35th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge. The theme is ~#~ "Abstract" ~#~

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited May 2019

Hubbub to you also Adbc...your virus render looks so avanced.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited May 2019

PS. I'm not always allowable on-line due to my location (way out in the countryside).

Yes, pathetic (as it may sound), but given that these days where Internet connection is generally accepted in the City environs, Rural access is disadvantaged with such.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    Jamahoney said:

Thanks, Mermaid, the 'Pitted' metal preset can be found in the Materials 'M' (for any object) on the 'Metals' texture, choose its 'Common' option, and so then from there use its 'Shiny Pitted' (third-in) texture.

Jay

Thankssmiley

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited May 2019

All these abstracts here are so incredibly well done! Excellent pictures!

I have to admit making abstracts is not so my cup of tea actually. But as Chohole said its more a challenge here, than a contest. And it is better to try out something, than to do nothing, right? Hence here is my first entry "The Broken Crown"

The Broken Crown

abstrakt_metaball_cluster3.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 361K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited May 2019

Here is my second entry. It is called "City Deconstructed"

City Deconstructed

abstrakt_city_deconstructed_final.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 273K
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,078

Jamahoney : glad you like it, thank you.

Electro-Elvis : both renders are very cool ideas. Very well done !

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Electro-Elvis - yes, participating is more important than winning. Broken Crown is very well done. City Deconstructed is amazing, great idea and superbly done.

@adbc and Horo: Thank you very much.

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ Electro-Elvis: the Broken Crown could be one of Cesar's compressions. Interesting evocation of the Dark Ages. Fun "unarchitecture" in the second one.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

@@ Electro-Elvis: Interesting images!

The "Broken Crown" feels sorta eerie and as s.th. somber is lurking close behind it. And your "City Deconstructed" is a giant cool puzzle. 

@Henryhor and hubert: Thanks a lot.

edited May 2019

Electro-Elvis - awesome on work both your entries, well done.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited May 2019

Thanks so much for the comments  - even after all this time “playing” in the DTE is still so enjoyable. And thanks Horo for pointing out my poor spelling (now fixed).

Jamahone - very cool image, really like the colors.

Electro-Elvis - both your images are really well done. Especially like the second one.

Here’s my final entry: “Organism”.

A sphere with a volmetric texture with a high Fuzzy factor. The camera is located at the center. Illuminated by the sun and a custom HDRI. Rendered at 16 RPP about 5 1/2 hours to render. Best viewed at full size.

Thanks for taking a look!

organism.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 101K
  • drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

@ Jay: great perspective and those colors. Really crazy.

@ Electro-Elvis: The Broken Crown is dark but impressive. Very well done.
    City Deconstructed is a fantastic idea and well done.

@ Dan: Interesting result. I like it.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

So many stunning abstractions here!

Horo:

Love colour transformations in "Owl Head". "Lippen" are surreal, but very modern. Environment behind the glass reminds me of some tv studio, but with monitors displaying typical "No signal" colourful screen. Which suggest that Victoria 3 heads are news broadcasters here. "Loupe" is pleasant abstraction as well, with a twisted motion.

drachenlords:

"The Dance" looks like captivating museum of modern (eternal?) art. "Alice D" is very bright, very colourful, very life-loving and happy-go-lucky. Like the very essence of disco. "Inside the Hypercube" is masterly rendition of M.C. Escher concepts.

mermaid010:

"Crazy Clown" looks very otherworldly. It looks both as creepy unknown, and as profound entity that can share it's knowledge with us, if we find a way to communicate. "Folds and Ribbons" - beautiful. Yes, it's like a butterfly. But i also think it's some kind of mysterious hallway... Who knows where it can lead us.

adbc:

"Train Station" - cool futurism (as in, speed and technology) art piece. I like tryptich of colour spaces behind the structure. "Virus" - very tasty! Those green reflections are superb. "Watchful eyes" - something devilish, demonic i see here. Or maybe it's mythical moth? Or even huge "super robot" (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperRobotGenre) mecha who will keep an eye on you? Never know what you summon while reading latin books... Beautiful creation.

MelanieL:

"Curls and Whirls" - beautiful ornamental echo! "The Eye of the Daisy" - very nice psychedelic art! I like softness of colour scheme.

Tim82:

"Deep Sea kaleidoscope" - fragmented, yet calm. "Abstract reef" - looks charming! I love how colours work there. "Abstract DNA" - a slightly frightening silence of nature's absolute order! Makes you think about grand scheme of things.

Hansmar:

"#langleveRembrandt!" - wonderful art exhibition. Langleve your "out of box" approach! "To the core" - excellent whirlpool of shapes and objects! "Chess pieces" - very pleasing shapes and colours. "The road to abstract" - gorgeous rendering of transforming between reality and (abstract) fantasy! This is real Wonderland, for sure!!

