Heroes, Heroines and 3D Graphics - July Freebie Contest

1246727

Comments

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 9,320
    edited December 1969


    Yes, some days do just start off wrong. At least I haven't had monsters like that to fight off! But monsters come in all varieties.


    Dana

  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 591
    edited July 2012

    Dollygirl said:
    Thanks LG, you are on. If your muse comes back and she will you know you can still enter and we won't let you forget to not vote for your own!
    Lonnie


    It's not my muse that's the problem. I've got a whole page thumbnailed out, dialog written, props picked, characters ready...It's the limitations with my system I'm having problems with. Or maybe it's my comics background that's gagging on what passes for "comic book" styles in the computer render world. The results I've been getting just using the comic rendering setting in Studio 2.3 are...okay, but nothing to sing about. I may post a test render to see what everybody else thinks.


    Music:
    The car re-do looks really great! I knew that the original model had a few problems but I wasn't sure how to fix them. Fortunately those little oddball quirks are something you really have to look for and doesn't distract too much from the finished render. But, now that you've pointed them out to everybody...

    Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 9,320
    edited December 1969

    First time trying to do toon renders. I find that you can already do some good thing with DS3 default preset Shaders


    Title : Flee !


    http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=8169_txxsvPfC71DMi1cpu1bg&board_id=1


    Good sci-fi, action hero (ok, heroine) scene!


    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 9,320
    edited December 1969

    Congratulations, Perl! Glad you had a good time!


    Dana

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,340
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    music2u4u said:
    DANG!...I couldn't do a reply! I was logged in, I come to this page, and no reply or post buttons. I look, it says to log in! I click the log in button and it throws me to my account page! I click the back button, it says to log in...I go back to the home page, it says I am logged in!


    unbelievable!

    :-)



    Yeah, as Oom says, once you get caught that way you need to do what Riachard has crhistened the "logout login dance" I had avoided it until this morning, when I too got caught by the wretched getting logged out in the middle of doing something like making a post. Some who have experienced it regularly have got into the habit of copying their post (if it's a longish one) before hitting the button to post a reply.

    ok...I can dance! This will do it. Thanks.


    :-)

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,340
    edited December 1969

    perlk said:
    Hi all, just wanted to say I'm back from Vegas, now I'm sporting a new last name and a whole lotta dehydration (it is HOT out there!).


    Congrats to June winners. I'll have July's gallery up before the end of the weekend. I might or might not enter in July, depending on my work schedule, but I might throw a "NAE" in there somewhere!

    Congratulations Perlk. Hope you guys had some fun out there in the desert. It does get very hot out there in Vegas.


    :-)

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,340
    edited December 1969

    Dollygirl said:
    Thanks LG, you are on. If your muse comes back and she will you know you can still enter and we won't let you forget to not vote for your own!
    Lonnie


    It's not my muse that's the problem. I've got a whole page thumbnailed out, dialog written, props picked, characters ready...It's the limitations with my system I'm having problems with. Or maybe it's my comics background that's gagging on what passes for "comic book" styles in the computer render world. The results I've been getting just using the comic rendering setting in Studio 2.3 are...okay, but nothing to sing about. I may post a test render to see what everybody else thinks.


    Music:
    The car re-do looks really great! I knew that the original model had a few problems but I wasn't sure how to fix them. Fortunately those little oddball quirks are something you really have to look for and doesn't distract too much from the finished render. But, now that you've pointed them out to everybody...

    So, LG...you finally got caught off balance on this theme. I still say..."Lord Ganthor can't do a bad render!". We will see. How about a toony real man?


    :wow:

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,340
    edited December 1969

    First time trying to do toon renders. I find that you can already do some good thing with DS3 default preset Shaders


    Title : Flee !


    Belt and Harness from Cosplay costume 12 http://www.sharecg.com/v/52885/View/11/Poser/Cosplay-costume-12 [Registration]
    Scatha G11 http://www.sharecg.com/v/42558/View/11/Poser/ScathaG11 [Registration]
    K-Azonica Security Bot http://www.sharecg.com/v/44726/View/11/Poser/K-Azonica-Security-Bot [Registration]
    Aery soul Bodice from Aermy web.archive.org/web/20101204211440/http://www.aerysoul.com/downloads/AS-Aermy.zip
    Outoftouch's Flexy Hair http://www.outoftouch.de/OOT_CG/container/bicootflexyhair.zip
    Bossy Boots for V4 http://www.sharecg.com/v/29103/poser/Bossy-Boots-for-Vicki-4 [Registration]
    Flame from Adam Thwaites http://www.most-digital-creations.com/flame.htm
    Mask for V4 from Adam Thwaites http://www.most-digital-creations.com/MaskV4.zip
    Corridor from Uzilite New Adventure V4 Suit http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62568 [Registration]


    Character is V4 default.
    Rendered in DS 4.5 with toon presets from DAZ's default shader presets

    I really like the colors you picked to use in this one. Very nice indeed!


