Star Trek Builders Unite 5 : Where no pixel has gone before

Comments

• rschulterschulte Posts: 482
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Can anyone point me in the direction of the 1701-A ? The one time I need her, I can't find one. All I can find is the refit. Any other time, I'd be stumbling over them.

Here's the megalist of ships converted by MattyManx

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/491/

TMP Enterprise
    http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=307&p13_fileid=1729

Enterprise A
    http://www.trekmeshes.ch/

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited June 2014

rschulte said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Can anyone point me in the direction of the 1701-A ? The one time I need her, I can't find one. All I can find is the refit. Any other time, I'd be stumbling over them.

TMP Enterprise
    http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=307&p13_fileid=1729

Enterprise A

I've tried those. MattyManx'x said there are "3 Labels that can be turned on and off as needed". I couldn't find any labels. The others have no "A" on them any where to be found.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    rschulte said:
    mdbruffy said:

TMP Enterprise

Enterprise A

I've tried those. MattyManx'x said there are "3 Labels that can be turned on and off as needed". I couldn't find any labels. The others have no "A" on them any where to be found.

They are body parts cause they are mesh labels and not textures. You should be able to find them in the figure tree.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    mdbruffy said:
    rschulte said:
    mdbruffy said:

TMP Enterprise

Enterprise A

They are body parts cause they are mesh labels and not textures. You should be able to find them in the figure tree.

Thank you ! That was not clear in the readmes- at least not to me.

edited December 1969

Right now- if there aren't any further problems- looks like it might be out by the end of the month:

An_Empire_to_Build-_Advance_Sheet_3.jpg
    900 x 1180 - 382K
    edited December 1969

Here're the new (Final, I hope) Star trek Combadges that I'm planning to post soon with the STO2 Bodysuit sets (made from primitives).... Based on my version of the Star Fleet Online game. The variations of Materials zones shows customization.

The "Voyager-type" (wings) I envision to use for Starfleet Marines, the one without wings is Fleet. The "ST:Futures End" combadge is on the right.

On the right bottom are the examples of new medals for dress uniforms based on Star Trek. They are mounted underneath the Combadge, patterns seem to be "place with points out forming star formations." They appear to be of different colors.

Some time this week, I'll post these and the STO2 sets.

In Planning:
    Rank pins for Marines

ST_Combadges_and_Medals.png
    1126 x 898 - 200K
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Here're the new (Final, I hope) Star trek Combadges that I'm planning to post soon with the STO2 Bodysuit sets (made from primitives).... Based on my version of the Star Fleet Online game. The variations of Materials zones shows customization.

The "Voyager-type" (wings) I envision to use for Starfleet Marines, the one without wings is Fleet. The "ST:Futures End" combadge is on the right.

On the right bottom are the examples of new medals for dress uniforms based on Star Trek. They are mounted underneath the Combadge, patterns seem to be "place with points out forming star formations." They appear to be of different colors.

Some time this week, I'll post these and the STO2 sets.

In Planning:
    Rank pins for Marines

After a number of test renders, I've decided on dropping my STO combadges, they simply are not that good and many better ones exist... I still going to release the Future's End one and medals.

edited June 2014

Thank You

You're welcome Robert, hope you enjoy them.

just found an issue with the combadges and medals set, no V4 prop. Fixed and updated just redownload again.

Post edited by rschulte on
    edited December 1969
    Page-000.jpg
    900 x 1180 - 202K
    edited December 1969

Finally this one is done, the Andromeda Commonwealth High Guard uniform for M4 Valiant and V4 Courageous are posted.

Although not the first to be posted, they are my very first I created.

If any one is interested:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/76428/browse/11/Poser/AA-Commonwealth-High-Guard-Uniform-for-V4-Courageo
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/76427/browse/11/Poser/AA-Commonwealth-High-Guard-Uniform-for-M4-Valiant

Still would like to do the holster (force-lance) and rank pins.

AAHighGuardUniformsBlackBlueTrim.png
    1126 x 898 - 284K
    AAHighGuardUniformsRedBlueTrim.png
    1126 x 898 - 409K
    AAHighGuardUniformsBlackBlackTrim.png
    1126 x 898 - 282K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Finally this one is done, the Andromeda Commonwealth High Guard uniform for M4 Valiant and V4 Courageous are posted.

