Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    Novica said:

VYK Esme     Bella Mane Hair (Gen3/8F) 

Since this was in Fast Grab, (and may still be in one of the categories) I thought I'd show the Bella Mane Hair. Also, a tip when you add hair to the front roots-

TIP: after you draw your individual strands, enlarge the brush greatly, increase the transparency and softness- and do extremely large strokes over the root area for a general "shadow."  Think of this as a large area of haze, which softens the area. 

Click the before and after. These will open in separate windows.

Oftentimes when I see the women with heavy lipstick on in these DAZ renders if I relax my eyes just a little looking to the render it looks like they are floating above detached from the face (not it's not something the customer has done but the materials on different surfaces clashing)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

LOL that lip color is mild. The red and really dark mauves would certainly be floaters then. :) 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,683

While looking at products the other day, I actually found a Daz Original promo with a woman's breast and nipples showing LOL! If anyone wants to try to find it, that could be a game (sorry, no prize--I'm broke.) Or if nobody wants to play, I can just post it, I thought it was funny since it's a Daz Original and has been around for quite a while (hint)! 

Sounds like an interesting pic. Post the link. 

One more hint: It's a Genesis product shown on both a male and female. The female version shows boobs! 

• While looking at products the other day, I actually found a Daz Original promo with a woman's breast and nipples showing LOL! If anyone wants to try to find it, that could be a game (sorry, no prize--I'm broke.) Or if nobody wants to play, I can just post it, I thought it was funny since it's a Daz Original and has been around for quite a while (hint)! 

One more hint: It's a Genesis product shown on both a male and female. The female version shows boobs! 

That really doesn't help. C'mon give me a link!!!!!!!!! angel

edited August 2018

While looking at products the other day, I actually found a Daz Original promo with a woman's breast and nipples showing LOL! If anyone wants to try to find it, that could be a game (sorry, no prize--I'm broke.) Or if nobody wants to play, I can just post it, I thought it was funny since it's a Daz Original and has been around for quite a while (hint)! 

OK,  it's the third promo image here: https://www.daz3d.com/horned-barbarian

I do sexy art so I used it on G8F and it worked beautifully! I have a version where I added a bikini top I may post in the galleries when I'm done with postwork...  Believe it or not, the image I rendered, even the topless one, is actually very feminist! A strong woman with a huge mace (from one of @Midnight_Stories male creatures for G2 that I paid for--I missed the glitch...) 

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • While looking at products the other day, I actually found a Daz Original promo with a woman's breast and nipples showing LOL! If anyone wants to try to find it, that could be a game (sorry, no prize--I'm broke.) Or if nobody wants to play, I can just post it, I thought it was funny since it's a Daz Original and has been around for quite a while (hint)! 

I do sexy art so I used it on G8F and it worked beautifully! I have a version where I added a bikini top I may post in the galleries when I'm done with postwork...  Believe it or not, the image I rendered, even the topless one, is actually very feminist! A strong woman with a huge mace (from one of @Midnight_Stories male creatures for G2 that I paid for--I missed the glitch...) 

Eeeeeenterestink! Veeeery Eeeenterestink. Of course, it looks like the artist didn't use the nipple morphs on that figure. 

That's Hiro, not a girl.

That's Hiro, not a girl.

I think you may be correct there. 

edited August 2018

I looked at the arm muscle and women don't muscle up that "long" in the forearm all the way to the bend of the arm. (There are exceptions of course. This is just a general impression.)   Also the thigh looked masculine. So I thought it was a younger man also.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2018

Novica said:

I looked at the arm muscle and women don't muscle up that "long" in the forearm all the way to the bend of the arm. (There are exceptions of course. This is just a general impression.)   Also the thigh looked masculine. So I thought it was a younger man also.

I guess I just assumed it was a strong woman with smaller breasts. The head and neck seemed feminine and the height being so short compared to the other character and the pose seemed feminine compared to the big guy... Anyway, it works fine on G8F, even the boots! And you can put a bikini top under it...

Post edited by Wonderland on
    edited August 2018

It's always nice to get a pleasant surprise. In the 70% off featured group of vehicles is Horse-Drawn Carriage for the Daz Horse 2.  Folks, the horse LOAD IN PLACE. You don't have to do a darned thing. I thought I'd have to go get the horses. Since it was Mely3d (who is awesome) I assumed there'd be presets for AFTER I went and got the horses, but everything was easy-smeezy. If you have the Daz Horse 2, you definitely should grab this at 70% off!  Read everything it includes!

