[Updated to V1.3 - now MacOS support] FLUIDOS: a fluids simulator plugin for Daz Studio (commercial)

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    tkdrobert said:

Those of you who have bought this, please post examples.  I might pick it up tommorrow.  I've never done animations with DAZ, so I'm not sure how long it will take me to learn.  I would be using it for still images though,

I'm still trying things out, so nothing to show yet - and I would also be using it for stills.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    tkdrobert said:

Those of you who have bought this, please post examples.  I might pick it up tommorrow.  I've never done animations with DAZ, so I'm not sure how long it will take me to learn.  I would be using it for still images though,

Honestly I was totally intimidated by doing animations ( I use them for dforce it tends to make the items flow a tiny bit better) but it wasn't hard at all.  I don't do anything complicated but the basics are pretty simple.

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

So right off the bat, I installed, opened studio, started watching the tutorial, and I have no "fluidos" options in the create menu. What am I doing wrong?

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318

did you insert the serial number at plugins ?

argh!

thanks Twilight I'll do that lol

• I bought this and installed it through Daz Connect.I see there is a serial number, but I don't see the product listed under plug-ins. Is there some place else I am suppose to enter the serial number. I do see the product listed under the F's in the product folder. There are eight icons.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

YOINK

Thank you!

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192

did you insert the serial number at plugins ?

I was just coming to ask the same question as Brugan.  LOL  Many thanks and good karma from me as well Twilight76 for suggesting that, it didn't cross my mind at all!!  D'oh!!!!  

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited August 2018

Could you put one of the rigged water products into the Fluidos cube and have it simulate. I'm thinking something like https://www.daz3d.com/sy-rigged-water-iray-3-dforce and make it simulate rain a little better.

Edit: Just purchased, can't play with it until after work.

Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited August 2018
    MarcCCTx said:

Could you put one of the rigged water products into the Fluidos cube and have it simulate. I'm thinking something like https://www.daz3d.com/sy-rigged-water-iray-3-dforce and make it simulate rain a little better.

Oh no, please don't try to do that, lol.  That geometry is not meant to be simmed as water.  Most of it is made of flat planes to optimize it for dForce.

I can't find where to enter the serial number either, though.  Is it somewhere other than About Installed Plugins?  I did install with DIM and I was able to find the tutorials.  Can't wait to have "live" water in my scenes!

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited August 2018

To add serial number:

On this website, go to My Account

Click Serial Numbers and copy the serial number for the Fluidos Product

Next go into studio

Go to Help/About installed plugins

Scroll down to the Fluidos Product, paste the serial number and click OK, then restart studio and you should be up and running :)

Post edited by Brugan on
    Brugan said:

To add serial number:

Next go into studio

Scroll down to the Fluidos Product, paste the serial number and click OK, then restart studio and you should be up and running :)

Nope. It's not in the installed plugins even after DIM install.
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    Ah its released now! Can't wait to try this out.
    Brugan said:

To add serial number:

Next go into studio

Ok that's wierd. Try uninstall/reinstall?

Did you get a popup for a C++ install when dim was installing it?

edited August 2018
    Brugan said:
    Brugan said:

To add serial number:

Next go into studio

Yes, it claimed that went through without problems. I'll try uninstalling next, I guess.
    Post edited by SickleYield on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Brugan said:

To add serial number:

Next go into studio

Try the manual installation, it should work.

Do you need the mesher to see any result? I'm having trouble getting anything to simulate.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited August 2018

Very cool plug-in. Lot's of fun and pretty easy to use. Here are two quick tests. Sim time was just about 20 seconds of so. Setup similar to the tutorial. Fluid 1 and two differ just by the addtion of viscosity (set to 100).

Ciao

TD

Fluid 1.png
    1658 x 1137 - 943K
    Fluid 2.png
    1658 x 1137 - 704K
    Post edited by thd777 on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

I bought this.  I see there is a tutorial when I downloaded it with DIM.  How do i view the tutorial?

They're in the library :

/General/Alvin Bémar/FLUIDOS for Daz Studio/54155_Fluidos Tutorial 1.mp4 
    /General/Alvin Bémar/FLUIDOS for Daz Studio/54155_Fluidos Tutorial 2.mp4 

Wow, thank you for you developing this plugin. I would buy this just to support your efforts and any future updates/improvments.

I have great respect for plugin developers----I believe they need more love and encouragement from us, as I know just how arduous and toilsome the coding can be. I really hope this sells well for you so you will do a 2.0 version in the future.

-P

Thank you!

