OT: Camp Nano DAZaholic Writers cabin is open!

LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
edited June 2018 in The Commons

Hey fellow 3D artists! It's that time again, for Camp Nano! If you're a 3D artist and a writer, come join me in our own cabin!

Here's how:

1. Sign up or sign in at: https://campnanowrimo.org
  2. Set up a writing project. 
  3. Send me a message there or here asking to let you into the cabin. My user name over there is "kimberlygordon". I need your username over there to send you an invite.
  4. Come have fun and write together!

We have space for 20 people, and camp doesn't officially start till July 1st. So, come on down! 

Post edited by Llynara on

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I'm torn.

I'm already in a randomly assigned cabin, but going with a Dazer specific one is tempting... but this cabin seems a little too... organized... (not quite the right word) by the cabin leader - heck I didn't know random cabins had cabin leaders.

On the other hand, cabins the last few times haven't helped keep me on task, so maybe having something in common will help....

Decisions, decisions....

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

For me, cabins have proven to be just another place to post, "I haven't written anything" sad Every Camp, every Full Nano, I say, "Maybe this time it'll be different," but . . .

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I promise we won't be organized, LOL. We're just going to write and have fun!  

I'm torn.

I'm already in a randomly assigned cabin, but going with a Dazer specific one is tempting... but this cabin seems a little too... organized... (not quite the right word) by the cabin leader - heck I didn't know random cabins had cabin leaders.

On the other hand, cabins the last few times haven't helped keep me on task, so maybe having something in common will help....

Decisions, decisions....

For me, cabins have proven to be just another place to post, "I haven't written anything" sad Every Camp, every Full Nano, I say, "Maybe this time it'll be different," but . . .

I know that feeling. I'm still working on the book I was working on two Camp Nanos ago. It's okay, I'll get there eventually. So will you! 

Llynara said:

I promise we won't be organized, LOL. We're just going to write and have fun!  

I'm torn.

Decisions, decisions....

Okay, I'm in.  PM sent

Woohoo! We're up to 4 people now. Plenty of spots left for anyone who wants to join us. No pressure. Just come, have fun, write a bit. We can also discuss our artwork as it relates to our books. I find DAZ a huge inspiration in building characters and worlds, as well as making my covers. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

@Llynara I'm in. I sent you a camp mail requesting an invite. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited June 2018

I'd be interested, but I have a very short attention span... Also back in school I was specifically told that what I do is not considered writing... In fact one teacher went so far as to tell me I was committing a variety of sins against the English language by holding a pen to paper.

Also my my writing has been known to outright kill laboratory mice and giraffes... It was a large report and it crushed the mice, but the giraffe just took his own life after the first page.

It also could be the drugs we gave him to help him learn to read, but the writing didn't help.

Definitely should not have given him a shotgun and taught him how to use it.

But anyway... I accidentally clicked on this thread, so I should stop writing and allow your eyeballs to get back to looking at more important and serious posts.

Cheers!

Post edited by McGyver on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I've joined, but unsure if I have enough time; something else would have to give.

nicstt said:

I've joined, but unsure if I have enough time; something else would have to give.

That's one of the things Camp has over regular NaNo.  You can define your own goals.  It can be "get 30 pages written" or it can be "Write for at least 15 minutes per day" (and you then set your writing goal as 465 minutes) or whatever works for you.

@nicstt - Just PM me your username here or shoot me a message over there (I'm "kimberlygordon") and I'll send you an invite.

@knittingmommy - The system says I can't invite you because you have your invites turned off. You can find those under "My Camp Nano"->Cabin Settings. Just turn them back on and I'll shoot you an invite. 

edited June 2018
    McGyver said:

I'd be interested, but I have a very short attention span... Also back in school I was specifically told that what I do is not considered writing... In fact one teacher went so far as to tell me I was committing a variety of sins against the English language by holding a pen to paper.

Also my my writing has been known to outright kill laboratory mice and giraffes... It was a large report and it crushed the mice, but the giraffe just took his own life after the first page.