    :-)

    Render_61x800.jpg
    800 x 450 - 230K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,340
    edited December 1969

    ... YEA!...I AM NOW OFFICIALLY AN ACTIVE MEMBER!...
    (took long enough, huh?)


    :red:

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,101
    edited December 1969

    First time trying to do toon renders. I find that you can already do some good thing with DS3 default preset Shaders


    Title : Flee !


    Belt and Harness from Cosplay costume 12 http://www.sharecg.com/v/52885/View/11/Poser/Cosplay-costume-12 [Registration]
    Scatha G11 http://www.sharecg.com/v/42558/View/11/Poser/ScathaG11 [Registration]
    K-Azonica Security Bot http://www.sharecg.com/v/44726/View/11/Poser/K-Azonica-Security-Bot [Registration]
    Aery soul Bodice from Aermy web.archive.org/web/20101204211440/http://www.aerysoul.com/downloads/AS-Aermy.zip
    Outoftouch's Flexy Hair http://www.outoftouch.de/OOT_CG/container/bicootflexyhair.zip
    Bossy Boots for V4 http://www.sharecg.com/v/29103/poser/Bossy-Boots-for-Vicki-4 [Registration]
    Flame from Adam Thwaites http://www.most-digital-creations.com/flame.htm
    Mask for V4 from Adam Thwaites http://www.most-digital-creations.com/MaskV4.zip
    Corridor from Uzilite New Adventure V4 Suit http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62568 [Registration]


    Character is V4 default.
    Rendered in DS 4.5 with toon presets from DAZ's default shader presets


    Takeo.Kensei, you have qualified. Nice action going on there. Check your PMs for your entry prize.
    Lonnie
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,101
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    perlk said:
    chohole said:
    Ooh am I going to be the first to say congrats to the new Mrs whoojit. :coolsmirk:

    Thank you! My new last name is Brasfield, sounds very regal, doesn't it? :-)



    Ohh yes, that is nice. as you say, very regal. I am a Davies, one of the most common surnames in Wales. Mind you my late husband (from whom I got the name) insists that it a name linked to old welsh Royalty. I refuse to give it up, even though himself and I have been together over 20 years I still keep my nice Welsh name.


    Congratulations perlk.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 26,369
    edited December 1969

    music2u4u said:
    ... YEA!...I AM NOW OFFICIALLY AN ACTIVE MEMBER!...
    (took long enough, huh?)


    :red:


    Way to go Music. Only another 750 posts to get the next rank. :coolsmirk:
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Hallo all.

    Just poping in, to see how things are going ;)
    And way to go Dollygirl, to get things in poser ;) I bet you will grasp it no time ;)

    Hey perlk.. nice to see you.. no where are those pics ;) and is there new nick name coming? perlb?? :D

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,340
    edited July 2012

    chohole said:
    music2u4u said:
    ... YEA!...I AM NOW OFFICIALLY AN ACTIVE MEMBER!...
    (took long enough, huh?)


    :red:


    Way to go Music. Only another 750 posts to get the next rank. :coolsmirk:

    ahhh...ok....#1....


    :shut:

    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,096
    edited July 2012

    This isn't an entry, but I figured I'd stop by and participate.

    Freebies
    -Daz Studio 4
    -2 M4's and a V4 (used to be free)
    -Mitsu Hair
    -Ms. Marvel Mask
    -Rduda's Avengers Tower
    -Long Scarf from Dragonspace 3d Diner
    -Iron Man Hand Blasters from the Zikeo/Muskateer set

    May be free some day if I get around to packaging and releasing them
    -Sentry Costume
    -Ms. Marvel Leotard
    -Boots from Spider Woman set

    Commercial
    -Visual Style Shaders
    -Ian Palmers Instant City
    -Sav Eros Hair
    -Iron Man Armor from Turbosquid, refitted and rigged for M4

    VSDA2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 246K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,101
    edited December 1969

    Joequick said:
    This isn't an entry, but I figured I'd stop by and participate.