Although not the first to be posted, they are my very first I created.

If any one is interested:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/76428/browse/11/Poser/AA-Commonwealth-High-Guard-Uniform-for-V4-Courageo
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/76427/browse/11/Poser/AA-Commonwealth-High-Guard-Uniform-for-M4-Valiant

Still would like to do the holster (force-lance) and rank pins.

Thank You loved Andromeda
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,257
    edited December 1969

Anyone read the Star Trek New Frontier / Excalibur novels by Peter David? I thought I'd take a crack at some of the characters, though I'm using the STOL uniforms (I just really like them).

First one I've done is Zak Kebron. He's described as looking like a walking mountain, huge and intimidating, with a rough hide, all black eyes and slits for nostrils and a mouth. I made him about 7' tall.

zak.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 177K
    edited June 2014

Great as always

Thank you!

I'm still trying to do a Combadge for the SFMC, so here is my version of "the tip of the spear" combadge and some rank insignia (O3 Captain). From the web, it shows that the SFMC and MACOs continued to use variations of the current Marine insignia. I will provide pins for both M4 and V4.

I'm only going to offer pins for "O1 2nd Lt" to "O6 Colonel" for the STO body suits. However I will include enlisted rank badges for the SFMC version of the Xurge3d HEV Armour.

Really would like to here some feedback if you think this is effective.

Thanks!

Russ

USMC_BadgeAndRankDressWhites.png
    1126 x 898 - 224K
    USMC_BadgeAndRank.png
    1126 x 898 - 240K
    Post edited by rschulte on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

Hey all,

I have been kind of quiet of late and I figured I would post something to let all of you know what is going on. As some of you know I am a contractor for the U.S. Department of State here in Iraq for the last 10 years and after 10 months I will be heading home for some well needed R&R. I will be spending time with my family and my brother Paul before I return back here to continue my job here. As of late I have been working hard to get things ready for the person relieving me while I am gone so after the 22nd of this month I will probably be off line until the middle of July when I return to Iraq.

I have been working on an updated set of textures for Rschulte's STO bodysuit for V4 & M4 and will be continuing my work to add the STO2 sets.They will have my signature hex texturing and latex like look, and I will be adding one additional texture to the set, a dedicated Security Redshirt. I will try to post the first set, the STO V4 bodysuit and since I have the PSD file set up for the V4 bodysuit I will try to finish the STO2 set for the V4 bodysuit and then i will be doing the same thing for the M4 sets. I will try to get them done as quick as I can but I really don't have a lot of plans of being online a lot while I am home. The sets as they are completed will be packaged up with Rschulte's original sets and will be posted on my DA page for redistribution.

edited December 1969

Hey all,

I have been kind of quiet of late and I figured I would post something to let all of you know what is going on. As some of you know I am a contractor for the U.S. Department of State here in Iraq for the last 10 years and after 10 months I will be heading home for some well needed R&R. I will be spending time with my family and my brother Paul before I return back here to continue my job here. As of late I have been working hard to get things ready for the person relieving me while I am gone so after the 22nd of this month I will probably be off line until the middle of July when I return to Iraq.

I have been working on an updated set of textures for Rschulte's STO bodysuit for V4 & M4 and will be continuing my work to add the STO2 sets.They will have my signature hex texturing and latex like look, and I will be adding one additional texture to the set, a dedicated Security Redshirt. I will try to post the first set, the STO V4 bodysuit and since I have the PSD file set up for the V4 bodysuit I will try to finish the STO2 set for the V4 bodysuit and then i will be doing the same thing for the M4 sets. I will try to get them done as quick as I can but I really don't have a lot of plans of being online a lot while I am home. The sets as they are completed will be packaged up with Rschulte's original sets and will be posted on my DA page for redistribution.

Well, welcome back home, just enjoy yourself!

I'm looking forward to the Shadownhawk1 "touch" on these bodysuit textures...

Russ

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    Anyone read the Star Trek New Frontier / Excalibur novels by Peter David? I thought I'd take a crack at some of the characters, though I'm using the STOL uniforms (I just really like them).

First one I've done is Zak Kebron. He's described as looking like a walking mountain, huge and intimidating, with a rough hide, all black eyes and slits for nostrils and a mouth. I made him about 7' tall.

