[Updated to V1.3 - now MacOS support] FLUIDOS: a fluids simulator plugin for Daz Studio (commercial)

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Is it as easy to use as dForce is (just press the 'simulate' button)?

Could a tidal wave be generated, so that we can finally depict surfing on a wave?

The workflow is this:

You have to add a Domain, that is, the 3D space where the fluid simulation operates. It's a void cube, but you can resize as you wish.

All the objects to be part of the simulation must be parented to the domain.  
    I added some scripts to aid in the setting of the central properties of the domain (only a click on one of them). You set the frames you wish to last the simulation.
    For the simulation itself, yes, you press a button.
    The results will be shown a Mesher you must add too. 

Don't worry. The package includes a manual, two example scenes, a recipes book and two video tutorials. And you can ask me too.

domain_1.jpg
    1920 x 1048 - 261K
    waves4rb.png
    1300 x 1000 - 1000K
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

This is an instabuy for me. Awesome work Alberto, bringing fluid sim into DAZStudio. 

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318

wow this looks realy great.

• Very exciting!!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited August 2018

Geez, I'm never going to be able to stop buying add ons for DAZ Studio, am I?  Looks really exciting. :)

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709
    edited August 2018
    Got reponse.
    Post edited by mal3Imagery on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Very interested

• Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65

Also an insta buy for me. For a while now I've been using mcasuals script for liquids but this seems much more cleanly packaged. :) I love mcasuals stuff and being freebies is a plus but due to that the learning curve is quite steap. Many like liquids simulation are worth paying some dough to get the extra bells and whistles, thank you for this. :)

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238

Sign me up, too. I am particularly impressed with and interested in the support for making footprints in snow --  on top of all the more obvious uses for simulating and animating fluids. 

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    Timotheus said:

Sign me up, too. I am particularly impressed with and interested in the support for making footprints in snow --  on top of all the more obvious uses for simulating and animating fluids. 

Yeah footptints in sand would also be awesome

Timotheus said:

This is very easy. Fluidos have an option for Viscosity. A very high viscosity value do the effect. What you see in the second demo video, the genesis figure walking on the snow, is precisely the procedure. I used baked aniblocks, the figure walked on the fluid along simulation, and the footprints formed naturally, as in real life. 

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238
    Alberto said:
    Timotheus said:

This is very easy. Fluidos have an option for Viscosity. A very high viscosity value do the effect. What you see in the second demo video, the genesis figure walking on the snow, is precisely the procedure. I used baked aniblocks, the figure walked on the fluid along simulation, and the footprints formed naturally, as in real life. 

How about a scenario involving wind? Is there any way to simulate wind blowing snow?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

WOW. finally DAZ Studio steps up another notch!  

Timotheus said:
    Alberto said:
    Timotheus said:

How about a scenario involving wind? Is there any way to simulate wind blowing snow?

Very interesting question!

There are four types of forces implemented in Fluidos for Daz Studio: gravitational, point, torque and surface forces. Although the wind can be simulated with some of these forces, it could be tricky.

However, in the internals of the plugin there is a Flow force I didn't enabled by now to avoid to complicate the usage with more properties. But this would be good for wind simulation.

If you are interested, I could implement flow force in the next free update. 

• Can't wait
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Really cool. A pluggin like this one is great. Does it work a bit like fluid simulations in Blender?

Really cool. A pluggin like this one is great. Does it work a bit like fluid simulations in Blender?

It's similar to the included in Blender, but Fluidos is faster.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249

@Alberto

This look really good.
    Remindes me of Realflow for Cinema 4D.

Will this also work on a Mac, or will is only for Windows PC?

Thank you.

FusionLA said:

@Alberto

This look really good.

Thank you.

Only Windows PC... by now.

• Alberto said:
    Timotheus said:
    Alberto said:
    Timotheus said:

There are four types of forces implemented in Fluidos for Daz Studio: gravitational, point, torque and surface forces. Although the wind can be simulated with some of these forces, it could be tricky.

However, in the internals of the plugin there is a Flow force I didn't enabled by now to avoid to complicate the usage with more properties. But this would be good for wind simulation.

It would be good - one thing I can see using this for is more plausible water in streams and pools, though from your pevious answer it would presumably be necessary to take the ground into a modeller and give it thickness for most landscape sets.

Alberto said:
    FusionLA said:

@Alberto

This look really good.

Thank you.

It sadly looks like someting I will not be able to use, I'm a Mac user.

Looking forward to see how others use this.

Alberto said:
    Timotheus said:
    Alberto said:
    Timotheus said:

It would be good - one thing I can see using this for is more plausible water in streams and pools, though from your pevious answer it would presumably be necessary to take the ground into a modeller and give it thickness for most landscape sets.

Yes, for landscapes without thickness. Hexagon can do it.

FusionLA said:
    Alberto said:
    FusionLA said:

@Alberto

This look really good.

Thank you.

Only for now. It's in my "to do" list.

Alberto said:
    FusionLA said:
    Alberto said:
    FusionLA said:

@Alberto

This look really good.

Thank you.

Only for now. It's in my "to do" list

Alberto said:
    FusionLA said:
    Alberto said:
    FusionLA said:

@Alberto

This look really good.

Thank you.

Only for now. It's in my "to do" list.

Thank you for glimmer of hope:)
    If and when a Mac version is completed, it would be quick buy for me.

• MendomanMendoman Posts: 401
    Alberto said:

Oh boy, this sounds like an excellent plugin. Could you elaborate how much faster we are talking about here?

Mendoman said:
    Alberto said:

Oh boy, this sounds like an excellent plugin. Could you elaborate how much faster we are talking about here?

Let me do some tests to give you a precise answer.

This is scene with equivalent ouput resolution.

Blender 2.79b initial setup:

Daz Studio 4.10 initial setup:

I choose two more or less equivalent frames to compare (the simulations are not identical, the algorithms are different)

Blender result (30th frame)

Daz Studio result (29th frame)

The test was done in the same machine for Blender and Daz Studio, 60 frames were simulated:

Blender: 7:03 min
    Daz Studio: 5:29 min

DSCaptura.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 280K
    fluidtest.png
    640 x 480 - 156K
    daz29.jpg
    640 x 480 - 126K
    BenderCaptura.jpg
    1906 x 1007 - 300K
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    Alberto said:

Great! It will be in my cart as soon as released!

• Does the volume for the sim have to be a cube? Still thinking about streams and so on, which might be quicker and easier to manage if it could be narrowed to just enclose the watercourse.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I have another inquiry. Would this be able to do something like sweat?