The PC Anniversary Sale - Platinum Club Power Up

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

I've been enjoying this sale up to this week, I've bought a lot of things I really didn't need! ;), but I have to say todays releases seem very sexist to me. I feel a need to point out that women can be just as crazy mad doctors as men, and now that genesis is separate it irks me that I can't have a female or trans mad doctor. is Daz saying that only men can be doctors? because that's how it's coming across. where's the genesis one version? (I can really only do a good Dr Frank N Furter on Genesis 1 you know and this would have been perfect!).

add in slutwear for teens and racing track bimbos and you're making me feel rather marginalized.

I have been wondering if the sidelining of genesis as a universal figure concept was out of a fear of transgendered characters, you may want to look into your LGBTIQ PR there.

As you wish! :)

-- Morgan

Mad_Doctor_Nurse.png
    768 x 1024 - 376K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    I've been enjoying this sale up to this week, I've bought a lot of things I really didn't need! ;), but I have to say todays releases seem very sexist to me. I feel a need to point out that women can be just as crazy mad doctors as men, and now that genesis is separate it irks me that I can't have a female or trans mad doctor. is Daz saying that only men can be doctors? because that's how it's coming across. where's the genesis one version? (I can really only do a good Dr Frank N Furter on Genesis 1 you know and this would have been perfect!).

add in slutwear for teens and racing track bimbos and you're making me feel rather marginalized.

I have been wondering if the sidelining of genesis as a universal figure concept was out of a fear of transgendered characters, you may want to look into your LGBTIQ PR there.

I didn't notice any teen slutwear, but as for the Mad Doctor, that is a Genesis outfit so it will fit not only your Genesis females, but also Genesis 2 Females, and you can add whatever gender items you want to make it LGBTQ. Obviously not with Genesis 2 Female, since she didn't come with the "equipment" you would need. :-P I think your response here was a bit hasty. You asked where the Genesis 1 version is? Right there. Also, where is your commentary on the Mad Nurse outfit not being made trans friendly and saying men can't be mad nurses? I don't believe DAZ was coming across sexist today any more than you can say they were with the Mad Nurse. It is meant to look like a period genre set of asylum costumes, which is how the genders were split in those days. Both outfits are Genesis friendly, so you can have a crazy doctor lady and a mad nurse guy. Hope reading this makes you feel a bit better about the outfit.

I didn't rant about the mad nurse at the time because there were two versions one for genesis 1 and genesis 2 female. I did not buy the gen2 female female one so that I can trans away :) (I'm not a big supporter of gender divisive genesis). I assumed (I know, silly right?) that there would be a male nurse outfit released in a later week.. the mad doctor outfit is for "genesis male", I didn't think I could put that on genesis 1 (or at least not happily). I've heard a lot of complaints about genesis 2 clothes on genesis 1. and if it's for genesis 1 why specify "male"? that seems pretty sexist to me.

I mean I'll still buy it and kitbash it, but I felt a need to say that Daz has been appearing pretty sexist lately. I've been suppressing my complaints but someone should say something.

also what female fighter would/could fight in that outfit??? ZOMG! (referring to the tier 2 reward female fighter "outfit")

Actually, there is a Lot of genesis 1 clothes that has been specified female and male for some time now, Even Before genesis 2 female came out. And the nurse outift was specified Mad Nurse for Genesis Female so calling it Mad Doctor for genesis male doesn't really concern me much. I will still buy it to use on both my male and females characters.. just like I did and do with the King of the Steppe for Genesis Male outfit that was released a while back :)

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,888
    edited October 2013

I am a little confused by the middle item on the attached list of rewards.

40% Off* additional discount on the purchase of 1 DAZ Original

How does this work? It is not mentioned in the original rewards and there is no coupon specifically attached.

Any ideas?

Image removed because it was displaying the coupon code

Ooooops, sorry about that. You may want to do the same to KickAir 8P's post at the top of page 26, this is where I copied the image from.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,354
    edited December 1969

ok how do we claim our teir 2/week 2 rewards?

Will we get an email? I thought they to be unlocked today?

If you go to http://www.daz3d.com/pc-anniversary-sale-week-2 you should and click on the Week Two tab you should see:

I'm not seeing that at all, in fact nothing shows up but the message that teir two is unlocked. I bought 12 items this time around..

I only purchased 4 items of the first weeks sale.. so i dont know.. gonna suck if we are suppose to buy 12 on the first week too..

Make sure you aren't blocking scripts from ajax.googleapis.com - I was, via NoScript, and it prevented me from seeing the rewards for week 1. (You also need to allow scripts from DAZ itself and, I think, cloudfront.net).

• Uman1912Uman1912 Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

It got my Week 2, Tier 2 rewards and have already sent in an order. I didn't care for the look of the Fantasy Fighter, and while the "Cute Minidress" is okay, it's not in the same league as the Aiko Pro Bundle, which I got instead.

But shouldn't the great artist Sarsa be featured as one of the 44% off coupon artists from Week 2? He did "Glamorous Gowns" as a Power Point release in Week 2, right? Does an artist need anything else to qualify? Have some opted out voluntarily? I was all set to buy deeply of Sarsa items I've been interested in for a long time, but now I'm putting my buys on hold until this situation is sorted out.

I'm seeking information here rather than bother Britney with another customer service problem; she must be running far behind with the issues of this long and rather complex sales promotion. The poor lady hasn't been able to get back to me after a week on a Marrakesh issue that I have.

edited December 1969

It's only actual PA releases that count -Glamorous Gowns was a Platinum Club release and so not grounds for being included in the coupon.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I am not thrilled with the new releases choices at all, between the last sale and this one I have well over 350 items waiting to be downloaded. a cart with 25 items waiting to be purchased from the carnival sale, and obviously points to aquire for today yet...between the two new items I guess the dress and shoes is better than the fantasy fighter outfit ( what the heck is that anyway...I was expected to see at least a full set of armour with weapons etc), no disrespect to the artist, but from the comments it doesn't seem to please the larger audience as a choice....just saying....