This is the instructions- so easy.

To use this product with the horses:

• Load the Carriage with the Horses

• Select a horse and apply a pose

• Select the 2nd horse and apply a pose

• In the Scene pane select the “Carriage > Reins”

• Under Properties for the reins select “Pose Fits”

• Dial up the pose dial that matches the pose and the Left or Right horse.

• Example: If you applied the Running 1 pose to the right horse - dial up “Running 1 Right” to 100%

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

LOL that lip color is mild. The red and really dark mauves would certainly be floaters then. :) 

Not the colors so much as lack of details and glossiness I think. laugh

Novica said:

It's always nice to get a pleasant surprise. In the 70% off group is Horse-Drawn Carriage for the Daz Horse 2.  Folks, the horse LOAD IN PLACE. You don't have to do a darned thing. I thought I'd have to go get the horses. Since it was Mely3d (who is awesome) I assumed there'd be presets for AFTER I went and got the horses, but everything was easy-smeezy. If you have the Daz Horse 2, you definitely should grab this at 70% off!  Read everything it includes!

This is the instructions- so easy.

To use this product with the horses:

• Load the Carriage with the Horses

• Select a horse and apply a pose

• Select the 2nd horse and apply a pose

• In the Scene pane select the “Carriage > Reins”

• Under Properties for the reins select “Pose Fits”

• Dial up the pose dial that matches the pose and the Left or Right horse.

• Example: If you applied the Running 1 pose to the right horse - dial up “Running 1 Right” to 100%

Wow, that is awsome at $4.19 I may risk a bit of my Guy 8 Pro Bundle budget this month athough I'm wanting to get Skin Builder 8 but have to wait it out...

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,804
    Novica said:

It's always nice to get a pleasant surprise. In the 70% off featured group of vehicles is Horse-Drawn Carriage for the Daz Horse 2.

That's what I chose yesterday. Good to know the horse loads well.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Novica said:

I guess I just assumed it was a strong woman with smaller breasts. The head and neck seemed feminine and the height being so short compared to the other character and the pose seemed feminine compared to the big guy... Anyway, it works fine on G8F, even the boots! And you can put a bikini top under it...

I thought it was a girl as well...

Poor Hiro lol

edited September 2018

I'm busy juggling a lot of things at the moment but did a quickie. I don't like this lighting because horses don't have gray legs, it's normally a dark black-brown or black. I don't know anything about a harness setup, but one thing to look for in bits is the D-Ring would have the straight line of the D closest to the horse's nose and the semi circle of the D would be the part being pulled. In this image, they are slack so not right/wrong. 

Nose / Front of Horse       D       cheek

In these, you'll see the D Ring hanging there. (It's the ring the reins are attached to by the mouth.) 

Horse Drawn Carriage.png
    672 x 605 - 505K
    Post edited by Novica on

Checking over at Rendo, Filter Forge 7.0 Pro (etc) is on sale for 75% off.  Regular price on the Pro is 399 (just go ahead and say 400, you're not fooling anyone with that gimmick) on sale for 100. Standard is 249 on sale for 62.25  etc. Just check in Deals.

If you already have Filter Forge, do they do free upgrades? Although the last one I have is 5.0 I think. And I've never had time to use it. 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    edited September 2018
    Novica said:

Checking over at Rendo, Filter Forge 7.0 Pro (etc) is on sale for 75% off.  Regular price on the Pro is 399 (just go ahead and say 400, you're not fooling anyone with that gimmick) on sale for 100. Standard is 249 on sale for 62.25  etc. Just check in Deals.

If you already have Filter Forge, do they do free upgrades? Although the last one I have is 5.0 I think. And I've never had time to use it. 

Filter Forge is on sale always. It's notorious for that; as in full price is a fake price basically. It's $79 for Pro through the Filter Forge website itself right now. I'm not being rude or anything; it's actually something I've seen discussed on the FF forums years ago. And I can personally testify to every time I've bought it or looked at their website, it is 80% off, expiring "soon."