I hope this sells well, too, because there are many features I wish to implement for v 2.0

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026
    edited August 2018
    KevinH said:

I bought this and installed it through Daz Connect.I see there is a serial number, but I don't see the product listed under plug-ins. Is there some place else I am suppose to enter the serial number. I do see the product listed under the F's in the product folder. There are eight icons.

From memory, Connect can't install plugins, only content. So it probably installed content for the plugin but not the plugin itself. Which would mean that's there's a separate installer for the plugin that you'll have to install either through DIM or manually.

edit: I just checked, the product page lists 4 install files: 32 and 64 bits installers for the plugin, a DSON Core file (probably the one you installed) and a tutorial installer.

Post edited by Leana on
    edited August 2018

Nice! I need to try this one, pool scenes and destruction scenarios will be amazing with this!

I magine all the blood I can make with this one, haha. Well, sorry, I'm trying to make a comic that has caos and some violence and this opens the door for realistic blood and other stuff on cross-fire scenes on a chemical warehouse, police story clichés...

But I have 3 big questions question

1. Can I freeze specyfic momment of the simulation and distribute it's stages along the scene? I mean like using specyfic frames as objects to distribute on a panel when bullets pierce a tank, imagine it is for panels on a regular comic.

2. Can export a frame as an obj? Some stuff I render in modo and many times I borrow content from DS :P

2. Does it run on 4.9? I was having horrible problems on 4.10 because the viewport is kinda broken, I use a lot the view aim and I had to roll back to 4.9 to not lose my mind...

Also, your store link is broken in the product page, the link on the product takes us to https://www.daz3d.com/alvin-bémar, error 404, but your store is working on https://www.daz3d.com/alvin-bemar

1. Yes, the mesher is the visualizer of the simulation. Controlling the Completion property you can choose what  frames to see and when.

2. Yes, can be exported to obj.

3. Yes, it works for 4.9. I tested even in 4.6.

I noticed the problem with the link: the accent in "e", thank you!

Post edited by Alberto on
    KevinH said:

I bought this and installed it through Daz Connect.I see there is a serial number, but I don't see the product listed under plug-ins. Is there some place else I am suppose to enter the serial number. I do see the product listed under the F's in the product folder. There are eight icons.

MarcCCTx said:

Oh no, please don't try to do that, lol.  That geometry is not meant to be simmed as water.  Most of it is made of flat planes to optimize it for dForce.

I can't find where to enter the serial number either, though.  Is it somewhere other than About Installed Plugins?  I did install with DIM and I was able to find the tutorials.  Can't wait to have "live" water in my scenes!

The only place to enter the serial number is About Installed Plugins at "FLUIDOS for Daz Studio".

Oso3D said:

Do you need the mesher to see any result? I'm having trouble getting anything to simulate.

Yes, it is needed. I can help you if you describe me your troubles.

Brugan said:
    Brugan said:

To add serial number:

Next go into studio

Yes, it claimed that went through without problems. I'll try uninstalling next, I guess.

Let me know if you still are having problems, please.

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited August 2018

ok, not realy simple :)

A lot of Settings there

ketchup.png
    640 x 480 - 148K
    Post edited by Twilight76 on
    thd777 said:

Very cool plug-in. Lot's of fun and pretty easy to use. Here are two quick tests. Sim time was just about 20 seconds of so. Setup similar to the tutorial. Fluid 1 and two differ just by the addtion of viscosity (set to 100).

Ciao

TD

Well done!

I am attempting to simulate a fluid in a bottle, but the fluid keeps 'leaking' out of the bottle. Which parameters will help keep this from happening?

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited August 2018

I just picked this up and got it all installed  & working in my quick test. .. The first thing I want to say is thank you, thank you, thank you. for including the 2 video tutorials  it made finding things so much easier.

Unfortunately I won't have time to mess with it today. I got to head to work in a few minutes but this weekend i'm going to see what i can do with it  . Thanks again for the great instructions I'm excited to play with this plugin

Post edited by Ivy on
    Oso3D said:

I am attempting to simulate a fluid in a bottle, but the fluid keeps 'leaking' out of the bottle. Which parameters will help keep this from happening?

1. The bottle must be a closed mesh (i.e., have volume) to work.
    2. If the point 1 is fullfilled, maybe the resolution is too low (the plugin can't see the walls of the bottle). In this case, there are some alternative solutions:
      • Reduce the cell size (Main settings of the Domain), or
      • Add a Geometry shell to the bottle, or
      • Increase the Thick of the bottle (the bottle parented must have FLUIDOS/Obstacle properties, here, you find Thicken.