It also could be the drugs we gave him to help him learn to read, but the writing didn't help.

Definitely should not have given him a shotgun and taught him how to use it.

But anyway... I accidentally clicked on this thread, so I should stop writing and allow your eyeballs to get back to looking at more important and serious posts.

Cheers!

LOL! We'd love to have you McGyver! Most of your forum posts have me falling out of my chair laughing. Feel free to join us! 

For the record- I write comedy across just about any genre. We might have had the same teacher, LOL

• beyonder2k9beyonder2k9 Posts: 116
    edited June 2018

@Llynara I'm in. I sent you a camp mail requesting an invite as b3y0nd3r

Post edited by beyonder2k9 on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Llynara said:

@nicstt - Just PM me your username here or shoot me a message over there (I'm "kimberlygordon") and I'll send you an invite.

@knittingmommy - The system says I can't invite you because you have your invites turned off. You can find those under "My Camp Nano"->Cabin Settings. Just turn them back on and I'll shoot you an invite. 

@Llynara I must have accidentally had the settings wrong. I just unchecked the box about no invitations so you should be able to send an invitation now. Thanks!

edited June 2018

@b3y0nd3r @knittingmommy Thanks ladies! Invites sent! 

@nicstt - Looks like there's a user there that matches your name here, but hasn't set up a project yet. As soon as you do, let me know. The system won't let me send an invite without it.

• beyonder2k9beyonder2k9 Posts: 116
    Llynara said:

@b3y0nd3r @knittingmommy Thanks ladies! Invites sent! 

gentlemen here lol

Oops sorry! Saw the girl in the pic and mistook you for one! My bad! 

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550

As you know I'm not a writer, but I'll be ready and waiting with my pom-poms in hand to be the cabin cheerleader again. No pressure Da Water Rat. I just like to encourage those with the skills I do not posess.

McGyver's guide to life would be something I would pay money for. There has been more than one occasion I have been looking for something interesting and funny to read, so I have serached out random McGyver forum posts. The longer and more convoluted the better.

Best of luck to all those that participate. No matter what you do, make good art.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 903

Sent in my message. :) My username is Mary K. Baker.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,741

Will send something in as soon as I decide a project.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,411

Good idea.  I'd give it a try. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

I'll sit this one out. I'm still waiting for Amazon to correct all the stuff with my new book. I always have to count an extra week or two for this after every book. :D I should have chosen a very simple pen name. :D

Mary- I got your invite sent. Happy to have you on board! 

@FirstBastion - just set up your project and let me know what your username is, then I'll send an invite. 

As you know I'm not a writer, but I'll be ready and waiting with my pom-poms in hand to be the cabin cheerleader again. No pressure Da Water Rat. I just like to encourage those with the skills I do not posess.

McGyver's guide to life would be something I would pay money for. There has been more than one occasion I have been looking for something interesting and funny to read, so I have serached out random McGyver forum posts. The longer and more convoluted the better.

Best of luck to all those that participate. No matter what you do, make good art.

Awww, we love having you as our cheerleader! You bring a lot of sparkle to our lives! heart

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited June 2018

OK, I just signed up Kim - and sent you a PM in the usual place.  

I haven't written for a long time, and I need something to motivate me.

Post edited by dracorn on

Yay! So glad you can join us! Invite has been sent! 

Will send something in as soon as I decide a project.

Just let me know and I'll send an invite :)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited June 2018
    Llynara said:

@nicstt - Looks like there's a user there that matches your name here, but hasn't set up a project yet. As soon as you do, let me know. The system won't let me send an invite without it.

That's me, but not set up a project yet.

Send me an invite; I've actually got something I wrote earlier. :)

I just don't know what project I want to do. I do 3D graphics, I code, and I write, but I write less often these days.

I have two books awaiting covers that I came to Daz for, and never got done...

Mainly (I suspect) because I don't fancy releasing them; stops tham being personal.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited June 2018

I want to get my hand back into writing.

Starting an idea and not finishing is easier when you're not pushed...

(Setup same user name over there.)

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on