[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]

1262728293032»

Comments

• XagrimXagrim Posts: 17
    edited October 2023

The char has three sliders.

Sloane Body (Only the body dials in)
    Sloane Head (Only the head dials in)
    VYK_Sloane (Its the body but if oyu dial in the sloane Head dials in too.)

So i think the Head is the important thing. The file is called  "Sloane Head.dsf" But i have checked the files and i don't think a morph is missing.

But the curiousity is if i dial out the victoria 7 on the original Genesis 3 they look similiar (error2)
    The left in error 1 is the original Sloane.

Its crazy.

Error1.PNG
    1373 x 680 - 927K
    Error2.PNG
    1194 x 657 - 851K
    Post edited by Xagrim on
  • Xagrim said:

The char has three sliders.

Sloane Body (Only the body dials in)
    Sloane Head (Only the head dials in)
    VYK_Sloane (Its the body but if oyu dial in the sloane Head dials in too.)

So i think the Head is the important thing. The file is called  "Sloane Head.dsf" But i have checked the files and i don't think a morph is missing.

But the curiousity is if i dial out the victoria 7 on the original Genesis 3 they look similiar (error2)
    The left in error 1 is the original Sloane.

Its crazy.

That makes it sound like the converted Victoria 7 morph is not dialed in or converted incorrectly?

edited October 2023

During the process its dialed in. 

After the process if i dial it out/in on the new G8 the changes are minimal. 

Yes could be that its not coverted correct.

Post edited by Xagrim on
  • Xagrim said:

Maybe delete the Victoria 7 morph and try to convert Victoria 7 to get a new morph?

RiverSoftArt said:

Xagrim said:

Maybe delete the Victoria 7 morph and try to convert Victoria 7 to get a new morph?

I have tried, delete all morphs and characters (Backup first)

And try to convert the original Victoria 7 (not HD)

It looks then like this:

Vic7.PNG
    757 x 602 - 221K
  • Xagrim said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Xagrim said:

I have tried, delete all morphs and characters (Backup first)

And try to convert the original Victoria 7 (not HD)

It looks then like this:

Ok, this looks like you did a double conversion.  You need to make sure you have deleted the MORPHS, not just the presets.  The morphs always go in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs under the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager:

I have deleted all morphs from this folders in the past.

But i have found the problem. Now Sloane will be converted correct.
    The problem was this folder:

......data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3

After deleting all morphs in this folder it works good.

• Xagrim said:

I have deleted all morphs from this folders in the past.

But i have found the problem. Now Sloane will be converted correct.
    The problem was this folder:

......data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3

After deleting all morphs in this folder it works good.

Yup.  So that is where that V7 converted morph went! smiley  I am glad it is all working.

• dtinc88dtinc88 Posts: 81
    edited March 5

Hi RiverSoftArt,

I'm experiencing the same problem that several other users have reported where the converted character's neck is severely deformed (see screenshot below). I'm trying to convert a custom G3F to G8F using the "Convert Scene Character G3F to G8F" script option. I have 1) zeroed-out the source character's position and confirmed that the source character is at zero in all 3 axes, 2) deleted all previous character-specific CC-created morphs from the CC output directory, 3) tried selecting/unselecting "Convert Corrective Morphs" option and also tried all 3 Conversion Process options (Legacy, 2019, 2020). Each time the converted character's neck ends up being severely deformed. I'm using the latest non-beta DAZ Studio version.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 185241.png
    709 x 302 - 80K
    Post edited by dtinc88 on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

dtinc88 said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

I'm experiencing the same problem that several other users have reported where the converted character's neck is severely deformed (see screenshot below). I'm trying to convert a custom G3F to G8F using the "Convert Scene Character G3F to G8F" script option. I have 1) zeroed-out the source character's position and confirmed that the source character is at zero in all 3 axes, 2) deleted all previous character-specific CC-created morphs from the CC output directory, 3) tried selecting/unselecting "Convert Corrective Morphs" option and also tried all 3 Conversion Process options (Legacy, 2019, 2020). Each time the converted character's neck ends up being severely deformed. I'm using the latest non-beta DAZ Studio version.

You're first conversion did not have the characters at the origin.  The clone is created on the first conversion and not created again, which has messed up everything since.  You need to delete the clone, which is located in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs

• dtinc88dtinc88 Posts: 81

RiverSoftArt said:

dtinc88 said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

You're first conversion did not have the characters at the origin.  The clone is created on the first conversion and not created again, which has messed up everything since.  You need to delete the clone, which is located in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs

Deleting the CC clones from  %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs resolved the issue. Thank you!

dtinc88 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

dtinc88 said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

Deleting the CC clones from  %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\CharacterConverterMorphs resolved the issue. Thank you!

