right when it goes to that eyelash morph, and -I'm starting to think- it moves on to the next morph, that's when DS crashes for me. 

ETA: Also, I sincerely apologize for being short/terse. Believe me, I've been looking forward to this product since it was announced and I reeeeeeally want it to work. I guess that's where my frustration is coming from. If I have to uninstall any extraneous morphs (i.e. from 3rd party sites) at this point, I'll gladly do so. 

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Kharma said:

I've only tried transferring this one morph Gen2 character Cara HD GenX'd from Gen 2 to 3 and then used Xtransfer to move the morph from Gen 3 to Gen 8.  It did hang a bit at 71% but finally completed.  When I reloaded Gen8 and turned the morph up to 100% it was fine, of course smoother as no HD.  Here is a comparison of the original Gen2 and Gen 8 transfered  morphs, The first is reg SubD and the second image I upped the SubD to 5 .. but not alot of difference.

Also I didn't save the xtranfer morph into my regular Daz Library but into my Beta test library , not sure if that makes a difference and also  I don't see any leftover XT morphs for G3 or G2 in my data folders

edited November 2019
    Finlaena said:
    Zev0 said:

That's the thing: right when it goes to that eyelash morph, and -I'm starting to think- it moves on to the next morph, that's when DS crashes for me. 

ETA: Also, I sincerely apologize for being short/terse. Believe me, I've been looking forward to this product since it was announced and I reeeeeeally want it to work. I guess that's where my frustration is coming from. If I have to uninstall any extraneous morphs (i.e. from 3rd party sites) at this point, I'll gladly do so. 

It's cool. Just upset some people are still experiencing issues we thought were addressed. We will get it fixed.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • LaschaeLaschae Posts: 111

Thought I'd update for my issue. After a few HD crashes and moving from one computer to another I think that my content folder is broken so I made a new folder for my content and a different hard drive and it works now. Long days ahead of DIMing up my content. Thanks for trying to get me sorted. 

edited November 2019
    Cool. If you still want to use your old content library just copy the XTransfer folder from your new content library into g8 of the old one.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I've tried three different transfers and each time Daz Studio has crashed to desktop at the 71% mark.  After each one I then get duplicate formula errors.

Perhaps it's because I install my content manually from .zip files. 

After the third time of fixing Genesis 3 and Genesis 8, I realised that I can't risk messing up my content directories, so I will regretfully ask Daz for a refund and maybe buy again once any problems with the script are solved.

Every other Zev0 product that I have, I have been more than happy with, so I hope that this ones gets a few more fixes.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,900

Here's a fun one... RawArt's Gigalien G3 -> G8.

To enhance the (HD) details, I baked the details as Normals via Substance Painter.

(That is: exported G3 HD1 model, G3 HD4 model. Opened HD1 model, added HD4 in the 'high poly' option in the bake maps. Then I baked Normals and exported the OpenGL Normals)

It came out great!

Going to try some other weirdies, like Duckie, and see how well xtransfer can keep up.

Giggles G8.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 236K
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,949
    edited November 2019

I made a mistake, I thought that the XT_GCF_Genesis, and XT_GCF_Genesis2 were dupes left over as they were residing in the genesis 3 morph folders, turns out they were supposed to instead, transfer over to the Genesis 8 morph folders as they are simply morphs left behind during the transferring process!

EDIT: I tried moving them over to the proper folders no luck... it won't show up in the morph list and it still shows up as a dupe if left in the genesis 3 folder.

EDIT 2 Getting the logfile!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited November 2019

https://pastebin.com/Yj5cHXmP - Here's another pastebin of my logfile, this time transfering Arabella 7 to G8F, which also crashed.

Comparing this to the one from earlier (Guy 7 head/body to G8M), the crash happens when it tries to start the process around the thighs (left thigh, to be precise) while loading the morphs onto G8, right after the EyelashesCurl, which is also around the 71% mark for me, too. 

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on

Thanks.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i'm running into duplicate formulas errors, too. 

it's possible that i favorited and converted some of the same morphs twice.  would that create the error situation?

some of them were for Kayless' V-7 based figures...which are wonderful, but seem to break the teeth of every conversion method i've tried.  they're super prone to deformations. 

but some are genesis 3 base figures. 

error excerpts from several logs attached, on the off chance they might be useful.

a few of these little hiccups aside, XTransfer is a great tool.  so thank you, Zev0, and thank you DiscoBob.  

:)

j

zip
    zip
    XT duplicate formula warnings.zip

Here's my logfile, I tried the script with GenX'd Genesis/Genesis 2 morphs alone, and the script did not start, but when I selected GenX'd G1/G2+V5/V6 the script loaded fine, I then deselected V5/V6 and kept G1/G2 selected and the script ran, again; the  morphs did not show up in Genesis 8, and both XT_GCF_Genesis.dsf and XT_GCF_Genesis2.dsf both generated into the data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\Genesis directory.

Thanks for all the logs. These will really help trying to solve the issue.

@jardine "it's possible that i favorited and converted some of the same morphs twice.  would that create the error situation?"

