[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Michael 4 to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• Leana said:

Hi RiverSoftArt,

I have Principe for M4 (https://www.daz3d.com/principe-for-m4) and the clothing is saved under Runtime/Libraries/Prop as .pp2 files. The converter will not recognize these files, though. Do I have to do anything or can I do anything to help out the process? Resave the articles myself on M4 in a certain format so that the converter will work?

Thank you so much!

This item is poser dynamic clothing, it's just a prop not a conformer. So I doubt the converter can do anything with it.

Thanks, Leana! I try to pay attention to these things and avoid buying poser dynamic clothing, but I must not have been paying enough attention when I got this. Thanks again.

• Hi RiverSoftArt,

I have Principe for M4 (https://www.daz3d.com/principe-for-m4) and the clothing is saved under Runtime/Libraries/Prop as .pp2 files. The converter will not recognize these files, though. Do I have to do anything or can I do anything to help out the process? Resave the articles myself on M4 in a certain format so that the converter will work?

Thank you so much!

Try moving the principe to the character folder.

• TerryDTerryD Posts: 27

I'd like to ask a few questions about what to do after conversion - a few pointers would be great, not sure if I'm overcomplicating things.

I'm using the converter morphs to tweak the fit to the G8M or G8F base. RiverSoftArt said about then saving the item but when I do I'm just getting back the item with the morph sliders where I previously set them. I was thinking if I could save the adjusted item as a 'base' fit then when I load it to a morphed figure it would have a better fit to that morped figure? Or put it another way, can I save the item so the converter sliders don't have to be used again after that first fitting?

Also is there any advantage in adding G8 morphs to the clothing item? For instance I use the bodybuilder morph a lot to tweak the figure. If it is worth it then how would I do it? (I'm guessing somewhere in the transfer function).

Thirdly, particularly with M4 and V4, some items have a whole list of redundant character morphs. Partiicularly if I am going to add G8 morphs, is there any advantage to deleting them and how would I do it?

The answer may be just go with it as it is, like I said, I may be over-thinking it.

Thanks.

• TerryD said:

I'd like to ask a few questions about what to do after conversion - a few pointers would be great, not sure if I'm overcomplicating things.

I'm using the converter morphs to tweak the fit to the G8M or G8F base. RiverSoftArt said about then saving the item but when I do I'm just getting back the item with the morph sliders where I previously set them. I was thinking if I could save the adjusted item as a 'base' fit then when I load it to a morphed figure it would have a better fit to that morped figure? Or put it another way, can I save the item so the converter sliders don't have to be used again after that first fitting?

Also is there any advantage in adding G8 morphs to the clothing item? For instance I use the bodybuilder morph a lot to tweak the figure. If it is worth it then how would I do it? (I'm guessing somewhere in the transfer function).

Thirdly, particularly with M4 and V4, some items have a whole list of redundant character morphs. Partiicularly if I am going to add G8 morphs, is there any advantage to deleting them and how would I do it?

The answer may be just go with it as it is, like I said, I may be over-thinking it.

Thanks.

Yes, resaving is just saving the morph sliders as you set them.  The script automates a procedure by Sickleyield and uses her conformers to make it fit G8.  To do more than that or deleting morphs, that is beyond the scope of the product which I don't know how to do.   

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

I finally reached the end of my M4 clothes Wed night after a hard week of Force converting. :-) And first one I went to check (Jack of Hearts) half of the clothes loaded as grey boxes. Checked a few more and about half of those I checked had one item loading as boxes - I could have cried, if I had to do that all again. :-( At that point I went to bed. Last night I redid Jack of Hearts, checked it and it worked 100%, and moved onto Midnight Hunter... so I'll have to go through, check all the clothes and re-doing the ones that load as boxes. :-(  I wish I wasn't going away for the weekend now, so I could get on with this.

It does a fantastic job in the convertions when it works, but I think I would have prefered some indication on screen that something didn't go quite right while it happened - I had no reason to look at the log, everything looked fine, and only found out because I happen to pick one of my favourite outfit to play with.

• TerryDTerryD Posts: 27
    TerryD said:

Thanks.

Yes, resaving is just saving the morph sliders as you set them.  The script automates a procedure by Sickleyield and uses her conformers to make it fit G8.  To do more than that or deleting morphs, that is beyond the scope of the product which I don't know how to do.   

Thanks for the reply - yes I realised this was outside the scope of the script, in fact I nearly posted as a new thread in the Commons as although its a follow through on the conversion it isn't actually about the product. I just thought somebody else churning through conversions may have thought about this and could suggest 'no, don't bother' or 'yes, its worth looking into' (for me that is, not yourselves).

