DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.1.33 General Release, Now Available

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Makes me wonder if there is some sort of data density/timing issue re sending data from the Studio interface to the receiving device driver. I've found that if I move the mouse very very slowly as I drag in parameters or viewport controls the disappearing pointer does not happen.

Mec4D said:
    I fixed the problem by changing the sensitivity of pen to higher and so far it works !

Mec4D said:
    I updated today to the general new release , and everything works smooth but each time I click my Intuos wacom pen the cursor vanishing and need to restart DS after to get it back for another 5 sec until I click something , I don't use mouse so it is pretty annoying
    I don;t have this issue before , it started after today DS update to the last build , any ideas ?
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981
    edited November 2013

I have come across a rather nasty unwelcome bug with this release. Was setting up a scene with Josie 6 / Genesis 2 clothed and what not and I would select the J6/G2F character I wanted in the scene tab and the do a Z translate and well Josie 6/G2F would stay where she originally was and that her hair and clothing would be the ones that were moved and there would be these weird lines stretching from the clothing to J6/G2F..

I would close down and restart Studio and reload the scene and it would still happen, in the end I had to use the current 4.6.2.233 beta release of Studio so that I could do what I wanted with the scene and render it was quite annoying..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Josie has been updated ... maybe (I had it with another figure and morphs) one of her morphs killed the z translate.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Josie has been updated ... maybe (I had it with another figure and morphs) one of her morphs killed the z translate.

Thank you for the info getting the updated files now, but what is odd is that the problem didn't show up in the current beta version but it did in the current release version..

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I am relying on this thread:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3885/
    Looks like the Starter Essentials have been updated too
    Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials (DIM) (Genesis 2 F) (DSON) (Notes: DIM updated: 11-18-2013 DSON Core & CF / 8-21-2013 Temps.)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:
    I have come across a rather nasty unwelcome bug with this release. Was setting up a scene with Josie 6 / Genesis 2 clothed and what not and I would select the J6/G2F character I wanted in the scene tab and the do a Z translate and well Josie 6/G2F would stay where she originally was and that her hair and clothing would be the ones that were moved and there would be these weird lines stretching from the clothing to J6/G2F..

I would close down and restart Studio and reload the scene and it would still happen, in the end I had to use the current 4.6.2.233 beta release of Studio so that I could do what I wanted with the scene and render it was quite annoying..

I've been having this problem as well, athough it can happen with Genesis 1 as well. The problem as I've experienced it can also affect posing a figure that has already had clothing/hair applied, after which the figure can not be reposed without the "weird lines" which appears to be the figure "exploding".
    I'm using 4.6.1.33, 64 bit. Sounds like I need to switch to the Beta.
    edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:
    Kerya said:

Thank you for the info getting the updated files now, but what is odd is that the problem didn't show up in the current beta version but it did in the current release version..
    Ghosty, Is the current Beta newer than the current general release?

• NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330
    edited November 2013

Question. I am trying to upgrade my version of Studio to the latest, I'm following instructions that I allow the Install Manager do it, but nothing is happening. I search for the Studio product in my library and I select the green button to have IM do it's thing, IM opens but nothing shows up in the ready to install area. I don't have the Essential Male items yet, so I went to do the same for those, and again, IM opens, but nothing shows up. It deleted my Essential G2 Female when I thought I might have to do that, put it back into the ready to download/install so it would install the latest version, but they're gone and I can't get IM to load them again. I've got the latest version of IM....so I'm stuck.

Also when I search my library at DAZ for Studio, it only shows up the version of Studio that I have 4.6.0.18, and it doesn't list the new version number.

Edit: Never fails, I spend some time trying to figure it out, I give up and post a message and within 5 minutes of posting I figured out what was going on. Apparently I needed to have a filter checked, or IM won't 'look' so I got the Genesis 2 female essentials back, now on to updating Studio...geeez

:roll:

Post edited by Nosiferret on
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

With this release categorize stop to works for me, and new installed products are empty. CMS and smart content works, also format folders. For example, old content for G2F is list in product, but new doesn't, G2M product folder is empty.

• NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330
    edited November 2013

When I finally got it to work, it only had G2 Female and Male essentials and default lights and shaders set in the ready to download in the DIM. If I go back and search for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6, in my library and I select download files with the Install Manager, the IM opens up but nothing is in the ready to download window. So when I open up DAZ Studio, my version is still showing 4.6.0.18 and not 4.6.1.33 So I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am obviously missing something. :(

Edit: Once again after posting I kind of solved it. DIM just didn't work for me, no matter how many times I selected download files using IM. Nothing would show up in IM to download. So I decided to manually download the whole program again, installed it, it removed the old version, and what do you know, I now have version 4.6.1.33 now as my version of DS. *shrug*

Post edited by Nosiferret on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ghosty12 said:
    Kerya said:

OK, answered my own question.
    edited November 2013

gilikshe said:
    With this release categorize stop to works for me, and new installed products are empty. CMS and smart content works, also format folders. For example, old content for G2F is list in product, but new doesn't, G2M product folder is empty.

Sometimes CMS has a habit of not running I have had those things happen and found that CMS was not running when it should have been..

tjohn said:
    tjohn said:
    ghosty12 said:

OK, answered my own question.

Cool. :) yeah have found that the textures in the scene in the manipulation window are slightly different in the Beta than they are in the Release.. If you look at the same scene in both version of Studio you will know. :)

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
    edited November 2013

ghosty12 said:
    gilikshe said:

Sometimes CMS has a habit of not running I have had those things happen and found that CMS was not running when it should have been..

My CMS is working. I saw windows services tab and it is active. All new content DAZ or non-DAZ is perfectly showed in format folders (DAZ and Poser) but categorize it or create a product or re-import metadata doesn't work. Smart content of previous installed stuff with daz metadata or custom metadata is working perfectly. Only stuff I installed after new realese of DS4 have problems.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    ghosty12 said:
    gilikshe said:

My CMS is working. I saw windows services tab and it is active. All new content DAZ or non-DAZ is perfectly showed in format folders (DAZ and Poser) but categorize it or create a product or re-import metadata doesn't work. Smart content of previous installed stuff with daz metadata or custom metadata is working perfectly. Only stuff I installed after new realese of DS4 have problems.

It sounds like the database is corrupt.

1) If you haven't exported user data recently, do that first, so you can restore the categories that are still working.
    2) Close DS and uninstall CMS.
    3) Reinstall CMS by running the installer in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\cms (if you have DIM installed) or by reinstalling DS. That will give you the latest CMS, which will reduce the chances of the problem recurring.
    4) Search for the file ContentDB.ind -- if you let CMS install to the default locations it will probably be in Program Files (x86) or ProgramData. I would search your entire hard drive with "Hidden and System Files" visible, in case you have more than one set of databases, which could also cause problems. That file is the index for the database.
    5) Stop CMS and delete ContentDB.ind, then start CMS and launch DS. Let DS rebuild the index -- it might take a minute or two.
    6) Scan for new content and categorize it.
    7) Close and restart DS, and see if the categorized items are staying. If they are, you should be good to go.
    8) If newly-categorized items are still disappearing, close DS, stop CMS, and delete all the files in the databases folder. Restart CMS, launch DS, and re-import metadata to get your user data back. It can take a long time, so don't panic if it seems to be taking a long time and the progress bar isn't moving.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    ghosty12 said:
    gilikshe said:

Yes it does, unfortunately.
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane is a slightly better way to deal with it.

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    ghosty12 said:
    gilikshe said:

1) If you haven't exported user data recently, do that first, so you can restore the categories that are still working.
    2) Close DS and uninstall CMS.
    3) Reinstall CMS by running the installer in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\cms (if you have DIM installed) or by reinstalling DS. That will give you the latest CMS, which will reduce the chances of the problem recurring.
    4) Search for the file ContentDB.ind -- if you let CMS install to the default locations it will probably be in Program Files (x86) or ProgramData. I would search your entire hard drive with "Hidden and System Files" visible, in case you have more than one set of databases, which could also cause problems. That file is the index for the database.
    5) Stop CMS and delete ContentDB.ind, then start CMS and launch DS. Let DS rebuild the index -- it might take a minute or two.
    6) Scan for new content and categorize it.
    7) Close and restart DS, and see if the categorized items are staying. If they are, you should be good to go.
    8) If newly-categorized items are still disappearing, close DS, stop CMS, and delete all the files in the databases folder. Restart CMS, launch DS, and re-import metadata to get your user data back. It can take a long time, so don't panic if it seems to be taking a long time and the progress bar isn't moving.

