[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Michael 4 to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

12346»

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited June 2020

I went ahead and deleted the distorted polys at the ends of the sleves, and then saved the conversions as wearable presets. I also autofitted the pants and did the same. Haven't done anything about the belt. It still autofits so I may treat it like the pants.

I'll check everything again in a week.

The wearable presets got saved in a different directory on a different disk. I haven't tested them yet. I may need to move them back. But at present they've been saved as if they were scene files. (I suppose saving things as scene files or scene subsets might also work. But I'm not convinced of that.)

Post edited by JOdel on
  • it is cool

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

it is cool

Thanks!

Figured I'd move on to Phase 1B.

Went at the Tales of Adventure set (which is for M4) with the V4 to G8F script. I got a usable result. The cuffs were a dead loss, however.Came in halfway over the hands and badly distorted.  As usual, the ends of the sleeves of the coat also came in distorted This is after going at it with the Geometry editor and deleting the last 3-4 loops of polys at the ends of the sleeves to get past the worst of the warping. And then had to lengthen the forearms to make up the difference. Did a bit more tweaking with the converter mrphs. But if it survives, I can definitely use it.

Checked the G8M version. Hasn't reverrted to grey boxes yet, but it's only been a couple of days. Here is what it looks like for comparison. I had to delete a couple of loops off the ends of these sleeves as well. Since I can't use the cuffs with the female version I won't be able to use them for the male versions ether.

This is untestures. Just colored in the surfaces tab.

ToA Female.jpg
    794 x 1044 - 99K
    ToA Male.jpg
    794 x 1021 - 96K
    JOdel said:

Figured I'd move on to Phase 1B.

Went at the Tales of Adventure set (which is for M4) with the V4 to G8F script. I got a usable result. The cuffs were a dead loss, however.Came in halfway over the hands and badly distorted.  As usual, the ends of the sleeves of the coat also came in distorted This is after going at it with the Geometry editor and deleting the last 3-4 loops of polys at the ends of the sleeves to get past the worst of the warping. And then had to lengthen the forearms to make up the difference. Did a bit more tweaking with the converter mrphs. But if it survives, I can definitely use it.

Checked the G8M version. Hasn't reverrted to grey boxes yet, but it's only been a couple of days. Here is what it looks like for comparison. I had to delete a couple of loops off the ends of these sleeves as well. Since I can't use the cuffs with the female version I won't be able to use them for the male versions ether.

This is untestures. Just colored in the surfaces tab.

Well, that is encouraging smiley  Long Cuffs and High shoulder guards are always going to be a problem BTW.

edited June 2020

Yeah, already have locked horns on the cuffs issue with autofit. The cuffs would have been nice, but the coat and sash are the necessary items for the ongoing projects. 

I'd update the "school uniform" altogether, but nobody seems to have brought out anything that works half as well for the purpose. The Evilson tunic is a decent substitute, but that's also for M4. That will probably be the next set that I copy into the conversions folder and have another go at.

I gather that the continuing issue of distorted sleeve ends is just something that I'm going to have to resign myself to. They don't always warp as badly as the ToA coat did (basically the 'hand' portion tries to veer off at an angle, and there is no functional hand bone in the coat to attempt to control it). But there is usually something glitchy about them.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Hi, @RiverSoftArt. I was wondering if you have any thoughts on what prompted this error. Each use of the Bodysuit conversion should be correct according to the User Manual. I removed all non-clothing items from the directory before running the script. Thanks -

M4-G8M conversion result.jpg
    1127 x 1005 - 339K
    edited July 2020

Hi, @RiverSoftArt. I was wondering if you have any thoughts on what prompted this error. Each use of the Bodysuit conversion should be correct according to the User Manual. I removed all non-clothing items from the directory before running the script. Thanks -

Without the Daz log, I cannot say with certainty but I would bet it is because of bad metadata.  To get around it,

select (highlight) the items you want to convert in the list and click the "Force Convert Item(s)" button.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • That worked. Thanks so much!

That worked. Thanks so much!

Excellent!  You're welcome.  I am glad it is working for you.

It took me a while to get back to this. A project I thought was finished jumped back in play and took priority.

I don't know whether copying the geometry files into the same content library as the conversions did the trick or not, but nothing that came through in the conversions last month have defaulted to grey boxes which hadn't come in as grey boxes or invisible files in the first place. 

I did find that even though I got sort-of usable results converting the M4 Tales of Adventure set to G8F, it absolutely did NOT work on G8F with GrowingUp morphs applied. Since I'm using it as a school uniform coat, that was disappointing. Fortunately, I have just about every autofit clone and what all available installed, so it does autofit acceptably.

I did try the Evilson set as well and that hasn't defaulted to grey boxes either.

I'll try to make a point of re-checking periodically, but the fact that it *hasn't* reverted, when it was reverting by the time I next opend Studio, is promising.

It's a pity that the conversions lose the hand bones. Functional hand bones would avoid needing to delete polys to get rid of the distortion.

JOdel said:

It took me a while to get back to this. A project I thought was finished jumped back in play and took priority.

