Twinmotion renders

Comments

• LasciareLasciare Posts: 184

I was on this website:

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/twinmotion

I thought it was the Twinmotion website, but I realize it was the Unreal Engine website. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,784
    Lasciare said:

I was on this website:

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/twinmotion

I thought it was the Twinmotion website, but I realize it was the Unreal Engine website. 

yes Unreal Engine has Alembic import but I use FBX myself

its also free 

Can you import animation with FBX in Twinmotion?

Lasciare said:

Can you import animation with FBX in Twinmotion?

no

cannot import anything but static mesh as of now

Then, the only solution seems to make a composite animation.

There are some free software you can use for that.

Lasciare said:

Then, the only solution seems to make a composite animation.

There are some free software you can use for that.

Well I have if you look at my posts imported avi footage with alpha on planes

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited October 2019

Just Twinmotion People

I've done nothing but go through all your videos and am fascinated. They're amazing.  Are all the ppl 'recycled'? Seem like the same groups show up off and on. Is that a thing you have to do yourself, or can you download pre-grouped ppl? You're so great at this.

I have to say, I'm fixated on the twinmotion people video. The minute I saw it, I flew back to some C+C Music Factory, and 2 Unlimited from back in the day of techno and dance clubs. (Sherman, set the wayback machine). Now I've been sitting here playing different tracks from them while watching your video.  Yeah I know, I'm easy to please.
    wink

Post edited by sapat on

They are preloads 

there are cars, cyclists and people paths you just plot the path and it follows terrains 

the people one has 3 race options and a few clothing options as in streetwear, officewear, beach wear, MiddleEastern.

you can control density speed and if two way or single file

the individual people can be loaded as props with looping animation choices too and clothing colour options 

the animals only have one animation each

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

They are preloads 

there are cars, cyclists and people paths you just plot the path and it follows terrains 

the people one has 3 race options and a few clothing options as in streetwear, officewear, beach wear, MiddleEastern.

you can control density speed and if two way or single file

the individual people can be loaded as props with looping animation choices too and clothing colour options 

the animals only have one animation each

cool, thx

• REIVAXREIVAX Posts: 70
    edited October 2019

Hello you can import obj fbx

artlantis format

textures animated

All import

Nota Ps: Twinmotion est un logiciel de rendu architectural en temps réel développé par la société française KA-RA

https://archigrind.fr/twinmotion-2019-test/

Post edited by REIVAX on

Yes but for now FBX is also static

maybe that will change the paid version 

3D warehouse models in skp format import very well too

edited October 2019

Have you try DAE

https://twinmotion.abvent.com › help › importdock

Traduire cette page

You can alternatively click on the Import File icon, or simply drag and drop your files into the dock area. Click on the selection area to open a window to browse and to select your file(s). Twinmotion can import .FBX, .DAE , .SKP , .C4D and .DWG files. For Revit, there is a dedicated plug-in.

Post edited by REIVAX on
    edited October 2019
    REIVAX said:

Have you try DAE

https://twinmotion.abvent.com › help › importdock

Traduire cette page

You can alternatively click on the Import File icon, or simply drag and drop your files into the dock area. Click on the selection area to open a window to browse and to select your file(s). Twinmotion can import .FBX, .DAE , .SKP , .C4D and .DWG files. For Revit, there is a dedicated plug-in.

Not animated though

one could I guess import with the hierarchy options and animate the textures to create the illusion of movement on parts with opacity etc and use the paths this could work for mechanical things

laugh I cannot add functionality to a program that isn't there

its good for what it does for free for other things I use iClone, UE4 and of course my DAZ programs 

its like trying to get animation into Bryce!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

hello answer by my Son develloper in capgemini.you can't open animated file for now.

well actually you can

obj series and using phases and visibility

a slightly less radical change between poses

better hurry if you want it free

edited November 2019

Well the free ride is overcrying

those who grabbed it before today are good to goyes

is actually at the time I post this still free but officially supposed to be for sale so ......

• WandererWanderer Posts: 956

I would just like to note, if anyone else is interested, since I was away from art for so long I almost entirely missed this. Installed Studio and Twinmotion on my and my daughter's computers yesterday and this morning, so it was still free and beta and all that as of about 4:30 a.m. Eastern. 

Where is a good resource for learning the technique of exporting from Daz to use in Unreal Studio/Twinmotion? I appreciate you posting this thread, but I missed the links if you already shared (sorry if so).

I wonder if they are going to let it slide for a few more days. There's supposed to be a big freebie release in a few days, so maybe they are waiting for that?

edited November 2019

Also, if they don't want links posted in the forums to off-site info, I'm all ears/eyes if anyone would be kind enough to send me a note through the PM system. I really want to learn how to get this up and running quickly.

I found a post over there. (removed link so as not to offend the gods of Daz) They say it remains free until end of November, but don't know if that's official announcement.

Post edited by Wanderer on
  • yes sorry I removed my link from my first post in case as did not want the thread to go.

Even though I am not affiliated just a user like you unsolicited links are not permitted, art and renders are, this was in the freebie thread and I moved it.

Not much info out there, I am pretty much sharing stuff as I discover it, will be sharing a few more things I found today later when I render it up into a video.

Namely custom paths with stuff parented.

edited November 2019

the video I spoke of

using custom paths

you replace the cube with something else in your library 

the people like the girl diving need a primitive with a png alpha texture under them to use the PhysX or they will sit half way

I also used one under my busload of passengers again a saved group with the primitive

fascinating stuff... I will have to see what I may learn from trial and error.

• There are some video series on YouTube

but I find the guy doing them loud and noxious

I can answer any questions I know here

• free to own this version  forever period extended until end of November

• I signed up for an account, and installed it but I have a crappy 5 year old laptop right now, without enough space or power to handle it unfortunately. I don't see a way to download an installer for later installation. Any idea if I will be able to re-download for free at a future date, like in january, if I already have an account? Or do I have to physically have the software installed on one specific PC in order to keep ownership of it?

• I think you can if in your account