The PC Anniversary Sale - Platinum Club Power Up

Comments

• youri_zyouri_z Posts: 150
    edited December 1969

Is there a reason why Carrara 8.5 is not part of the "Get 40% off of 1 DAZ Original item (excludes new releases)"? It's listed as a DAZ Original and it's not listed as a new release, so shouldn't it qualify?

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited November 2013

youri_z said:
    Is there a reason why Carrara 8.5 is not part of the "Get 40% off of 1 DAZ Original item (excludes new releases)"? It's listed as a DAZ Original and it's not listed as a new release, so shouldn't it qualify?

New releases go for 60 days. If I remember correctly Carrara 8.5 hasn't been out for 60 days yet.

**Edit** Yes it has. I'll look into this.
    **Addendum to the Edit** So Carrara 8.5 isn't new, but it still being excluded. This was supposed to be on the page, but due to a communication issue it was omitted. I apologize for the inconvenience. The Week 4 rewards page should be accurate in a few minutes.

Post edited by DZ_jared on
    edited December 1969

Mega Prize has been announced:

http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Is this on top of the PC discount?
    Tier 1 is the 10% off the bundle?

Thank you

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Thank you

Both tiers will be a coupon code that will stack with the PC discount.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    DAZ_jared said:

Thank you

Both tiers will be a coupon code that will stack with the PC discount.

Thank you for the quick answer

But not I presume stack with the monthly PC coupon?

• youri_zyouri_z Posts: 150
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    youri_z said:

New releases go for 60 days. If I remember correctly Carrara 8.5 hasn't been out for 60 days yet.

**Addendum to the Edit** So Carrara 8.5 isn't new, but it still being excluded. This was supposed to be on the page, but due to a communication issue it was omitted. I apologize for the inconvenience. The Week 4 rewards page should be accurate in a few minutes.

Thanks. When it didn't work, I suspected as much. That's quite an oversight and very disappointing.:down:

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited November 2013

youri_z said:
    DAZ_jared said:

Thanks. When it didn't work, I suspected as much. That's quite an oversight and very disappointing.:down:
    Given that customers had every reason to expect the coupons to work on Carrara this is highly questionable, especially considering the more restrictive refund policy during this promotion.

Also you forgot to update week 5 and possibly the mega prize information if Carrara is excluded from those as well.

Can the mega prize coupons ($20 and $50) be used on PC items?

Post edited by araneldon on
  • gabriel.delacruzgabriel.delacruz Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

So the magaprize is not free!!!??? Another discount?!
    Seriously not cool.

edited December 1969

I dont have any more money to spend, period. This is a total no go.
    If anyone from daz does not understand the reaction, please check the money I have spent lately.
    Could anyone write down the prices of the tier 2 items? the male and whatever ranger bundle it is? I want to know to decide what to do. I don't want to loose a single day of the return policy.

thanks

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited November 2013

Well, I'm still not getting into Genesis 2, so I just hope I can find something in the DO category — during the sales over the last year I've trawled all the way back through the store and bought pretty much everything I want that I didn't already buy when it came out. It won't be easy for me to use that DO coupon.

Edit: And someone seems to have forgotten to tell us how long these coupons will be valid for.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited December 1969

I understand your disappointment. I was surprised by this announcement, too. I believe everyone expected a "prize" to be something free. When will we learn? Remember the promotion where you could get a free item every day if you bought a certain package (V6 I think), then it turned out that the free things were just old DAZ originals, not anything new for V6? That disappointed most people, too. I guess this time we "won" the opportunity to spend more money. I'm getting pretty sale weary at this point. I'm glad I didn't buy a bunch of things I didn't want or need to push to tier 2! I barely made three weeks of tier 1. I haven't purchased V6, and I probably won't purchase M6, unless there is some super duper mega discount as of yet unannounced.

I do appreciate all the freebies this month and the $1.59 new PC items. I already have a lot of old DAZ originals, so I didn't get much thrill from the bundles or 99 cent sales, but they were great for new users. I remember that thrill last year. I hope you had fun with that part of the sale.

edited December 1969

This power up game blind game has been a terrible waste of time. It was just about luring from a loose into a bigger loose hoping that anything in the big picture makes sense.
    I dont even know how to return the stuff with some many discounts on a chain, I might end up having to return everything.
    Seriously thumbs down!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

There should be a prize for people not wanting to spend more money. A prize is something that is given, NOT PAID FOR. I'd revamp the "prize" offerings ASAP and include a rather substantial freebie prize that people who have worked FOUR WEEKS FOR can get. I have faith that you will make the discounts very, very decent on the M6 packages, but that is still not the same as a MEGA PRIZE. What you would have in actuality is a MEGA DISCOUNT.