Great job Tim, he's looks like a real bad ass so you've succeeded.

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Hey all,

Russ

I forgot to mention I will create a set of mat files for your hard suit as well and repost it but I don't see where adding my touches to it will improve it, so it will remain unaltered and just get the pose files added to it. Let me know and I will add my touches to your Andromeda set and I will add them to the list for you.

edited December 1969

rschulte said:

Thank you!

I'm still trying to do a Combadge for the SFMC, so here is my version of "the tip of the spear" combadge and some rank insignia (O3 Captain). From the web, it shows that the SFMC and MACOs continued to use variations of the current Marine insignia. I will provide pins for both M4 and V4.

I'm only going to offer pins for "O1 2nd Lt" to "O6 Colonel" for the STO body suits. However I will include enlisted rank badges for the SFMC version of the Xurge3d HEV Armour.

Really would like to here some feedback if you think this is effective.

Thanks!

Russ

I really think the dagger style comm badge works well for the Marines. It adds to the noble history of the Marines and helps set them apart form the rest of Starfleet. Personally I think you should post them, even if it is just part of the hard suit but I really think it would give them something distinctive, much like the Eagle globe and Anchor the Marines of today wear with pride.

edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    Hey all,

Russ

I forgot to mention I will create a set of mat files for your hard suit as well and repost it but I don't see where adding my touches to it will improve it, so it will remain unaltered and just get the pose files added to it. Let me know and I will add my touches to your Andromeda set and I will add them to the list for you.

I'm not certain there is much more for me to do with the hardsuit except to add rank badges (inprogress) I may want to do a camo set add-on later.

Right now in addition to the SFMC Badge and rank, I'm working on a ST TOS bodysuit, sort of retro look... If anyone is interested, I'll post some images.

I think the Andromeda uniforms are finished, I'll still need to work on the Force-lance Holster to complete... thanks for offering.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,257
    edited December 1969

rschulte said:
    TimG said:

Great job Tim, he's looks like a real bad ass so you've succeeded.

thanks!

• GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

For those who haven't seen it yet, the "Battle of Axanar" is now on Youtube, along with some stunning views of the first Federation warship... and I'm certain that some one of us will be building this model for the rest of us to share very soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh4JbLhH_8w#t=59

• stlegendsstlegends Posts: 18
    edited June 2014

bluto said:
    im not really sure if i am going to let this one loose for all to use or not . chime in i might be persuaded

Was Bluto's magnificent security outfit released? If so, I must have missed it, and I apologize - where can I find it? I only need security body-armor and the white engineering hazard-suit (the one that Scotty wears at the beginning of TMP, with the black self-sealing collar, that Gorkon's assassins wore with a helmet in TUC). Other than that, the preparations are almost on-schedule with this December's launch of the Enterprise-A webcomic. As always, all help and advice are humbly appreciated, and full credit will gladly be given. I'm trying my best to update the site for this series every Sunday, at www.ncc-1701-a.net if you want to see what I've done so far. Thanks to everybody that posts on here; I love keeping up with this forum and learning from you all.

Live long and prosper. :)

Post edited by stlegends on
    edited December 1969

stlegends said:
    bluto said:
    im not really sure if i am going to let this one loose for all to use or not . chime in i might be persuaded

Was Bluto's magnificent security outfit released? If so, I must have missed it, and I apologize - where can I find it? I only need security body-armor and the white engineering hazard-suit (the one that Scotty wears at the beginning of TMP, with the black self-sealing collar, that Gorkon's assassins wore with a helmet in TUC). Other than that, the preparations are almost on-schedule with this December's launch of the Enterprise-A webcomic. As always, all help and advice are humbly appreciated, and full credit will gladly be given. I'm trying my best to update the site for this series every Sunday, at www.ncc-1701-a.net if you want to see what I've done so far. Thanks to everybody that posts on here; I love keeping up with this forum and learning from you all.

Live long and prosper. :)

I don't think he has released it yet. But you can get more views of what it looks like in my new graphic novel:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/NT10-An-Empire-to-Build-459860655

• stlegendsstlegends Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

I have already read it - if I can achieve even half the quality that you've achieved in your graphic novel, then I'll be happy. Yours is EXCELLENT work!! :D

This discussion has been closed.