The Brute 8

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,748

Note to self: never try to comprehend a Daz sale at 2:30AM after coming home from a party where you consumed like 10 glasses of champagne. I just looked at at all the offers and had to laugh because I will definitely need a lot of coffee in the morning to even understand everything they are offering and whether it all is something I need or want... $90 off what? Will this sale even make sense sober? Do I need to be a member of Mensa to understand it? I guess I’ll know in the morning. But I really don’t need a Brute. I want a Nathan Fillion or young Robert Redford type...

• AtiAti Posts: 9,090

Note to self: never try to comprehend a Daz sale at 2:30AM after coming home from a party where you consumed like 10 glasses of champagne. I just looked at at all the offers and had to laugh because I will definitely need a lot of coffee in the morning to even understand everything they are offering and whether it all is something I need or want... $90 off what? Will this sale even make sense sober? Do I need to be a member of Mensa to understand it? I guess I’ll know in the morning. But I really don’t need a Brute. I want a Nathan Fillion or young Robert Redford type...

Don't worry, it will make sense once you read through the sale page. :)

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

A fantastic addition to the G8M stable IMO. Love him. Quick render of 100 percent Brute with slightly tweaked Altern8 settings. And the free offers were a great way for me to make up various missing characters and bits and pieces from bundles.

TheBrute.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 899K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited September 2018

The Brute 8 - dialled at 50% and his "Duel Lobe Specular Reflectivity" turned down to .18:

Post edited by 3Diva on
    Redz said:

A fantastic addition to the G8M stable IMO. Love him. Quick render of 100 percent Brute with slightly tweaked Altern8 settings. And the free offers were a great way for me to make up various missing characters and bits and pieces from bundles.

Awsome! :D Thank you for using Altern8. ...The amazing Redz uses Altern8 - ahhhhh! I just had a weird fan-girl moment! heheh :D

The Brute 8 dialled at 50% with Altern8 ("Aiko 8 A - No Maps" + "SSS Tint B"):

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

The link on Jakob and iCan SWEAT Poses are still not correct.

• Color me surprised. A solidly put together bundle with some neat items -is that a 'Thor: Ragnarok' reference with one of the PA characters? lmao-, a VincentXyooj character, and a good discount on extra items. Also got the green bar, so... bonus! Credit where credit is due: they did a pretty fantastic job with this character. I didn't think we'd see another 'Freak'-type character, given Toon Dwayne 8 and other PA add-ons, but hey, maybe it's time to be pleasantly surprised, haha.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    Redz said:

Awsome! :D Thank you for using Altern8. ...The amazing Redz uses Altern8 - ahhhhh! I just had a weird fan-girl moment! heheh :D

Haha I love your Altern8 product Diva! It’s a great starting point for pulling out the skin details that tend to get lost with the default materials of the current generation. 

edited September 2018

I couldn't resist. 

Sorry, not sorry. :P

Post edited by 3Diva on
    Redz said:
    Redz said:

Haha I love your Altern8 product Diva! It’s a great starting point for pulling out the skin details that tend to get lost with the default materials of the current generation. 

Dawww Thank you! :D That put a huge smile on my face!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

The Brute 8 dialled at 50% with Altern8 ("Aiko 8 A - No Maps" + "SSS Tint B"):

Wow, it's Joe Torre! Thought I recognized The Brute 8 from somewhere.

• Thank you Daz and PAs involved. This is a great looking character and collection. My cart is so stuffed with Brute items at the moment. Ezra and Jacob look FANTASTIC!
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

So, Freak has been reincarnated...

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited September 2018

Hubba, hubba! Hellooooooo hottie! Yeah, it's gonna be an expensive day at DAZneyland for me! I might not be able to leave my computer. I'll be staring at him all day long. 

LMAO @divamakeup ! And thank you for those renders. Mmmmmmmm

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Llynara said:

Hubba, hubba! Hellooooooo hottie! Yeah, it's gonna be an expensive day at DAZneyland for me! I might not be able to leave my computer. I'll be staring at him all day long. 

LMAO @divamakeup ! And thank you for those renders. Mmmmmmmm

Well, I was thinking along the same lines, but I have to go to work. So all I can do is dream. ;)
  • Definitely picking this pro bundle up when I get home from work.  Lots of possibilities here. 

• Anybody recognize the outfit used in the promo for the Giant HD add-on where he is standing on the mountain (https://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/i/giant-hd-for-the-brute-8-03-daz3d.jpg)?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905
    edited September 2018

I was on the fence on the pro bundle, but I just picked up almost $500 for $45. Well, alrighty then

I also really like that Brute is big and beefy without being cartoonishly inflated. Nothing wrong with cartoonishly inflated, but nice to have more options.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • Redz said:

He looks fantastic, @Redz! Your hair/beard suit him well.

- Greg

• I couldn't resist. 

Heh . . . all kidding aside, his skin looks great, @Divamakeup. Can't wait to find some time to play with the boatload of new goodies I picked up - especially looking forward to the add-on characters (Hulk and Giant).

- Greg

• Note to self: never try to comprehend a Daz sale at 2:30AM after coming home from a party where you consumed like 10 glasses of champagne. I just looked at at all the offers and had to laugh because I will definitely need a lot of coffee in the morning to even understand everything they are offering and whether it all is something I need or want... $90 off what? Will this sale even make sense sober? Do I need to be a member of Mensa to understand it? I guess I’ll know in the morning. But I really don’t need a Brute. I want a Nathan Fillion or young Robert Redford type...

Haha, @wonderland, 10 glasses of champagne on a Monday night, you go girl I wish I had your life!

• I kind of wish that Mr Rubble was switched with one of the add on the characters in the bundle.  I will probably never use him

• The Inner CircleThe Inner Circle Posts: 224
    edited September 2018

I couldn't resist. 

I see Borat has seriously bulked up and his mankini has turned alien.

Nice render Diva if a little disturbing :)

Post edited by The Inner Circle on
  • L'Adair said:
    Cybersox said:

Looks like we have this generations Ivan/Freak.  Definitely some interesting items in the Pro Bundle and, in a weird turn, I've already got a bonus green bar offer before the actual store promo offer has dropped.

Same here.

Though I do think we may be in for a surprise… Apparently Brute 8 comes with "Genesis 8 Female Anatomical Elements"

angel laugh

Haha - Typo in the Feature List.  The sku actually gave the Male version.  :)  Typo fixed.

• dw191062 said:

I couldn't resist. 

I see Borat has seriously bulked up and his mankini has turned alien.

Nice render Diva if a little disturbing :)

Sort of how I'd assume a bathroom break at a tarpit to turn out.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

did somebody say it already?

wait for ittt ...

et tu brute`

• DamselDamsel Posts: 376

Why is he $134? I usually get the pro bundle for $60. I have a green bar, but that just brings him down to $110.

• So I put Brute pro bundle in my cart.  It dropped to $34.90.  Added my first set of $30 free items, all works as it should, added the second set and the Brute Pro Bundle shot up to $80.  (and yes, I have the second qualifying item in my cart.  Not buying it at $80 when it was just in my cart for $34.  Even with all the free stuff...