Second, why would anyone buy from the stores right now at 44% off if we can get those same stores in a few days for 50% off if we are tier 2? (You can't return stuff that will be going on sale, per the "no returns" policy of using the tiers.) Or am I missing something?

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 1969

Tier 1 get $20 to spend and tier 2 $50 on DO's

edited December 1969

"All PA stores involved in PC this month 50% off" is also listed. So doesn't that mean the stores that are in the promo this month? I'm so confused, nothing new :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited November 2013

I think so, but then weren't they all 50% off last month too? And last month you didn't have to win any mega prize to get 50% off.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

Just a thought, but you can just wait two or three months and M6 Bundles will be free with a different promo.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

How are the discounts for the Mega prize going to work? Are the stores/items automatically discounted or will we be given coupons? I'm assuming the $50 is a one use coupon code.

edited November 2013

Barbult- I think so. (that those stores were on sale last month.)
    I did figure out why they let us know now that we can get those stores for 50% in a few days- you would use the 44% on top of items that are discounted in those stores now that might not be in a few days.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

..yeah but you never know what other discounts will sum up when the right time comes, an item might have already some discount now and not next week, or maybe a flash sale appears and you can get a better discount.

edited November 2013

Hi, I updated my post. Ill wait and see better than taking fast decisions. I don't like to have to spend money in order to compensate what was lost earlier. Thats all. I like to know what I am getting when I pay for something.

Post edited by gabriel.delacruz on
    edited December 1969

Gabriel, we understand your frustration :)
    What i am doing, is going back to Week 3 and looking to see if I've used my code from there as they are good through November 10th (the $6 or $2 off.) The stores are not available.

Then Week 4, you can get your $6 or $2 off through November 8th. So just keep those two things in mind first, as that is money off.

Then check the stores from Week 4 as you get 44% off and see what's already got discounts so they stack. It's really not that hard. Some items are in fast grab today (several) which mean you get 70% and then 44% off that. I posted what I found in my art studio thread (see signature.) That will make it easy for you. We use that thread to post "hey, look at this!" during sales, in addition to the regular product reviews.

Don't give up- those new bundles can be 50% off or more, and if the coupon stacks, you might get a really good deal- we never know what's going to be in those bundles. It might be that they've put a lot more in there since it is a prize. DAZ has done some things wrong, but they do a lot right!

Right now, I am going through Daz Originals that are on sale, finding one that I want, then doing the Week 4 get 40% more off.

edited November 2013

Hi novica, as you might notice I edited my post considering something similar to what you said. yes, I was not totally right, one has to admit some times. I was not really considering the S50 as something I could use without expending more money first. Yes there is an important free component. Lets see what happens. unfortunately my budget is over and I did purchase a large amount of daz originals so whatever I might get could be of no use. I would had preferred not to spend so much money completing tiers in order to get discounts precisely on that (daz originals) and simply buy what I really need. Anyhow, lets give it a rest. Probably there will be something good.

Post edited by gabriel.delacruz on
    edited December 1969

You were probably editing as I was typing :) I'm not very fast at that. Hope things work out for you and you find some goodies!

edited December 1969

hehe, I was once again typing as you were typing. Shame on me, did not really understood the S50 is to be used freely, no need to spend it on a big big bundle. Anyhow. Sorry for protesting so much. Ill put a big smile here and try to remember to read thing twice next time. :D

• BriandrawingsBriandrawings Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

I am really disappointed in the Mega Prize

• firefly43firefly43 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow, I feel kinda violated. I budgeted well, but still spent a crap load of money to hit the tier 2 category to qualify. Mega Prize to me meant I would be rewarded with another free bundle like the PC Mega Bundle. Not that I would have to budget more money to take advantage of their bundle.

This really just put a damper on my experience with Daz. Even with the discount coupons it is going to cost me quite a bit to use my "prize" considering that the bundles are usually between $79 and $129.

Wow I need to go shower :down:

• ScotsprincessScotsprincess Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Wow! Just wow! I can't believe that there isn't even a basic M6 freebie after spending all that money. How am I supposed to do that when I've already broke my budget? I won't be able to use even one of those coupons...not even for M6. Coupons are not prizes. I can't believe that I can't even get M6! Not cool DAZ.

edited December 1969

I did some calculations in a last effort (loosing even more time) to make sense of the power up game. I do think daz got a bigger value than I did and the money would be used better outside this entire coupon mess. I wrote them asking a way out of this. Lets see what they say.