A well a bird bird flew off with my complaint thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Been trying to make puddles. Been raining all day a few spots at a time so they are everywhere you look today

Is that one of the Movie Sets blocks by Dreamland? Or one of Stonemason's sets?

Dana

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/powertown/101749/

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Been trying to make puddles. Been raining all day a few spots at a time so they are everywhere you look today

Is that one of the Movie Sets blocks by Dreamland? Or one of Stonemason's sets?

Dana

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/powertown/101749/

Oh, right, that new set.

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Excellent.
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited November 2013

I did an art :)

My beloved Rae'Thalis in the form of a generic Eastern Dragon ^^

(But erm... I just noticed one big major flaw in it >< Removing momentarily while I fix it!)

*edit 2* Fixed :)
    *Edit 3* Aww drat. Fixed one problem (His other leg) and messed up another (Forgot the ankle-scales ><) <br /> Oh well.

EasternRae.jpg
    1440 x 956 - 176K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I did an art :)

My beloved Rae'Thalis in the form of a generic Eastern Dragon ^^

(But erm... I just noticed one big major flaw in it >< Removing momentarily while I fix it!)

(pushes "Like" button) :)
    edited December 1969

Okay THIS time everything should be okay (Minor proportion and perspective issues aside, especially on his hind leg on the far side of his body which I had to add in at the last moment >_<)</p>

EasternRae(2).jpg
    1440 x 956 - 177K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Okay THIS time everything should be okay (Minor proportion and perspective issues aside, especially on his hind leg on the far side of his body which I had to add in at the last moment >_<)</div>

Nice work!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:
    Okay THIS time everything should be okay (Minor proportion and perspective issues aside, especially on his hind leg on the far side of his body which I had to add in at the last moment >_<)</div>

Nice work!

Dana

Thanks ^^

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Hehe terrific, vivid and lively and fierce and proud all at once :coolsmile:

likes.png
    100 x 100 - 6K
    edited November 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Portland sounds like a nice place to live. There is a Portland here as well, an old deep water port and whaling town on the shipwreck coast (pdf)

...well, if you don't mind lots of rain and grey dreary days, make a very comfortable upscale living, don't mind paying inflated rental or housing costs, and don't need to depend on the transit system, yes.

At least the beer and whiskey is good and on a nice day the views of Mt Hood & Mt St Helens are breathtaking.

Wow, that is a lot of ship wrecks

Hehe they call it the shipwreck coast but it does get very sunny, I was caught in a storm there NYE 1999, it was fierce. Bass Straight is one of the worse sea lanes in the world for sudden storms and shipwrecks. Makes for good diving on a calm day, even snorkelling, although there isn't much calm outside the bays up and down that coast.

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited November 2013

didn't wake up to a winter wonderland iz very cold rain, fingers hurty cold from walking bubby. we met a couple other bubbies this morning on their rainy walks :).

Katy is still hanging on the window screen. is she waiting for her beau? is she guilt ridden for doing something unforgivable to her hubby?

at the supermarket yesterday, i was listening to the cashiers talk about how people can't 'sign' their name these days , they have to 'print' their name on the cc receipt. writing in script isn't taught in school anymore? :bug:

131112.jpg
    487 x 431 - 58K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

his expression looks like he has some mischief on his mind

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Excellent.

ah puddles. :) remember the gather node?

edited December 1969

i wanna do a michael render to tweet to George Takei, gotta make it special somehow.

edited December 1969

snow is sticking :)

11-12-13_0939.jpg
    640 x 480 - 53K
    11-12-13_0941.jpg
    640 x 480 - 34K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

We've got about 2 inches of snow on the ground to

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

i like snow. I'm tempted to visit Seattle, St. Paul, MN, Chicago or Boston during the winter to see snow. Not sure if I want to visit Alaska or Montana in the winter though. They might have big blizzards.

My computer is slow. I can't run Firefox or Daz Studio 3. I'll need to reboot my computer.

cpu_2.jpg
    419 x 486 - 64K
    edited December 1969

if only i had almonds or almond meal. was looking for something to bake with clementines i picked up yesterday. found a recipe for Clementine Torte.

can't make fairy cupcakes, needs a whole cup of unsalted butter. i could make the cake or the frosting, not enough ingredients for both, or half the recipe? hmm

or i could make shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate. :) or one giant pan sized cookie with chocolate dribbled on top.

