DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.1.33 General Release, Now Available

1235»

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I can't be bothered with the betas, one version of DS at a time is enough to contend with most times. Most of the things they want people to test is stuff I rarely touch.

CHEERS!

I'm using the current beta. For the most part, things are working better, most problems I was having are fixed, and the latest beta installs without overwriting the general release, so I can use either one.
    And no one has asked me to test anything. You only report problems you're having if you want to, much like we're doing in this thread.
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 2013

Barubary said:

Previous DS version was 4.6.0.18 - I think I skipped a few updates. The genesis.dsf is actually gone (along with some other files from the data/DAZ 3D/Genesis folder) which is the part that bothers me so much. I usually don't touch the data folder and if it wasn't the new DS version that killed those files then it must have been Gremlins.

And I hate Gremlins.

Did you use the DIM to download the update, that has been known to put files in odd places.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

I'm using the current beta. For the most part, things are working better, most problems I was having are fixed, and the latest beta installs without overwriting the general release, so I can use either one.
    And no one has asked me to test anything. You only report problems you're having if you want to, much like we're doing in this thread.

That's fair enough,

I'd just like to make use of the latest version and take advantage of all the fixes that way.

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    And I hate Gremlins.

...I thought it was a great holiday film. ;-)

[ducks & covers]

edited December 2013

...CMS just crapped out on me today for no reason. Worked fine last night.

Didn't make any changes to the application.

Updated my GPU's drivers (was getting the display blackouts in FF again) and Flash player this morning, but those shouldn't have killed the CMS.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

I had to install Flash on my new Windows 7 machine a few weeks ago... I can't remember if it was for CMS or something else. But it may have been CMS or Studio.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I had to install Flash on my new Windows 7 machine a few weeks ago... I can't remember if it was for CMS or something else. But it may have been CMS or Studio.

No, I don't think DS or CMS requires Flash -- Poser 8+ does.

edited December 1969

...so, how do I fix this?

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:

Barubary said:

Previous DS version was 4.6.0.18 - I think I skipped a few updates. The genesis.dsf is actually gone (along with some other files from the data/DAZ 3D/Genesis folder) which is the part that bothers me so much. I usually don't touch the data folder and if it wasn't the new DS version that killed those files then it must have been Gremlins.

And I hate Gremlins.

Did you use the DIM to download the update, that has been known to put files in odd places.

CHEERS!

nah, I'm still using the trusty old downloading of zip files and then organizing the content myself. :D

Post edited by Barubary on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Sounds like your Database error'ed out. Try Resting your Database.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    I'm gonna guess you meant "Resetting".
    But maybe database is tired, I dunno.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...and how do I do that? This is the first time I've ever had this occur.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...and how do I do that? This is the first time I've ever had this occur.
    This sounds like it might be your problem, KK. Read through and see what you think.
    It happened to me once, and was due to a "corrupt database".
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22686/
    edited December 1969

...Checked the thread. Then checked to Windows Task Manager where it shows with a "running" status in the Services tab however it does not appear the processes tab at all. Reopened the application and the blu highlighting (indicating content with metadata) is back again. and the Products/Categories selections are working again.

Awfully weird.

I wonder if that had anything to do with the parenting/posing ills I was experiencing.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 2013

Greetings,

Kyoto Kid said:
    Reopened the application and the blu highlighting (indicating content with metadata) is back again. and the Products/Categories selections are working again.

Awfully weird.

I wonder if that had anything to do with the parenting/posing ills I was experiencing.

In short, probably. I haven't even heard what the problem is, but if your CMS isn't running then auto-parenting doesn't work in some cases. (Specifically I've seen it most with Genesis characters; not sure about Gen2, as I don't feel like I've run into it there.)

So normally you select your Genesis, double-click your object, and it 'applies' to that object (hair fits on the head, clothes fit on the body, or try to auto-fit if they aren't made for that generation/character). When CMS isn't running, the object just pops in at its 'home' location, and you have to go to Parameters / Misc / Fit To... and select the character.

Happens to me all the time.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

...what I was getting was after I manually parented hair content (gen4) to my G2F Leela Child character and then tried to use a pose, it was as if the bones for the collar and shoulder joints remained in the "T" pose.

Still odd that today the CMS works again and I did nothing to fix it.

edited December 1969

That can happen with items Parented to Genesis figures when the Item parented is a Conforming item. It is much better to Autofit all Conforming items to the Genesis figures. You can then position and scale and often even morph the item once converted. The Autofit tool is much better now than it once was.