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,328
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I am not thrilled with the new releases choices at all, between the last sale and this one I have well over 350 items waiting to be downloaded. a cart with 25 items waiting to be purchased from the carnival sale, and obviously points to aquire for today yet...between the two new items I guess the dress and shoes is better than the fantasy fighter outfit ( what the heck is that anyway...I was expected to see at least a full set of armour with weapons etc), no disrespect to the artist, but from the comments it doesn't seem to please the larger audience as a choice....just saying....

I think those of us who have already bought the pro bundles are feeling a bit slapped in the face at the moment.

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited October 2013

Kharma said:

I think those of us who have already bought the pro bundles are feeling a bit slapped in the face at the moment.

Silly sales! I bought M5 a month ago. Not to mention I then got M4 free shortly thereafter. You can't kick yourself. It's no different than buying a case of soda at the grocery store to see it go buy 1 get 1 free a month later. It's life.

Post edited by Kevin Rye on
    edited December 1969

ryemac3 said:
    Kharma said:

Silly sales! I bought M5 a month ago. It's life.

Yea you're right I don't want either the dress or the fantasy thing so I guess I can just return what I bought last week, and probably what I bought today as well. Rendo have some nice stuff on sale.

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

ryemac3 said:
    Kharma said:

Yea you're right I don't want either the dress or the fantasy thing so I guess I can just return what I bought last week, and probably what I bought today as well. Rendo have some nice stuff on sale.

Don't forget the promise of the super-ultra-mega-epic prize at the end! Gotta keep those tiers unlocked!!

edited December 1969

ryemac3 said:
    ryemac3 said:
    Kharma said:

Don't forget the promise of the super-ultra-mega-epic prize at the end! Gotta keep those tiers unlocked!!

I have absolutely no faith after today that that will be worth having.

• LeonelleLeonelle Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I unlocked the "Tier 2 Rewards" but coupon code don't work at Shopping Cart
    it said "Coupon code "XXXXXX" is not valid"
    help!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

leonelle said:
    I unlocked the "Tier 2 Rewards" but coupon code don't work at Shopping Cart
    it said "Coupon code "XXXXXX" is not valid"
    help!

What are you trying to apply the coupon to?

edited December 1969

M5 PRO Bundle

in fact doesn't work with anyone of these:

http://www.daz3d.com/week-2-tier-2-freebie

edited December 1969

leonelle said:
    M5 PRO Bundle

And you're using the code from here: http://www.daz3d.com/pc-anniversary-sale-week-2

edited December 1969

YES, but none of both coupons is in use with their respective items
    free items or
    44% PA sale items

edited December 1969

What items do you have in your Cart?

edited December 1969

i tried:

1.-
    M5 Pro Bundle (alone)

2.-
    M5 Pro Bundle
    pc-anniversary-bundle-3

3.-
    Aiko 5 Pro Bundle (alone)

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Well, I surprised the hell out of myself and bought Teen Josie. I hear she wants to star in a horror flick. With animals that bite. That girl is nuts!

And then I bought some of this and some of that, and boom; I made tier 2 this week. Shocking. And a little bit embarrassing.

Okay, while I contemplate what I'm going to get with my Week 2 and Week 3 unlock codes, I'm off to install some of this new stuff and watch some videos I bought for my un-magic beans and a handful of dirt in the last sale, haha.

• firefly43firefly43 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Quick question here .................

I put in a support ticket for the overcharge on the Teen Josie bundle.

It finally shows as solved but there is no comment saying what was done.

What dose that mean??

edited December 1969

firefly43 said:

What dose that mean??

Do you have a refund, to the payment method used (store credit is refunded before PayPal/credit card if you used a mixture)?

• Chelle the CatChelle the Cat Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

leonelle said:
    M5 PRO Bundle

I'm having this exact same problem, with both coupons.
    Submitted a ticket on it even, but it was closed without a response.

edited December 1969

firefly43 said:

What dose that mean??

Do you have a refund, to the payment method used (store credit is refunded before PayPal/credit card if you used a mixture)?

There is no refund on my credit card, and no store credit. I did request politely for them to explain how it was solved, but I assume it will be another week or so for the response I feel bad about bothering them when they are busy, but I have another week to go and my funds for the sale are running thin.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,465
    edited December 1969

When did it get resolved? Sometime the issuance of credit and closing of the tickets are a day or two apart. It don't happen very often but has in the past. You can add a comment to the ticket asking

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

i submitted a ticket requesting the difference the day Josie came out and heard nothing and no credit to my account. I checked the status of my ticket and it said I had none, so after seeing the post about some tickets getting lost, I submitted again so I hope I get a response asap .

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,465
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    i submitted a ticket requesting the difference the day Josie came out and heard nothing and no credit to my account. I checked the status of my ticket and it said I had none, so after seeing the post about some tickets getting lost, I submitted again so I hope I get a response asap .

You did the right thing cause some tickets did get lost as DAZ has said.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I believe it was yesterday that it posted as resolved, so I will just wait a day or so see what happens

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:

What price was Josie supposed to be for PC Members? I thought it was correct- was the site messing up or what?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Fun stuff in the Power Up- the Country Kitchen Accessories and Drone Thunder made it easy for me to cruise into Tier 2. I like the variety they are coming up with too- nice job team!