Thanks Very much, Mike. I didn't think in database corrupt because Smart content works without problems and CMS too. Only categorize and product with problem was very rare. Moreover I had forgotten this solution.

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    ghosty12 said:
    gilikshe said:

Yes it does, unfortunately.
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane is a slightly better way to deal with it.

I try stop/start CMS and re-import metadata, but I not considere/forgot rebuilt.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

I haven't touched my CMS since I first got DS4, I don't even use the Smart Content tab. I just use the normal libraries and DS has been fine with that side of things. I've found that sticking to the ways I know has saved me a ton of hassle.

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

I'm still having problems with parenting things.
    Parent an item to a hand or head and then preset poses only half work , this has been going on for several version now I really wish you would fix it.

...ran into the same last night after parenting Andy Hair to G2F. The odd thing is it worked the previous time (with the same character).
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    I'm still having problems with parenting things.
    Parent an item to a hand or head and then preset poses only half work , this has been going on for several version now I really wish you would fix it.

...ran into the same last night after parenting Andy Hair to G2F. The odd thing is it worked the previous time (with the same character).

Yea I've never quite figured it out, happens sometimes but not at others, its just really really really annoying when it does.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

After installing 4.6.1.33 I can't load the Genesis figure anymore. Says it can't find the Genesis.dsf in the data folder, where I am pretty sure it used to be. Now, I did not yet install the latest iteration of the Genesis Starter Essentials, but that doesn't mean that files should suddenly start disappearing from my hard drive, should it?

Thing is, I'm not sure if I need to start searching for viruses or just install the Genesis Starter Essentials. Again.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    After installing 4.6.1.33 I can't load the Genesis figure anymore. Says it can't find the Genesis.dsf in the data folder, where I am pretty sure it used to be. Now, I did not yet install the latest iteration of the Genesis Starter Essentials, but that doesn't mean that files should suddenly start disappearing from my hard drive, should it?

Thing is, I'm not sure if I need to start searching for viruses or just install the Genesis Starter Essentials. Again.

What was the previous version you had installed? Is genesis.dsf in fact still there?

edited December 2013

Here's an odd thing,

I made a scene with Gia and she was wearing the Genesis Bikini, it all loaded fine and I rendered and saved the scene. Then, when I came to load it again, a message came up at the bottom of the screen to say it was applying a smoothing mesh and then the viewport went black. It only returned to normal when I turned mesh smoothing off on the bikini. Has anyone else had this happen with any other Genesis clothing!?

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Here's an odd thing,

I made a scene with Gia and she was wearing the Genesis Bikini, it all loaded fine and I rendered and saved the scene. Then, when I came to load it again, a message came up at the bottom of the screen to say it was applying a smoothing mesh and then the viewport went black. It only returned to normal when I turned mesh smoothing off on the bikini. Has anyone else had this happen with any other Genesis clothing!?

CHEERS!

Yea I can't remember what but something exploded on me the other day.

edited December 1969

I thought mesh smoothing was supposed to work on all clothing though!?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I thought mesh smoothing was supposed to work on all clothing though!?

CHEERS!

Some stuff breaks up and odd stuff kinda explodes.

Sorry but I'm finding this build the worst to date.

edited December 1969

I haven't had anything else major happen. The betas are all in the 4.6.2's so at some point we will get a better general release version to reflect all the changes they've made with them.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I haven't had anything else major happen. The betas are all in the 4.6.2's so at some point we will get a better general release version to reflect all the changes they've made with them.

CHEERS!

I'm getting a lot of crashes that I didn't have before, the preset poses and parenting problem has popped up again, this exploding smoothing, odd little annoying things.

edited December 1969

I can't be bothered with the betas, one version of DS at a time is enough to contend with most times. Most of the things they want people to test is stuff I rarely touch.

CHEERS!

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:

What was the previous version you had installed? Is genesis.dsf in fact still there?

Previous DS version was 4.6.0.18 - I think I skipped a few updates. The genesis.dsf is actually gone (along with some other files from the data/DAZ 3D/Genesis folder) which is the part that bothers me so much. I usually don't touch the data folder and if it wasn't the new DS version that killed those files then it must have been Gremlins.

And I hate Gremlins.