Dan Whiteside:

"Private Gallery" - very stunning "while in gallery" scene! Exhibited abstracts are beautiful, while scene overall has exceptional composition, from placement of elements in space to visitor's pose. Bravo! "Probe" - beautiful sphere-based abstraction work. "Organism" - nice eye-pleasing abstraction. Reminds me of solargraphy a bit https://photosynthesis-in-nature.com/photography_solar.html

Henryhor:

"The Caged Scream" - cool surrealism piece! Sculpting of objects is also charming! "Deus ex machina" - beautiful gear'n'mechanism abstraction. Distortion of reality looks lovely.

ed3d:

"Atom Heart Mother" - classy existential composition! "The Hot Rock" - ha, i imagine how someone doesn't pay attention to writing and gets burnt.

mtnmen:

"JP Trying Different Techniques" - amusing depection of artist at work!

hubert:

Your abstract works are amazing! Very elegant compositions, with phenomenal colours and aesthetical shapes. Also, thank you kindly for providing your experiments to investigate, you even include tips and tricks with them, thanks! I only fear, though, if i would feel a bit uneasy when trying following footsteps of you and others. I mean, many of you have your own signature style in your works, while me as somebody starting recently and learning from you all, inevitably might mimic your styles before finding my own.. or maybe i am overthinking too much... :)

Jamahoney:

"Perspective Reflective" - very invigorate "acid" piece! Love perspective and colours. Gonna listen to good old acid techno together with it.

Electro-Elvis:

"The Broken Crown" - nice philosophical abstraction. The will of getting all the power might shatter your soul in pieces. "City Deconstructed" - amazing idea done well!! Very open minded.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Jay, Akmerlow: Thank you.

Electro-Elvis. Two very nice renders. I specifically like the deconstructed city, very creative.

Dan Whiteside: Great strange abstract. Looks like a pool of water with reflections or something.

Many thanks, Dan, Drachenords and Akmerlow for the very nice comments.

Jay

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

Perspective Reflective _does look like one  of these 70s Record Covers _pretty cool_

edited May 2019

@ akmerlow: thanks for the comments

@ Dan Whiteside: seems to be an underwater organism. A littke bit scary.

Last entry: The Homeless Hunchback. 100% Bryce again.

And another one (NOT AN ENTRY): Superluminal intromission.

thehmlsshunchback.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 353K
    superluminal.jpg
    1600 x 800 - 303K
    Post edited by Henryhor on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Dan - Organism looks very nice, I like the colour choices and the somewhat blurred appearance.

akmerlow - thank you.

Henryhor - The Homeless Hunchback looks very cool. The Superluminal intromission also looks fantastic.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

@ akmerlow: Thank you.

@ Henryhor: The Homeless Hunchback is a great composition. Superluminal intromission has a fantastic play of colors.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

@@Dan Whiteside: A wild fuzzy mat and seemingly a spooky organism. I can see its skull in the right half. ;)

@@akmerlow: Too much of kudos. I am engineer, not an artist! ;)

> Also, thank you kindly for providing your experiments to investigate, you even include tips and tricks with them, thanks!
    That's my way of giving back to the others. Without all the inspiration, positive feedback and sharing fun at Bryce online communities in the past, over 90% of my images would not exist. No kidding!

> I mean, many of you have your own signature style in your works, while me as somebody starting recently and learning from you all, inevitably might mimic your styles before finding my own.
    So what?? Trying to mimic others can be good practise (but also very frustrating). In the beginning, I too tried to "recreate" what I had seen in the Galleries. After some time and with enough experiences in Bryce, I began to develop an own personal style.

> or maybe i am overthinking too much... :)
    Definitely! :) 
    Don't ponder too much... just enjoy creating images and having fun with Bryce.

@@Henryhor: That's some cool and bizarre brycing!

@ all: Till weekend, I consider to start a dedicated thread in this forum about (my) Bryce abstracts, including sharing some assorted workfiles.

Dan Whiteside : cool image, soft watery colours. Beautiful.

akmerlow : thank you for your kind comment.

Henryhor : The homeless hunchback looks great. Superluminal intromission has amazing colours.

hubert : your abstracts are absolutely wonderful.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

akmerlow... thanks for the comment
    @jamahoney... Perspective Reflective is a very interesting image... with great perspectives... some of the textures remind me of some Cararra images I've seen in their challenges
    @electro-elvis... The Broken Crown... very cool image .. as I look at it the image perspective shifts bringing some elements into the foreground then it shifts again great!...City Deconstruction again shifts my perspective... wonderful
    @dan whiteside...Organism... is very cool... it is very organic and the soft blur makes it look "internal" to me
    @henryhor...  I love the Homeless Hunchback.... the textures are great... and Superluminal intromission is Gorgeous!

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

so many awesome new entries, nice work!!! :D

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Henryhor: Great abstracts, both with wonderful colours. Indeed, the homeless hunchback is a great entry.

Dan Whiteside- very nice image, I like the blurriness

Akmerlow - thank you for your nice comments.

Henryhor  The homeless hunchback looks superb. Superluminal intromission is amazing

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited May 2019

For now, perhaps, i should try enter with...

I call it "Facing Dilemma".

Girl in uniform is from CGTrader.

face dilemma fix.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M
    Post edited by akmerlow on

akmerlow : cool image, very original idea.

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

@ akmerlow: these faces have something evil. One can imagine movement in these textures.