A well a bird bird flew off with my complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,591
    edited December 1969

came out a lil dry as a jumbo cookie. cuppa cawffee should solve it.

...ohhh, all that chocolate...mmmmmmm.
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    There is one exception to my views on snow. I love to watch the beautiful flakes drift slowly to the ground if they immediately melt on contact and don't accumulate.

Snow belongs in the mountains...so people can ski, and so people can enjoy the beauty. I do like the look of fresh fallen snow. But then cars go by, it all gets dirty and messy and then the accidents start.

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Cold and windy here, no snow predicted. Moon phase.

trying to correlate leg means to the moon? lol, mooning starts somewhere else

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

I think the freshly clean leg correlates to the cold and windy remark. I think. :smirk:

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    if only i had almonds or almond meal. was looking for something to bake with clementines i picked up yesterday. found a recipe for Clementine Torte.

can't make fairy cupcakes, needs a whole cup of unsalted butter. i could make the cake or the frosting, not enough ingredients for both, or half the recipe? hmm

or i could make shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate. :) or one giant pan sized cookie with chocolate dribbled on top.

Why not just eat a clementine...no baking, no extra sugar...just eat it? I know, that's a novel idea.

Dana

iz 5 lbs of clementines.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited November 2013

Morning. Still raining, we must have had a half inch by now - there are puddles scattered around like so many broken mirrors shining afterdawn pink and white and blue :)

w.png
    203 x 168 - 17K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

is it Wednesday already? :lol:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,019
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

I think the freshly clean leg correlates to the cold and windy remark. I think. :smirk:

Dana
    Waxing+Gibbous Moon= Waxing Gibbous Moon :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410
    edited December 1969

It is still fricking snowing out. We've got about 4 inches out now

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

Dana

D'oh! :shut: Why didn't I see that?!? :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

halfway thru 'Ever after'. Ku'sox is naughty demon.

drafty, brr.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:

Dana

D'oh! :shut: Why didn't I see that?!? :lol:

Dana

ditto doh ++

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    if only i had almonds or almond meal. was looking for something to bake with clementines i picked up yesterday. found a recipe for Clementine Torte.

can't make fairy cupcakes, needs a whole cup of unsalted butter. i could make the cake or the frosting, not enough ingredients for both, or half the recipe? hmm

or i could make shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate. :) or one giant pan sized cookie with chocolate dribbled on top.

Why not just eat a clementine...no baking, no extra sugar...just eat it? I know, that's a novel idea.

Dana

iz 5 lbs of clementines.

Why buy so much if you live alone? They will last a while in the refrigerator. I love various kinds of tangerines: clementines, manderin oranges, mineolas. But I don't buy 5 pounds at one time. Even if you bake with them, you still have to eat them all. It's a lot. Did you ever try canning? Maybe they would make a good marmelade.

Dana

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    It is still fricking snowing out. We've got about 4 inches out now

weather predictors off by a few inches?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410
    edited December 1969

They changed it for today to 2-4 on top of 2 we got last night. It 30F with heavy snow fall out atm so I'm betting we'll have 6 inches here pretty soon

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I am waiting for the Platinum $1.99 items that will be on sale on Wednesday. My RAM arrived at the big post office. I guess the big post office will send the package to the smaller (local) post office later in the day.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...how about Flutterby Cupcakes?

theyz way too pirty to eat. :) yumma the strawberry Flutterby :-P
    ...I like that one too.

...and for later , Flutterby sweets and a Flutterby Cake (and yes, the flutterbys are edible)

flutterby_cake.jpg
    570 x 713 - 44K
    flutterby_pops_2.jpg
    300 x 300 - 27K
    flutterby_pops_blue.jpg
    570 x 380 - 42K
    41061-GummyButterfly.jpg
    389 x 292 - 13K
    flutterby_candy_1.jpg
    220 x 182 - 8K
    edited November 2013

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Still raining, we must have had a half inch by now - there are puddles scattered around like so many broken mirrors shining afterdawn pink and white and blue :)