I'm currently bashing away with your 3Delight to Iray converter as converting all this old stuff has left me with a tonne of usable content with Poser only materials. The Iray converter gives a good base to start from. As the hair converter moves back through the generations then it's going to make even more work. Good problem to have though, and a great excuse to sort out my Runtime and even junk a few things I've finally admitted I'll never actually use!

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371
    3Ddreamer said:

I finally reached the end of my M4 clothes Wed night after a hard week of Force converting. :-) And first one I went to check (Jack of Hearts) half of the clothes loaded as grey boxes. Checked a few more and about half of those I checked had one item loading as boxes - I could have cried, if I had to do that all again. :-( At that point I went to bed. Last night I redid Jack of Hearts, checked it and it worked 100%, and moved onto Midnight Hunter... so I'll have to go through, check all the clothes and re-doing the ones that load as boxes. :-(  I wish I wasn't going away for the weekend now, so I could get on with this.

It does a fantastic job in the convertions when it works, but I think I would have prefered some indication on screen that something didn't go quite right while it happened - I had no reason to look at the log, everything looked fine, and only found out because I happen to pick one of my favourite outfit to play with.

If the script knows there is a problem, it leaves it checked.  However, neither Sickleyield nor I know why you sometimes get gray boxes.  I wish we did sad

TerryD said:
    TerryD said:

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply - yes I realised this was outside the scope of the script, in fact I nearly posted as a new thread in the Commons as although its a follow through on the conversion it isn't actually about the product. I just thought somebody else churning through conversions may have thought about this and could suggest 'no, don't bother' or 'yes, its worth looking into' (for me that is, not yourselves).

I'm currently bashing away with your 3Delight to Iray converter as converting all this old stuff has left me with a tonne of usable content with Poser only materials. The Iray converter gives a good base to start from. As the hair converter moves back through the generations then it's going to make even more work. Good problem to have though, and a great excuse to sort out my Runtime and even junk a few things I've finally admitted I'll never actually use!

Thank you for your support!  smiley  The 3Delight to Iray converter has been a huge time saver as I convert more and more stuff in my library.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    3Ddreamer said:

If the script knows there is a problem, it leaves it checked.  However, neither Sickleyield nor I know why you sometimes get gray boxes.  I wish we did sad

It didn't leave the checks, sadly. I'll just go through them and redo the ones it happens in. Means I can categorise as I go

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

How did I miss this? *Runs to go grab it*

Thank you!!!!

Llynara said:

How did I miss this? *Runs to go grab it*

Thank you!!!!

Hey @Llynara!  Thanks for the support!  Enjoy.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,155

My first render of an M4->G8M clothing set - Musketeer. This is a 3Delight render - I picked up your 3Delight to Iray Converter this week too, so next step is to try that out on some converted clothing. (I've had the Iray->3Delight Converter since it was released, because I found it harder going that direction manually, but with all these clothing converters I decided the other one might be useful too)

G8M-Musketeer-A.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 421K
    MelanieL said:

My first render of an M4->G8M clothing set - Musketeer. This is a 3Delight render - I picked up your 3Delight to Iray Converter this week too, so next step is to try that out on some converted clothing. (I've had the Iray->3Delight Converter since it was released, because I found it harder going that direction manually, but with all these clothing converters I decided the other one might be useful too)

That looks really, really good.

• Two Questions:  1st, I have an article of clothing that actually loads three files making it a wearable.  It is only one piece of clothing though (the collar and pockets are separate objects from the tunic).  Any idea how to separate these so that the converter can work?  It loads in as three parts in the scene tree, I can delete two of them, I just don't know how to save it in a format the converter can work with.

Second question: I have some items that are a clothing item connected to a prop (example, helmet strap connected to a hemet).  The strap converts the helmet dissappears.  I'm assuming the best thing to do is convert the strap then load the helmet and delete that strap?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    On the first question, you can use file--save as-- figure/prop asset to save out subsets of the wearables. I'm afraid smart content data is likely to be lost. We're not really equipped for wearables. On the second, that might work but I'm afraid the strap may no longer match up.
  • This one is a WWII uniform by Tannenbaum, it doesn't even dream of Smart Content entries ;)  I was just surprised that he created one item of clothing as three object files, so of course there is no script to load them all separately and I was hoping I wouldn't have to go in and hand edit that cr2 file.

