are yoo a thread killer?

Comments

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,537

Are yoo a Facebook killer?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,620

...hmm, 3 pages to go. I wonder will if that eill be the end of the thread killer thread.

edited March 6

...oh, and I think I may have killed the Deviantart AI Art Generator thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

There are no more threads. We've killed them all.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760

One writing forum was killed (temporarily) but not my fault.

This thread will be buried with the chives.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924

The Thread is Dead. broken heart

Long Live the Thread! yes

I know how to kil the thead!  Ask how hens and rooster do it?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271

Sfariah D said:

Peck it to death thinking the thread is a worm?

Yes, that's how it goes.

...it's not quite dead yet

...maybe in a couple pages or so.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,448
    edited March 22

kyoto kid said:

...it's not quite dead yet

...maybe in a couple pages or so.

Still got a bit to go. 90 or so posts

Post edited by frank0314 on

my eyesight appears to be weakening as I scroll down the posts

...puts glasses on

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,214

Sfariah D said:

And for something not completely different, ask how Earthworms do it. indecision

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I Can't read that small especially on my iPhone. 

Well put Wendy's glasses on.

NylonGirl said:

I probably should wear my glasses.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271

Sfariah D said:

NylonGirl said:

I probably should wear my glasses.

but then the wine would pour down your face.

No, I think you are referring to the cup with the coffee.  Wait where is my coffee cup?

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,521

frank0314 said:

ArtAngel said:

I paid 24.00 to watch a movie last night. Here's what I think of the new hunger games movie featuring 18 year old snow:

From what the wife and kids said they left the movie scratching their heads a bit. My health hasn't been good so didn't watch it myself in favor of bed. There was a huge debate afterward in our family discord channel about what it was meaning.

During the 10th Hunger Games, Snow aged 18, poor and bankrupt, fell in love with his tribute, 16 yr old Lucy Gray Baird (a Katniss-like-character). He reported crimes of his best friend and fellow mentor, Sejanus, causing his death. But after he accidently confessed he caused Sejanus's death, Lucy bailed, and he bitterly returned to the capitol to become a gameskeeper. Ironically Sejanus's father, unaware of of Snow's snitching causing his son death, named Snow, aka, Coryo, his heir, catapulting Snow back into a welathy status. The more rich he got, the more brutal he became. In short, it is a prequel to how Snow became tyrannic. But . . . I did not totally get it and I certainly did not emotionally connect with it;. So I thought it sucked.

Maybe a Game of Thrones gif can kill this thread?

Wait!  I can't remember if I finished one episode of the show.  

IMG_0905.gif
    480 x 480 - 1M
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,448

ArtAngel said:

frank0314 said:

ArtAngel said:

I paid 24.00 to watch a movie last night. Here's what I think of the new hunger games movie featuring 18 year old snow:

From what the wife and kids said they left the movie scratching their heads a bit. My health hasn't been good so didn't watch it myself in favor of bed. There was a huge debate afterward in our family discord channel about what it was meaning.

During the 10th Hunger Games, Snow aged 18, poor and bankrupt, fell in love with his tribute, 16 yr old Lucy Gray Baird (a Katniss-like-character). He reported crimes of his best friend and fellow mentor, Sejanus, causing his death. But after he accidently confessed he caused Sejanus's death, Lucy bailed, and he bitterly returned to the capitol to become a gameskeeper. Ironically Sejanus's father, unaware of of Snow's snitching causing his son death, named Snow, aka, Coryo, his heir, catapulting Snow back into a welathy status. The more rich he got, the more brutal he became. In short, it is a prequel to how Snow became tyrannic. But . . . I did not totally get it and I certainly did not emotionally connect with it;. So I thought it sucked.

Thank you very much for the synopsis, that greatly helps. Just watching the previews I'm kind of leery of watching it because it looks like it is a very frustrating movie and I have enough going on in my life to be frustrated about. I don't need things adding to it when I'm relaxing trying to get things off my mind. Thanks again!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,440

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Or copy/paste into notepad,  tired old eyes...

ArtAngel said:

frank0314 said:

ArtAngel said:

Hard to like a movie with a protagonist we hate.

I'm hungry but I already had dinner.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,521

FirstBastion said:

ArtAngel said:

frank0314 said:

ArtAngel said:

Hard to like a movie with a protagonist we hate.

Too true. Someone made a list of Protagonists we Hate. But the we excludes me because nobody asked me crying.  They need to update it. But yesterday I bought the book at Costco and I am certain hope it will be better than the movie. Collins is a great writer, so I expect the book to be better but who knows . . . (shrugs shoulders, licks finger, and turns first page . . . )

Harrison Ford looks like an old guy now.  He doesn't look as young as when he was in the first Star Wars or the first three Indiana Jones movies.

IMG_1040.jpeg
    1200 x 1600 - 234K

ArtAngel said:

Too true. Someone made a list of Protagonists we Hate. But the we excludes me because nobody asked me crying.  They need to update it. But yesterday I bought the book at Costco and I am certain hope it will be better than the movie. Collins is a great writer, so I expect the book to be better but who knows . . . (shrugs shoulders, licks finger, and turns first page . . . )

Books are usually better,  in tthat they tend to give more nuance and subtext and motivations than a movie, which simply can't be done  in a couple hours. 

I enjoyed the original trilogy,  but have litle need to see Snow's backstory. Snow was the Antagonist in those, and he was fairly repulsive throughout.  Not that I don't like Donald Sutherland as an actor,  he really is a gifted Canadian Actor.  To contrast his range,  he played Elizabeth Bennet's dad in P&P opposite Kiera Knightly.

As for that list, except for Frodo and Stanwicky,  none of the characters list are even protagonists,  which made their arguments mostly irrelevant and uninformed. As you say,  they never asked me either.  I would have told them they don't know the proper definition of a protagonist.

Let us know if the book is better.

I'm cold.

This discussion has been closed.