off topic thread

Comments

• not seen this before

Capture.PNG
    1920 x 1040 - 392K
  • I get that warning frequently.  Don't really know what the effect is.

• Curious as to how large the texture images are to start with. I've not seen that before either however most of my work with figures is in the other program. I do make textures though from time to time.

• rk66rk66 Posts: 433

Is the "Texture Map Size" option in the Interactive Renderer, the size is too big.

• Okay :-)

• Yes new PC was at default instead of my low settings 

• Learned something new, thanks rk66!

What should the setting be?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,816

when I get stuff with large images or lots of stuff in the scene I set it to either 1024 or 512 .. otherwise I just leave it at the default 2048 smiley

• I was playing with DAZ studio and rendered something with iray fairly quickly but it was an older product 

I used Dforce 

just when I started to think mmm DS is not too bad of course I load a new item on Genesis 8 male

of course even base resolution it goes to CPU grrrrr

screams pitifully and runs back to Carrara must stop buying the new things

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thread in the commons about collasped uv maps.

can't wrap my head around about what they trying to accomplish.

• Mystarra said:

thread in the commons about collasped uv maps.

can't wrap my head around about what they trying to accomplish.

I am guessing they are not getting them UDIM exported for some reason 

maybe not unchecking collapse UV tiles as Destinys Garden suggested

we dont have this problem in Carrara as we can paint multiple maps at once

I need them UV UDIM spread out for Zbrush though but I can also hide bits and export overlapping UVs as separate maps.

• Stezara said:

when I get stuff with large images or lots of stuff in the scene I set it to either 1024 or 512 .. otherwise I just leave it at the default 2048 smiley

Thanks!  On the other hand, it seems to me that the Carrara prompt reduces the texture automatically when needed, so maybe I don't need to do anything.

• Mandelbulber 3D on GPU is loads of fun

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

https://youtu.be/0rIrWLAz_94

Mandelbulber 3D on GPU is loads of fun

Very cool!

yous ever heard anything in the you tube free audio library that has a beat like stary cat strut?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,888

Do any Carrara users own a 4K monitor and is the text extra tiny on it?

• ? how many K it is, it's new and yes the text on Desktop icons was very small ... we joked that somebody was related to the fellas that are making the phonebooks. Found D/S too hard to read the text too. So, going against the system's desire to present teenie tiny text to the world, I changed it to a different resolution and now the text is readable. Catch is that some programs may or not display quite as expected. Having no problems so far with Carrara on the lower settings.

? how many K it is, it's new and yes the text on Desktop icons was very small ... we joked that somebody was related to the fellas that are making the phonebooks. Found D/S too hard to read the text too. So, going against the system's desire to present teenie tiny text to the world, I changed it to a different resolution and now the text is readable. Catch is that some programs may or not display quite as expected. Having no problems so far with Carrara on the lower settings.

Not got one just asking before I ever decide to devil

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019
    edited October 2019

? how many K it is, it's new and yes the text on Desktop icons was very small ... we joked that somebody was related to the fellas that are making the phonebooks. Found D/S too hard to read the text too. So, going against the system's desire to present teenie tiny text to the world, I changed it to a different resolution and now the text is readable. Catch is that some programs may or not display quite as expected. Having no problems so far with Carrara on the lower settings.

Not got one just asking before I ever decide to devil

This is a laptop, 17.5" screen that apparently can display a lot of information, if it's small enough!

In digging through the old drives found some ancient Carrara tuts! And a tutorial [for any program] on making shorts. Previous tutorials had usually started with a cube, this one uses a sphere. And ... DAZ. {free for the PC+} has released a model of thread ....

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019
    edited October 2019

I have a halo.

I told somebody once how it is at times I can see it ... and it can change shapes too ... and she got real mad at me and told me not to do what I can to see my halo ... then one day somebody took my photo with an inexpensive flash camera ... I have checked that wall over and over, took several photos of it at the time, the paint is even toned. Given how dark my image was, it was not due to the flash ... had to enhance the photo to see me ... and that's why it looks perhaps a little stronger but anyhow ... struggling with many issues these days ... just want to show somebody, my halo.

My Halo.jpg
    841 x 841 - 108K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

I have a halo.

Cool.  You should be able to make some money around Christmas posing in Nativity scenes.

• Not around here lol ...

edited October 2019

Ah the DAZ studio version 

is very green

probably planning addons I love his spring one

good new all his stuffs will be on sale though for newer Carrara users like @Catherine3678ab yes who might not have them yet

https://www.daz3d.com/world-gardens-japan-for-daz-studio

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Photoshop Elements 2020 has been released for anyone interested.  smiley

would be interested if the wand masking tool could antialias sub pixels.  my version masks blocky pixels.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Stezza said:

Photoshop Elements 2020 has been released for anyone interested.  smiley

Underwhelming.  A lot of AI stuff for one-clickers. 

How about adding tone mapping?

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    2 more days of the Corel Humble bundle with Painter and Paintshop Pro and others worth 1000$, for at least 25$ in charity. https://www.humblebundle.com/software/painter-create-with-confidence Far better deal than Adobe...

i used corel draw before poser 3 smiley  vector tracing was so handy, scaled without pixelating

had a fun idea, used to be they sold stars, name em what you wanted.
    wouldnt it be fun to name a couple stars after the planet names in sff stories ee hee

hmmm the the bones can be dragged out of the character group.

the figure domes in with the body rotation set to quartneon, but the bones rotations are set to angle

the carrara weightmap brush can do serious damage  my goodness 

This discussion has been closed.