DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.1.33 General Release, Now Available

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

...so does the DIM "know" what is "Software" so it installs to the correct location or do I need to specify the path as I do with content installs? Just don't want to make a total mess of things.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

Software is tagged as software and it looks in the path you specified for 32 bit and 64 bit

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

...thank you, Really wasn't sure about this and didn't want it going in the wrong place and corrupting everything. So doe the DIM automatically uninstall the previous version like the old .exe installers did, or do I need to do that first just to make sure there are no lingering bad elements from the previous install?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...thank you, Really wasn't sure about this and didn't want it going in the wrong place and corrupting everything. So doe the DIM automatically uninstall the previous version like the old .exe installers did, or do I need to do that first just to make sure there are no lingering bad elements from the previous install?

If the previous install was done with DIM, DIM will take care of uninstalling it.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Hrmph... for some reason, I had managed to hide the daz studio files in Dim, no wonder I couldn't see them *shakes head* either way, it is now downloaded and installed , and working just fine :)

Glad you figured it out. Happy rendering!
  • stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited November 2013

Oh boy, looks like we are headed for a few more pages of DIM woes. I notice that when these releases come out lately these problems popup and take over the thread in a ways. I had no problems myself as DIM updated automatically when it logged on, strange when it doesn't work for some others, great app IMHO and I hope it gets sorted out for those having issues.

Now back on topic.... does anyone know how to clear the render cache for the hardware assisted render?, it keeps crashing on me after one render(even in 64bit). I believe someone came up with a workaround, would be very happy to be pointed in the right direction.

I'm on this version of DAZ Studio Pro(4.6.1.33)

Windows Vista 64

Nvidia GT430

Thank's in advance.
    Edit: I found Adamr001's "Clear undo stack "script(someone posted it work's for DS 4.6), I'll give er' a try, hopefully it will help, will post later.

Post edited by stump3point1 on
  • stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Well, that did the trick,

Great work Adamr001!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spit said:
    It looks like the INSTALLATION tab is for the path to install/update Studio.

The APPLICATION tab is for the paths of applications for which you'll be installing CONTENT.

It was confusing at first but you have to think about it I guess. Perhaps this will be clarified in another DIM update. Hint Hint.

Your 360 degrees off here.. in a Win Os its Installation is the CONTENT path and App's are your Programs and Plugins paths as shown here...

Yeah, not the content path, you're right, but they are not for the same things. The confusion set in with someone saying DIM adds the DAZ 3D part while someone else was showing the long location on the Applications tab. As long as there is only through 'program files' under INSTALLATION it should be okay. I think someone may have put the long address in INSTALLATION tab too and thus ended up installing in daz3d/studio/daz3d/studio or somesuch.

• riccoptriccopt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I can't save aniblocks since the update, does anyone else have the same problem?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

riccopt said:
    I can't save aniblocks since the update, does anyone else have the same problem?
    Just tested this and I'm still able to save, create AniBlocks just as before. Has your AniMate plugin failed to regester?
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    riccopt said:
    Just tested this and I'm still able to save, create AniBlocks just as before. Has your AniMate plugin failed to regester?
    seems like ANIMATE2 is not registered... and for some reason i can't put the serial on it...
    I have removed DAZ, and reinstalled it using DIM... and not even that fixed the problem...
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thank you :-)

So far this edition seems to be working much better on my computer system and I can once again make "little people" :-)

I also noticed that some plugins were updated for this release and have installed them with no problems.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

riccopt said:
    Jaderail said:
    riccopt said:

seems like ANIMATE2 is not registered... and for some reason i can't put the serial on it...
    I have removed DAZ, and reinstalled it using DIM... and not even that fixed the problem...Have you checked in the About Installed Plugins menu in the Help menu? Any failed plugins will need un-installed and re-installed. Doing DAZ Studio will not fix the Plugins.
    edited November 2013

Jaderail said:
    riccopt said:
    Jaderail said:
    riccopt said:

I have removed DAZ, and reinstalled it using DIM... and not even that fixed the problem...Have you checked in the About Installed Plugins menu in the Help menu? Any failed plugins will need un-installed and re-installed. Doing DAZ Studio will not fix the Plugins.
    they are all green, maybe the problem is with my model... I will re-do it and see if that fixes the problem...
    maybe the problem was with the fact that there was no BONES on the model and I was just rotating it...
    Post edited by riccopt on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited November 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...wouldn't the install path be "C:/Programme Files/DAZ3D"?

