Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited May 2018

I thought this turned out well :)

Deep in Thought

2018-05-19 07:34:53.755 Total Rendering Time: 12 hours 7 minutes 26.95 seconds

Aldo - https://www.daz3d.com/aldo-hd-and-mustache-for-genesis-8-male

George Hair - https://www.daz3d.com/george-hair-set

Pipe - https://www.daz3d.com/holiday-nook-poses-and-props

Smoke - https://www.daz3d.com/sy-rigged-speedy-smoke-iray

Click on image for full size.

deep-in-thought-copyright-001.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 865K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    Fishtales said:

I thought this turned out well :)

And you are right - excellent result! 

edited May 2018

I wasn't happy with the 12 hour render and thought it might be the hair so a few adjustments and turned the HDRI round a bit and got it down.

2018-05-19 15:36:20.746 Total Rendering Time: 6 hours 10 minutes 41.27 seconds

deep-in-thought-copyright-002.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 914K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Fishtales said:

I wasn't happy with the 12 hour render and thought it might be the hair so a few adjustments and turned the HDRI round a bit and got it down.

Wow! He's gorgeous!!!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    Fishtales said:

Very nice work

@RGcincy, @firewarden Thank you both.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited May 2018

Brief guide to transferring G8 assets backwards to G3:

-Skins: The most reliable way I've found of transferring G8 skins to G3 goes like this: apply base skin to G8. Select each individual surface one at time, and save as the kind of shader preset that includes the textures. Apply shader presets to G3, one surface at a time. Save as Material preset. From here, your G3 *should* take any regular makeup/scars/body texture options from the original G8 set (not verified with LIE presets) so save them out as additional Material presets along with any eye color presets you feel strongly about. 

-Morphs: use this tutorial: https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3G8-409437916

-Clothing: use this tutorial: https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065 The tutorial author also has a product which can help with the more difficult items, I've found it to be most helpful with back-fitting the tunics from her dforce Roman outfit for G8 to G3.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Does anybody have the new Vernea Fae outfit yet? It looks almost too good to be true. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@fishtales   Wow, just wow. And that smoke! Looks so real. I love the crispness of the facial hair and hair, really has that wiry feel to it. 
    @odaa   Thanks for the tips- if anyone has any questions on doing that, we know who to send them to :) 
    @dreamfarmer  I don't have that outfit. 

@Novica Thank you. Just sometimes everything comes together and works....with a few tweaks here and there first though :)

@Robert Freise sorry I missed your post, thank you.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,130
    edited May 2018

Does anybody have the new Vernea Fae outfit yet? It looks almost too good to be true.

It does look good, doesn't it? I've not bought anything for a few days because I'm trying to save my store credit for the next character release, but with that very full outfit package and the wizard robes I'm having to hang on to that credit by my fingernails! I hope someone did buy it and will show us a few renders soon.

Fishtales said:

He's great!

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

@fishtales that does look great!

I agree, that outfit looks super cute and very versatile.  and come with some beautiful textures.  I didn't buy it, only because I have been waiting on that wizards bundle, and Marshian's digital arena and that was the extent that my budget reaches this week.  Have you guys seen that arena?  Its really an amazing piece of work.

One thing to note- the beard does NOT come with the wizard. (Saw that on another thread, I didn't buy the wizard, etc.)  

That arena looks really unique. Marshian always has innovative ideas, such a joy to see what he (a he or a she?) comes up with. @marshian  what gender are you, if you don't mind me asking? 

@melaniel    (or anyone) Do we have a hint as to the next character since several have been mentioned? I know we spotted two female names (one being Girl) 

What are the guidelines on promo art?   You'll immediately see what I mean. That fourth thumbnail is the worst.  If they allow this, I have some great ideas on how to show men using that same principle. What do you think ladies?       https://www.daz3d.com/mocking-bird

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

That poor girl needs a sweater. ;-)

Come on now. She is in a wet t-shirt and it looks cold wink

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186

WOW, I step away for a bit and you go wild. :) Work and RL have conspired to kick me square in the gut for a while and I am starting to finally pick myself up. Haven't done to much in the way of 3D art for a while and tried to work on other things to get out from under the storm clouds. I am a serious Star Wars fan and I am working on a set of Cosplay armor and hoping to submit it to the 501st for approval soon. Here is picture of the armor parts of my costume, still waiting on the flightsuit and assorted smaller pieces to finish this up. Trying to catch up on the backlog of posts. Sorry to hear your friend lost her horse and hope that she finds a new furry friend to start new memories with soon. 

