Shows That Inspire Animations

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,236

..and it's humor that I like! I'm not a big fan of comedies, as Garstor and evilproducer found out when visiting. Many modern comedies irk me and I just cannot watch.

Firefly comedy was just Fun!

I also love the Western/Sci-Fi blend. Very well executed! The show also got Rosie and me inspired to learn a bit of Mandarin! Rosie's absolute favorite comedy moment (well, it's her favorite scene period) is in "Objects in Space", when the bounty hunter is floating away in space at the end and says into his com: "Well... here I am...."

She laughs her tush off at that every time - even waits rather impatiently for it to get to that part!

Once or twice a year we have a Firefly/Serenity marathon - but I watch it by myself more often than that.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

How about an Aussie production?  We're watching "Glitch", three seasons starting in 2016: "Six people return from the dead with no memory and attempt to unveil what brought them to the grave in the first place."  7.4 @ IMDB, but not a lot of votes, apparently not well known worldwide.  But its on Netflix and well worth a look.  Good writing, good acting, good production, got a lot of AACTA Awards (Australia).  We're just getting to the end of Season 1, so no spoilers, please.

..and it's humor that I like! I'm not a big fan of comedies, as Garstor and evilproducer found out when visiting. Many modern comedies irk me and I just cannot watch.

Firefly comedy was just Fun!

I also love the Western/Sci-Fi blend. Very well executed! The show also got Rosie and me inspired to learn a bit of Mandarin! Rosie's absolute favorite comedy moment (well, it's her favorite scene period) is in "Objects in Space", when the bounty hunter is floating away in space at the end and says into his com: "Well... here I am...."

She laughs her tush off at that every time - even waits rather impatiently for it to get to that part!

Once or twice a year we have a Firefly/Serenity marathon - but I watch it by myself more often than that.

Here is the great scene Dartanbeck is talking about:

• just WOW

just WOW

Well put.  Reminds me of a favorite line in the old TV comedy "Frasier".  Frasier is going on one of his patriotic rants in his high rise apartment when a huge US flag drops over the entire balcony window.  His brother Niles, sitting on the couch and watching, asks, "How did you do that?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Frasier/comments/3c3ms2/happy_4th_of_july/

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

remember 'the crow' movie?  it had a style.

Apparently correct about "The Crow", per Roger Ebert: "It is a stunning work of visual style ...evoking a world where the bizarre reality, not the story, is the point ... " 

I should probably watch it ... 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Animator talks about drawing the inbetween

"Animator talks about drawing the inbetween"

Very impressive.  But I have to admit I would never have the patience (or talent) to do anything even close.  I get impatient when the computer can't do frames in less than ten seconds. angry

i used to be happy with a minute a frame, had to turn off sub surface scattering.

remember the poser fast scatter node? smiley

there was an old expression, they used t say the camera loves her.  how do you make a figure ham it for the camera?

i can't see the little triangles on the keyframes

• postwork, matt painting, shadowcatch we can do this cheeky

More Ultraman.  This clip collection is the best!

Not to be confused with The Space Giants.

And don't confuse with Spectreman

Nor Johnnie Sokko and His Flying Robot

My wife & I just finished "The Queen's Gambit" on Netflix, a very good short series.  We had both read the book many years ago, but have forgotten most of the details.  As a hobby chess player and a fan of major league chess, I enjoyed the presentation of the chess "world".  Former world chess champion Garry Kasparov was a consultant, but I think mostly about the details of scene setups, player movements, etc. - there were not many times the overall position on the board was shown.  There are some great stories about chess that I think would make good animations, e.g. Lord Dunsany was a good chess player and wrote some very good chess short stories (as discussed in the Forum recently, the Best Fantasy Books thread).  I took a shot at a short animation with a chess game featured - if you're interested, the position at ~3:58 is White to mate in one.

kangaRooo peopleenlightened

Tank Girl

Roger Ebert on "Tank Girl": "Here is a movie that dives into the bag of filmmaking tricks and chooses all of them."  Funny stuff.

On chess animations, I forgot to mention "Geri's Game" by Pixar, 7.9 at IMDB and winner of the Oscar for Animated Short.  Geat character animation, as always with Pixar:

edited December 2020

those aeon overdrive punches pack a lot of hurt.

Shiva is totally gorgeous

trying to figure out why FFvii Sephiroth is so mesmerizing.  is it all in his attitude?

i love sephiroth, but was more emotional of zack.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 2020

pretty lighting for a very pretty horsie

this could be easily done in carrara, if you can hit the high notes  lol

edited December 2020

ever see the movie 'Dark City'

difficult to say anything without spoilers, was kinda a masterpiece

i like Tifa, and Aerith and Cloud.  3 likeable characters

I feel so embarrassed for Cloud.  He 's dancing at the honey bee inn.  and they dressing him up in anime girl drag.  he looks pissed off.  blush

• I am still enraptured by the architecture of the Souls games especially these remakes

I only watch YouTube videos as not a gamer but reckon I could spend hours just exploring and admiring the modelling and textures if I owned them

school house rock.  i'm 57 now and still remember these tunes.  used to play betweenthe saturday morning cartoons in the 70s

very pretty clever to put edumacation to catchy music

now thats a sleigh ride.

lol  sleigh has wing fins heart

character Vincent Valentine
    Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII - All Cutscenes/ The Movie (Remastered) 1080p

• not this one ...

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not this one ...

1.8 @ IMDB, the lowest I recall seeing.  Like the comment, "They're being attacked by a Win95 screensaver!"  cheeky

edited December 2020

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not this one ...

Tickled my funny bone.

birds.jpg
    584 x 765 - 70K
    Post edited by Diomede on

lol.  angry birds