This one is a WWII uniform by Tannenbaum, it doesn't even dream of Smart Content entries ;)  I was just surprised that he created one item of clothing as three object files, so of course there is no script to load them all separately and I was hoping I wouldn't have to go in and hand edit that cr2 file.

File--Save As still should work, then.  You may have to change Since the script's going to replace any original rig anyhow it shouldn't matter any issues that would cause.  To use this on a cr2 you may have to change each piece to weight mapping from the edit options in the button in the Scene Tab.

• CerragCerrag Posts: 242
    nabob21 said:

Hello,

Has anyone else run into trouble when using this script? I set up the scene as recommended with a base G8F, set my output directory and then point the script to the clothing item I want to convert but when I run the script it says that the script executed on zero clothing items and nothing is converted. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any replies

nabob21

I found the above comment and I have the exact same problem.  I've attached a screenshot and logfile and have read and followed the instructions in the .pdf file but get the same thing every time on M4 clothing.  I've even uninstalled / reinstalled the script thru DIM and the script seems to run fine (with and without the defaults) but it will not convert any items, even though I can see it loading the different clothing items while it's working.  I've also downloaded and reinstalled the outfit 'Wanted Dead or Alive M4' to try it again but same thing.  I've also closed out and reopened Studio too, just to refresh it.  At this point I'm at a loss for what's going on so I'm hoping someone can help please.

MAIN SCREEN.JPG
    1603 x 910 - 174K
    txt
    txt
    RSSY CLOTHING CONVERTER M4TOG8M LOG.txt
    Cerrag said:
    nabob21 said:

Hello,

Has anyone else run into trouble when using this script? I set up the scene as recommended with a base G8F, set my output directory and then point the script to the clothing item I want to convert but when I run the script it says that the script executed on zero clothing items and nothing is converted. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any replies

nabob21

I found the above comment and I have the exact same problem.  I've attached a screenshot and logfile and have read and followed the instructions in the .pdf file but get the same thing every time on M4 clothing.  I've even uninstalled / reinstalled the script thru DIM and the script seems to run fine (with and without the defaults) but it will not convert any items, even though I can see it loading the different clothing items while it's working.  I've also downloaded and reinstalled the outfit 'Wanted Dead or Alive M4' to try it again but same thing.  I've also closed out and reopened Studio too, just to refresh it.  At this point I'm at a loss for what's going on so I'm hoping someone can help please.

The log file points out that the metadata says these aren't clothing files.  The metadata is obviously wrong.  You need to SELECT clothing items (not just checked) and click the Force Convert button.

• CerragCerrag Posts: 242
    Cerrag said:
    nabob21 said:

Hello,

Thanks for any replies

nabob21

The log file points out that the metadata says these aren't clothing files.  The metadata is obviously wrong.  You need to SELECT clothing items (not just checked) and click the Force Convert button.

That worked and the clothes fit G8M great!  Thanks very much for the help it's a great utility!  yes

Cerrag said:
    Cerrag said:
    nabob21 said:

Hello,

Thanks for any replies

nabob21

That worked and the clothes fit G8M great!  Thanks very much for the help it's a great utility!  yes

You're welcome!

• ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587

Any plans on doing this for V4 to G3F or M4 to G3M?

Any plans on doing this for V4 to G3F or M4 to G3M?

I hope to.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited July 2019

After having experience with the G2 to G8 and G8 to G3 tools, I purchsed the M4 to G8 tool specifically for the Lord of Snow outfit, which is a newer outfit for M4 that is already set up for the Daz file structure. However, upon converstion, the outfit either loads as a bunch of grey boxes, or it doesn't fit at all (picture attached). I've tried re-running multiple times with either or of the two results, but nothing that actually works. 

*edit* It seems I was able to get it to work with the Poser file formats (.cr2) rather than the Daz ones (.duf). Weird. Also wish I could get the LAMH presets to work, though I'd imagine that's no fault of the script. 

Capture.JPG
    1458 x 782 - 93K
    Post edited by MelissaGT on

After having experience with the G2 to G8 and G8 to G3 tools, I purchsed the M4 to G8 tool specifically for the Lord of Snow outfit, which is a newer outfit for M4 that is already set up for the Daz file structure. However, upon converstion, the outfit either loads as a bunch of grey boxes, or it doesn't fit at all (picture attached). I've tried re-running multiple times with either or of the two results, but nothing that actually works. 

*edit* It seems I was able to get it to work with the Poser file formats (.cr2) rather than the Daz ones (.duf). Weird. Also wish I could get the LAMH presets to work, though I'd imagine that's no fault of the script. 