Sounds like the path was set to "C:/Programme Files/DAZ3D/Studio 4"

The DAZ3D folder is added automatically.

...so what do I set the install path to then just so I don't get the conflict like User #4887 dealt with?

..and does this run the uninstaller of do I need to manually uninstall first?

Not about to deal with deleting corrupted files and messing with the registry because of a bad install.That depends on where you want it installed. For example the Default path is C:\Program Files\ This places DAZ Studio in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ Studio 4 and Carrara 8.5 in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Carrara8.5

If you want it in a DAZ 3D folder, elsewhere, then if you were to choose, for example choosing "H:\" it would get installed into H:\DAZ 3D\DAZ Studio 4 etc.

Once it is installed, if you tell Install Manager that DS is someplace else, Like H:\IDontLikeDefaultFolders\Studio4, then Install Manager will happily install there, for plug-ins and updates to DS.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited November 2013

I don't know if it was reported or not but when I click on something in Scene tab, the leftmost two column (visibility (V) and selection (S)) jump beyond the edge of screen and I have to move the bottom slider every time I want them back. I'm using Darkside CityLimits layout and style and this is very annoying thing that started to happen in this release only. It doesn't matter how wide or narrow my Scene tab is or if I have Input menu icons on the left of it. I prefer to turn visibility and selection through scene menu on objects and/or bodyparts and this 'vanishing trick' seriously affects my workflow.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    I don't know if it was reported or not but when I click on something in Scene tab, the leftmost two column (visibility (V) and selection (S)) jump beyond the edge of screen and I have to move the bottom slider every time I want them back. I'm using Darkside SityLimits layout and style and this is very annoying thing that started to happen in this release only. It doesn't matter how wide or narrow my Scene tab is or if I have Input menu icons on the left of it. I prefer to turn visibility and selection through scene menu on objects and/or bodyparts and this 'vanishing trick' seriously affects my workflow.
    It has not been reported. No, I haven't seen it.

How wide is your Scene Tab and how much of that width does your scene tree take up?

edited December 1969

I have 1920 widescreen monitor, the Scene tab is leftmost (input icon bar is off, but on or off it doesn't affect this behaviour), Scene tab is docked (but same bug happens in undocked too). The behaviour happens any time I click anything in scene tab - slider jumps to right, two leftmost columns (V and S), slide off the screen as a result. My scene tab starts to behave this way when any of the names in scene tab became cropped - it just seems to auto adjust itself to right by some reason, instead of staying still. It never did those jumps before. If I have a really long name in Scene tab or expand a long hierarchy, it starts to jump when my Scene tab takes 1/3-1/2 of of the screen, if I have very short names and/or don't expand any hierarchies, it still behaves well even if it is 1/6 of the screen or less. I think this jumping is tied to cropping of names in Scene tab somehow, not the size of the tab as it is.

edited December 1969

Um, also (again, I don't know if it was reported) the Tool icon bar (that you turn off in F3->Activities->Tools) seems to have looped blocks of icons that are repeated about five times or so and as a result this bar is very long (again, Darkside/City Limits)

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    I have 1920 widescreen monitor, the Scene tab is leftmost (input icon bar is off, but on or off it doesn't affect this behaviour), Scene tab is docked (but same bug happens in undocked too). The behaviour happens any time I click anything in scene tab - slider jumps to right, two leftmost columns (V and S), slide off the screen as a result. My scene tab starts to behave this way when any of the names in scene tab became cropped - it just seems to auto adjust itself to right by some reason, instead of staying still. It never did those jumps before. If I have a really long name in Scene tab or expand a long hierarchy, it starts to jump when my Scene tab takes 1/3-1/2 of of the screen, if I have very short names and/or don't expand any hierarchies, it still behaves well even if it is 1/6 of the screen or less. I think this jumping is tied to cropping of names in Scene tab somehow, not the size of the tab as it is.
    I didn't ask about the size of the tab, but the size of the tab, compared to the width of the contents of the tab.