    Freebies
    -Daz Studio 4
    -2 M4's and a V4 (used to be free)
    -Mitsu Hair
    -Ms. Marvel Mask
    -Rduda's Avengers Tower
    -Long Scarf from Dragonspace 3d Diner
    -Iron Man Hand Blasters from the Zikeo/Muskateer set

    May be free some day if I get around to packaging and releasing them
    -Sentry Costume
    -Ms. Marvel Leotard
    -Boots from Spider Woman set

    Commercial
    -Visual Style Shaders
    -Ian Palmers Instant City
    -Sav Eros Hair
    -Iron Man Armor from Turbosquid, refitted and rigged for M4

    Nice one Joe, those Visual Style Shaders look very cool. I want to thank you again for giving a prize to the freebie contest it is very kind of you.

    Check out Joe's work here:
    Joe's ShareCG
    Joe's Renderosity Store
    Joe's DAZ Store

    Lonnie

  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,053
    edited July 2012

    DanaTA said:

    Good sci-fi, action hero (ok, heroine) scene!


    music2u4u said:

    I really like the colors you picked to use in this one. Very nice indeed!


    Thank you both. I could do a better job if I wasn't so lazzy. Be harsch :)
    I'll try to do something else but with another style if I have time to write a shader for DS


    This isn't an entry, but I figured I'd stop by and participate.

    The visual style shaders do a pretty good job. I like what you do Joe


    Btw Congratulations, Perlk

    Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 622
    edited December 1969

    I'm not sure if this fits but it was fun to do.

    Title: Standing Watch

    A3
    A3 free site reg req
    Jezz MAT for A3 16 down
    short layered hair item 1
    Pneuma's Hair Fits Volume 3 free site reg req
    sione fairy dress for A3 six down, camisole, shorts
    sione-Aiko3-ForestElf three down, Le-skirt
    Aiko Outfit Styles III for DS free site reg req, poses, check site comments for requirments
    Aiko Tboots item one
    fur shaders row 1 Item 3, fur-tiger
    Hunting Knife 2 free site reg req
    Ultimate Shader Pack free site reg req., on back leather knife case
    Scene
    Cliff Scene nineteen down
    Waterfall free site reg req
    dnaRocks nineteen down free site reg req

    DAZ Studio 3.0
    Three Spot Lights One with Raytraced Shadow
    Image cropped to size with Photoshop Elements 6.

    Standing_Guard.jpg
    800 x 648 - 476K
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

    dang, go away for a few days and the forum explodes with posts

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

    ooohh I made active member too.

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,101
    edited December 1969

    dleelaw57 said:
    I'm not sure if this fits but it was fun to do.

    Title: Standing Watch

    A3
    A3 free site reg req
    Jezz MAT for A3 16 down
    short layered hair item 1
    Pneuma's Hair Fits Volume 3 free site reg req
    sione fairy dress for A3 six down, camisole, shorts
    sione-Aiko3-ForestElf three down, Le-skirt
    Aiko Outfit Styles III for DS free site reg req, poses, check site comments for requirments
    Aiko Tboots item one
    fur shaders row 1 Item 3, fur-tiger
    Hunting Knife 2 free site reg req
    Ultimate Shader Pack free site reg req., on back leather knife case
    Scene
    Cliff Scene nineteen down
    Waterfall free site reg req
    dnaRocks nineteen down free site reg req

    DAZ Studio 3.0
    Three Spot Lights One with Raytraced Shadow
    Image cropped to size with Photoshop Elements 6.


    dleelaw57, you have a qualifing entry. I like that we know from looking at her she is on watch. The question is does she see something in the distance, heard something in the bushes, why is she at the ready.

    Check you PMs for the entry prize and thanks for entering.
    Lonnie

  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 5,153
    edited December 1969

    Thanks Dollygirl I have made the corrections.
    Thank you also for the shaders.

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,101
    edited December 1969

    Thanks Dollygirl I have made the corrections.
    Thank you also for the shaders.

    Oh good you got the shaders. I got an error message when I sent out the PM so I wasn't sure if you got the info.
    Lonnie
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 9,320
    edited December 1969

    dleelaw57 said:


    This is cool! I like how the shading and outlining is in the color of the thing rather than black or shades of gray.