I don't know whether copying the geometry files into the same content library as the conversions did the trick or not, but nothing that came through in the conversions last month have defaulted to grey boxes which hadn't come in as grey boxes or invisible files in the first place. 

I did find that even though I got sort-of usable results converting the M4 Tales of Adventure set to G8F, it absolutely did NOT work on G8F with GrowingUp morphs applied. Since I'm using it as a school uniform coat, that was disappointing. Fortunately, I have just about every autofit clone and what all available installed, so it does autofit acceptably.

I did try the Evilson set as well and that hasn't defaulted to grey boxes either.

I'll try to make a point of re-checking periodically, but the fact that it *hasn't* reverted, when it was reverting by the time I next opend Studio, is promising.

It's a pity that the conversions lose the hand bones. Functional hand bones would avoid needing to delete polys to get rid of the distortion.

That is good to know you are not having the issue!  Thank you for posting back here.

• I am unable to get DeadP for M4/V4 to convert. I use the force convert button and it still says 0 items converted. I have installed the items in my library but it seems to be saying the directory does not exist or does not contain certain words it wants to see.

22:28:08 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

22:28:09 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

22:28:09 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

22:28:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Adding DirectoryF:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing

22:28:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:28:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:28:21 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:28:21 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:28:22 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

22:28:24 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

22:28:24 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

22:28:26 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

22:28:27 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

22:28:27 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.duf

22:28:33 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Directory does not exist: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:33 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Unable to create output directory: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:37 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:28:38 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:28:38 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:28:38 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:28:38 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.duf

22:28:43 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Directory does not exist: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:43 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Unable to create output directory: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:28:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:28:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:28:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:28:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.duf

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Directory does not exist: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Unable to create output directory: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.duf

22:28:55 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Directory does not exist: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:55 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Unable to create output directory: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:59 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.duf

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): DeadP_M4_Mask (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.duf

22:29:26 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): DeadP_M4_Suit (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.duf

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): DeadP_V4_Mask (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.duf

22:29:37 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): DeadP_V4_Suit (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

22:29:42 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

• megaworm said:

I am unable to get DeadP for M4/V4 to convert. I use the force convert button and it still says 0 items converted. I have installed the items in my library but it seems to be saying the directory does not exist or does not contain certain words it wants to see.

22:28:08 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

22:28:09 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

22:28:09 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

22:28:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Adding DirectoryF:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing

22:28:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:28:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:28:21 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:28:21 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Adding "Follower/Wardrobe/Unknown" file: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:28:22 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

22:28:24 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

22:28:24 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

22:28:26 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

22:28:27 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

22:28:27 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:28:30 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.duf

22:28:33 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Directory does not exist: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:33 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Unable to create output directory: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:37 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:28:38 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:28:38 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:28:38 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:28:38 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.duf

22:28:43 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Directory does not exist: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:43 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Unable to create output directory: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:28:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:28:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:28:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:28:48 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.duf

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Directory does not exist: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Unable to create output directory: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:28:49 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.duf

22:28:55 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Directory does not exist: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:55 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Unable to create output directory: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4

22:28:59 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Executing Script

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:29:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Mask.duf

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): DeadP_M4_Mask (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:29:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_M4_Suit.duf

22:29:26 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): DeadP_M4_Suit (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2

22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:29:31 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Mask.duf

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): DeadP_V4_Mask (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "clothing" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Input Filename does not have "accessories" in its path: F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Found alternate root directory "Character"

22:29:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Converting clothing from F:/e 3d library/Runtime/Libraries/Character/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.cr2 to F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4/DeadP_V4_Suit.duf

22:29:37 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): DeadP_V4_Suit (Unknown) is not a clothing item of Follower/Wardrobe,Follower/Accessory

22:29:42 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time): Execution Complete.

The log is confusing me because it seems to be a combination of runs or something.  The first few entries you tried to force convert, but it doesn't look like you had anything selected and checked to force convert?  At the end, it does not look like you are force converting, and it fails because the metadata of the loaded items is UNKNOWN.  In the middle, it looks like it is having trouble creating the output directories (Unable to create output directory: F:/e 3d library/People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/converted from m4/! - Clothing/! - M4 & V4 Clothing/DeadP_for_V4M4).

Could we try and solve one at a time?  Try and select ONE item, Force Convert, and post the log?  Thanks.

• thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 195
    edited December 2020

Hello. I'm a HUGE fan of your products and have found them indespensible. Recently I purchased your M4 to G8 conversion specifically so I could convert some M4 military uniforms. The utility works astonishingly well and I couldn't be happier except for the fact that there are a couple items that won't convert. Specifically, although the pants and boots convert beautifully, the  uniform shirt/tunics do not convert. I've tried several times using both "forced" conversion and regular and I can see the clothing item load in the viewport but after a short period of time the utility finishes and says the execution completed on "0" clothing items. Checking the log file I see it aborted because "multiple items" were loaded:

16:48:56 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Converting clothing from C:/Users/foren/Downloads/Renderosity_German_Uniforms_ETC/German_Infantry_Expansion_04_176359/Runtime/Libraries/Character/Tannenbaum/German_Infantry/Gerinf_Camo_Smock_Heer.cr2 to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/GermanUniformsAndAccessories/Tannenbaum/German_Infantry/Gerinf_Camo_Smock_Heer.duf

16:48:57 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Preset loaded multiple objects. Aborting conversion for C:/Users/foren/Downloads/Renderosity_German_Uniforms_ETC/German_Infantry_Expansion_04_176359/Runtime/Libraries/Character/Tannenbaum/German_Infantry/Gerinf_Camo_Smock_Heer.cr2

16:48:58 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

Indeed, when I load the same item to Genesis using autofit I see that the collar and pockets are created as separate items from the shirt itself. Is there a way to handle this situation?

Post edited by thedoctor on
  • thedoctor said:

Hello. I'm a HUGE fan of your products and have found them indespensible. Recently I purchased your M4 to G8 conversion specifically so I could convert some M4 military uniforms. The utility works astonishingly well and I couldn't be happier except for the fact that there are a couple items that won't convert. Specifically, although the pants and boots convert beautifully, the  uniform shirt/tunics do not convert. I've tried several times using both "forced" conversion and regular and I can see the clothing item load in the viewport but after a short period of time the utility finishes and says the execution completed on "0" clothing items. Here's the log file in case it gives you any hints:

2020-12-30 15:47:17.147 DEBUG: SaveFilesToSettings
    2020-12-30 15:47:17.148 DEBUG: SaveFilesToSettings 2
    2020-12-30 15:47:18.263 DEBUG: SaveConversionsToXML( filename, listView )
    2020-12-30 15:47:18.263 DEBUG: F:/From Documents _ DAZ/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_58887/data/riversoft art/data/rssy m4 to g8m clothing conversion.xml [object Object]
    2020-12-30 15:47:18.266 DEBUG: SaveConversionsToSettings( mainSettings, listView, prefix )
    2020-12-30 15:47:18.266 DEBUG: <Settings/>
     [object Object] Conversion 
    2020-12-30 15:47:18.279 Script executed successfully: F:/From Documents _ DAZ/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_58887/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/rssy clothing converter helper m4 to g8m.dse
    2020-12-30 15:47:19.400 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00495 iterations after 25.354s.
    2020-12-30 15:47:21.869 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00558 iterations after 27.824s.

THANKS so much. I'd appreciate any suggestions or help you can give me.

Thank you for the kind words! smiley

More than likely it is because the clothing contains multiple items (e.g., a coat with buttons separate).  I would need to see the Daz Log, not the in-dialog log though to say for sure.

• thedoctor said:

Hello. I'm a HUGE fan of your products and have found them indespensible. Recently I purchased your M4 to G8 conversion specifically so I could convert some M4 military uniforms. The utility works astonishingly well and I couldn't be happier except for the fact that there are a couple items that won't convert. Specifically, although the pants and boots convert beautifully, the  uniform shirt/tunics do not convert. I've tried several times using both "forced" conversion and regular and I can see the clothing item load in the viewport but after a short period of time the utility finishes and says the execution completed on "0" clothing items. Here's the log file in case it gives you any hints:

2020-12-30 15:47:18.263 DEBUG: F:/From Documents _ DAZ/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_58887/data/riversoft art/data/rssy m4 to g8m clothing conversion.xml [object Object]
    2020-12-30 15:47:18.266 DEBUG: SaveConversionsToSettings( mainSettings, listView, prefix )
    2020-12-30 15:47:18.279 Script executed successfully: F:/From Documents _ DAZ/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_58887/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/rssy clothing converter helper m4 to g8m.dse
    2020-12-30 15:47:19.400 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00495 iterations after 25.354s.
    2020-12-30 15:47:21.869 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00558 iterations after 27.824s.

More than likely it is because the clothing contains multiple items (e.g., a coat with buttons separate).  I would need to see the Daz Log, not the in-dialog log though to say for sure.

• RiverSoftArt said:

thedoctor said:

Yes, that is exactly the case. The shirt has pockets and a collar as separate items. Is there a way for me to break apart these items and convert them with your converter?

• thedoctor said:

RiverSoftArt said:

thedoctor said:

Yes, that is exactly the case. The shirt has pockets and a collar as separate items. Is there a way for me to break apart these items and convert them with your converter?

I am sure there is, but I have not done it myself.  I really cannot guide you on that step sad

• dustinmeyer1234dustinmeyer1234 Posts: 120
    edited July 2022

like 80% of the items I try and convert for Generation 4 fails and when I do force convert I have items that have missing geo now is there a way to get around this 

Post edited by dustinmeyer1234 on

dustinmeyer1234 said:

like 80% of the items I try and convert for Generation 4 fails and when I do force convert I have items that have missing geo now is there a way to get around this 

The Force Convert is the button to force the script to convert something.  The missing geometry is something that DS does sometimes (why it loses it I have no idea), and you need to convert it again.