Twinmotion renders

123457»

Comments

• Sci Fi Funk said:

I saw this video yesterday. It's a pretty good New Orleans set right? Thanks for the tour.

I've had to stop for a while as my old machine just refuses to run Win 10 reliably. I have a new machine on order. When it arrives I'll contribute to this thread again.

yes, sadly for Slosh's income but fortunately for mine which is also meagre (less than our Dole/jobstarter) I managed to buy two of the 4 at a time on heavily discounted sales,  

Instead of saving for a fridge blush

I never knew I needed a New Orleans scene untill I saw them in the sales cheeky

probably not something I will render much but it is a nice set so had to at least use it once!

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

Yes, well you brought it to life and made it bustle with the cars and people,and that's what it needed. Nice one. I didn't realise they were a set of DAZ products. I see them now under sloshwerks shop.

Yep - I can totaly relate to buying 3d stuff vs a fridge. It's an expensive past time when you add it all up. Especially when new hardware is also required. I fought like a crazy to make my old machine work with windows 10, but having eliminated just about everything else, I think it's the old motherboard, so the end was nigh. Money gone.

Then there are the 3d assets "Now, I'll just get that because I'm probably going to NEED it in the future and it's 70% off". etc etc. he he.

Anyway, I'm getting 3d withdrawal symptoms. You'll know when it's arrived. This thread will be populated with a SciFi Funk Video. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,830
    edited February 2021

going by Youtube 3 out of 8 people disliked that video

so obviously not a popular topic

maybe because I am not American, to me it just is a cool model but it might have social connetations to it as a real place

I may try editing signage for future use so it need not be New Orleans as that architecture certainly found elsewhere 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited February 2021

It's your call, I thought it was a pretty good demo, one of your better ones.

Youtube can be a strange place, once a bit of negativity creeps in on a video it's as if the trolls think "Great! An opportunity to drag someone down", and they pile in. Then there is Youtubes own bizzare censoring and ownership challenges, plus the fact that they welched on thier original promise to pay with increased thresholds. Then they theatened the creators with massive fines (over coppa laws), so they turned on the very people who built up Youtube in the first place. I'm done with it.

I say we should do what we feel like doing, we are artists, that's how we tick. End of rant. :)

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on
    edited February 2021

yeah it now has half dislikes and I can only conclude it is the subject as I have countless uploads of populated 3D sets that don't have any dislikes.

maybe some find it distasteful or something because I am an outsider, who knows, since I have comments disabled I have no way of knowing,

the signs are all on one texture for each quarter so easily edited and all the buildings separate so I may mix and match them with other urban sets so less New Orleans

If it's 50-50 it will tip against you. I made a helpful video once that so incensed people that even when I disabled comments (and I think lkes/dislikes), a couple of them took the time to seek me out on facebook and complain there!

I never reply to trolls, but just thought I'd mention it. You might find out what the issue is. My best guess is that some people are still touchy after the place was flooded by Storm Katrina, but I don't really know as that was years ago.

edited March 2021

some of my PC+ for the day grabs, the structures at least, Twinmotion foliage

• Hallo, I am an Architect and I am using the full version of twinmotion since 2018 for ArchViz. Since last year more Lumion and Enscape because TM went instable when used with synchronized  CAD. These programs do have all LiveConnections to our CAD Program ArchiCAD. Thats Important for us, because of the constant changing during Design process of a building. Just to tell a little bit of me...

Now the stability in TM became better so I use it more again.

Now my question:

I wanted to import a Posed DAZ character using FBX export.

Import into TM worked, the only thing is: G8f is in BASE Pose.

i tried several Export variations but I had no luck.

How do you Export from daz to bring in a posed Daz character to TM ?

Norventaar said:

Hallo, I am an Architect and I am using the full version of twinmotion since 2018 for ArchViz. Since last year more Lumion and Enscape because TM went instable when used with synchronized  CAD. These programs do have all LiveConnections to our CAD Program ArchiCAD. Thats Important for us, because of the constant changing during Design process of a building. Just to tell a little bit of me...

Now the stability in TM became better so I use it more again.

Now my question:

I wanted to import a Posed DAZ character using FBX export.

Import into TM worked, the only thing is: G8f is in BASE Pose.

i tried several Export variations but I had no luck.

How do you Export from daz to bring in a posed Daz character to TM ?

you have to do obj export for posed figures ( and I rotate them upsidedown as TM inverts the axis, use Y axis) 

• Thank you!

Which are the best settings in Export dialogue?

untick the quote texture paths but keep the one for original paths ticked unless you really want to collect maps

you may want to for editing jpg's into png with alpha because Twinmotion cannot use a separate opacity map

mostly eyelash and hair cards need this

I import both as layers in Gimp, select the black part of the opacity map by colour, merge layers, set transparency if it isnt aready in the layer then cut the selected layer, export as png

• Thank you very much!

I started a new YouTube Channel that probably will mostly feature Twinmotion Renders of DAZ sets.

