Comments

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 622
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    "To the UnRenderded Country"

"Cry Havok and Let Slip the Pixels of Render!"

"And if you pixel us, do we not--RENDER?"

Very Shakespearean ...
    and in the Original Klingon, no less ;-)

Thanks Robkelk & PD!

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,051
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Klingon Wars!!!!

Using my Klingon Rankpins and combadge freebie, uniform is Xurge3D's Fantasy Ranger for M4

Nice to see my head morph in action...

David

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited August 2014

PDSmith said:
    Everyone loves the Red shirts and Toons so here's both. My DA account has all the info on what I used for the trek dress outfit.

It was going to be a Poser image but it locked up so I slid back over to my mainstay and did it in DAZ Studio. I should have a Poser image tomorrow.

Cookie was enhanced with DAZ studio via Uberenviormental skin updates.

As for the other...nuff said and a question.

Great job, as always.

I don't know why, but I really get an extra kick out of seeing your and the other Toon versions of the Trek universe that pop up here.

You made my day.

Thanks,
    Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • rschulterschulte Posts: 484
    edited August 2014

First render to what is the Star Trek "Cage" uniform (pilot pre-TOS) for Bodysuits.

M4 is wearing the Combat jacket and V4 with the "big" neck look..

Feedback welcomed.

Energize.png
    893 x 898 - 569K
    Post edited by rschulte on
    edited December 1969

and the standard tunic and pants...ST Cage uniforms.

CallinIn.png
    1085 x 898 - 383K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,051
    edited December 1969

Is it me or are they too form fitting? I thought Cage uniforms were a little more loose.

David

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Working with Vilmur as his trouble shooter for more uniforms exclusively made for Star Trek.

This one is for Genesis2Female.

I just do the trouble shooting and give suggestions. When or where they will be released I don't know.

test_1.jpg
    618 x 800 - 200K
  • siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

Is it me or are they too form fitting? I thought Cage uniforms were a little more loose.

David

I agree, see :

thecage022.jpg
    694 x 530 - 135K
    edited August 2014

sioc said:

David

I agree, see :

I'm using the Bodysuit so its bound to be a bit more form fitting. (attached is my bodysuit next to Mylochka's Valiant for a comparison of looseness) In fact in my research I'd found a number of criticism against the Cage era uniforms as being way too loose. (i.e. they look terrible)

For this project, I am using the Cage-era uniforms from Star Trek Online MMORPG as a guide to the colors and appearance.

For me, the bodysuits are much easier to work with, can support more full body morph options then Valiant/Courageous, and to me, look sharper. So it really come down to a matter of personal choice.

In this set, I have the three uniform color options for both V4 and M4 Bodysuits: Gold, Beige, and Blue. Plus the combat field jackets.

If I have interest, I'll post.

Uniform_TOScage_gold.png
    596 x 600 - 275K
    Uniform_TOScage_blue.png
    596 x 600 - 255K
    Uniform_TOScage_beige.png
    596 x 600 - 267K
    BSvsValiant.png
    1085 x 898 - 482K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,282
    edited December 1969

Always interested in more options

edited December 1969

I found this freebie as I was researching the Star Trek Cage uniforms....This artist, Sailmaster-Seion, has created a set of emblems/combadges for TOS uniform (ie. when ships had their own design), this contain the obj files.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/TOS-Com-Badges-447945059

I also create a set of the ST Cage uniforms in M4 Valiant and V4 Courageous.. This should give people a choice on what they want to use. At this point, I haven't resolved the sleeve-ranks on the uniforms, I might just release it without them.

tos_com_badges_by_sailmaster_seion-d7ep0mb.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 100K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

That IDIC-like badge would be ideal for the USS Intrepid, I think.

edited August 2014

That IDIC-like badge would be ideal for the USS Intrepid, I think.

You're right, this is the USS Intrepid...

nice thing, they have the command, medical, sciences, and engineering for each ship too.

• NVent3dNVent3d Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

Hello Trek people, long time no see.
    I have been releasing a few outfits for Genesis 2 lately but someone asked if i could do M4 and V4 clothing.
    I have decided to try and learn. for my first trick I am shooting for a Pike era uniform for M4.
    The clothing has no textures at this point, just shaders. the major trick will be learning to make it poser compatible. I will release it as a freebie once i get it all figured out.

M4_Pre_TOS_.png
    800 x 800 - 138K
    edited August 2014

Rank for sleeves, ie TOS and CAGE uniforms almost done. Look like next week when ready to post.

this'll be for bodysuits only, the ranks will be able to be used on all of my bodysuit designs for those purists out there.

O1 ensign
    O2 lt jg
    O3 lt
    O4 lt commander
    O5 commander
    O6 captain
    O7 commodore

This is for fleet, not marines. When done with the TOS version, I'll update my STTOS zips accordingly.