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

Just an idea for developer around "auto fit"

I suggest a provisory solution to use V4 shoes/boots on genesis/Gensis2

instead to adapt/convert V4 shoes on Genesis feet, could be useful to convert genesis feet before apply v4 shoes!

anyway, it need urgent a solution to auto fit for v4 shoes!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

cm152335 said:
    Just an idea for developer around "auto fit"

I suggest a provisory solution to use V4 shoes/boots on genesis/Gensis2

instead to adapt/convert V4 shoes on Genesis feet, could be useful to convert genesis feet before apply v4 shoes!

anyway, it need urgent a solution to auto fit for v4 shoes!

I found this to work well: http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/art/A-Reminder-on-Autofitting-Shoes-to-Genesis-2-412985230

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That can happen with items Parented to Genesis figures when the Item parented is a Conforming item. It is much better to Autofit all Conforming items to the Genesis figures. You can then position and scale and often even morph the item once converted. The Autofit tool is much better now than it once was.

...longer hair (such as Andy Hair) tends to distort when the character is posed after Fit To/Autofit is applied. That is why I manually fit and parent hair for older generation figures. As with clothing content, once hair is fitted/autofitted to the figure, the transition and rotation sliders do nothing to reposition it when selected as a whole (not one of the individual bones within).

Never had this issue occur until a couple days ago.

edited December 2013

For distortion you Select the Hair and Check the HIDDEN morphs applied to the Hair from the Figure mesh (use Parameters Show Hidden) then select Currently USED. Any morphs from the figure you dial back to Zero or until you are happy.

I happily MOVED the Cuffed Tail 2 autofited to my M6 after autofit. I just selected the Hair and positioned as needed and scaled to fit. But maybe not all hairs play nice. I'm not a big collector of hair items.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

...interesting, the transition/rotation sliders have never worked for me after fitting hair or clothing to a figure with the "Fit To" command. They would work on the different bones in the within clothing or hair, but not on the full mesh itself.

edited December 1969

I used Autofit not fit to.

edited December 1969

..one still has to click on the "fit to" in order to bring up the Autofit dialogue. At least that is the way it works for me.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    I made a scene with Gia and she was wearing the Genesis Bikini, it all loaded fine and I rendered and saved the scene. Then, when I came to load it again, a message came up at the bottom of the screen to say it was applying a smoothing mesh and then the viewport went black. It only returned to normal when I turned mesh smoothing off on the bikini.

I haven't had the mesh smoother explosions in a while. When I did, they were all the result of using the PGE to delete faces from a mesh while mesh smoothing was enabled. I put in a BTS entry for this back when DAZ still had a functioning bug tracker, but I don't know if its been fixed or not. I haven't tried recently, and I haven't seen anything in the change logs to suggest it has been fixed.

However, with the current released version of DS (and at least the one prior), I've noticed a disturbing trend in autofit clothing not reloading properly when a scene is closed and then re-opened. Specifically, it's always been cases of Genesis clothing that was autofit onto G2F. When the scene is reloaded, it's like all the auto morph following is gone, and the clothing no longer fits properly/has lots of poke through. If I delete the clothing object and then add it back and let DS re-fit it again, it will again properly follow the shape of G2F. But then if you quit and reload, it's busted again. I've had this happen with several different Genesis items, so I don't think its specific to some particular 'bad' item. The Lorella outfit is one I specifically recall having this problem with, as I was working on the scene I used it in over the course of several days.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

With the new version of daz I've encountered an issue when I select both eyes at once and try to move them left and right only one eye moves. Not sure what causes this, and no problem doesn't exist between desk and chair...lol

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

With the new version of daz I've encountered an issue when I select both eyes at once and try to move them left and right only one eye moves.

If you're using parameter dials, are you seeing a (2) prefixed to the dial names with both eyes selected? I've come across problems like that manually spinning morphs for a sequence of body parts, when some parts have the same morphs in different subcategories, e.g. "morphs" and "Morph".
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Hmm. I don't recall. I will look and see. All I know, is I've never had this problem with daz before, and I've always adjusted the eyes multiply selecting them, and shifting them left and right.... And sometimes it works, and other times not.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ISTR you now have the option whether to combine dials with the same name or keep them separate, and one of those options causes the problem you're seeing.

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

With the new version of daz I've encountered an issue when I select both eyes at once and try to move them left and right only one eye moves. Not sure what causes this, and no problem doesn't exist between desk and chair...lol

Click with right mouse button on parameters tab and activate Consolidate Properties.