    Dana

  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 622
    edited December 1969

    Dollygirl said:

    The question is does she see something in the distance, heard something in the bushes, why is she at the ready.

    Lonnie

    Thanks for the shaders.

    Time permitting your question may be answered in part two or three

  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 622
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:

    This is cool! I like how the shading and outlining is in the color of the thing rather than black or shades of gray.

    Dana

    Thanks Dana, The fun is in adjusting the many surface settings and rendering and rendering and rendering forty or so times until you get what you like.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 9,320
    edited December 1969

    dleelaw57 said:
    DanaTA said:

    This is cool! I like how the shading and outlining is in the color of the thing rather than black or shades of gray.

    Dana

    Thanks Dana, The fun is in adjusting the many surface settings and rendering and rendering and rendering forty or so times until you get what you like.

    Forty times? :bug: No thank you! I'll just lurk.


    Dana

  • edited December 1969

    For those looking for ways to render a toon image in Bryce, I did find this in my search...

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3233/

    and then I found this...

    http://www.horo.ch/raytracing/tuts/pdf/minitut19_en.pdf

    and this...

    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/125402-cartoon-rendering-in-bryce

    Hope these are helpful.

  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,053
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    dleelaw57 said:
    DanaTA said:

    This is cool! I like how the shading and outlining is in the color of the thing rather than black or shades of gray.

    Dana

    Thanks Dana, The fun is in adjusting the many surface settings and rendering and rendering and rendering forty or so times until you get what you like.

    Forty times? :bug: No thank you! I'll just lurk.


    Dana

    40 renders is a minima when you experiment. I often go up to more than 100 in this case. Fortunately toon renders are quick

    Played a bit with shaders so here's a new entry

    Title : BW : Flee !

    Belt and Harness from Cosplay costume 12 http://www.sharecg.com/v/52885/View/11/Poser/Cosplay-costume-12 [Registration]
    Scatha G11 http://www.sharecg.com/v/42558/View/11/Poser/ScathaG11 [Registration]
    K-Azonica Security Bot http://www.sharecg.com/v/44726/View/11/Poser/K-Azonica-Security-Bot [Registration]
    Aery soul Bodice from Aermy web.archive.org/web/20101204211440/http://www.aerysoul.com/downloads/AS-Aermy.zip
    Outoftouch's Flexy Hair http://www.outoftouch.de/OOT_CG/container/bicootflexyhair.zip
    Bossy Boots for V4 http://www.sharecg.com/v/29103/poser/Bossy-Boots-for-Vicki-4 [Registration]
    Mask for V4 from Adam Thwaites http://www.most-digital-creations.com/MaskV4.zip
    Corridor from Uzilite New Adventure V4 Suit http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62568 [Registration]


    Character is V4 default.
    Rendered in DS 4.5 with custom shader

    Render_80x800.jpg
    800 x 450 - 333K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

    This was about the best I could muster. Straight out of the box in Studio 2.3, no shaders using the cartoon rendering setting. Yuck...at least I've kept my record in tact for entering at least one piece for the month. Still don't think I can do a bad render? Gather 'round folks and have a look. Free of charge, no admission! Don't stand too close and don't throw objects at the render. When you done, move along and give other folks a chance! Thank you for your cooperation...Step right in, folks...


    1.) Shawn for M4++ Character Morph. Registration Required.

    2.) Moustache 19th from Top.

    3.) Mitch Hair

    4.) Gritty Bar Props Cigar Ony. Registration Required.

    5.) The Fedora Registration Required.

    6.) Cake Cake Prop.18th Item from Top.

    7.) Patent Beer Bottles Bottom of Page.

    8.) Beer in Schooner 15th Item from Top.

    9.) BosTer2 Registration Required.

    10.) Steel Chair Go To Bottom of Page, Count Up 12. *

    11.) Card Table

    12.) Carpet Prop Registration Required. (This was supposed to be red. No idea why it kept turning black.)

    13.) Hot Dog 9th Item from Top. *


    * Denotes Required Free Item.

    No Longer Free: Michael 4
    Paid For Items: M4 Casual Wear and Textures, Shirt, Shorts and Shoes (adjusted to fit with Morphing Clothes). Michael 4 Morphs++

    Some really good lookin' stuff so far this month!

    Comic_Book_Cover_001.jpg
    460 x 622 - 275K
Sign In or Register to comment.