You're welcome!

• jtdekoningjtdekoning Posts: 141

I seem to be running into the same problem. I've gone back through the last bit of instructions and made sure the models are all at 0/0/0/, deleted the clone, and deleted the morphs of the converted model before trying again (and again). Still no luck. Please help. 

Also, while your product seems to change the body just fine, it isn't doing anything to the shape of the head/face.

neck and face.jpg
    741 x 417 - 48K
    edited April 11

jtdekoning said:

I seem to be running into the same problem. I've gone back through the last bit of instructions and made sure the models are all at 0/0/0/, deleted the clone, and deleted the morphs of the converted model before trying again (and again). Still no luck. Please help. 

Also, while your product seems to change the body just fine, it isn't doing anything to the shape of the head/face.

I am sure that is the issue though.  There can be multiple clones at %UserProfile%/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/CharacterConverterMorphs.  Make sure you delete the correct one.  You could also try temporarily renaming the folder My Libary/data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs to Bad Morphs or something (Note: not My Daz 3D Library but the first library listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager (which is usually My Library)

Renaming this folder will hide ALL the converted morphs you have done so far.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Hot dog!! No more neck form hell! I deleted all my bad conversion files and tried again and it worked, mostly.

My next problem (sorry) is that the converter didn't seem to take all of the head shaping from one to the other. Pic included to explain more fully. (right is base character, left is converted character.)

Thanks for all your help so far!

head comparison.jpg
    1740 x 494 - 243K

jtdekoning said:

Hot dog!! No more neck form hell! I deleted all my bad conversion files and tried again and it worked, mostly.

Yay!

My next problem (sorry) is that the converter didn't seem to take all of the head shaping from one to the other. Pic included to explain more fully. (right is base character, left is converted character.)

It is hard to tell in the picture, but it looks like your character has more than one morph engaged for the head?  The script creates each morph separately and they need to be dialed in (the script should do that automatically but can fail sometimes on that step).  Also, the script converts HD morphs as standard morphs (Daz Limitation) so that can affect stuff too.

edited April 12

RiverSoft Art said:

jtdekoning said:

Yay!

It is hard to tell in the picture, but it looks like your character has more than one morph engaged for the head?  The script creates each morph separately and they need to be dialed in (the script should do that automatically but can fail sometimes on that step).  Also, the script converts HD morphs as standard morphs (Daz Limitation) so that can affect stuff too.

If you open the picture, the sliders are included on the sides. The origional has three different heads combined, whereas the conversion is only doing one of them. The right one uses Izabella, Maydelyn, and Quinn. The left is just using Izabella.

Post edited by jtdekoning on

jtdekoning said:

RiverSoft Art said:

jtdekoning said:

Yay!

If you open the picture, the sliders are included on the sides. The origional has three different heads combined, whereas the conversion is only doing one of them. The right one uses Izabella, Maydelyn, and Quinn. The left is just using Izabella.

It was hard to tell since i could not see the sliders' value and they looked sorta in the middle like you had turned limits off.  Which of the scripts were you using for conversion?  Character Converter or Convert Scene Character?  Could you post the Daz Log of the conversion?  I could see which morphs the script saw as non-zero and tried to convert.

Here's an updated head comparison. I used the Convert Scene Character to run the conversion While now it looks like the converter put up the sliders for the converted G8, it doesn't lool like they were actually applied. I've also attached a copy of the log file fromafter letting the process run.

head comparison.jpg
    984 x 672 - 120K
    txt
    txt
    converson log.txt
    2M

jtdekoning said:

Here's an updated head comparison. I used the Convert Scene Character to run the conversion While now it looks like the converter put up the sliders for the converted G8, it doesn't lool like they were actually applied. I've also attached a copy of the log file fromafter letting the process run.

From the log, it looks like you did a bunch of conversions.  At least the first one looked like it ran ok.  If you dial in each of the converted morphs separately one by one, which ones seem to be not close to the original morph?

Hi,

left is the original. Any ideas to get it more close to the original? I use 2020 conversion.

Thanks.

Fischer.PNG
    1020 x 665 - 1M

Xagrim said:

Hi,

left is the original. Any ideas to get it more close to the original? I use 2020 conversion.

Thanks.

I assume that is a pic with both the original and converted?  They seem very close.  Doing better than that will be difficult.  If the original is HD, you can't get that good as DS doesn't allow transfering HD morphs.