IMG_20180517_091121.jpg
    1560 x 2080 - 1M

Welcome back @shadowhawk1    That Cosplay armor looks good! 

I went out to the stables today, and Laura hadn't been back out since her horse died. I did PM her a few days ago to let her know Stetson would love to see her any time she wanted to visit/brush/ride. He's totally different than her horse, which was very tall, golden color, slender. He's my roly-polly, dark, much smaller buddy. I'll let her know everyone is thinking about her and relay the thoughtfulness. :) 

edited May 2018

Wow, a lot of DIM updates. Any of these from bug reports that you know of?  1.1GB

updatesMay20.jpg
    500 x 431 - 802K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072
    Novica said:

What are the guidelines on promo art?   You'll immediately see what I mean. That fourth thumbnail is the worst.  If they allow this, I have some great ideas on how to show men using that same principle. What do you think ladies?       https://www.daz3d.com/mocking-bird

Remember, too, that this product is from RDNA-which had very different rules/regulations on promo artwork.  It's a fairly old product.

edited May 2018

Marnie HD for Genesis 8 Female       X-Fashion Bohemian Top and Accessories (Gen8F)    Karissa Hair (Gen3 / Gen8)  

I enlarged Marnie's pupils for that particular eye selection. They were very small and she looked like an alien. 

The lights are Pro-Studio, Ghost Lights, and BOSS lights combined. 

MarnieXFashnBohemKarissaHr.png
    615 x 800 - 866K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

WOW, I step away for a bit and you go wild. :) Work and RL have conspired to kick me square in the gut for a while and I am starting to finally pick myself up. Haven't done to much in the way of 3D art for a while and tried to work on other things to get out from under the storm clouds. I am a serious Star Wars fan and I am working on a set of Cosplay armor and hoping to submit it to the 501st for approval soon. Here is picture of the armor parts of my costume, still waiting on the flightsuit and assorted smaller pieces to finish this up. Trying to catch up on the backlog of posts. Sorry to hear your friend lost her horse and hope that she finds a new furry friend to start new memories with soon. 

That's awesome!!!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

As far as I can tell the guidelines are no full nudity other than that any other rules are interpreted by mods in ways that I don’t understand.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

As far as I can tell the guidelines are no full nudity other than that any other rules are interpreted by mods in ways that I don’t understand.

1. Posts, threads, and images MUST NOT contain ANY nudity, violence, or profanity.
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2018

I made my first freebie blush. Just a little pendant for mother's day.

It is to be used with Jewelry Basics for Genesis 3 Female(s) (the necklace) and doesn't have any shaders.

Of course I am proud of it and of course it is not perfect crying.

Can someone test it to see if, at least, it works right. THANK YOU.

Here is a render with it :

zip
    zip
    xmasrose-Mom's pendant.zip
    1M
    18_Mom's pendant for jewelry basics.png
    400 x 400 - 95K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459

Thanks for mentioning the Arena. It was a very different product for me and I'm still considering/wondering what kind of success it is.

In joining this community I was, still am, very curious about the need for user names and hidden indentities. So I dont mind questions like this. I'm a dude in my late 40s, living in NW Georgia, with a wife and a cat "Luna". I was a photographer, body painter, light sculptor, and did graphic design for many years until I discovered DAZ3D in 2012- Which I have been doing full time for over a year now...So happy to say.

Novica said:

One thing to note- the beard does NOT come with the wizard. (Saw that on another thread, I didn't buy the wizard, etc.)  

That arena looks really unique. Marshian always has innovative ideas, such a joy to see what he (a he or a she?) comes up with. @marshian  what gender are you, if you don't mind me asking? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    Novica said:

Wow, a lot of DIM updates. Any of these from bug reports that you know of?  1.1GB

Skinny jeans and corset bug was that Interactive Update was On in Parameters pane. They fixed it within a couple days of my help request. Fast work!
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260

That armor looks really good

This discussion has been closed.