The Brute 8

Comments

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    edited September 2018

My Brute render. 

It'sGettingHotInHere.jpg
    776 x 992 - 361K
    Post edited by deathbycanon on
  • I wish promo artists would show clothes separately as well together. Like for the lumberjack outfit, can the shirt work alone or with other pants?

The shirt can't really be worn alone. It is modeled so that it has a permanently "tucked in" shape. By unlocking some of the parameters and using the ones included with the jeans from the H&C Checkered Shirt set, it does work with them. I am disappointed the buttons are on the wrong size. For some, that may be nitpicking, but when you try to render realistic things, details like this can matter.

Yes i wish PA's watched details more closely, same issue i have with the Guitar. There is a prety model gutar here but because the strings are wrong it stopped me from buying it.

I guess the bass guitar PA can be happy as im now "forced" to buy that. Just wish there was an option to switch to 2 J-pickups in stead of an P-Pickup but thats just the bas player in me that is nitpicking.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited September 2018
    Mescalino said:

Hmm definately not what i was expecting but its a male. Still i think (but i could be wrong) he does more as a genepool addition then stand alone. Curious to see what people come up with here.

Totally agree! He's just what I needed for my RandomIzer2 demon. Morpheus was pushing them a little too strange. I can't wait to play some more.

And I was able to knock done items off my wishlist - the zombie morphs will also add to the gene. AND I loaded up on weapons and poses for the demon battle! Happy dance...

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited September 2018

My Brute render. 

Fabulous render! How did you get those suspenders to behave? I had a lot of trouble with them when I used that outfit, but then again, I autofit it. Did you use Riversoft's clothing converter?

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Okay. first time rendering with The Brute at 100%.  I feel like he's generally more of a gene pool addition than a standalone character, just because the situations where you'd use a 6' 7" muscle bound wrecking ball would be fairly limited.  Plus, none of the fantasy outfits really jumped out at me this go around. Still, everyone's renders here have looked fantastic, so what do I know?

"If you want this crown, you'll have to take it."

I had another render in mind, but I really needed an outfit I didn't have.  Turns out a good chainmail coif is hard to come by.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    barbult said:
    Llynara said:

LMAO @barbult !

laugh

I submitted a help request about this "buttons on the wrong side" issue. I included a link to this image in my gallery. I encourage everyone who is unhappy with this shirt to let customer service know. We can't even return the product, because it is part of the bundle. We are stuck with it. We need to let Daz and PAs know that we expect a shirt marketed for a male to button correctly.

OK, I submitted a ticket too. Lumberjack clothing used to be pretty standard fashion wear in these parts, and many other places too I think so it needs to be corrected, although it's been superceded by cheap colored t-shirts for a while now.

• Llynara said:

My Brute render. 

Fabulous render! How did you get those suspenders to behave? I had a lot of trouble with them when I used that outfit, but then again, I autofit it. Did you use Riversoft's clothing converter?

nope just autofit, They must just like Brute's curves. :) 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,742
    Mescalino said:

Yes i wish PA's watched details more closely, same issue i have with the Guitar. There is a prety model gutar here but because the strings are wrong it stopped me from buying it.

I guess the bass guitar PA can be happy as im now "forced" to buy that. Just wish there was an option to switch to 2 J-pickups in stead of an P-Pickup but thats just the bas player in me that is nitpicking.

Do you know about this bass guitar; it's not a Jazz, but it has two pickups? Here's the best guitar I have ever used (separate surfaces for everything with wound strings for the bottom three), and it's free! I bought the Bass because it has the most posable strap I've found.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158

Conversing With With Old Man Mountain   #Gallery

The complete picture

• NathNath Posts: 2,731

Old Man Mountain  ...umm... rocks! Great picture:)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    Ivy said:

Conversing With With Old Man Mountain   #Gallery

The complete picture

Really like the seated version.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158

Thanks Guys :)

• I had some fun playing with the items in the Brute 8 Pro Bundle and made this familiar-looking dude:

Image in my gallery here (https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/648966/).