So far I can not recreate it.

edited November 2013

I didn’t ask about the size of the tab, but the size of the tab, compared to the width of the contents of the tab.

Mm... can you elaborate what you mean "compared to the width of the contents of the tab"? If I load, say, default empty scene that only has Default Camera on, along with V and S columns the content (Default Camera icon and label) takes about 2/3 of the width of the Scene tab and no jumping occurs. If in the same very tab I load Jasmin Lighting Preset from this it has some really long names for lights like 'Diffuse Spotlight (Raytraced Shadows)' which take more than 100% of width of the tab, those names are are cropped to right automatically and then jumping of V and S columns occurs when I click on them.
    Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Some pictures (hope they'd load in order).
    First is a Scene tab with just Default Camera. No jumping.
    Second is same Scene tab with Jasmin Lights preset loaded. No jumping at first but when I click on some long-named lights, jump occurs (picture #3)

DefaultCameraandLightsinSceneTabJump.jpg
    252 x 689 - 21K
    DefaultCameraandLightsinSceneTab.jpg
    269 x 685 - 24K
    DefaultCamerainSceneTab.jpg
    467 x 681 - 35K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Looking at the scroll bar at the bottom of images #2 and #3 it looks like DS is 'adjusting' the scene tab to show as much of the name of the selected item as possible - which is causing the visible and selectable icons to scroll 'off screen'. If you need them, just scroll the window back, or resize the scene tab.

edited November 2013

SimonJM said:
    Looking at the scroll bar at the bottom of images #2 and #3 it looks like DS is 'adjusting' the scene tab to show as much of the name of the selected item as possible - which is causing the visible and selectable icons to scroll 'off screen'. If you need them, just scroll the window back, or resize the scene tab.

Yes, I noticed that slider jump and mentioned it in my posts as well.

Previously it wasn't doing that. To adjust slider every finking time I need visibility is a huge hassle and I don't want to resize the tab every time when I load anything with a long name or expand hierarchy, and then resize it back because it takes way to much of the screen. I'd rather have it behave like it did until last release, i.e. no jumping to the end of cropped names. It would save me a lot of time and frustration and will interrupt my creative process much less.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    That is exactly what it is doing.
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Can it stop doing this, please?
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    SimonJM said:

Can it stop doing this, please?It has always done this. Expand your Scene tab so the content name isn't wider than the scene tab and it won't do it anymore.
    edited November 2013

No, it wasn't. I'm very sure of it. Previously I had my Scene tab very narrow, and a lot of names were cropped, especially on longer expanded hierarchies, but the slider didn't jump to right.

I'll reinstall previous versions to be completely sure, give me a moment, but currently jumping feels like a unnecessary break in workflow.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited November 2013

Ok, I reinstalled 4.6.0.18 and it definitely doesn't do it. (picture #1)
    And 4.6.1.17 doesn't do it. (picture #2)

It only appeared in latest public release, 4.6.1.33 (I'm not sure about BETA 4.6.2.23). Can it be fixed back to what it always was, please, with no jumping to right?

StillDoesntDoIt.jpg
    225 x 674 - 20K
    DoesntDoIt.jpg
    217 x 731 - 20K
    Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    No, it wasn't. I'm very sure of it. Previously I had my Scene tab very narrow, and a lot of names were cropped, especially on longer expanded hierarchies, but the slider didn't jump to right.

I'll reinstall previous versions to be completely sure, give me a moment, but currently jumping feels like a unnecessary break in workflow.

It does the same thing and it has not changed. It is not something that could change by accident.