• thanatos_2368164thanatos_2368164 Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Spicy hot pork rinds and Genoa salami for breakfast.

Life is good.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

i like snow. I'm tempted to visit Seattle, St. Paul, MN, Chicago or Boston during the winter to see snow. Not sure if I want to visit Alaska or Montana in the winter though. They might have big blizzards.

My computer is slow. I can't run Firefox or Daz Studio 3. I'll need to reboot my computer.

...Winter in Seatle is pretty much like Portland, Usually cold rain. Again the temperatures are moderated mainly there by Puget Sound. Actually Portland can have a better chance of snow more than Seattle because of the Columbia Gorge effect I mentioned about earlier. Oh ,there will be now in the passes of the Cascades and in the Olympic Mountains, and Eastern Washington (Spokane, Yakima, etc.), but not all that often in the Seattle-Tacoma area.

According to long range forecasts The Great Lakes and Northeast will have the best chance for snow this year while the west is supposed to see winter temperatures about average to above average. Best time to visit the Northwest is after the rainy season (mid - late June).

edited December 1969

Cold and windy here, no snow predicted. Moon phase.

6644156037_c7ae2f5854_z.jpg
    640 x 640 - 137K
    leg-waxing.jpg
    1500 x 997 - 89K
    edited December 1969

Old man gripe warning: I do not like snow. I don't get to stay home from school. I don't get off from work because I am retired. For me, snow is only dangerous, not fun.
    I'm not naive, I realize that wishing for or against certain kinds of weather has no real effect on the weather. Still, I wouldn't wish for bad weather, and snow is bad weather.

http://weather.about.com/od/winterweather/p/winterdeaths.htm

edited November 2013

if only i had almonds or almond meal. was looking for something to bake with clementines i picked up yesterday. found a recipe for Clementine Torte.

can't make fairy cupcakes, needs a whole cup of unsalted butter. i could make the cake or the frosting, not enough ingredients for both, or half the recipe? hmm

or i could make shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate. :) or one giant pan sized cookie with chocolate dribbled on top.

...how about Flutterby Cupcakes?
    flutterby_CC_5.JPG
    490 x 366 - 55K
    flutterby_cc_4.jpg
    400 x 300 - 21K
    Flutterby_CC_3.jpg
    320 x 400 - 81K
    flutterby_CC_2.JPG
    375 x 500 - 156K
    flutterby_CC_1.JPG
    1600 x 1061 - 170K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Old man gripe warning: I do not like snow. I don't get to stay home from school. I don't get off from work because I am retired. For me, snow is only dangerous, not fun.
    I'm not naive, I realize that wishing for or against certain kinds of weather has no real effect on the weather. Still, I wouldn't wish for bad weather, and snow is bad weather.

No complaints - this is a legitimate gripe for me as well. It can be fun to play in the snow, but it's awful to drive or walk or work in the snow.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

...yeah, I need to find a place where winter is means it gets down into the 60s - 70s for the highs and maybe a rain shower once or twice a week.
    edited December 1969

There is one exception to my views on snow. I love to watch the beautiful flakes drift slowly to the ground if they immediately melt on contact and don't accumulate.

edited December 1969

didn't wake up to a winter wonderland iz very cold rain, fingers hurty cold from walking bubby. we met a couple other bubbies this morning on their rainy walks :).

Katy is still hanging on the window screen. is she waiting for her beau? is she guilt ridden for doing something unforgivable to her hubby?

at the supermarket yesterday, i was listening to the cashiers talk about how people can't 'sign' their name these days , they have to 'print' their name on the cc receipt. writing in script isn't taught in school anymore? :bug:

Insects don't have a conscience, just instinct. And it's a myth that the female always eats her mate after doing the deed. It does happen, but not every time.

The level of literacy in this country has gone down to a terrible low in the past decade. People can't spell, can't add, can't construct a proper sentence, and it seems that all this texting has rendered them unable to perform a signature. It's really sad. But they know how to advance in the latest adventure game or shoot-em-up game.

edited December 1969

came out a lil dry as a jumbo cookie. cuppa cawffee should solve it.

11-12-13_1328.jpg
    640 x 480 - 42K
    edited December 1969

Why not just eat a clementine...no baking, no extra sugar...just eat it? I know, that's a novel idea.

Dana

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...how about Flutterby Cupcakes?

theyz way too pirty to eat. :) yumma the strawberry Flutterby :-P

This discussion has been closed.