Doors! Give us doors!

124»

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

You want doors?  Please see yourself out.  The doors on the left will take you where you need to go.

• StoicStoic Posts: 131
    Sevrin said:

You want doors?  Please see yourself out.  The doors on the left will take you where you need to go.

Off-camera external elevator perhaps?

Either that or we just discovered where Hawkman secretly lives.

• the inescapable hedge maze?

• I know this thread is generally for showcasing a lack of doors, this set has plenty of functioning room doors. And sliding balcony doors   too.

https://www.daz3d.com/1stb-one-bedroom-downtown-condo-apartment

the inescapable hedge maze?

I think the clump at the bottom is another arbor.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Was interested for a sec...in fast grabs...

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

I have this strong urge to release a building at some point that has, like, dozens of doors all over the place

The floor, ceiling, ...

• I have seen a garden shed made entirely out of old doors. The roof was an old metal garage door, while all the walls were old doors. Only one door worked. Astonishingly enough, given my propensities, it wasn't even mine.

Regards,

Richard

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Hahahaha, that's awesome.

• Sven Dullah said:

And that one, an easy, obvious, natural place to put a door would have been over there on the lower right in the picture, next to the plant in the corner.  Wouldn't be tht hard to snag a door from one of the build-a-room type of kits, though.  In fact, I've done that at least once.

On a different note, I recently bought Feeling, by Human, and decided to rez the scene just to see what the nature of the doors were in it, and where they went, and stuff.  Amusingly, Feelings has... like... a bazillion doors in it.  And they all open!  :D :D  Most of them open into empty space, but its trivially easy to just slap some more walls, floor and ceiling over there, or insert another existing room.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Sven Dullah said:

And that one, an easy, obvious, natural place to put a door would have been over there on the lower right in the picture, next to the plant in the corner.  Wouldn't be tht hard to snag a door from one of the build-a-room type of kits, though.  In fact, I've done that at least once.

On a different note, I recently bought Feeling, by Human, and decided to rez the scene just to see what the nature of the doors were in it, and where they went, and stuff.  Amusingly, Feelings has... like... a bazillion doors in it.  And they all open!  :D :D  Most of them open into empty space, but its trivially easy to just slap some more walls, floor and ceiling over there, or insert another existing room.

See, way I look at it Human made the right call with that. I hate it when you have doors that don't open. Don't need detailed backgrounds, hell, don't need any, just something you can pose someone stepping out of without having to resort to choping up models and optical trickery.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    Doesn't Feeling have stairs that go nowhere? I mean visibly nowhere as opposed to the other, disguised nowhere.
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,066
    edited March 2021

Yep:

Probably a good view, though. Seems like a somewhat excessive level of building space to occupy just for a view. And how would one dust under those stairs?

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

richardandtracy said:

Yep:

Probably a good view, though. Seems like a somewhat excessive level of building space to occupy just for a view. And how would one dust under those stairs?

Regards,

Richard.

Oh, I don't know... My cats would love it...

• So would mine, and it was them creating the dust & loose fur I was thinking of when I mentioned the dusting. They'd adore having a human inaccessible space in the house, though.

Regards,

Richard.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

richardandtracy said:

So would mine, and it was them creating the dust & loose fur I was thinking of when I mentioned the dusting. They'd adore having a human inaccessible space in the house, though.

Regards,

Richard.

One might imagine a mechanism to fold/collapse/rotate the stairs up wink

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

certaintree38 said:

Doesn't Feeling have stairs that go nowhere? I mean visibly nowhere as opposed to the other, disguised nowhere.

See, I have no problem with that. Practically you can hide the stairs if you don't need them and use it as a lit cubby space.

Or you can hide the class and put another room up there.

It presents options while not denying you them. That's what I like.

richardandtracy said:

Yep:

Regards,

Richard.

A roomba would probably fit. 

• That was a new one on me. Yes it would fit.

• certaintree38 said:

Yeah, from the angle of that render, it does look like the stairs simply end right up against a window.  I actually saw that, too.... so was pleased when, upon rezzing the scene and caming around i there, I found the stairs actually DO lead to a sort of ante-room/short hallway space up there, with doors off it.

And yeah, I also noticed that bunch of empty space under the stairs that someone else here mentioned, and I wondered what someone does if a kid drops his toy down there or something. :D :D