• blutobluto Posts: 829
    edited August 2014

jrvilmur said:
    I have been releasing a few outfits for Genesis 2 lately but someone asked if i could do M4 and V4 clothing.
    I have decided to try and learn. for my first trick I am shooting for a Pike era uniform for M4.
    The clothing has no textures at this point, just shaders. the major trick will be learning to make it poser compatible. I will release it as a freebie once i get it all figured out.

looking excellent duder,

this wouldnt be the same guy that hinted about it way back when you did the klingon and romulan male duds would it ??:-P
    if you do figure it all out is there any chance of seeing those outfits done up for m4 as well.
    did you ever have any success figuring out the poser support for those uniforms.

i would love to see you tackle the ridgey headed imperial style klingon movie,next gen iniforms too. but only if there is poser support for thit as i know you use daz studio

Post edited by bluto on
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Any Reman morphs for V4?

• adriantullbergadriantullberg Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Was there a traditional hairstyle for (original) Uhura?

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,261
    edited December 1969

Mylochka did one that's available for free at ShareCG

http://www.sharecg.com/v/46430

edited August 2014

The STCage uniforms M4 and V4 Bodysuit is almost ready...here's an updated render.

I have a set of TOS-era badges to be posted at same time, this can be used for the STCage and STTOS sets.

The M4 Valiant and V4 Courageous sets are not ready, I still need to do the rank stripes for the uniform.

CallinIn.png
    1085 x 898 - 478K
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited August 2014

All these textures are nice and all, but they are flat. no specular maps, no glossy map, no bump map, no displacement map., just flat.

the rank bars around the forearm look to be just painted on the suit.

I'm not knocking your ideas, just that the outfits are flat.

Take a look at the images associated with this product : http://www.daz3d.com/v4-bodysuit-expansion-pack-texture-set
    These are one of the first texture sets to come out for the V4 bodysuit, notice the lines and paneling give the suit a kind of advanced look. Coloured texture maps help things stand out even more so.

Heck even a specular map for the pants and a different specular map for the top with a displacement map for the rank wrist bands would raise these to another level of wanting to use these than just having them in a runtime.

Suggestion since you're a Poser user: Page 105 http://books.google.com/books?id=WYgLAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=specular+maps+for+outfits+in+poser&source=bl&ots=RtT1VqYqep&sig=YLhJCVucsC0TtY2ctQVWeQSdysw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=eEPlU6etJY6AogS-s4CYAg&ved=0CDgQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=specular maps for outfits in poser&f=false

Take this criticism in stride : I started here : http://www.sharecg.com/v/38298/gallery/11/Poser/Star-Trek-TNG-Uniform
    and with suggestions and some serious shooting down I'm here : http://pdsmith.deviantart.com/art/STO-Generation-Beyond-Bodysuit-for-V4-450306746. and I'm still learning.

We all are.

The below image is my own creation for texture maps for the outfits. Bump and coloured texture maps changed the entire look from flat gold and blue to a weaved/spandex/cotton mix. (the rest of the comic strip can be found on my DA account.)

You're doing good, but without suggestions, how do you or any of us get better?

-Paul

page_1-moded.jpg
    927 x 927 - 493K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
  • NVent3dNVent3d Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    jrvilmur said:

looking excellent duder,

this wouldnt be the same guy that hinted about it way back when you did the klingon and romulan male duds would it ??:-P
    if you do figure it all out is there any chance of seeing those outfits done up for m4 as well.
    did you ever have any success figuring out the poser support for those uniforms.

i would love to see you tackle the ridgey headed imperial style klingon movie,next gen iniforms too. but only if there is poser support for thit as i know you use daz studio

First of Thanks!
    Next yes, i decided to learn to create for the genesis 2 figure. So that had been my focus for quite sometime, I even have learned to make my daz genesis 2 clothing poser compatible.
    So now someone asked me about doing the m4 v4 stuff..... trick is i need to learn how to make it poser compatible. i plan to tackle most high profile trek uniforms but it will be for genesis 2 first and the the gen4 figures if i can learn to do it.

• adriantullbergadriantullberg Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

Mylochka did one that's available for free at ShareCG

http://www.sharecg.com/v/46430

Thank you.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:

AWESOME!!!!!!!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

For the D/S trekkies who are not into commercial whatever ....

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44911/

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Live Long and Render.

The Squire of Pixels

Let This Be Your Last render

The Renders of Triskelion

I like 'Live Long and Render'.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237
    edited December 1969

NV Oracle said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Live Long and Render.

The Squire of Pixels

I second that

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

NV Oracle said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Live Long and Render.

The Squire of Pixels

:-)

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    All these textures are nice and all, but they are flat. no specular maps, no glossy map, no bump map, no displacement map., just flat. ..........................................................................

-Paul

Based on your comments, I've went back to retrofit my earlier works with bump and specular map. Attached is my STO3 Gold uniform, I didn't want this to be too shiny.

This will take awhite.....

I've been planning to use different color swatches with my new images (color picked from STO) for a "Star Trek: Nova" RPG campaign (an Alt-TNG universe) I was running. Some of the border-line colors will be dropped.

The following sets (M4 and V4) will be totally redone, but I'm going to use different directory structure, so it people want to keep the my old ones, the new won't affect them. In addition to the above recommendations, I wanted to fix some images.

STO3
    STO4
    STO5
    STO6
    Section31
    STO2 (dress whites)
    STTOS

Russ

STO3_Reboot.png
    1085 x 898 - 1M
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

NV Oracle said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Live Long and Render.

The Squire of Pixels

I like that as well. So has anyone figured out who is going to run the next thread?

This discussion has been closed.