...rained hard all last night into this morning. Feeling it in all the joints today. can barely move without it aching, even after the morning dose of Advil. Was planning on going to a job fair but it takes three transfers (one leg on the MAX light rail which makes me nervous after yesterday) to get there and really don't relish the idea of standing around waiting 20 min for a bus should it open up and pour again. Even though it is rainy here a good part of the year, many bus stops don't have shelters.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

So far yes, gloomy and wet but not real cold :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

sugar pron *swoons*

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

waxy moon is invisible here, too much cloud but you know it is out there somewhere :)

edited December 1969

snow is sticking :)

rain with glitter :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

...rained hard all last night into this morning. Feeling it in all the joints today. can barely move without it aching, even after the morning dose of Advil. Was planning on going to a job fair but it takes three transfers (one leg on the MAX light rail which makes me nervous after yesterday) to get there and really don't relish the idea of standing around waiting 20 min for a bus should it open up and pour again. Even though it is rainy here a good part of the year, many bus stops don't have shelters.

Umbrellas everywhere you look in the city today. I was supposed to go to something this morning but think I'll watch on TV instead :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

theyz way too pirty to eat. :) yumma the strawberry Flutterby :-P
    ...I like that one too.

...and for later , Flutterby sweets and a Flutterby Cake (and yes, the flutterbys are edible)

oooh gummy flies :lol:

edited November 2013

Well I guess it is time to do all the stuff that got put off until a rainy day, like installing all the stuff that got downloaded the past few months :lol:

i.png
    252 x 170 - 23K
    edited November 2013

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Umbrellas everywhere you look in the city today. I was supposed to go to something this morning but think I'll watch on TV instead :)
    ...don't use a brolly here because of the wind, especially in the city centre with all the highrises. Seems for me it doesn't take long before it's all bent up and or torn to the point of being unusable. For here I need one with a titanium or tungsten frame and kevlar shell.

Seems the transit system here expects that you like being rained on. During the renovation of the downtown transit mall they took out all the old shelters that actually protected waiting commuters from the weather and replaced them with these "modern" looking glass & steel ones that are totally worthless as they offer little if any protection from the wind. The project won a civic architects award though which actually stated that it was based only on form, not function.

Fig. 1 Old Shelter

Fig. 2 New Shelter

new_shelter.jpg
    500 x 335 - 199K
    Shelter_6th_Courthouse_1_R.JPG
    710 x 480 - 160K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

...don't use a brolly here because of the wind, especially in the city centre with all the highrises. Seems for me it doesn't take long before it's all bent up and or torn to the point of being unusable. For here I need one with a titanium or tungsten frame and kevlar shell.

Seems the transit system here expects that you like being rained on. During the renovation of the downtown transit mall they took out all the old shelters that actually protected waiting commuters from the weather and replaced them with these "modern" looking glass & steel ones that are totally worthless as they offer little if any protection from the wind. The project won a civic architects award though which actually stated that it was based only on form, not function.

Fig. 1 Old Shelter

Fig. 2 New Shelter

That's not a shelter, that's a pergola with glass on it! :lol: It's only good if the rain or snow is coming straight down. That doesn't happen often these days, even here. Seems like it's always windy these days.

Dana

edited November 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Fig. 1 Old Shelter

Fig. 2 New Shelter

whoa our shelters are real basic by comparison, tho being fair it doesn't rain here much. Like the art-deco-ness of the "old" bus shelter.

s.jpg
    799 x 524 - 96K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2013

Nice shelter.Maryland commuter bus driving by the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in Washington, District of Columbia, the United States of America.

oh, everyone is posting photos of bus shelters. gah, I'm tired today

edit: the bus shelter is outside of the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.

kennedy_center.jpg
    500 x 375 - 93K
    Maryland_bus_2.jpg
    500 x 302 - 92K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited November 2013

This one from 1917 is a couple of blocks and the other side of a park away from where we live, it has a mosaic floor and a slate roof. The last time I walked past someone was sleeping in it :)

shelter6.jpg
    350 x 325 - 37K
This discussion has been closed.