are yoo a thread killer?

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,346

"Comfy" oversized hoodies, are perfect to alleviate cold.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,503
    Yes, especially when wearing nothing but that hoodie. It's like being in a little tent.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586

...hot cocoa is good as well.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705

kyoto kid said:

...hot cocoa is good as well.

now you tell me about it.

edited March 27

There was an ad on the page with audio.  I panicked and accidentally double posted.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514

frank0314 said:

Thank you very much for the synopsis, that greatly helps. Just watching the previews I'm kind of leery of watching it because it looks like it is a very frustrating movie and I have enough going on in my life to be frustrated about. I don't need things adding to it when I'm relaxing trying to get things off my mind. Thanks again!

You are very welcome and happy Easter.smiley

Have you, or anybody here, watched Strawberry Mansion? Its setting is a supposed, utopianish futuristic 2035, more New Wave-ish flick,where people can tape dreams on a VCR.  The tax auditor, while collecting taxes on thoughts and dreams, drives an immaculate 1960's Chevy Corvair, and dresses like a 40s/50s Humprey Bogart. I managed to force myself thru half of it . . . waitng for it to get better. As an avid movie buff, finding something new worth watching takes more effort than it did years ago. Too many choices, and some former A-list actors are doing B-list movies. Last night I googled best movies and came up with some highly recomended, and at 3rd spot was Strawberry Mansion. I thought, cool, guys with wolf heads, and a witch with a brew, right up my DAZ ally. I watched half of it, until the son arrived, close to the final act it went downhill fast. It went from promising to off course. I found myself wondering if someone found a half-written script from the 60's in some estate sale boxes, and attempted to finish it. I know now Audley and Birney conjured up this and Egbert gave it 4.5 stars, but I doubt I could have suffered through the entire thing, even if I drank an entire bottle of wine or a bunch of rum. So, I reluntantly settled on the free movie, Napoleon.

My first thought about the movie Napolean was, wow, dere are, no french accents? What ees up with dat?  The combo of excessive blood/guts, zombie and war movies, are not on my 'gotta see list' but I do occasionally indulge in the odd one, usually because of hubby. World War Z (humans vs zombies) and  Saving Private Ryan, were well done. Loved The Creator (sci-fi, humans vs robots), but, this one, Napolean, starring Joaquin Phoenix, as Napolean, was for me, a 5 star hands down. The plot was great. But, Strawberry Mansion despite having themes, falters/crashes when it comes to a decent plot. I've seen trippy movies and loved them (You Don't Mess with the Zohan, Alice in Wonderland 2010, Shutter Island,) but not this one. How Strawberry Mansion could do a u-turn, have no sense of direction after establishing  off course and lose the story line, yet still get a 4.5 from Rotten Tomatoes, I honestly don't get it. Luckily my hubby's fender strat (needed a pickup rewired) is ready at Guitar Center, so I have to stop rambling and hit the road.

...the description of Strawberry Mansion sort of reminds me of a film that came out in 1983 titled Brainstorm (directed by Douglas Trumbill) where people's thoughts and memories could be recorded and played back for others to experience through a neural interface headset. 

Just like one of my favorite movies, "Strange Days" with Angela Bassett. One I have been unable to find on streaming services or Blu-Ray.

Why do blueberries have a purple center?

....they blush on the inside?

I always wanted a Genesis 9 banana suit.  Even before Genesis was used for a family of 3D humanoid figures.  I wanted it in the 1980's when it seems I was more interested in the original my little ponies and didn't do art on any computer.

So of course as soon as I say that movie isn't available anywhere, I see it available on HBO Max.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839

apparently your stomach lining blushes when your face does

Who will be the volunteer to test this? It probably can't be me because you can't tell if a brown stomach is blushing.

NylonGirl said:

Who will be the volunteer to test this? It probably can't be me because you can't tell if a brown stomach is blushing.

Not me as I don't want unneeded surgeries. 

NylonGirl said:

Who will be the volunteer to test this? It probably can't be me because you can't tell if a brown stomach is blushing.p

your stomach lining is the same colour as everyone elses

unless maybe diseased 

we all are the same under our skin

edited April 3

but yes might not see face blush blush

you still do though, blood rushes to capillaries

is an advantage if anything as no good comes from people seeing one blush

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I got a migraine but can't stay home.  Next week I will be at my new place so I can stay home if I'm not feeling well.

Probably getting off the phone is a good idea before I get car sick!

Have you seen my iPhone 13?

• beregarberegar Posts: 268

Sfariah D said:

Harrison Ford looks like an old guy now.  He doesn't look as young as when he was in the first Star Wars or the first three Indiana Jones movies.

That's because they haven't replaced him with an AI actor... yet!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,346

And we all aged right along with him! 

I am trying to figure out why this young lady wants to eat so much cat food.

20220109_110929.jpg
    576 x 1024 - 52K
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,583

beregar said:

Sfariah D said:

Harrison Ford looks like an old guy now.  He doesn't look as young as when he was in the first Star Wars or the first three Indiana Jones movies.

That's because they haven't replaced him with an AI actor... yet!

Sort of looks like they did for the first part of Dial of Destiny. He's in pretty good shape for a guy his age, though. Octogenarian! surprise

edited April 5

Also, it's been quite a while since I actually killed a thread.Perhaps I'm just not trying hard enough... devil

Post edited by Torquinox on

FirstBastion said:

And we all aged right along with him! 

Indeed!

I am afraid I am getting paranoid.  There is a tree a couple yards from a window near me.  it keeps swaying in the wind and I keep assuming it is a peeping Tom.

I am looking at my computer and sensing motion outside the window.  The wind is causing the tree to move. I keep looking up to see the tree dance in the wind.

...ents spying on us.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,018
    Portland Timbers are up 2-1 over LAFC. MLS!
    edited April 14

...that match .ended up in a 2 - 2 draw.          

Meanwhile, in baseball Milwaukee defeated Baltimore 11 - 5 to notch  their 10th win.

The Orioles were the original Milwaukee Brewers of 1901 -1902.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

City of Um?