You can overwrite morphs. It isn't a problem. The script is designed to auto overwrite existing morphs.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Any idea when the Genx issue some people are having will be fixed? I actually have not tried to transfer some because of that

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    dkgoose said:

i know this isn't the intended usage for this really but it seems to work well for clones for older generations

Do they still work as clones for autofit?

jedijudd said:

Any idea when the Genx issue some people are having will be fixed? I actually have not tried to transfer some because of that

We will let you know as soon as we figure out things. There are different issues different people are experiencing, so there is a lot of new cross testing that needs to happen. We are looking into the issue as we speak.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,279

Well, I've had quite the journey with XTransfer. I first tried to use it on Morpheus/Multiman, and afterwards, DS 4.11 wouldn't even open any more. In 4.12 beta, the XTransfer script didn't even open, and eventually the beta stopped opening as well. I updated my regular DS to 4.12 and installed the latest beta, and tried again, this time on Anneka Demon HD. This time, it crashed at 71% again, and here is the log for all that mess.

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_191130-154254.zip
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

So far so good for me. I transferred a number of G3 male morphs to G8 and all working fine so far. This is Kimo on G8M with a little bit of G8 magic on the shaders. These are the closest duplicates I've seen so far.

Laurie

Kimo G8M.jpg
    1207 x 1669 - 125K
    AllenArt said:

So far so good for me. I transferred a number of G3 male morphs to G8 and all working fine so far. This is Kimo on G8M with a little bit of G8 magic on the shaders. These are the closest duplicates I've seen so far.

Laurie

For first/third party G3 morphs it does indeed work flawlessly, but for a GenX2 bridge to G8, (V4, genesis 1-2) it has hit a bit of a snag that will be ironed out in due time!wink This program's a keeper!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    edited December 2019

Yes, I haven't tried any GenX2 morphs yet, but I'm content to wait ;). I was most concerned with my Genesis 3 Daz core figures and my monsters and aliens, which have worked great :)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

Made it up to 85% this time, and now attempting to load G8F crashed DS. I can also only open the beta.

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_191130-203408.zip
  • f7eerf7eer Posts: 117

XTransfer caused Daz Studio to crash when I was trying to convert Aiko 7 to a Genesis 8 version.

I favorited "Aiko 7", "Aiko 7 Head" and "Aiko 7 Body", since I want to be able to select any of the 3, like all other characters. If this is the wrong thing to do, it should be made clear in the manual, and the script should probably decide not to do it, or put up a warning or something. The example in the manual is for a user only selecting the morph that does both the head and body.

I ran the script and it converted dozens of files, and it looked like it was virtually done:  It unchecked all the morphs it was converting one by one, and hung up, with nothing changing in the window. Eventually, DAZ Studio put up the crash window, so I saved the crash information.

I was going to try loading the new G8 version of Aiko 7 to see if it actually worked, but when I tried to load the G8F Base Female, I got a very, very messed up version of G8F.

I saw that "XT Aiko 7 Head" and "XT Aiko 7 Body" shapes were both set to 100% (which was surprising, since I was just trying to load the G8 Base Female, not "XT Aiko 7"), so I tried to set the head shape to 0%, and Daz Studio crashed without putting up a debug dialog.

The attached zip is the DAZ Studio crash file. The 2nd log is what was in the log when DS crashed without creating a log zip.

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_191130-210718.zip
    txt
    txt
    DAZStudio_error_report_191130-210718 second log.txt
    edited December 2019

I tried uninstalling basically all of my G8F content, and was able to both load G8F into DS and complete an XTransfer, on Kalea 7 and her pro bundle characters, and....this.

xtransfer.png
    1216 x 870 - 298K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,923
    nicstt said:

I'm happy to wait for a fix, and it does a brilliant job with the transfers.

Edit:

This is the one that caused issues; I noticed it seemed to be transferring loads of files not listed; named characters etc; they weren't favourited btw.

If I come accross another similar, I'll keep a closer eye on it.

So far only issue, although not got rid of the new default shape on G8F as yet

I hope, that the issue with the new default shape of G8F will be fixed.

Until then, I will wait with the installation on my computer.

Gordig said:

Made it up to 85% this time, and now attempting to load G8F crashed DS. I can also only open the beta.

Hi. Delete the XTransfer folder on G8..That will reset it to state before any Transfers took place.

f7eer said:

XTransfer caused Daz Studio to crash when I was trying to convert Aiko 7 to a Genesis 8 version.

I favorited "Aiko 7", "Aiko 7 Head" and "Aiko 7 Body", since I want to be able to select any of the 3, like all other characters. If this is the wrong thing to do, it should be made clear in the manual, and the script should probably decide not to do it, or put up a warning or something. The example in the manual is for a user only selecting the morph that does both the head and body.

I ran the script and it converted dozens of files, and it looked like it was virtually done:  It unchecked all the morphs it was converting one by one, and hung up, with nothing changing in the window. Eventually, DAZ Studio put up the crash window, so I saved the crash information.

I was going to try loading the new G8 version of Aiko 7 to see if it actually worked, but when I tried to load the G8F Base Female, I got a very, very messed up version of G8F.

I saw that "XT Aiko 7 Head" and "XT Aiko 7 Body" shapes were both set to 100% (which was surprising, since I was just trying to load the G8 Base Female, not "XT Aiko 7"), so I tried to set the head shape to 0%, and Daz Studio crashed without putting up a debug dialog.

The attached zip is the DAZ Studio crash file. The 2nd log is what was in the log when DS crashed without creating a log zip.

Thanks for the logs. You can also select all or the individual figure components and it should work the same. This is in place incase people just wanted Aiko head from the figure. But that has nothing to do with the bug that is causing all these issues.

Gordig said:

I tried uninstalling basically all of my G8F content, and was able to both load G8F into DS and complete an XTransfer, on Kalea 7 and her pro bundle characters, and....this.

This was the bug we spent so long to get rid off, but looks like it crept in again. We are looking at why it is still happening.