[Updated to V1.1] FLUIDOS: a fluids simulator plugin for Daz Studio (commercial)

AlbertoAlberto Posts: 463
edited September 21 in Daz PA Commercial Products

It's time to make your renders flow!

image

image

Wherever there are fluids, we are immersed in them. However, they are underrepresented in Daz Studio renders due to its lack of a fluid simulator. Some artist make the fluid simulation in an external software, as Blender, and then import the results in Daz Studio.

No more, Fluidos can do the work! Completely inside Daz Studio!

Fast. Can work in two cores computers. Only needs an OpenCL capable graphics card.

Good for animation and for still renders as well.

It can manage high viscosity fluids:

Changes in version 1.1

Fixed these bugs:

  • The first time a scene was saved, the childs of the Domain got unparented.
  • Disabling OpenCL was incomplete, the engine searched for OpenCL devices before the starting of simulation.
  • When Domain was rotated from default, the Source/Sink nodes didn't follow Domain properly.
  • When Domain was rotated from default, the diffuse particles didn't orient to camera.

New Features:

  • Flow force to simulate wind over liquid.
  • Linear force for special effects.
  • The user can select the second GPU, if exists, as the OpenCL device.
  • The old baked files can be erased before running a new simulation (by setting ON "Erase baked files" in Main Settings of Domain).
  • The user manual was extended.
boat2_079.jpg
640 x 480 - 183K
Post edited by Alberto on
«13456715

Comments

  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 267

    Wow! Never thought Id see that! Thats amazing, cool Alberto

  • gerstergerster Posts: 198

    Wau! Very cool!

    Is it possible to do really big ocean? ( Circle form, no sqaure)

    What is with foam of a beach?

    An does it simulate the waves trace and foam of a moving ship?

  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 414

    Yes. Oh God, I have wanted this for so long, you can't even imagine. I would reiterate Gerster's questions, though I most likely will buy this on day one regardless of the answers.

  • ImagoImago Posts: 1,778

    yesyesheart

    Can't wait!

  • Looks great! A new world is coming to Daz Studio!

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 3,285

    Looks amazing - well done.

     

  • Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,255

    Looks good!

  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 4,237

    cool video. The mage throwing water sells it. 

     

  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,064
    Please take my money now.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 435

    Wow. Just wow.

  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 463
    gerster said:

    Wau! Very cool!

    Is it possible to do really big ocean? ( Circle form, no sqaure)

    What is with foam of a beach?

    An does it simulate the waves trace and foam of a moving ship?

    It's possible to do an circular ocean (using  a circular obstacle). The size could be whatever, although the level of detail is the limitant; a big ocean with high level of detail could consume substantial amount of time and memory. However, the whitewater (foam, spray and bubbles) could increase the realistic efect in an ocean with lesser level of detail. You can determine the level of detail and the quantity of whitewater.

    And, of course, Fluidos can simulate foam of a beach.

    About the moving ship, certainly, you can see the effect in the second video.

     

    Alberto said:

    image

     

  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,064
    Any estimate on when this will hit the store?
  • SOLD!!!

  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 463
    Sorel said:
    Any estimate on when this will hit the store?

    I think about within a week or two.

  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,064
    Awesome! Can't wait.
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 6,008
    Alberto said:
    Fast. Can work in two cores computers. Only needs an OpenCL capable graphics card.

    Which OpenCL standard? Anyone using dForce will already have a card capable of the newer OpenCL 1.2, but a lot of people will still have the older OpenCL 1.1.

  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 463
    Alberto said:
    Fast. Can work in two cores computers. Only needs an OpenCL capable graphics card.

    Which OpenCL standard? Anyone using dForce will already have a card capable of the newer OpenCL 1.2, but a lot of people will still have the older OpenCL 1.1.

    It uses the OpenCL 1.1

  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,064
    Another question, is it possible to make rain with this?
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 463
    Sorel said:
    Another question, is it possible to make rain with this?

    There isn't a direct option for rain. But, as in real life, it can be simulated by shooting a stream of fluid (as a garden hose can do). However, this trick is more suitable for animations than still renders (unless you use motion blur).

  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,064

    ok, thanks for the info. I'll have to mess around with that when it's available.

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 11,302

    Wow...

  • th3Digitth3Digit Posts: 17,566

    you could set an obstacle that makes it sprinkle like rain, maybe a holey grate

  • IvyIvy Posts: 4,350
    Alberto said:

    It's time to make your renders flow!

    image

    image

    Wherever there are fluids, we are immersed in them. However, they are underrepresented in Daz Studio renders due to its lack of a fluid simulator. Some artist make the fluid simulation in an external software, as Blender, and then import the results in Daz Studio.

    No more, Fluidos can do the work! Completely inside Daz Studio!

    Fast. Can work in two cores computers. Only needs an OpenCL capable graphics card.

    Good for animation and for still renders as well.

    It can manage high viscosity fluids:

    You have my attention yes

  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 414

    I assume we can use whatever materials we want? Because it would be interesting to use the high viscosity settings to simulate sand or a mattress. Maybe even parts of a body being pressed, it if allows for volume conservation?

  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 463
    Uthgard said:

    I assume we can use whatever materials we want? Because it would be interesting to use the high viscosity settings to simulate sand or a mattress. Maybe even parts of a body being pressed, it if allows for volume conservation?

    Yes, you can use any material you choose. And the volume is conserved (athough this conservation is not perfect in high speeds and chaotic flows). About a body being pressed, there is some limitants: If you want to transform a solid mesh (e.g. a figure) in a fluid, the plugin copies the volume transforming it in a grid. This grid has the resolution you choose; for a figure you will need high resolutions, that need more memory and time of simulation. Moreover, the UV is not conserved, because, as in real fluids, there isn't a static surface.

    Sand can be simulated very nicely; but a mattress is more difficult: a real mattress don't behave as a fluid, it has a too rigid surface; I think dForce is better for it.

     

  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 414

    Thanks for your answer. Really excited about trying this and getting to experiment with it, just a pity some of the things I wanted to try are literally impossible, but I guess if the product solved soft body physics as a whole you would have opened with that.

  • Alberto said:
    ... I think dForce is better for it.

     

    Speaking (well, writing) of which - I assume dForce can't interact with the fluid sim, for cloth to be pulled around by the flow, but what about the reverse? Will Fluidos be able to see the mesh modifications produced by dForce and adjust the flow to follow them?

  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 463
    Alberto said:
    ... I think dForce is better for it.

     

    Speaking (well, writing) of which - I assume dForce can't interact with the fluid sim, for cloth to be pulled around by the flow, but what about the reverse? Will Fluidos be able to see the mesh modifications produced by dForce and adjust the flow to follow them?

    If this is a closed mesh (not an open surface), Fluidos can use as a solid obstacle, no matter if the mesh is changing its form along time.

  • Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    ... I think dForce is better for it.

     

    Speaking (well, writing) of which - I assume dForce can't interact with the fluid sim, for cloth to be pulled around by the flow, but what about the reverse? Will Fluidos be able to see the mesh modifications produced by dForce and adjust the flow to follow them?

    If this is a closed mesh (not an open surface), Fluidos can use as a solid obstacle, no matter if the mesh is changing its form along time.

    Ah, that probably rules out most clothing (I'd been wondering about using wind in dForce to generate a pseudo flow, then running the fluid through that - or using fairly simple shapes with wind and negative gravity as kelp). Thank you.

  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,080
    edited August 26

    Is it as easy to use as dForce is (just press the 'simulate' button)?

    Could a tidal wave be generated, so that we can finally depict surfing on a wave?

    Post edited by Xenomorphine on
Sign In or Register to comment.