Star Wars Renders 2013 +

Comments

• I thought I'd give you guys a quick update regarding my Corellian Courier spacecraft, as it has been a while with one thing or another. She's still coming along nicely, just a little slower with me having to divide my time between this and other projects. Latest news is a full reworking of the front end. Have had a lot of people showing an interest in getting a 3D printable version of this model when it is done, and the lower front  section with its curved elements just wasn't cutting it, was way too low poly, probably too low poly even for the detailing I wanted to add in there even for the a CGI version, so that is what led to a full rework of that section with a much greater polycount, and a much smoother surface. Taking 3D printing into consideration, there will also be a splitting of the project once the exterior is fully completed, as that will then be the basis for the 3D printed version, and I'll then have to look at making the mesh watertight, and breaking it up into suitable chunks for printing, while the CGI version will continue along the originally intended path, with a full interior to be built, and texturing and the like.

Anyhow here's a couple of pics of where its at now.

Corellian_Courier_WIP_129b.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 245K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_130.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 257K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_131.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 260K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_133.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 342K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_134.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 492K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_135.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 463K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_137.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 348K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_138.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 349K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_139.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 362K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_140.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 163K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,342

Looks real good

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,353
    edited July 2022

harold_withers said:

I thought I'd give you guys a quick update regarding my Corellian Courier spacecraft

I'd pay money for a DAZ version of that!!!!

Post edited by Gogger on
  • Thanks Robert, appreciate the feedback.

Robert Freise said:

Looks real good

• Well that is the plan, heh, I'd not post about it on here otherwise. This will eventually be available on Daz, when I finish the damned thing!

laugh

Gogger said:

harold_withers said:

I thought I'd give you guys a quick update regarding my Corellian Courier spacecraft

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,353
    WOOHOO! I guess we need to post Storm Troopers outside your door to help keep you focused. Perhaps have you answer directly to Lord Vader.... ;)

harold_withers said:

Well that is the plan, heh, I'd not post about it on here otherwise. This will eventually be available on Daz, when I finish the damned thing!

laugh

Gogger said:

harold_withers said:

• harold_withersharold_withers Posts: 281
    edited July 2022

laughlaughlaugh

Gogger said:

WOOHOO! I guess we need to post Storm Troopers outside your door to help keep you focused. Perhaps have you answer directly to Lord Vader.... ;)

Post edited by harold_withers on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,536

Jyn on the Lam

Jyn on the Lam

• TheRendererTheRenderer Posts: 23
    edited July 2022

Threw this together this evening. I've always loved the Cathar race and was absolutely thrilled to be able to render my OC from SWTOR and actually have her resemble how she appears in game.

Post edited by TheRenderer on
  • Cobalt42Cobalt42 Posts: 26
    Thought I would put my two cents in.
  • Cobalt42Cobalt42 Posts: 26

Still learning the posting controls and other stuff.

Obi-Wan and DAZ.jpg
    2560 x 1600 - 688K
  • JastamosJastamos Posts: 104

Ghosts of the past

fp.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,536

Nightsister

Nightsister

• JasonWNalleyJasonWNalley Posts: 122
    edited August 2022

I've been working on an Ahsoka Tano character the past couple of days... re-texturing from the ground up and kitbashing several pieces together... She's about 99% of the way there... (Pixel peeping will definitely yield some errors, I am aware of them, and will be correcting them before she's finalized.  

Post edited by JasonWNalley on
    edited August 2022

Looks cool. Nice work.

Oh, and cool Jyn Erso too.

yescool

Post edited by harold_withers on
  • @JasonWNalley nice work

been doing my own version too with a view of her looking a bit more like Rosario, only thing I dislike is the headpiece I got from the Falcrum set, might look at the renderhub version

SW Tano.png
    776 x 860 - 324K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,342

draven_11_74c1296a16 said:

@JasonWNalley nice work

been doing my own version too with a view of her looking a bit more like Rosario, only thing I dislike is the headpiece I got from the Falcrum set, might look at the renderhub version

Nice work 

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 247

@JasonWNalley nice work

Looks great.

Which headpiece from renderhub are you looking for? That one from Monika's Togruta looks not so good as that one you used in your pic. 

• Joe2018 said:

@JasonWNalley nice work

Looks great.

Which headpiece from renderhub are you looking for? That one from Monika's Togruta looks not so good as that one you used in your pic. 

Actually it's the one by LZY that I'm looking at 

• draven_11_74c1296a16 said:

Joe2018 said:

@JasonWNalley nice work

Looks great.

That's the one I am using, the LZY one.  I definitely had to re-texture it, I used the PBR Skin Shader, Micro Skin normals and bumps, used photoshop to re-draw and color the base map .  I am totally satisfied with it, but it's long and the Rosario one is squat.  You could probably make it more like Rozario's by using the transforms, but I don't like the way Rosario's Togruta look in the series, I definitely prefer the longer ones... 

