OT: Camp Nano DAZaholic Writers cabin is open!

2»

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited June 2018
    nicstt said:
    Llynara said:

@nicstt - Looks like there's a user there that matches your name here, but hasn't set up a project yet. As soon as you do, let me know. The system won't let me send an invite without it.

That's me, but not set up a project yet.

Send me an invite; I've actually got something I wrote earlier. :)

I just don't know what project I want to do. I do 3D graphics, I code, and I write, but I write less often these days.

I have two books awaiting covers that I came to Daz for, and never got done...

Mainly (I suspect) because I don't fancy releasing them; stops tham being personal.

@nicstt - Unfortunately the system tells me it can't send you an invite until you pick a project. I've tried several times. As soon as you do pick one, I'll send again. Just let me know. 

@blurst- invite sent! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

@nicstt - just put "undecided" as project name and leave the goal as default.  You can change most of it once you decide.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

@nicstt - just put "undecided" as project name and leave the goal as default.  You can change most of it once you decide.

Cheers and done.

Yay, the invite went through! 

There are two more people that need to set up projects before I can invite them. We're filling up, so hopefully they will soon.

• Llynara said:

@blurst- invite sent! 

Great!

I do want to get back into the habit of writing, especially since I have the time on my commutes.

Also, it's a good time to change my forum image from the Creeper image, I guess.

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

Please send me an invite- I think everything is set up. My name over there is Desertsilvir.

Please send me an invite- I think everything is set up. My name over there is Desertsilvir.

Done!

Looks like we have three slots left! If you want to join us, please sign up for CampNano and set up your project soon! 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,829
    Llynara said:

Will send something in as soon as I decide a project.

Just let me know and I'll send an invite :)

MissBadWolf is ready.

edited June 2018

Great! Invite sent! Glad you could join us! 

That leaves just one slot open, folks! There are 19 of us in there now, with room for one more. Snuggle up! 

PS. If we get full, we can still post here too.

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550

Solid group. I hope everyone does awesome.

Go! Go! Camp Na-no-wri-mo!  Yeeeeeaaaahhhah Team!

Hit me if I'm being obnoxious, lol.

LOL! Keep the cheers coming, DG! We love you! heart

@FirstBastion Your invite was sent. Can't wait for you to join us! 

I am rewriting what I wrote and trying to attach a document of what I wrote so far.

docx
    docx
    Colorsofthenight.docx
  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550

How's everyone else doing? Keep at it!

I'm excited to say that I met my goal for the month! I have a few more scenes to write, but nothing major. The first draft is done! 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Congrats, Llynara!  Cheering everyone on from the sidelines this month.  Stay motivated, folks.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Heh, I knew there was something else I was supposed to be doing this month!

Sigh,

Again!

oops that is what I was supposed to be doing at Barnes and Noble.

Just validated my project. I came in around 57,00 words. Very excited to have this done and off my plate.

Sooo much more to do!

edited July 2018

Last day of Camp Nano! We've had quite a few finish already and a few more very close to their goals. I'm proud of everyone that signed up and was willing to give it a go. 

For those that didn't get started or fizzled out- it's okay! Sometimes life gets in the way. Keep going, keep trying!

The next Camp Nano isn't until next April. The big NaNoWriMo is in November, but alas, no cabins for that one. Perhaps we can do a thread here to support each other or a private group on Facebook in lieu of a cabin. I can guarantee I'll be writing and would love some company! 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I reached my goal and validated on the 29th so a couple of days early. I would love to have a thread for November. I already have a project in mind that I'll be outlining for November so I'll be doing NaNo then.

Our cabin is winding down, today is the last day of Camp Nano, though I think the cabin will be open for another week or so. I've set up an FB group as a "cabin" until the next one here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DAZaholicWriters/

Also, I'll start a NaNoWriMo thread in the forums here when November hits for those who would like to support each other here. 

Thanks to everyone who participated! It's really fun to hang out with other 3D artists who also write! heartheartheart