It's Raining Men! Annual Contest - Winners Announced!

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    @knittingmommy is it possible to retire an entry and enter another in its place? Somehow I really managed to get a lot of rendering done this month and since I mostly render men, I have a lot to chose from. Lol.

What L'Adair said. Just edit the post as an NAE so I can see it and then do a new post with the new image and you'll be good to go.

So will a Toon render be entered only in the regular contest if one doesn't label it toon? If one does label it is toon does that exclude it from the main contest?

All entries are up for the big prize. That's decided first. If an entry wins one of those prizes, it isn't then entered in the secondary contests. You can't win more than once. However, any entries that didn't win one of the main categories are still eligible for competing in the secondary categories. 

Basically, if you enter an image and mark it Toon, it will have a chance to win one of the main categories and the secondary categories. The main categories are awarded first and then we trickle down the list for the other categories. I hope that makes sense. So, if you have an image marked Toon and Newbie. That image has the chance to be entered in the main category, the toon category, and the newbie category. However, it can only win one of them. On the off chance an image were to win two categories, that image would get the better prize of the two, and be taken out of the category of the lesser prize so someone else has a chance to win.

So, if you have an image that fits more than one category, mark it with both. All images are automatically entered in the main category and don't need to be marked for it.

OK, good. I read the rules differently so thanks for clarifying.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2018

Fisticuffs (toon)

"Jumbo, my good fellow ! I feel it only fair to warn you that, should you wish to continue this fisticuffs after regaining your feet I shall have to dispense with the Marquis Of Queensbury rules and remove my tie*..."

*Those are two separate actions - (1) dispense with the Marquis Of Queensbury rules, and (2) remove his tie. There's nothing in the Marquis Of Queensbury rules that says you have to wear a tie

(Link to entries thread)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • @knittingmommy is it possible to retire an entry and enter another in its place? Somehow I really managed to get a lot of rendering done this month and since I mostly render men, I have a lot to chose from. Lol.

What L'Adair said. Just edit the post as an NAE so I can see it and then do a new post with the new image and you'll be good to go.

So will a Toon render be entered only in the regular contest if one doesn't label it toon? If one does label it is toon does that exclude it from the main contest?

All entries are up for the big prize. That's decided first. If an entry wins one of those prizes, it isn't then entered in the secondary contests. You can't win more than once. However, any entries that didn't win one of the main categories are still eligible for competing in the secondary categories. 

Basically, if you enter an image and mark it Toon, it will have a chance to win one of the main categories and the secondary categories. The main categories are awarded first and then we trickle down the list for the other categories. I hope that makes sense. So, if you have an image marked Toon and Newbie. That image has the chance to be entered in the main category, the toon category, and the newbie category. However, it can only win one of them. On the off chance an image were to win two categories, that image would get the better prize of the two, and be taken out of the category of the lesser prize so someone else has a chance to win.

So, if you have an image that fits more than one category, mark it with both. All images are automatically entered in the main category and don't need to be marked for it.

OK, good. I read the rules differently so thanks for clarifying.

Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I'll have to look at how I word this and see if I can make it more clear for next year.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

First and only entry after having a bit of a struggle with male ideas lately. Fortunately, there's always Dimi at almost the last second :)

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited December 2018

What? said Kitty

First entry, hopefully I'll find time for a second one.

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • Saidge42Saidge42 Posts: 128

whew!  finally found some time - I love this contest and I was afraid I wasn't going to make it :D  good luck, everyone!!  there's some amazing work submitted!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited December 2018

Okay, boys and girls! Today is the last day to get your entries locked and loaded in the Entry thread! Please make sure you have all your entries tagged and that you have an attachment with the your entry post.

The contest ends at midnight DAZ time tonight! (GMT-7)

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,250
    edited December 2018
    Thank you to the contest sponsors and knittingmommy for organizing. Your donations and efforts are very much appreciated.
    Post edited by Timbales on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Well, I was hoping to have time to produce something better (or ideally three somethings) but I seem to have run out of time. So here's one of the few "new" render's I've done (with a few pieces picked up in the Holiday Loyalty sale).

#1 - Music of the Spheres

• Managed to do a second entry.

Toon. Who do you think you are!

Well I decided to create a couple more in between watching fireworks on TV (New Year here in the UK an hour ago) - I hope the ink is dry!

#2 - Aging Rock Star: Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

#3 - Just Mates

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited January 2019

Edited to remove whining. 

Post edited by Diomede on

Got the hotspot turned on - hope these upload

gramps one way npr color 2.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
  • It's the end of another It's Raining Men contest. I've hung the contest closed shingle in the Entry thread. I hope everyone had fun creating your renders. I'll keep you posted and let you know when the voting thread is ready.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

It was fun as it always are! Thank you for taking the time to get it up and running KM!

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Carola O said:

It was fun as it always are! Thank you for taking the time to get it up and running KM!

Seconded!

Yeah, thank you KM!

It was fun to see other people's entries - I think judging will be very tricky as there are some real gems here.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Thank you for looking after this KM.  I love this contest.

• Thanks, everybody! I enjoy this contest so much!

• KM you got me to render men!!!!! Twice!!!!

Great contest, thank you very much for hosting it.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

KM you got me to render men!!!!! Twice!!!!

Great contest, thank you very much for hosting it.

You should do that more often. You did great, especially with the old man and the cat!

@Knittingmommy, I'd like to add my voice to the many thanking you for running the show. It would be a sad end-of-the-year without this contest. Your work and generous gift of your time is greatly appreciated.

• Amazing work by so many people and very inspirational.  Thank you for all your work @Knittingmommy

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Yes, it was a fun contest and it got me to enter too after I wasn't going to fool with it and even after I saw the entries I'm voting for as they were wow! to my eyes (well I'll have to look again in case I missed some or change my mind laugh). Thanks for organizing, shepherding, sponsoring, and participating to those concerned. 

• sb1978sb1978 Posts: 12
    edited January 2019

Thanks so much for running the contest.  It was the first I have entered here at DAZ!

Post edited by sb1978 on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Thanks so much for hosting this great contest KM you rock girl!!!!

• Saidge42Saidge42 Posts: 128

agreed!!  it's always fun, always amazing entries, and Knittingmommy always goes above and beyond to host :D  thank you!!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2019

Thanks everyone! I'm still sorting through images and working on the voting thread page. The plan is to have it up by Sunday night and open up the public voting. I'll let you know when I have a link to it!

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

Thank you, KM, for organizing and administering.  I sent you a PM.  

• Update! So, the voting thread is going to take a couple more days as I sort through images, give random numbers and set up the voting on SurveyMonkey. You guys! There were a lot more entries than I had thought given we only had 5 pages. I had forgotten just how many entry posts could go on one page! I'll have some numbers for you by tomorrow, but I think we might have come close to beating the number of entries we had last year. Makes me happy. I'll have to double check last year's numbers and compare them to this year's numbers. I'll post a breakdown of numbers and categories when I'm done. I had to take a break but I'll dive back in first thing in the morning to finish things up. So, I might have everything set by Tuesday. I'll keep you posted.