Render up some "character"

12345679»

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,707
    radia said:
    kyoto kid said:

..a. lot of really nice characters here, some real high quality work.  

Here is a an update on my #1 custom character.  Yeah, I posted an attachment of an earlier attempt shortly after I got everything back up and running following a catastrophic HDD crash that wiped out everything.  Wasn't fully satisfied with that first result as she didn't quite look the way she did her before the meltdown (so hard to duplicate a character when you have no record of the settings and have to do so from scratch again).  Still not quite what I was striving for but I feel the modifications I did better capture the original. 

This I also love. The overall sepia feel with the pop of colour works brilliantly, to say nothing of the character herself.

..thank you. One form of postwork I do like and can still do is creating filters. 

edited June 2020
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

A couple I posted to my gallery a while ago:    

I like him alot. He looks like a funeral director. laugh

That's not surprising, since he was inspired by a lot of old character actors who always played funeral directors and butlers... but I think it's the flower in the lapel that nails it. It's just so completely at odds with his eyes and expression. :) 

..crikey, that's almost how I envision Giles, the lead butler for the Grande Estate. Where did you find the hair?  

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

The Cloud Whisperer

• CricketCricket Posts: 438
    edited October 2020

2020-65 Final.png
    800 x 1294 - 1013K
    Post edited by Cricket on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,547

its GREAT to see a couple new images. Great work !!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Criket said:

Nice:)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,270
    kyoto kid said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

A couple I posted to my gallery a while ago:    

I like him alot. He looks like a funeral director. laugh

That's not surprising, since he was inspired by a lot of old character actors who always played funeral directors and butlers... but I think it's the flower in the lapel that nails it. It's just so completely at odds with his eyes and expression. :) 

..crikey, that's almost how I envision Giles, the lead butler for the Grande Estate. Where did you find the hair?  

It's *probably* this, https://www.daz3d.com/vintage-male-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-males

But there's an outside chance that it could be AprilYSH's old freebie Mitch hair.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited February 2021

Been playing with filters in Photoshop, because like half the planet, I suddenly seem to have developed an interest in comic-book style story-telling. Not impressed with my effort so far, but best I've got to know.

Indiana Jones had a Daughter not a Son.jpg
    1301 x 1829 - 437K
    Post edited by nicstt on
    edited February 2021

... a slightly younger Leela.

Happy Young Leela PW.jpg
    817 x 1353 - 388K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,052

kyoto kid said:

... a slightly younger Leela.

yes 

• custom character in blender with some DAZ assets

• DavidTriune I swear that character looks like an actress I have seen a few times in movies...lol Can't place the name, but if I ever remember will mention it here.

edited February 2021

...beautiful. 

• davidtriune said:

custom character in blender with some DAZ assets

Well done :-)