A well a bird bird flew off with my complaint thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Hey one of my images got chosen as one of the Daz Studio Forum staff picks of the week at Rendo!
    "The Blush On The Rose"

I takes my honors where I can gets 'em. :)

Very nice! Congratulations!

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    mann i'm really sick of the john and yoko christmas song.

not feeling christmassy, and it's only 21 days away. wouldn't mind some new year's champagne :) i like the frexeinet.

...riding home last night I couldn't believe how many people already have their holiday displays up. Yesterday was only the 2nd.

Speaking of holiday tunes, was talking with a friend yesterday about holiday travel and last she mentioned one time she was stuck on a plane that was forced to wait on the tarmac for a while sitting in the middle seat between two fairly hefty fellows one of whom was stuffing a goopy sandwich into his pie hole. To make her experience even more unbearable, on the plane's main vidsceen, they kept looping one of the Mannheim Steamroller holiday songs alternating with Michael Bolton singing White Christmas over, and over, and over.

...and people wonder why I don't like to fly during the holidays.

The MS I could handle, but Bolton is aural hell. :shut:

Bolton isn't that bad. And I really liked his version of Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay. OK, maybe that's the only one I can think of that I like. But I've heard much worse. That New Age stuff bores me to death, or nearly. I like sax, and jazz, but not so much Kenny Gee I'm Boring. :-P

Dana

Dana

hmmm a team up of Bolton and KGee?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Seems like our business only hire for minorities. A lot of the jobs you see in the paper state it.

...that too. I keep running into a fair number of job postings that I'd normally qualify for until I read further down in the description where it mentions one of the requirements is being bilingual.

...unfortunately German is not widely spoken in the Pacific Northwest.

maybe some would hire you to translate their graphic novels ?
    ...I'm way out of practise. Really haven't used it much since my early college days and that was forty years ago.

When I was growing up In Milwaukee WI, German was considered the region's "second language" followed by French (from the old fur traders and explorers of the18th & 19th century), Polish, Croatian, Serbian and Lithuanian (Russian). Spanish was down the list as back then most immigrants came from from Northern and Central Europe (including what became the Soviet Eastern Bloc).

Actually there are a number of cities and towns as well as lakes in the state that have French names.

The primary school I attended had German as a mandatory language starting in the 6th grade (the school was affiliated with the Wisconsin synod which was pretty much the old German Lutheran church). The church itself still held weekly services in German as well, and a number of students deemed proficient in the language participated in the German holiday service as well singing hymns and reciting the Weihnachtsgeschichte ("Christmas story"). Needless to say German was my choice of language in secondary school as I already came in with a pretty good handle on it After spending time as an exchange student in Germany I continued with it as a minor in college.

I imagine if I took a couple refresher night classes at the local community college It would come back to me again (I still find myself muttering and cursing in German from time to time).

Here in Portland, aside the now almost ubiquitous Spanish, Russian has become quite common even over Chinese, Viet, and Thai. There a large (and growing) community of Russian immigrants in Southeast and East Portland where many store signs are in Cyrillic.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

not feeling christmassy, and it's only 21 days away. wouldn't mind some new year's champagne :) i like the frexeinet.

...riding home last night I couldn't believe how many people already have their holiday displays up. Yesterday was only the 2nd.

Speaking of holiday tunes, was talking with a friend yesterday about holiday travel and last she mentioned one time she was stuck on a plane that was forced to wait on the tarmac for a while sitting in the middle seat between two fairly hefty fellows one of whom was stuffing a goopy sandwich into his pie hole. To make her experience even more unbearable, on the plane's main vidsceen, they kept looping one of the Mannheim Steamroller holiday songs alternating with Michael Bolton singing White Christmas over, and over, and over.

Bolton isn't that bad. And I really liked his version of Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay. OK, maybe that's the only one I can think of that I like. But I've heard much worse. That New Age stuff bores me to death, or nearly. I like sax, and jazz, but not so much Kenny Gee I'm Boring. :-P

Dana

Dana

...wonderful. have my pasta on the stove and just lost my appetite.

May as well throw in Yanni, WIlliam Ackerman and Jeff Oster and make a quintet out of it.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Dana

Dana

Are you threatening me?

Dana

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Dana

Dana

May as well throw in Yanni, WIlliam Ackerman and Jeff Oster and make a quintet out of it.

I think I've only heard of that first name. And no...if they're that boring, don't give me any YouTube links, please.

Dana

edited December 1969

Does anybody know what the newest "New Release" is? I show the Crime Scene Analysis: Ultimate Bundle. But the third on the top row is the DAZ Barn, and I know I got that on November 26th, so it's not that new. It looks like I'll have to delete my cookies in order for that page to show up correctly. This is the second time it's happened inside of a month. Why can't they get this site to settle down? :-/

Dana

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited December 1969

random upload from me for the day

squaw.gif
    800 x 800 - 7M
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Dana

Dana

I think I've only heard of that first name. And no...if they're that boring, don't give me any YouTube links, please.