Filterforge.JPG
    498 x 386 - 48K
    Post edited by firewarden on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:

Filter Forge is on sale always. It's notorious for that; as in full price is a fake price basically. It's $79 for Pro through the Filter Forge website itself right now. I'm not being rude or anything; it's actually something I've seen discussed on the FF forums years ago. And I can personally testify to every time I've bought it or looked at their website, it is 80% off, expiring "soon."

And now I'm wondering if it's aganst DAZ forum rules for me to discuss that... posting while falling asleep is probably not wise.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited September 2018
    Novica said:

As I recall, you can upgrade at a discount. Not sure if that is for a limited time, but I recall the offer was always upgrade from X.0 to Y.0, where Y=X+1. If you share your filters, you can earn points, (1 point for each filter that reaches "High Raning,") and use those points for discounts, or even free versions. It only takes 3 points to get the latest version. (Five points will get you a lifetime license!)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Novica said:

Yes, but only if you own FilterForge 6. Up grade discounts for versions 1 through 5 have been discontinued.

It should also be mentioned that it periodically goes on sale here at DAZ for even less - i.e. $60 and a couple of times even as low as $50.

Was that the Pro version though? (Just curious. I haven't used the one I have now so not buying it regardless.) 

Found a really neat video- these animals are SO neat! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited September 2018

Wow I had heard or seen most of those but the poodle moths were way cool!

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,707
    edited September 2018

One thing about playing with the new Fluidos plugin, it's a good way not to buy other stuff LOL

Here's some goo I made earlier (it's more fun when it loops, but as I'm a noob at uploading to youtube, I have no idea whether I can set that while uploading):

Post edited by Nath on

Good name for it- Goo!  I know what you mean about YouTube, I haven't uploaded there in ages. 

Oh gotta love it. That "wave that ain't gonna form" that is headed to the Gulf Of Mexico went from 10% (for three or four days) to 20% yesterday morning, to 40% this morning, and is now at "going to probably be a tropical depression" at 60%. If you folks in Mississippi and Louisiana haven't started making preparations, the last thinking was it was headed more west, rather than the Florida Panhandle. But since it went from 20% to 60% and they totally messed THAT up, well....

The next vigorous wave off of Africa, some models show it as a hurricane almost immediately after it launches off the coast. It will track further south and stay out of shear and dust. Visit tropicaltidbits.com as Levi does the best job of anyone in showing models and explaining things. (Also nhc.noaa.gov) 

Wow I had heard or seen most of those but the poodle moths were way cool!

I would just want to pet it if it landed on my shoulder. Actually, my eyes would get wide as saucers and I'd very quietly whisper to the person next to me, "WHAT IS THIS THING?" 

• NathNath Posts: 2,707
    edited September 2018

Novica said:

Oh gotta love it. That "wave that ain't gonna form" that is headed to the Gulf Of Mexico went from 10% (for three or four days) to 20% yesterday morning, to 40% this morning, and is now at "going to probably be a tropical depression" at 60%. If you folks in Mississippi and Louisiana haven't started making preparations, the last thinking was it was headed more west, rather than the Florida Panhandle. But since it went from 20% to 60% and they totally messed THAT up, well....

The next vigorous wave off of Africa, some models show it as a hurricane almost immediately after it launches off the coast. It will track further south and stay out of shear and dust. Visit tropicaltidbits.com as Levi does the best job of anyone in showing models and explaining things. (Also nhc.noaa.gov) 

May I also recommend windy.com for all kinds of weatherwatching (and specifically for hurricanes: http://www.tropicalstormrisk.com/)

Post edited by Nath on
    edited September 2018

I just found this on Jeff Masters blog (wunderground.com which is another good source.) It was done yesterday morning (well, this morning if you haven't gone to bed yet LOL, at 11am) as the odds are 60% now. Not predicted to be a hurricane but anywhere from 3"-7" of rain (or more.) 

On Monday, the wave is expected to cross Florida and enter the eastern Gulf of Mexico, where a modest drop in wind shear may allow organization into a tropical depression to occur. The 0Z Saturday European model forecast predicted a tropical depression would form on Monday and make landfall in Louisiana on Tuesday night, as did about 40% of the model’s ensemble members. The 0Z, 6Z , and 12Z Saturday GFS model runs did not show development, though about 20% of 0Z GFS ensemble model members did. The 0Z and 12Z UKMET model runs predicted development would occur on Wednesday or Thursday, off the coast of Texas.

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.