Strange.  I will have to investigate.  I am glad it worked with the .cr2 though.  And no, the script doesn't do anything with LAMH presets.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited October 2019

I've got that same problem with the .cr2 for Francis Cofil (sp?)'s Tales of Adventure; Legends coat. The sleeves will not come down out of the T position. I tried moving G8M' arms up into the T position to load the coat, and the sleeves came in raised at 45 degrees.  I haven't tried raising G8M's arms into the T position for the conversion, since that's not how the directions say one should do it. (Although, given how well that coat autofits, when using the extra templates, I'm likely only to try that for curiosity's sake.)

Ohterwise I'm getting reasonable results, except for warped shoes. But I haven't tried to deal with the foot dialogue, or forced footwear conversion yet.

Okay ETA: I managed to  get the Legendary coat sleeves to stay on the arms by leaving the weightmapping as Triax. Go figure. No idea how it will behave in posing. I may just continue to autofit.

The shoe warping is more troubling because t's more consistent. *Every* pair of shoes or boots with any kind of heel distorts the heel. The shoe or boot converts to fit the foot. I haven't had a problem with that. But the heel *always* skews to the back. It's more noticable the higher the heel. 

Here are a couple of examples. Boots 1 are quite low heeled, but you can still see distortion with the heel slanting backwards.  otherwise, the conversion is fine.

Boots 2 have a higher heel and the distortion is very evident. I've added the unconverted boot for comparison. The original boot has a bone nammed for the spur which would have allowed the heel to be tucked under more. But that bone is lost in the conversion, and wouldn't correct the distortion anyway.

I'm sure the cause has something to do with that stupid default pose with the feet angled down that gen4 had, but I have no idea of how to correct t.

Boots-1.jpg
    677 x 585 - 42K
    Boots-2.jpg
    779 x 471 - 49K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • JOdel said:

I've got that same problem with the .cr2 for Francis Cofil (sp?)'s Tales of Adventure; Legends coat. The sleeves will not come down out of the T position. I tried moving G8M' arms up into the T position to load the coat, and the sleeves came in raised at 45 degrees.  I haven't tried raising G8M's arms into the T position for the conversion, since that's not how the directions say one should do it. (Although, given how well that coat autofits, when using the extra templates, I'm likely only to try that for curiosity's sake.)

Ohterwise I'm getting reasonable results, except for warped shoes. But I haven't tried to deal with the foot dialogue, or forced footwear conversion yet.

Okay ETA: I managed to  get the Legendary coat sleeves to stay on the arms by leaving the weightmapping as Triax. Go figure. No idea how it will behave in posing. I may just continue to autofit.

The shoe warping is more troubling because t's more consistent. *Every* pair of shoes or boots with any kind of heel distorts the heel. The shoe or boot converts to fit the foot. I haven't had a problem with that. But the heel *always* skews to the back. It's more noticable the higher the heel. 

Here are a couple of examples. Boots 1 are quite low heeled, but you can still see distortion with the heel slanting backwards.  otherwise, the conversion is fine.

Boots 2 have a higher heel and the distortion is very evident. I've added the unconverted boot for comparison. The original boot has a bone nammed for the spur which would have allowed the heel to be tucked under more. But that bone is lost in the conversion, and wouldn't correct the distortion anyway.

I'm sure the cause has something to do with that stupid default pose with the feet angled down that gen4 had, but I have no idea of how to correct t.

The foot pose dialog is to place the foot as best as possible in the shoe so that the shoes conform to the feet.  I am glad that is working for you.  For the warping, the script cannot do anything about that.  I will ask Sickleyield if there is anything she can do.

edited October 2019

Thank you for looking into this. At worst, for boots I can use the same dodge that I've been using for years. Make the feet invisible and parent and scale the unfitted boot to the shin. Then pose the boots' feet separately. Shoes are a lot more of an issue, but I've parented and scaled those as well.

Of mild interest; this is an old M3 outfit. I thought I'd see what the script could do with that. It didn't do half badly. The boots are a dead loss, and I've also found that the hand bone on converted items does absolutely nothing. You cannot adjust the cuff's pose using that bone. So the sleeve cuffs are a loss as well. I haven't seen how it will do when posed. But it came through well enough to try it on some other gen3 items.

M3.jpg
    780 x 1064 - 66K
    Post edited by JOdel on

Hi!  SickleYield here.  There's limited I can do to fix the shoe distortion on heels (as you surmised, it is a result of the change in foot position between the figures).  I've put in an update that improves it somewhat, but it's not gone.

Worth downloading and making another attempt. Is it likely to be live yet?