• JasonWNalley said:

Joe2018 said:

@JasonWNalley nice work

Looks great.

That's the one I am using, the LZY one.  I definitely had to re-texture it, I used the PBR Skin Shader, Micro Skin normals and bumps, used photoshop to re-draw and color the base map .  I am totally satisfied with it, but it's long and the Rosario one is squat.  You could probably make it more like Rozario's by using the transforms, but I don't like the way Rosario's Togruta look in the series, I definitely prefer the longer ones... 

Yeah I prefer the look from Rebel then Mando, it's more the character I want to look like Rosario (which I now have a good likeness for see pic with Dwayne Johnson) just the Fulcrum version is good for distance but loses quality on close ups and is a b**ch to try and re-texture 

SW Tano and Vox.png
    776 x 860 - 626K
  • draven_11_74c1296a16 said:

JasonWNalley said:

Joe2018 said:

@JasonWNalley nice work

Looks great.

Yeah I prefer the look from Rebel then Mando, it's more the character I want to look like Rosario (which I now have a good likeness for see pic with Dwayne Johnson) just the Fulcrum version is good for distance but loses quality on close ups and is a b**ch to try and re-texture 

Ahh, yeah... I will be re-scultping the model to have Rosario's face once I am done with all of the texturing work...   The LZY is closer to SWR, I used the leggings and boots in that image from the LZY kit, and the top I think is from the Monika kit I believe...  I have no aptitude for making clothes, only retexturing them, lol.  I have however since changed the boots out for different ones.  The Fulcrum by Shinteo version I have but haven't even looked at just because of the angularity of it.  Though, the more I look at the boots on it, the more I might just see if I can make them work... 

• MKDAWUSSMKDAWUSS Posts: 91

LeslieTheNerd said:

Threw this together this evening. I've always loved the Cathar race and was absolutely thrilled to be able to render my OC from SWTOR and actually have her resemble how she appears in game.

Since you mentioned it, I think I could recreate maybe 3 SWTOR characters in Daz. 3 characters would be missing key equipment, 2 would be missing face overlays, and 1 would be missing physcial features.

• Oh very cool. Nicely done.

yes

@JasonWNalley nice work

• Thought I'd share my updated Ashoka

SW Tano Blue.png
    776 x 860 - 330K
    Fallcrum.png
    780 x 860 - 458K
  • Looks good

• Very cool, those two look great.

edited October 2022

Hi there guys, has been a while so I thought I'd throw another update out there. This project is taking some time due to the dual nature of it, with my deciding to make a 3D printable version which has thrown up additional issues such as increasing the polycount in some areas to maintain the smoothness neccesary for printing in some areas, where usually Smoothing Groups would take care of business had this remained a purely CGI endeavour for use within Daz 3D or any other game engine, or software. So this means essentially rebuilding a lot of stuff, and also there is additional factor of making parts watertight, and actually breaking the ship down into parts for printing. So essentially we now have two different models, one to build as a kit, and one that will be a CGI only asset with full interior and all the bells and whistles that come with that.

Well, I'm happy to say that the actual building and design of the ship is pretty much done, there might be some minor details that I may add down the line, but the ship is essentially done. Features that you'll see added here include the landing gear at long last, so the thing is no longer just floating there inexplicably. These landing gear will be inspired by the Millennium Falcon's for the most part, but the front gear will also take some inspiration from the original Ralph McQuarrie concept art of Han Solo's Pirate Ship design that came became the Falcon became a thing. In addition to this we have some key nicely detailed greeble filled engineering pits, the one imbeded in the spacecraft's nose should feature some familiar details, and also just filling in gaps here and there to complete the full look of the ship, figuring out fully how the escape pod integrates with the main ship for example, and detailing that area. So this design and build phase is now complete.

Now comes the breaking apart of the ship into component pieces for the kit, which I have already begun, in conjunction with the rebuild of certain components for the aforementioned increased polycount for printing. On the upside, every new element I have built since deciding to make a version for 3D printing, has been built with that in mind, so all these parts are already watertight and ready to go for the most part. This should be an interesting process, and will lead the model down a quite different route from the CGI version. Once the 3D printable version is complete, I'll get right back to it and complete the CGI version with interiors and textures, which should result in two very different fun expressions of the same ship design.

Right, enough of my waffle, here's some eyecandy, enjoy.

Corellian_Courier_WIP_141.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 131K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_143.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 214K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_145.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 520K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_146.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 326K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_153.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 251K
    Corellian_Courier_WIP_152.jpg
    1536 x 921 - 269K