It is one of those ambient relaxing ones but not just one still camera shot like most (and not as long, average videos under half an hour)

this one a bit humourus 

a more relaxing one

one with Carrata as well as Twinmotion 

Ye Olde Magic Shoppe

• haven't shared one in a while and they have a new early access beta

but I don't have a rig that supports the new Path Tracing

Wendy et al,

An update on Twinmotion, now on it's 2022 release.

1. Path Tracing. Whilst it can work wonders (at a cost of speed), it's currently in the very early stages, with a number of elements missing, so whilst I'm very glad it's here, I won't be using it this release. (see my note about night lighting as to why).

2. 3dconnexxion mouse. That's huge for me. Now I can fly around the scenes as I do in DAZ - saves editing time, allows for natural fly throughs, and just makes the whole process fun.

3. New assets. The libaray continues to grow making this ever more useful. However for us DAZ people it's the DAZ IMPORT that is key. It still works just fine, but I've come to agree with Wendy that OBJ import (invert X axis, export as a single model), is the most reliable.

4. LIGHTING. I've realised that this thing (in live rendering mode) ROCKS when it comes to night scenes. The reason is the same as for DAZ3D, once you take out ambient light and use spotlights, neon, area lights etc then it casts shadows. Your own imagination does the rest. Stonemason environments, a bit of kit bashing with DAZ's Geometry editor and Twinmotion lighting up the night - A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN.

I'm attempting to produce a DAZ overlay on Twinmotion back ground Animation right now. Deadline end of this tax year (so April 4th). I will publish here and everywhere else on the net around that time.

new paid version can import animation

Community noncommercial demo version with watermark

Wow - Wendy, you just made my day! I've been waiting for this for a few years now. I took a gamble with the paid version a while back just for this so that animation can be achieved with near instant rendering. I'll check out the details, but a great day!

yeah will cost me because I got my up to 2022 vesion for free as was beta tester but since you bought the paid one later unsure about you, you may get it cheaper at lleast

but since Epic Games is apparently losing money, maybe not cheeky

Yeah. I just read this (2023.1) is the last free upgrade, then 2023.2 will be a paid upgrade.  Hopefully at a discount.

edited October 2023

Filament still the better choice for me for DAZ content alone as one can use Dforce etc

but tried this so could get an idea how the realtime render looks

DAZ iray definitely faster than TM pathtracing but it's a turtle race cheeky

it will be great for mixing TM content and features with DAZ content though

Unreal Engine still the best choice but I lost all my projects on a failed drive so it will be some time before I get back to using that crying

Great. With Twinmotion I turn pathtracing off, then rendering is near instantaneous. Of course worse, but the point is to chuck out content quicker. Happy days are (almost) here!

edited March 13

is going to be free again if you or your company earns less than a million 

https://www.twinmotion.com/en-US/news/we-are-updating-twinmotion-pricing-in-late-april

Congratulations! That's awesome. For me though somewhat annoying - I've spent £600+ on keeping my copy up to date in order to be able to import FBX animations. However things are changing so fast. The future is probably going to be AI. I know it's not editable right now which is why DAZ et al are still useful, but it was explained to me that AI works on formula then refinements to the formula, which is why SORA and the like can produce images so fast - it's not loading in the assets and calculating in real time, a lot of the calc is optimised up front, indeed even within it's knowledge of the world.  I'm using Stable Diffusion (local copy) with ComfyUI. Daz is now only useful to train it or provide it with specific models. Right now SD is free so that is a win for all.

I use Automatic 1111 much the same way (I hate nodes) but in Visions of Chaos's environment as the self contained builds all refuse to see my Nvidia card due to my nonstandard hardware set up

I bet a lot of people are annoyed they paid for TM

D|S 4.22 Beta has some FBX import improvements BTW too

many tools in the toolbox are always good, I am actually using DAZ studio now more than I ever did but lots of other softwares with it

Ah great! I thought you would be involved in AI somehow. I'm not a nodes fan either - I forced my aging brain to overcome my reticence and now at least I have a modest grasp of how to do things. Enough to be chucking out video at a faster pace than DAZ and Twinmotion - especially given the scene set up time is reduced dramatically. However - these things go in cycles. One day DAZ will render faster and improve on animation (I really hope so). 13 years of asset collection down the drain otherwise! (Insert shock emoji here). 

Sci Fi Funk said:

Ah great! I thought you would be involved in AI somehow. I'm not a nodes fan either - I forced my aging brain to overcome my reticence and now at least I have a modest grasp of how to do things. Enough to be chucking out video at a faster pace than DAZ and Twinmotion - especially given the scene set up time is reduced dramatically. However - these things go in cycles. One day DAZ will render faster and improve on animation (I really hope so). 13 years of asset collection down the drain otherwise! (Insert shock emoji here). 

there are other threads for that but yep

video by me

Great work!

downloaded latest for free!

Looks good! Plus it was waaay faster than Daz to render, albiet with some compromise in quality. I'd love it if DAZ could offer the same option too one day. Meanwhile AI animation moves on at a pace...