It's Raining Men! Annual Contest - Winners Announced!

1234568»

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited February 2019

We now have winners!

Thank you everyone for your patience. This is a big contest, and it takes a lot to run it. I'm thankful for all the support I get to running this contest. I will be PMing all the winners and the donors to work out the details for getting the prizes distributed. Please allow us the next 24 to 48 hours to get those prizes sent out. In the meantime, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners please look at the stores indicated in the post at the beginning of this thread which list the prizes to make your selections.

Please PM those selections to DAZ_ann0314 with the following information to make it easier to get your choices sorted into your accounts. The email address you use to log into the Daz3d site, what place you won, the link to the item(s) you want from the vendors' donations to your prize package, and the SKU to the item if possible. The soon all winners can get those selections to her the sooner she can get them all sorted into your accounts.

Thank you all for making this such a great contest, both those who donated prizes and those who

And the winners are:

Main Category

1st Place - 115 Everybody Loves a Clown by Phoenix1966

2nd Place - 61 Dogs of War by Braincells

3rd Place - 43 Desperado by Carola O

Re-Purposed Category
    118 The Ambush by
    LaPetiteVerita

Carrara Category
    21 Herc by Stezza_Carrara9

Best Toon
    116 Dragon Ride by Scorpio

PA Category
    14 Beware the Old Man in a World Where Men Die Young by
    DarwinsMishap

Quirkiest Image
    121 Aging Rock Star: Do You Think I'm Sexy by MelanieL

86 Fortune by Symms

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Congrads to all the winners!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

congratulations, l somehow missed 116 Dragon Ride, its funny

• Congratulations to the winners! And great entries from all!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,772

Congratulations to the winners!

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Congratulations to everyone and, once again, a big thank you to Knittingmommy and the sponsors.

• Thank you very much, all you who voted, participated, commented and for your sponsorship!

Knittingmommy and her Admins have done an amazing job running this and it's been so much fun looking at all the entries. 

I'm very grateful for the prize and since I lost my job recently, the vouchers and assets are truly a timely gift from you all.

~braincells

• ohmygoodness!! I think my squeal just woke up every dog in the neighborhood.

I'm beyond flattered; there were so many creative entries in the repurposed category, and so many stellar entries in the contest. The winning entries are fantastic - congratulations to everyone! And a HUGE thank you to Knittingmommy for running this contest, as well as to the judges, sponsors, and everyone else who so generously donated time, energy, and money to make this contest so amazing.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Many grats to all winners and to all that participated! And many thanks for the third place *happy*

• Congratulations to everyone and to the winners! Excellent images!

• Congratulations to the winners! Also big thank you to Knittingmommy.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Congratulations to the winners.  A big thank you to the sponsors and Knittingmommy for all her efforts.

• Congrats!!  Thank you, KM, for all of the hard work you do for us forumites. :) 

• Wow! Congratulations to the winners! :D

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

WOW! Thanks for the "Quirkiest" gong!

Hearty congratulations to all the winners (I see just about all my favourites were in there). And thank you so much to Knittingmommy for running another great contest, to all the sponsors for their support and to everyone who entered and made it an interesting and entertaining event.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Congratulations winners.  Great job by all the participants. 

Special thanks to @Knittingmommy.  You are most excellent.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited February 2019

Big round of applause for everybody who entered - after all, that's what makes a contest a contest !

Biggest congratulations of course to the winners, all nine of you... yes

And thanks Knittinigmommy for all the hard work

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Congratulations everyone. Excellent choices all around.

• Congratulations to all the winners (I did vote for the clown).

Thanks for having the contest again this year, great job. Must have been hard to do all this, so thanks again. It is appreciated, I'm sure, by all of us even if most don't say so.

Thanks to everyone that contributed the prizes.

There were lots of very good entries this year. I voted for many of them that didn't win (sorry all), so thanks to all the people that entered.

Any chance of seeing where my entries stood. I entered but now have no idea where my three wound up. Since I didn't vote for myself I doubt I got any votes, but it would be nice to know. If I was, actually, at the very bottom I might not think it worth trying again (for the third time) with a bad position, but if one of mine made fourth or fifth I'd be more likely to try again (harder this time) so I might win something for a change. I'm sure others might like to know also. If you don't think it should be made public, maybe you could, if we ask, send the info to just the enterants, about their own entries, not all of them. At least it can't hurt to ask.

• Didn't voted, but grats to the winners.  Great insight of what people really like now :)  Thank you for saving my time.

• Congratulations winners and thanks to everyone who participated for the awesome and fun images.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Congrats winners!! Thanks KM for runnign this again :D

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Big congratulations to all the winners and if possible, an even bigger thank you to Knittingmommy and everyone else involved in getting the contest done, including all participants! 

Didn't voted, but grats to the winners.  Great insight of what people really like now :)  Thank you for saving my time.

If it's any comfort @mal3Imagery , you had one of my votes.

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

Congratulations to all the participants! A big thank you to KM for herding cats running the contest!

• You guys are all very welcome. Running this contest every year does take a lot out of me, but I have a lot of help. Seeing all the entries each year makes it totally worth it. This year was amazing with so many creative and fun images. I think we had a nice mix of winning entries. We even had a newbie win a major category by winning the Re-Purposed category with a unique and beautiful use of items. It was a perfect example of what that category is all about.

I think I've sent out all my PM's to the winners and prize donors. It will take a day or two for everything to be sorted out as the prizes come from so many different participants. Please PM me if anyone has issues with redeeming gift card codes or if you have any questions. Especially PM me if I've managed to forget anyone! I do my best to be organized but things do sometimes fall through the cracks.

It was a great contest this year and I hope it's even better next year.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Congratulations to the winners.

And kudos to everyone who entered. There were so many beautiful, incredible images… It truly was a great showcase of the male 3D figures as well as the amazing and varied talents of the artists who participated.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

congrats to all the winners... well done.. yes

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited February 2019
    Congratulations to the winners and thanks again for organizing and to all of the prize donors.
    Post edited by Timbales on
  • Okay. So, I think everyone has now received all their gift cards and prizes from vendors. If anyone is still missing a prize, please PM me so I can rectify this. Thank you!

If anyone has suggestions for what we can do differently or better, you can comment now. I'll consider any suggestions. I've seen a few suggestions already further up in the thread which I'm considering. Otherwise, I'll see you all back here in November!