Skeletor01G8M_iRay.png
    618 x 800 - 1014K
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,438

Awesome character. He has my favorite skin textures right now. I will be using him a lot!

• I bought him on the day of release, but work has been so busy this week I only got to install today.  A lot of possibilities for this figure, especially mixed with the rest of the Genesis 8 line.  My first render with Brute 8:

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2018

The Brute along with Gail by Mousso.

I bought just the character to add to my G8M gene pool as most of my budget this month has been spent on some great PA deals on products from my wishlist. 

Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • Here is my render using The Brute 8. Colossus from The X-Men! It's been a good 10 to 15 years since I've done any X-Men related fan art!

Whoa, that looks cool!

Here's the Brute having fun with the ladies. This is a promo for "Bringing Sexy Back" by Kaos3D (Renderhub.com)

Items Used: 

• Bringing Sexy Back by Kaos3d (Renderhub)
    • The Brute 8
    • Greyson Hair
    • Oh My Body Hair for G3M by Redz (Rendo)
    • Gwynn for G8F
    • Lainey for G8F
    • Channen Hair for G8F
    • Linda Ponytail for G8F
    • Beach Bundle for G8F
    • Swimwear 2 for G2F
    • Ultra HDR Seaside Resort
    Bringing-Sexy-Back-Llynara.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 706K
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,117

A mix. The Brute 8 with Ishimoto for G8M's head and a bit of Ichiro (from the EJ Ethnic Morphs) head. He's great!

• Chohole said:

Yeah, posting that picture here would certainly violate the site's TOS! cheeky

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2018

I got The Brute 8 on day one but wasn't able to try him out until today. Of course, since I'm still reluctant to use gen8, I successfully transferred him to Gen 3 and used him to buff Nosferatu (100%), The Brute 8 (80%) and The Fallen One (15%). I'm really excited by what he adds to the gene pool. Any character turns intimidating by "brutifying them"!

Gallery Links to "Wizard KingFull Version | Cropped Close Up

Close up of the character:

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
    edited September 2018

Wow, Gigi! He looks great. What a clever idea to move Brute 8 backwards and add him to the gene pool. Hadn't thought of doing that. Very cool! Reminds me of something from World of Warcraft or other game art.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • That is a great Skeletor-esque looking character, Gigi. heart

• Llynara said:

Wow, Gigi! He looks great. What a clever idea to move Brute 8 backwards and add him to the gene pool. Hadn't thought of doing that. Very cool! Reminds me of something from World of Warcraft or other game art.

Thank you! You nailed it with the World of Warcraft reference laugh. Once I made the character figured I'd tie him in with the colors. I've never played the game but the art is beautiful. The movie was horrible plot-wise, but visually it was quite striking.

GlenWebb said:

That is a great Skeletor-esque looking character, Gigi. heart

Thank you! I should've waited and uploaded him closer to Halloween now that I think about it haha.

I have a lot of those games but don't play them because you would never see me again. I'd be happily lost in Game World! LOL And would forget to feed my kids, and do housework and stuff. So yeah, I admire the art and stay away lest I fall into the black hole! 

• just sent some cloth adjustments  off to another PA to test them since I had a few free minutes :)  

LM

Wow, that was fast. The Brute 8 sale is already gone. I bought him the day he came out, on Sept 18th. 

• VincentXyoojVincentXyooj Posts: 56
    edited September 2018

Fully opened version of the Lumberjack shirt, with additional morphs for working outside the pants, and more wrinkle details :D, plus its dForce ready, and get this the buttons are on the proper side :o. 

Post edited by Chohole on

Did it get an update, or are you working your magic? Great render! 

• I made a couple edits to the shirt and sent them off to Vincent to test them.  Apparrantly on a half naked dude ;)  lol

I'm checking with DAZ about distribution.

LM