Dana
    ...don't worry, they're all newage (and do you know what that rhymes with, kids?).

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Does anybody know what the newest "New Release" is? I show the Crime Scene Analysis: Ultimate Bundle. But the third on the top row is the DAZ Barn, and I know I got that on November 26th, so it's not that new. It looks like I'll have to delete my cookies in order for that page to show up correctly. This is the second time it's happened inside of a month. Why can't they get this site to settle down? :-/

Dana

...I don't think they've added anything new because of the Black November sales.
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 2013

DanaTA said:

Dana

Don't think there have been any changes :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

She is scary :lol:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Native American dance wearing the traditional Hopi hoop skirt.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Native American dance wearing the traditional Hopi hoop skirt.

Crikey :lol:

edited December 1969

Gremlins are eating bits of colour in my picture

g.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 60K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    I feel like it is difficult to get a job too.

...the job market where I live seems to be terribly polarised between high level professional, medical, and tech jobs (which I don't have the schooling and/or certification for) on one end, and low paying service occupations (which I am "overqualified" for) on the other, with very little left in the middle anymore (which is pretty much where I fit in).

Then there's the whole age thing where a lot of companies choose to hire someone younger because they know they can pay them less and sidestep any discrimination issue by simply claiming the younger candidate had more "relevant" experience, qualifications, and education. The only way to challenge this is filing a civil suit against the employer, and of you managed to win, would you really feel comfortable going to work everyday knowing your boss and the management had a chip on their shoulders?

I see what you are saying. It is sad that the job conditions are like that there.

I have problem that I have lots of school loan debt but no degree to show for it.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Dana

Dana

throw in Weird Al Yankovic :)

edited December 1969

I have a headache that won't go away. It is not a pounding headache which is good. It is very annoying. It has been going on for days.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    I feel like it is difficult to get a job too.

...the job market where I live seems to be terribly polarised between high level professional, medical, and tech jobs (which I don't have the schooling and/or certification for) on one end, and low paying service occupations (which I am "overqualified" for) on the other, with very little left in the middle anymore (which is pretty much where I fit in).

Then there's the whole age thing where a lot of companies choose to hire someone younger because they know they can pay them less and sidestep any discrimination issue by simply claiming the younger candidate had more "relevant" experience, qualifications, and education. The only way to challenge this is filing a civil suit against the employer, and of you managed to win, would you really feel comfortable going to work everyday knowing your boss and the management had a chip on their shoulders?

I see what you are saying. It is sad that the job conditions are like that there.

I have problem that I have lots of school loan debt but no degree to show for it.

Totally depressing.

i don't have a finished degree either. 15 years ago i did the CNE and MCSE certifications. it helped.
    it prolly won't help now though. MCSE for Windows NT and Novell 4 isn't going to impress the job marketeers.

are dayjobs on WIndows 8 yet? i can't put it on my resume, never used it.

edited December 1969

I do not have windows 8 either. The library has windows xp and my main computer has windows 7.

edited December 1969

Does anyone know how to use Joomla?

edited December 1969

is that the name of a martini? sounds tropical.

edited December 1969

it is the name of a cms that I use. I do not know how to remove the welcome screen that is on the front page.

edited December 1969

it is the name of a cms that I use. I do not know how to remove the welcome screen that is on the front page.

does it have an ini file? might see some settings in it.

sometimes a setup gui, like adobe acrobat for instance, doesn't show all the options, have to set them manually.

edited December 1969

complaint:
    excel is giving me a hard time. trying to copy paste formula cells, but excel updates the references and i don't want it to. >:-(

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

That error reminds me of my old accounting classes when I did some homework. Ugg.. I know how you feel.

I can connect to my old linksys router but the router gives me an IP address that starts with 169 instead of 192.

edited December 2013

i think, if you're on a corporate wan you'd have to worry about your subnet,

but for an internet provider connection it should be up to your provider to decide your ip address, unless you're paying for a static ip address?

you can have multiple ip addresses, your wireless would be a different address than your nic card?

cmd prompt, and then ipconfig /all should show you everything.

there's a switch to force a renew ip address. can't remember. another brainfart day.

aha. /renew :)

hmm, adapters only. don't know if wireless counts as an adapter.

Capture.JPG
    772 x 499 - 87K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited December 1969

I tried making a Christmas tree using Carrara for Poser and Daz
    you can grab it from here
    https://app.box.com/s/bktbddv7o0edtej8pk8b
    too many bloody shading domains and too high poly

my_tree.png
    871 x 765 - 828K
    edited December 1969

I tried making a Christmas tree using Carrara for Poser and Daz
    you can grab it from here
    https://app.box.com/s/bktbddv7o0edtej8pk8b
    too many bloody shading domains and too high poly

oh, that looks nice.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Gremlins are eating bits of colour in my picture

Wow! You've really got this evening light thing nearly mastered I'd say!

Dana

This discussion has been closed.